ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287124)

kjwood75nro 03-26-2019 01:33 AM

It's a bad sign that I had to watch The Talking Dead to find out who most of the piked heads were...or maybe I'm just bad with disembodied heads.

Spoiler!

Dartgod 03-26-2019 06:20 AM

Sonofabitch! My DVR cut off the recording before it finished. Right after the commercial break after Alpha sat down next to Lydia in the theater. Sound like I missed a hell of an ending. Now I have to find a replay and catch what happened.

KC Dan 03-26-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14180301)
BTW wouldn’t they have all the saviors guns and ammo? Or has so much time passed that they were all used up and obsolete?

But, they have Eugene. They should be making rounds around the clock. Makes little sense to me

Nzoner 03-26-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 14180364)
Sonofabitch! My DVR cut off the recording before it finished. Right after the commercial break after Alpha sat down next to Lydia in the theater. Sound like I missed a hell of an ending. Now I have to find a replay and catch what happened.

I just now found out reading this thread,I thought it was a little odd that this episode according to my DVR was only 1 hour when it's usually like 1:08

sedated 03-26-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro (Post 14180337)
It's a bad sign that I had to watch The Talking Dead to find out who most of the piked heads were...or maybe I'm just bad with disembodied heads.

Spoiler!

Totally disagree about the last point in your spoiler (if we are talking about the same thing) - I LOVED the way they executed it - the people still at the fair wondering where someone was, then the reveal of where that person ended up.

eDave 03-26-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14180301)
Ok jeez. Finally we get some shit lit. That was one mofo of an episode. Homeboy’s speech at the end was a little much, but damn - how these guys will react will be interesting.

BTW wouldn’t they have all the saviors guns and ammo? Or has so much time passed that they were all used up and obsolete?

Reminded me of 300.

DJJasonp 03-26-2019 01:33 PM

My DVR cutoff too early too. But I heard the first 30 seconds of talking dead and they made an announcement about it - saved me from hearing it.

But wow - one of the strongest episodes in a long time. I've mentioned it before, but this season has redeemed itself.

Yes, it has flaws (but it always has had them).....but we're back with potentially the best "bad guy" since the Governor.

cabletech94 03-26-2019 08:45 PM

it wasn't your dvrs' that cut off early. i watched it live, knew it was scheduled for an hour. after the first minute of "Overtime", i knew something was wrong.

Hardwick even said it in the opening minutes of talking dead. i can't speak for satellite, but if you have On Demand with your cable co, you should be able to watch it in its entirety.
sorry if you missed it guys. it really was the best episode of the season.

SAGA45 03-26-2019 10:36 PM

"I have a feeling...it's gonna be a hard winter" - Alpha

TinyEvel 03-26-2019 10:52 PM

Hey what about the recurring “alpha / beta” themes here. Like with the Jadis helicopter people. Think there’s any connection?

Dartgod 03-27-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 14181925)
it wasn't your dvrs' that cut off early. i watched it live, knew it was scheduled for an hour. after the first minute of "Overtime", i knew something was wrong.

Hardwick even said it in the opening minutes of talking dead. i can't speak for satellite, but if you have On Demand with your cable co, you should be able to watch it in its entirety.

I watched it On Demand last night. There was a lot that happened after my DVR stopped the recording. Great episode and this season has been really good.

Alpha is one scary, crazy bitch. :eek:

KC_Lee 03-27-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 14182030)
"I have a feeling...it's gonna be a hard winter" - Alpha

Call John Snow!!!!!

Oppps....wrong show...

Nzoner 03-27-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 14181925)

Finally got to see it in its entirety and agree,it felt like one of those old classic episodes,Herschel's death,the human cattle slaughter from Sanctuary etc.

Baby Lee 03-31-2019 03:11 PM

FTWD with a bit of a chip on its shoulder, showing signs of actual storytelling

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bs37Ok6JAJE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kstater 03-31-2019 08:13 PM

Those winters in Georgia can be a real bitch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk