ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tony Romo, One Week in: Best Commentator in the NFL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310025)

Buehler445 09-12-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13077583)
That's pretty cool to watch. Hopefully that just means the raiders are brutally predictable ROFL

Romo came off as a bit of a douche early on but I came to really like him. Went from a guy accused of not caring about the game to one of the gutsiest players in the league

Romo was terribly under appreciated here. He drug very shitterrible cow**** teams to respectibility. Naturally when he's done they get a line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13077594)
He was good. Rex Ryan was not.

Rex isn't good at anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13077607)
For awhile last night i thought Rex Ryan was Mike Mayock.

I turned to my wife and said, "They've got Mike Mayock with that lesbo chick? Most boring broadcast team ever".

LMAO

Then i find out it's Rex Ryan.

ROFL

Can't be as bad as whatever chick they had on with Matthew Berry for LeBatard. She has to win the shittiest on air personality in the history of ESPN

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13077623)
And Rex Ryan may have been one of the worst announcers to be in the booth for an NFL game ever. Man, he was bad.

Hell, I'd take Bryant Gumbel in the early NFL Network days over Ryan without question.

Dennis Miller and Rush Limbaugh disagree.

chiefzilla1501 09-12-2017 07:00 PM

Sounds like they didn't have a play by play guy? Why would you do that to two rookies?

KC_Connection 09-12-2017 07:05 PM

He was a great quarterback too despite what some said about him. Had to deal with a bad team around him for virtually his entire career and made them respectable. Hardly surprising he'd be good at this too.

NWTF 09-12-2017 07:36 PM

I thought Romo did good. Obviously has a better feel for the game than the majority of commentators. Didnt care one lick about him as a player but hes good in the booth.

After the Titans got to within 3 (the last points they scored) he said Carr/Raiders were going to open up the passing a bit and go for the kill on this drive. They did. He was spot on on almost everything.

Rex on the other hand was horrible. I hated listening to him and that lady. Couldnt finish the game.

Buehler445 09-12-2017 07:39 PM

One thing McNabb said on the radio that made some sense was he needs to tell the audience WHY that play is coming not just that it is.

stevieray 09-12-2017 07:40 PM

..it was fresh.

Rain Man 09-12-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13077680)
Tony Romo was pretty good. that was ****ing Rex Ryan on Monday Night? That was literally the worst broadcast I've ever heard.

It wasn't great, but I think it was much better than Bill Walsh's time in the booth. That guy was incapable of saying anything that wasn't self adulating. Worst broadcast I've ever experienced.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2017 08:19 PM

It was truly awkward when they had Phil Simms interview him pregame.

What was CBS thinking??

FloridaMan88 09-12-2017 08:33 PM

Sergio Dipp, enough said.

KChiefs1 09-12-2017 08:35 PM

He reminds me of Hank Stram. Hank would call the plays before they happened too.

Cornstock 09-12-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 13077690)
Counterpoint, and I honestly don't know the answer:

Did fans of the Titans/Raiders get tired of him "spoiling" the play a little bit?

I thought this too, maybe some of the commentators could do that too but it might ruin the entertainment value so they don't.

But wow, was he prophetic, pretty impressive to watch. Explains why he was so into the fantasy (gambling imo), and also why Goodell didn't want him to be involved. The players have an inside edge on the knowledge stuff.

ChiefGator 09-12-2017 08:48 PM

Damn.. that would be fun to hear.. hope he broadcasts one of our games this year.

Yeah, that abortion on the late night Monday game was awful.

Cornstock 09-12-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13077801)
One thing McNabb said on the radio that made some sense was he needs to tell the audience WHY that play is coming not just that it is.

This, and I think he will get to that point soon.

Fans watching his games are in for a whole new level of education that we haven't seen in broadcasting. It might make me start turning on the volume again.

Raising the level of broadcasting, hopefully the rest can match it, it'll make for a better product. Rather than telling terrible human interest pieces about "diversity."

I'm looking at you Sergio Dipp.

The Franchise 09-13-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13077623)
And Rex Ryan may have been one of the worst announcers to be in the booth for an NFL game ever. Man, he was bad.

Hell, I'd take Bryant Gumbel in the early NFL Network days over Ryan without question.

After Siemian ran the ball near the goal line......Ryan literally said....

"Was that Vick out there? Oh....it's Trevor Siemian."

:facepalm:

jjjayb 09-13-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 13077697)
I thought Rex did a good job the girl who was with was terrible though. Rex provided some insight you normally don't hear from color commentators. Romo was awesome but I hope they don't make him dumb it down. Gruden is more than capable of adding lots of quality color but chooses to pretend to be a dumbass.

That was a girl? That explains it. I kept thinking, "this dude has a really annoying squeaky voice, how the hell did he get a job announcing games". Now I know why. You can suck as long as you're helping diversity. :rolleyes: