ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV KCTV-5 is at an impasse with DirecTV and U-verse (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310267)

wazu 09-22-2017 09:39 PM

So did this get worked out? If not Google Fiber should ramp up for a full blitzkrieg of the KC market.

Dartgod 09-23-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13097098)
So did this get worked out? If not Google Fiber should ramp up for a full blitzkrieg of the KC market.

"If they don’t reach a deal, DirecTV and AT&T’s U-verse will drop KCTV-5 from their offerings on Friday."

It's still available for me this morning, so maybe they settled?

Fire Me Boy! 09-23-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DartMod (Post 13097251)
"If they don’t reach a deal, DirecTV and AT&T’s U-verse will drop KCTV-5 from their offerings on Friday."

Likely just an extension to continue negotiations.

A Salt Weapon 09-23-2017 09:26 AM

This has been going on for about a year now up here. My dad has direct TV but doesn't get the local channel. So far I've been able to stream any games at his house for him but it is annoying.

Pablo 09-23-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DartMod (Post 13097251)

Yeah, I'm golden as well. I'm expecting the shit to cut out about 11:30 tomorrow morning though for the **** of it.

Fire Me Boy! 09-23-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13097325)
Yeah, I'm golden as well. I'm expecting the shit to cut out about 11:30 tomorrow morning though for the **** of it.

Unlikely. With the game on CBS and the attached revenue, I'm sure Meredith is doing everything they possibly can for an extension. If it's still on this morning, they got an extension. Probably for a few days. That's pretty standard.

big nasty kcnut 09-23-2017 11:39 AM

God bless the internet. No cable no problem.

Fish 09-23-2017 08:18 PM

The deal is done.

Impasse between KCTV-5, AT&T over

The impasse between a Kansas City television station and AT&T is over and that’s great news for Kansas City Chiefs fans.

Contract negotiations had stalled between KCTV-5 and AT&T and the impasse threatened to drop KCTV-5 from DirecTV and AT&T’s U-verse. The cable TV providers are owned by AT&T.

Friday was the deadline for a new contract. Officials with Meredith Corp.-owned KCTV-5 declined to comment on the agreement, as did a spokesman for AT&T.

Pablo 09-23-2017 10:46 PM

Well, that's just spectacular. I still feel like a dipshit for reneweing my contract w/ DTV at $89/month v. just buying an antenna and working the other shit out.

**** all of these cable companies, guess I'll need to actually give enough of a shit next May to get out.