ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Possibly considering forcing Chargers to Move Back to San Diego? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310276)

Randallflagg 09-22-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 13096552)
Chargers belong in SD. Hopefully they can come to a deal about building a new stadium. Is Qualcom really that bad?

Yes, yes it is. I went there to see the SDSU Vs Naval Academy a few years back and it was the biggest junk heap of a "stadium" that I have ever been in. The concrete was cracking - looked like it might give way at any time. The concessions were a total joke and the bathrooms? I've seen better in 100 year old jails.

Seriously, I don't blame the Chargers for leaving - that place was awful.

displacedinMN 09-22-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13096563)
They should return to San Diago, but I fear that major damage has been done.

I think the NFL should take an ownership stake in the team, either tear down or update the Q, but long term I think they need to look at selling that team. Man what a shit ownership group.

COuld the NFL force the sale of the team??????????

displacedinMN 09-22-2017 03:04 PM

not st. louis. They do not deserve another chance at an NFL team. Ever.

ChiefGator 09-22-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13096653)
some of this is true in Florida. Mainly baseball because there is 162 games. Too much to do down here to commit to that many games.

It is very true of the ol' Devil Ray games in the Trop. When I lived there the Yankee-Devil Ray games were always the most full, and it wasn't Devil Ray fans. When they introduced the two teams, it was obvious the place was mostly Yankees fans. I think I heard a recent Cubs-Rays game was the same way.

Reerun_KC 09-22-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13096672)

Idk. But I go to LA tomorrow. Gonna ask my boss if he is going to look back into NFL ownership. He's itching to get into that group. Owns NBA, WNBA and some other stuff. NFL is on his short list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wazu 09-22-2017 03:32 PM

Stadium should be nice and full this Sunday. And if optics are so critical they might want to consider lowering prices.

Easy 6 09-22-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13096565)
Move the Chargers to San Antonio. Football will never fail in Texas.

I could not agree more

St Louis didnt support their team any better, and maybe even worse, than San Diego

And going San Diego itself will almost certainly never fly, theres just too much bad blood at this point

But San Antonio, Texas? You just know they have the rabid football fan population down there to keep an owner fat and happy

Rams Fan 09-22-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13096672)

LMAO

NFL isn't coming back to St. Louis anytime soon, so...

PutQuinnIn 09-22-2017 07:54 PM

Spanos made a BILLION dollars moving the franchise to the LA market, they aren't going anywhere.

tk13 09-22-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13096945)
I could not agree more

St Louis didnt support their team any better, and maybe even worse, than San Diego

And going San Diego itself will almost certainly never fly, theres just too much bad blood at this point

But San Antonio, Texas? You just know they have the rabid football fan population down there to keep an owner fat and happy

This is a great post filled with 100% sound logic, but Jerry Jones will personally drive to your home and spear each and every one of you in the face with a trident before he ever allows this to happen.

Easy 6 09-22-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13096960)
This is a great post filled with 100% sound logic, but Jerry Jones will personally drive to your home and spear each and every one of you in the face with a trident before he ever allows this to happen.

LMAO

Calcountry 09-22-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13096628)

BTW after living in LA my whole life I can firsthand confirm everyone's comments about us being a non-loyal sports town. Too much to do, and most people from other places.

Not to mention the Traffic. But then, the Dodgers NEVER EVER had a problem selling their product.

DaneMcCloud 09-22-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcountry (Post 13097000)
Not to mention the Traffic. But then, the Dodgers NEVER EVER had a problem selling their product.

Either did the Rams, until Georgia moved them to Anaheim

TribalElder 09-22-2017 08:32 PM

lol @ London chargers

Phyllis has been commuting

Calcountry 09-22-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13097008)
Either did the Rams, until Georgia moved them to Anaheim

Were they ever sure how her husband died mysteriously. I am such a conspiracy theorist. Watched way to many episodes of Columbo.