ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Frazod 04-07-2017 03:09 PM

So sorry that it had to end this way - your battle has been inspirational.

See you on the other side.

Donger 04-07-2017 03:13 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Ed. Your courage has been inspirational, and that inspiration will continue for a very long time. You will be truly missed, but never forgotten.

Donger

Al Bundy 04-07-2017 03:21 PM

Frazod said it best..... Sorry to hear this Ed.

Renegade 04-07-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12814609)
I've had lots of people coming to see me, and it does good for me.

If I lived closer, I would love to stop by. Just not in the cards for me.

Sideburn 04-07-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12814609)
I've had lots of people coming to see me, and it does good for me.

Mr. Lonewolf Ed, I've never interacted with you, and until this moment you didn't know that I was here.
However, you and your battles were an inspiration to me and my family and I often shared your battles with my grandmother as she needed help fighting hers. You were a point of inspiration for her and she would often reference you and say when she was having a tough go, that "if that Lonewolf guy can continue to fight and keep his attitude, then I can too".
Bless you man, I don't think anyone here can properly surmise what you mean to so many people. You will be in my family's thoughts as you accept your next challenge. Thank you for your strength and courage.

kc rush 04-07-2017 03:53 PM

God bless you Ed. You fought hard. You are an inspiration and you will be missed.

ToxSocks 04-07-2017 03:56 PM

Dang, man. Damn.

I know we've never really interacted, but you're a core part of this community, Ed.

You will be missed greatly.

Damn.

redfan 04-07-2017 03:57 PM

The ****ing dust in here is baaad.
Ed, I don't know you but godspeed, bud.
We all win eventually.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-07-2017 04:09 PM

Lonewolf Ed, this is Hogfarmer's wife. I am so sorry to hear about you're condition. My Dad lost his battle with cancer 45 years ago and I know how difficult this is. I know in my heart, there is a better place and I will see my Dad again when my journey on earth is over. May God bless you.

OldSchool 04-07-2017 04:14 PM

Godspeed Ed. It was a pleasure knowing you through these boards.

Coochie liquor 04-07-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12813489)
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.

I am so sorry to hear this. So very sad. Prayers coming your way my brotha!!

Easy 6 04-07-2017 04:57 PM

I am simply at a loss for words

You're such a good and thoroughly decent man, Fast Eddie Ragnarok

SAUTO 04-07-2017 05:02 PM

Reading through this thread is enough to bring a guy to tears. I hope I'm as strong as you one day.

KS Smitty 04-07-2017 05:12 PM

Ben stiger op, naade stiger ned.

Godspeed Ed.

cabletech94 04-07-2017 05:37 PM

i've only spoken to you a few times throughout these years lonewolf. you were always a pleasure to talk to and to read.
im so sorry, and i don't know you from adam. i have no magic words, and im sorry that i can't sugar coat anything that i type.
please know that you are one of the good guys, and i wish you the absolute best.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-07-2017 05:40 PM

It's truly wonderful to see so many people posting in here, to see Hog Farmer's wife using his account to say hello and get a message through. I sometimes forget just how long I've been hanging around this place, and what a wonderful, dysfunctional family we have here.

Ed, I know every one here wanted very badly for this story to end on a different note, and I know we are all going to continue to pray for you, and to pray for a miracle for you.
But whatever comes, know that we are all feeling the loss of a brother right now, someone that we have come to know, admire, and love. I don't want to think about a day when I'll no longer get an update from you, I just want to celebrate this day and every day that you are alive and still with us.
It's been an amazing journey, and I'm very grateful that you let me come along.

Love you, brother.

J.

Three7s 04-07-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.

I've gotten to know you through your posts and I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. I know it may not mean much coming from me, but never give up! You never know when a miracle can happen.

Chief Roundup 04-07-2017 05:51 PM

:( Cancer ****ing sucks. You have already beat it in many many ways. You will be missed. Praying for you to have peace.

Dunit35 04-07-2017 05:53 PM

Sorry to hear brother.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-07-2017 06:17 PM

God bless, to Ed and to all. You'll be missed.

BlackHelicopters 04-07-2017 06:29 PM

Ed
This entire community, linked by the Chiefs, has now become linked through you. Your chronicle should be available at every oncologist's office for patient viewing. We have all grown to admire and respect you. Words come hard, but my tears flow freely. God will not forsake you. God walks beside you, and carries you if needed. My prayers and many others continue.

BryanBusby 04-07-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

My condolences buddy. Here's to as comfortable and relaxing last couple weeks as possible.

Ash 04-07-2017 07:08 PM

I have always just lurked on this thread always checking it when there was an update hoping for news of your recovery.When I checked it this morning while gearing up for another day in the office, I had to pretend my allergies were flaring up.

You have touched so many people's lives in this community and that is a testament to your tremendous character.

Thank you for sharing your journey, I hope you are surrounded by nothing but love, support, and have complete peace.

tmax63 04-07-2017 07:34 PM

All of us here will eventually face our mortality as you are now. I pray for comfort and peace for you and your loved ones and can only hope that when it's my turn I can face it with half the courage and dignity you have shown to us. Although we have never met I feel more of a connection with you through our Chiefs family than some of my blood relatives. God bless.

dirk digler 04-07-2017 08:17 PM

I am so sorry to hear this Ed. I echo what others have said you are true inspiration to many here and I enjoyed reading your posts. I hope your last few weeks are filled with alot of love and peace. Take care and god bless.

Black Bob 04-07-2017 08:26 PM

I like you ed. Best wishes dude. Any advice? Regrets?

bevischief 04-07-2017 08:30 PM

Go in peace.

Chief Northman 04-07-2017 08:36 PM

You have fought the the good fight Ed. God bless you and your family in this trying time.

Iowanian 04-07-2017 08:47 PM

I don't have the right words....

You've shown yourself to be a top shelf individual in your time here. I hope you can find peace in each of your remaining minutes and I hope your family and friends find comfort in the coming days.

When the wolf comes a lot of people find out that they are sheep....you've met this sonnabitch like a lion.

Peace to you, pal.

**** cancer.

thabear04 04-07-2017 08:59 PM

Best wishes to you Ed I'll be praying for you and your family.

MMXcalibur 04-07-2017 09:12 PM

So sad to hear, Ed.
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

splatbass 04-07-2017 09:16 PM

Sorry to hear this Ed. Your attitude is inspirational, and I hope your remaining time is peaceful and as pain free as possible.

Chromatic 04-07-2017 09:53 PM

****, man. I really don't have the words.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I wish you nothing but good vibes and peace the next few weeks. It's an honor, pleasure, and privilege to read about your fight and the strength you display during it.

My life is richer from getting to know you and your story a little bit. God bless and Godspeed, Ed.

Simply Red 04-07-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

This is going to be with me for a long long time brother. I'm so sorry - I can't say or do anything to help this. I'm devastated to read this. I always loved hearing from you - God Bless you Ed. You'll always live a little in my heart.

Gadzooks 04-07-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Whoa, the room got pretty dusty when I read this post.
Ed, I'd like to thank you for sharing the story of your personal war with cancer. I've really admired your attitude and perseverance throughout.
I've never understood the term "godspeed", I thought it meant 'I hope god speeds things up' (which didn't seem very appropriate), so I looked it up - it's an expression of good wishes to a person starting a journey.
With that in mind I wish you godspeed and thank you again for sharing.
When you finally kill the cancer it'll be with an axe.

Nightfyre 04-07-2017 10:59 PM

Ed,
Hang tough brother. You are in our thoughts.

BigOlChiefsfan 04-07-2017 11:51 PM

Best thoughts

Chiefshrink 04-07-2017 11:53 PM

Ed you and I have had this conversation privately and you and I are brothers in Christ. Very soon you will win the "real lottery" being in the presence of Jesus totally healed with a new body !! Imagine that !! Not to mention an emotional and mental peace that passes all understanding.

Like many others here I will miss your wonderful heart and total class act here on CP which is a HUGE TESTIMONY to who you are as a person and inspiration for all of us for sure. I pray these last few weeks are as comfortable as possible for you. Very soon you will meet Jesus and how wonderful that will be !! Hang on to that thought to get you through these last few weeks.

I will see on the other side my friend !!:thumb:

kccrow 04-08-2017 12:12 AM

I pray God grants you peace and comfort in your final days Ed. You're a great guy. Cheers to you for all that you've been to this community over the years, and I'm sure you've been even better to your loved ones. Your strength through all of this has been incredible, and is a model for all of us when we approach our final days. Thank you for sharing your story with us. God Bless.

C3HIEF3S 04-08-2017 12:18 AM

It has been a complete honor to be able to witness your story. I promise you it will be lived on and remembered forever. You have made as much of an impact as anyone can ever hope for. God bless you, Ed.

ROYC75 04-08-2017 03:44 AM

Quote:

ED, so sad to hear this news. But I can truly say that you have handled this with grace and dignity, much in the way that Jesus did. Keep the faith and press on towards that mark, the prize at the end of your race, Victory in Jesus.

You have shown the members on CP how to face illness and death head on. Spiritual warfare has nothing on you, your strength and faith is an inspiration to all of us here. Although we have never met (that I am aware of), my wife asks about you from time to time. She too is facing her difficult time one day here soon and has spoken highly about you from the stories I have passed on to her. She doesn't have the strength, grace and dignity as you do. I hope that one day she find it too.

My prayers to you is that you continue having the faith and strength in the final days that is the hardest to handle. The mark, that prize is Jesus, grab a hold and rebuke that devil each day leading up to your crossing into paradise. Just make sure you tell the devil he is a loser as Jesus grabs your hands and you leave this world. Our thoughts and prayers will go out to your family during this difficult time. Just let them know that everything will be alright, you have the Greatest captain in charge of your flight.

Ed, If there is anything I or anyone here on CP can do to help or assist the family in these last days, please feel free to speak, after all we are not just friends here, we are a big ole family as well as brother and sisters in Christ.

Personally, you will be missed my friend, more than you can possibly imagine. Godspeed Ed.

Cannibal 04-08-2017 06:21 AM

May your final days be as enjoyable as possible. Thank you for putting your story out there.

Pablo 04-08-2017 08:55 AM

Ed, I've only checked in here and there on this thread, but I'm sad to see this update.

You are a solid dude and I hope your final days are peaceful and easy.

rockymtnchief 04-08-2017 09:11 AM

I'm heading down the Boulder today. I'll have a beer for me and a beer for you. My best to you.

PHOG 04-08-2017 11:28 AM

Prayers for you and your family, may you be as peaceful and comfortable as possible. Godspeed Ed.

Lonewolf Ed 04-08-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 12815480)
I'm heading down the Boulder today. I'll have a beer for me and a beer for you. My best to you.

I love Moose Drool, and they had it on tap in Big Timber in the 1800s style saloon with the hotel. Good times were had in the most beautiful State I have been to visit, Montana. I miss that clean water and beautifully fresh air.

burt 04-08-2017 12:59 PM

Ed.....sorry to hear your devastating news. Have them drug you up, make silly comments and go peacefully, my brother! Oh, and save me a seat, where ever you go......

Bwana 04-08-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12815560)
I love Moose Drool, and they had it on tap in Big Timber in the 1800s style saloon with the hotel. Good times were had in the most beautiful State I have been to visit, Montana. I miss that clean water and beautifully fresh air.

The Grand?

https://thegrand-hotel.com/

Moose Drool is excellent.

Tombstone RJ 04-08-2017 01:15 PM

Ed, I have few words for you as I can only express my deepest and heartfelt sympathies for your situation. Keep fighting the good fight, and put your trust and faith in Christ and rely on His strength and love during this time. God bless you.

ptlyon 04-08-2017 01:15 PM

See ya on the flip side bro.

Perineum Ripper 04-08-2017 01:42 PM

Ed you inspired me during my battles with my stomach..I had it whipped and it come back but I'm kicking ass again..I come back and read this thread whenever I was having a bad day..it is saved in my favorites so I can get to it quickly..words can not express how sad I was to read the last update..I hope your last days are comfortable and I will keep you in my thoughts

Halfcan 04-08-2017 02:29 PM

Ed,

Thanks for sharing your fight. I have lost several loved ones to cancer and reading this brings back those sad days. It is a horrible disease. Even though it may win against your body, it never beat your spirit. You are a true inspiration. I am sure I feel as many do on here, we wish we would have met you in person. Best wishes to you on your journey ahead and to your family. You will be missed.

2112 04-08-2017 05:17 PM

I'm sorry to hear this terrible news. God bless you and your family, Ed.

TinyEvel 04-08-2017 06:02 PM

fuh.

No words, man. ugh.

Thank you.

Thank you for the courage to share your journey with us over these years. For the courage to fight and to have a great attitude about it.

