ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game: Week 11 LA 54 KC 51 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318984)

CoMoChief 11-20-2018 01:49 PM

I love The Hill area. Reminds me of the downtown Garozzo's. Or Garozzo's reminds me of The Hill.

I lived with a lot of St Louis Rams fans during the yrs I lived in Columbia. They all hate Kronke and wish the franchise falls out into the Pacific along w/ the state of CA.

Sucks now because we used to have FFL leagues together around the time Priest Holmes/Marshall Faulk/DV/Martz era....lots of back n forth on who had the best offense etc. Fun times.

Now that rivalry is forever gone and we can't give each other shit. :/

InChiefsHeaven 11-20-2018 02:17 PM

I found myself slightly more upset after this one than the Pats game, but I think that was all of the LA Knob Slobbing going on with the crappy commentators. Once I had time to reflect, I feel like we're going to be fine. Nobody is perfect. It's ironic that Pat had his best and worst night on the same night. I also was hating some of the officiating, but the Rams got jobbed on a couple of no calls as well, so there's that.

Happy Thanksgiving. GO CHIEFS!

Easy 6 11-20-2018 03:32 PM

Really agree with #4, coming out of halftime with a dud drive was a momentum killer

Peters didnt do shit but get lucky, cant believe he didnt get flagged for removing his helmet, or straddling Mahomes UFC style to talk shit after the whistle had blown... and no, I dont buy what Mahomes said about that at all

Pat was just trying to keep it in house so to speak, Peters was clearly barking at him and even had him by the facemask

Mother **** Marcus Peters

Talisman 11-20-2018 03:52 PM

Great write-up as usual. On Hill's last return, yeah, when it took us until 30some seconds left and a spent timeout to get out to the 20, I was wishing he would have let that one go.

oldman 11-20-2018 04:10 PM

Kudos again, George. I think one of the best observations you made is My only real gripe with Cam Erving is not with getting beat by Donald, but not falling on the Goddamn football on one of the strips Donald got on Mahomes. Erving tried to pick up the ball and run with it. That’s Pop Warner stuff, man. Fall on the football. Please, please, please, Brett, start watching Big 10 football and get us a LG or 6 in the draft.

SAUTO 11-20-2018 04:11 PM

Thanks one again George

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 04:25 PM

If that is Mahomes worst game, I'll take it every time.

When the Chiefs had the ball on the LA 48 yard line with 1:28 on the clock & the Chiefs with all 3 timeouts...I figured the worst outcome was OT. You could run KHunt there with the middle of the field wide open. No need to chuck it there at all. I'm not sure if that's on Andy or Patrick but total fail.

Great read as always George.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13906486)
Mahomes had his “worst” game and still threw 6 TD’s/400+ yards and finished with a 117 QB rating.

He's amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eDave 11-20-2018 05:24 PM

This is your best one yet. So much to take in with that game and you present it with takes that are not being discussed in the media.

Happy Thanksgiving.

stevieray 11-20-2018 05:55 PM

Down by 10

Down by 13

Penalties out the wazoo

On the road

...without Watkins.

Lose by three....in both of our only losses.

Don't pinch me, I don't want to wake up.

Future's so bright , I gotta wear Elvis shades.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nap attack!

3rd&Long 11-20-2018 06:13 PM

Outstanding report again George. I wasn't really expecting a win last night and given the turnover difference, the Chiefs were highly competent in keeping it that close. Next time these teams meet, if the networks and football Gods so decree, I see the learning experience gained by KC to have a significant impact on that (Superbowl?) game.

Randallflagg 11-20-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otherstar (Post 13906801)
Happy Thanksgiving, and if you'd have told me at the beginning that going into the bye we'd only have two losses, I would have laughed. For that, I'm also thankful!

I feel the same. :thumb:

9-2? I would have thought that impossible at the start of the season. Hell.....I'm happy! :)

Flying High D 11-20-2018 08:34 PM

Thanks, George. Suh is a dirty player.

big nasty kcnut 11-20-2018 08:45 PM

Great read George. Happy turkey say to you and the loved onea.

synthesis2 11-20-2018 08:57 PM

George,

Loved the write up but the only two things I would disagree with somewhat would be Mahomes having his worst night. Here is what I base it on, with all of the drama excitement etc that was going around, he played clutch. Donald was a man possessed and EVERY single QB in my opinion would of been stripped sacked the way he hit them with so little time. The pick he threw to the DL on the screen was pure, and I mean pure luck, 99% of the time that's just knocked down or completed. The pick at the very end of the game was just pure garbage hail Mary type of throw with zero time left so I don't put that on him. And the throw to Peters was simply a batted ball.

The second was Peters, I thought he played like garbage and his pick was much different than Scandies ( although he should of picked it off ) and it was absolutely 100% NOT a playmaker pick, it was tipped as you saw and it is wasn't Peters I would of been someone else but it was like an underhand throw to the dude. Not a playmaker INT, just him getting burned on the route and being VERY lucky it was tipped to bail him out, otherwise it was a TD to the house, so actually by sucking and being so far behind the WR it put him in a good stop but intercepting the ball was incredibly easy, anyone could of caught it. I recorded the game and watched it back, Peters was a step behind the entire game.

Other than those two points I thought your writeup was well done.