ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184595)

Prison Bitch 04-14-2014 08:56 AM

That's some sort of big deal? He didn't like the guy moving around when he wa hitting. Bubba is a monster apparently

philfree 04-17-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10561698)
That's some sort of big deal? He didn't like the guy moving around when he wa hitting. Bubba is a monster apparently

Was that sarcasm? Yeah don't be moving around while I'm making my play.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-17-2014 08:24 PM

Bubba doesn't cuss people out (video evidence)
Bubba doesn't bark at fans (video evidence)
Video of him bitching about an entire tournament setup as well.

The point is that he's an asshole. Great golfer, but an asshole. If PB watches almost all these events, I suggest he pay better attention.

philfree 04-17-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10570354)
Bubba doesn't cuss people out (video evidence)
Bubba doesn't bark at fans (video evidence)
Video of him bitching about an entire tournament setup as well.

The point is that he's an asshole. Great golfer, but an asshole. If PB watches almost all these events, I suggest he pay better attention.

I didn't watch the vids I was just saying don't be moving 'round while I'm playing my shot. Besides that I can see Bubba as a jerk. He did adopt a cute kid though so there is that.

philfree 04-17-2014 08:51 PM

If Tommy Watson could putt he'd be the #1 player in the world. What a ball striker.

WilliamTheIrish 04-17-2014 09:25 PM

Hamas, I want to thank you for the visual of "shaking hands" on the follow through.

I didn't score well Wednesday, but that mostly due to 35 mph winds blowing the ball all over the earth. Again, I'm concentrating on hitting down and I really compressed some 7i and 6i shots. I was getting correct distance and hitting waaaay high.

The wind was so strong on Wednesday and I was on hole 10 at Prairie Highlands. It's a 350 yd Par 4. You have to carry a creek about 210 yards, so I routinely lay up. On Wednesday I hit a 3W inot the teeth of the wind. Hit it right on the screws and it bounced to about 10 yards shy of the creek. Nice and flat. Perfect lie. 140 to the pin and carry a bunker.

Wind was brutal, so I pulled out my 5i and mashed it. It went up, and up. When I hit it, I thought "damn, that's going over the pin, maybe over the green. As I watched it come down it was not only short of the green, but it fell a full 30 yards short landing on the grass area between the bunker on the left side of the green. Chipped on (short). 3 putted. Double bogey. **** you mother nature.

But, I'm seeing + results and I feel better about the grip and my ability to get balls over traps/water/ dead areas.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-17-2014 09:35 PM

:thumb:

RippedmyFlesh 04-17-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10560648)
Bubba goes on this list. Multiple Masters wins.

That basically defines you as a bamf in golf more so than most other yardsticks.
You basically find at least 9 of the top of 10 or so of all time there.Ironic that the best not on that list is Bobby Jones. Don't know of any other major who's similar list would have that many.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-18-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 10570745)
That basically defines you as a bamf in golf more so than most other yardsticks.
You basically find at least 9 of the top of 10 or so of all time there.Ironic that the best not on that list is Bobby Jones. Don't know of any other major who's similar list would have that many.

The US Open has more of the GOAT on it, but it is also flush with some less than stellar anomalies, like Andy North. Still, there are guys like Jimmy Demaret on Augusta's too.

US Open:

Bobby Jones
Ben Hogan
Tiger Woods
Jack Nicklaus
Walter Hagen
Gene Sarazen
Lee Trevino
Billy Casper

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-18-2014 08:54 PM

Oh, here's a tip of the day:

I was making really shitty contact with a lot of short shots lately before realizing that I had too much weight on my heels. It makes a difference even on chips and pitches. Get the weight somewhere between the balls of your feet and the top of your arch and you'll make far more consistent contact.

OnTheWarpath15 04-19-2014 08:01 AM

Did you guys see the Euro Tour golfer who was attacked by a swarm of hornets?

He jumped into a lake to avoid them, apparently was stung around 20 times, and still went on to birdie the hole.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2014 08:05 AM

Here's the video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W5uV-usCmEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That guy has balls big enough to cum in a dump truck.

Pablo 04-19-2014 11:24 AM

Holy shit.

Hornet stings aren't anything to **** with. Pretty impressive.

MahiMike 04-19-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 10560581)
It is nice not hearing "Tiger" every three words

Church.

MahiMike 04-19-2014 11:37 AM

In Orlando today to play at resort. Looks sweet. Hope to break 90. My kid is giving me 8 strokes.