My former work partner from ten years ago just died. He went to the doctor with back pain and was gone in two months. Cancer is an A-1 asshole. I'm glad you've been able to beat it back for all these months. You are stronger than most, and a genuine great person. Thank you for sharing and touching all of us all this time. God Bless you.

RINGLEADER 04-08-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 12814408)
Whenever I am having a "shitty day" I read through this thread and realize 1) nothing is as bad as what you are going through, and 2) you show everyone how to handle adversity like a man. Godspeed sir, and thank you.

I rarely posted in this thread but read it frequently. It was always inspiring and helped put things in their proper perspective. This comment from ping2000 sums up what I and I'm sure many of your friends felt.

Your courage, dignity, and perseverance will continue to be an inspiration in the lives of many you never knew, but who will always think of you as a brother.

hometeam 04-08-2017 08:42 PM

I have read every single update to this thread, every day. I have never posted but have always wished you would make and it and dreaded this day.

Know that you have inspired me and others countless times, and really showed what it means, and how important it is to live a real life.

Dallas Chief 04-08-2017 09:02 PM

Don't know you at all Ed. Followed the thread lightly recently because I'd hoped you had it beat. Saw the lounge name had changed and my heart sank. Sat and read through today's posts and wept for a good bit. Times like this makes me so thankful for all the amazing folks here on the Planet.

I'm really sorry for everything you have had to endure. I'll pray that God makes these last days as gentle as possible. Much love, peace, and prayers to you good sir.

Smed1065 04-08-2017 10:16 PM

Speechless, Thank you for your inspiration. You will be remembered.

Indian Chief 04-08-2017 11:13 PM

I've never met you, but through following this thread and reading about your battle I feel like I've gotten to know a bit about you. I logged on tonight and saw the lounge name and assumed the worst. After reading the recent posts I have to admit I shed a few tears. You have had a positive impact on this place and you will be missed.

Chiefspants 04-08-2017 11:21 PM

My heart hurts for you, Ed. I am so sorry for your prognosis.

I remember that you wrote that you preferred having a great piss to receiving third base a couple of years back. I was younger at the time, and didn't understand how any grown man would take that position.

Now that I am a grown man, I totally understand what you mean. Pisses always deliver. I hope you have a few more before heading that way - and I hope to see you on the other side.

I hope you have the means to be as comfortable as possible in these times. We are all thinking about you, Ed.

TimBone 04-09-2017 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12815624)
Ed you inspired me during my battles with my stomach..I had it whipped and it come back but I'm kicking ass again..I come back and read this thread whenever I was having a bad day..it is saved in my favorites so I can get to it quickly..words can not express how sad I was to read the last update..I hope your last days are comfortable and I will keep you in my thoughts

You keep on fighting, Mac.

Lonewolf Ed 04-09-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12815605)
The Grand?

https://thegrand-hotel.com/

Moose Drool is excellent.

Yep, the Grand. Nice little throwback to wild west days and they serve a delicious buffalo burger.

Lonewolf Ed 04-09-2017 02:20 AM

I don't know how much longer I will be able to sit at my computer and make posts, so I wanted to share something with you all now, to put my mind at ease that I got to say it. The multitude of you who have expressed such wonderful sentiments to me has been truly overwhelming. I never really thought I could inspire people, let alone to the degree you all tell me I have. My friend Chris who is a global outreach minister and goes to some nasty, scary places to bring God's word such as Ethiopia, northern India where radical Hindus rule, and Liberia said that my purpose here may well have been to show through my suffering how a man of faith in Jesus lives and how he dies. I may have brought many closer to Christ and eternal salvation and when I do pass, I will hear, "well done, my faithful servant."

I want to thank you all once again for how you have touched my life with all the prayers, support, and love these past two and a half years. It has made more of a difference in my life than I can put into words. I love you all.

RINGLEADER 04-09-2017 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12816213)
I don't know how much longer I will be able to sit at my computer and make posts, so I wanted to share something with you all now, to put my mind at ease that I got to say it. The multitude of you who have expressed such wonderful sentiments to me has been truly overwhelming. I never really thought I could inspire people, let alone to the degree you all tell me I have. My friend Chris who is a global outreach minister and goes to some nasty, scary places to bring God's word such as Ethiopia, northern India where radical Hindus rule, and Liberia said that my purpose here may well have been to show through my suffering how a man of faith in Jesus lives and how he dies. I may have brought many closer to Christ and eternal salvation and when I do pass, I will hear, "well done, my faithful servant."

