ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Spencer Ware vs Damien Williams (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319276)

WhiteWhale 12-02-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13931729)
I'll say what I've continued to say: He'll give you 80-90% what Hunt would have, because historically, he's been at least that good. Truth is, that most people want to bitch about Ware because it's a conduit for them to complain about Hunt getting cut.

Kinda shifting away from what I was arguing.

All I'm saying is Hunt is better in the passing game and it matters. Not that Ware sucks. I've not said that anywhere.

He looks slower than he was in 2016.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-02-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13931739)
Kinda shifting away from what I was arguing.

All I'm saying is Hunt is better in the passing game and it matters. Not that Ware sucks. I've not said that anywhere.

He looks slower than he was in 2016.

If he was that much slower, you'd likely have seen a significant drop off in the level of his production for each touch. Hunt has had plenty of games like today. And Hunt is the fourth passing option. A slight drop off at that is not all that important. If his loss was terribly important, the line would have shifted more than a half-point. Truth is, Kareem Hunt just doesn't matter all that much to the success or failure of the Chiefs.

WhiteWhale 12-02-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13931775)
If he was that much slower, you'd likely have seen a significant drop off in the level of his production for each touch. Hunt has had plenty of games like today. And Hunt is the fourth passing option. A slight drop off at that is not all that important. If his loss was terribly important, the line would have shifted more than a half-point. Truth is, Kareem Hunt just doesn't matter all that much to the success or failure of the Chiefs.

Neat.

Why are you arguing about things I haven't said? No one is saying Ware is going to derail the offense, and it's sure as hell not coming from me.

Pitt Gorilla 12-02-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13931775)

interesting point regarding the betting line, given that we didn’t come close to covering.

Flying High D 12-02-2018 10:29 PM

We need this Justin Jackson that is knifing the Pitt D.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-02-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13931786)
Neat.

Why are you arguing about things I haven't said? No one is saying Ware is going to derail the offense, and it's sure as hell not coming from me.

"Hunt is better in the passing game and it matters."

If it really mattered, and if it was a real difference, it would be borne out by statistics and the betting line, and was done so by neither

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-02-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13931802)
interesting point regarding the betting line, given that we didn’t come close to covering.

All those sports books are those size because they don't know how important individual players are.

Setsuna 12-02-2018 10:34 PM

Someone smart told me not to sleep on Ware. I believe him! ROFL ROFL ROFL

ILChief 12-02-2018 10:43 PM

Williams looked better today

oldman 12-02-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13931550)
Doesnt matter going to need a committee moving forward

This. There was a comment by 1 of the announcers that Ware got 20% of the snaps in practice this week, both Williams got 0. Use Ware as more of a battering ram and Williams on the edge.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2018 10:47 PM

Spencer Ware vs Damien Williams

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13931465)
16 carries, 49 yards
18 carries, 44 yards
16 carries, 50 yards
9 carries, 21 yards
22 carries, 46 yards
9 carries, 37 yards
11 carries, 42 yards

Those are six of Kareem Hunt's 27 career games. Let's not act like he was some kind of monster every week.

This.

It has so much to do with the system now.

Just finished watching the Chargers vs Steelers.

2 AFC teams in the hunt to when their division. Both currently running their (high-power) offenses through “backup” running backs.

Hunt was good. Not great.

Flying High D 12-02-2018 10:49 PM

Hunt looked double great compared to what rolled out there today.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13931929)
Hunt looked double great compared to what rolled out there today.

This team just put up 40 points on the road against a division rival.

Our RBs aren’t our issue going forward...

Pitt Gorilla 12-02-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13931860)
All those sports books are those size because they don't know how important individual players are.

So, they actually got it right?

WhiteWhale 12-02-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13931851)
"Hunt is better in the passing game and it matters."

If it really mattered, and if it was a real difference, it would be borne out by statistics and the betting line, and was done so by neither

You keeps shifting between two arguments.

1. Ware is almost as good as Hunt. He's just marginally lesser as a player and equal or better in the passing game (I disagree)

2. How important RB's overall are to an offense. (Not even the subject)

I'm arguing one of these, and you constantly shifting to the 2nd isn't needed.