I want to thank you all once again for how you have touched my life with all the prayers, support, and love these past two and a half years. It has made more of a difference in my life than I can put into words. I love you all.

You have made a difference and you are loved. God Bless you.

CrazyPhuD 04-09-2017 03:36 AM

:sulk: Never doubt how much of an impact you've had in people's lives both here and in life. Sorry to her the news, you will be sorely missed.:crybaby:

Bwana 04-09-2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12816212)
Yep, the Grand. Nice little throwback to wild west days and they serve a delicious buffalo burger.

It is, I was in there about 2 months ago buying a gift certificate,. Michael Keaton has a place around Big Timber and hangs out in there on occasion.

If there is anything we can do for you from this point on, just say the word Ed. I know there are a lot of people including myself that really care about you, so don't be shy if we can help in any way.

dlphg9 04-09-2017 10:05 AM

Ed, I know I've never commented on here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been paying attention. You have been one hell of an inspiration to alot of people, including myself. You have fought one hell of a fight. God bless you good sir.

Three7s 04-09-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

That gave me tears. To a brother in Christ, a post like this means more than anything. Just as Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross and did God's will, you're doing the same by showing us the fruits of your Holy Spirit, and I too, hope many come to Christ by seeing your life lived by faith as an example for all.

You fought the fight, you finished the race, you kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

God bless, my brother in Christ.

Eleazar 04-09-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Ed, you have shown us that. May your last days the be consumed with your faith and the sweetest days that your faith has ever known.

alpha_omega 04-09-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 12816432)
Ed, I know I've never commented on here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been paying attention. You have been one hell of an inspiration to alot of people, including myself. You have fought one hell of a fight. God bless you good sir.

This x100000000

shrlked 04-09-2017 01:47 PM

This seemed like a perfect place for my first post on CP. Long time lurker. Ed, like many here, I've kept up with your journey and appreciate your honesty and sharing your faith. May your faith, friends, family and prayers of others sustain you in as you finish your earthly journey.

GloryDayz 04-09-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

We love you too brother... And we're still praying...

Buzz 04-09-2017 06:43 PM

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. If your going to take a trip, maybe not the one you planned, I hear it's paradise. Praying if you have to go, you go peacefully. You are a good dude, see you around.

CaliforniaChief 04-09-2017 07:00 PM

You are truly a man of faith. Well done, Ed.

Strongside 04-09-2017 07:29 PM

Ed, as someone said a few posts ago, there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. You're a warrior, man.

In life, it's not about how you go, it's about how you live. And you, by all accounts, have 100% made the most of it. You've impacted many lives here and elsewhere, I'm sure. In the end, what matters for all of us isn't money, or fame, or possessions. It's legacy – it's how we made those we came in contact with feel. I can't speak for others, but you've been truly inspiring to me personally over the last 2.5 years. Don't ever stop fighting this horrible disease, and thank you so much for sharing this journey with us.

I'll have a beer for you tonight. Cheers, Ed. Cheers.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2017 07:56 PM

Ed, this was the one place, the one thread in this joint that made me feel like I was having a normal everyday conversation with a great fellow human being.
I'm certainly guilty of taking things to extremes and being a "net fool" at times for sure, but I've always appreciated the good talk we've had for so long, and the much-needed perspective you've brought to my life and to the lives of many others.

To say that I'm going to miss you is a massive understatement.

Thank you for everything.

-J

btlook1 04-10-2017 01:41 AM

ED

I like many have followed your story for quite awhile. I wish you the best of luck and have admired your honestly and fight. May peace be with you!

tredadda 04-10-2017 04:16 AM

Quote:

I rarely ever post on here anymore, just mainly read but I had to say that your words were powerful. You are indeed showing how a man of God faces his own mortality and doing so with a grace and dignity that is worthy of respect and honor. Thank you for sharing it with all of us and may you truly embrace those words "well done, my faithful servant". Perhaps we will have an opportunity to meet up in heaven one day and cheer on the Chiefs and share their annual disappointment and wonder if this will indeed be the year they draft a QB in round 1.

ExtremeChief 04-10-2017 08:02 AM

God bless you Ed. Thank you for sharing all you have. You have been quite the motivation to folks on here. Be proud of how many folks you have touched. It's really amazing.

Marcellus 04-10-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

May you have a Vikings entrance through the pearly gates Ed.

Prayers for you and your family.