ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269732)

BWillie 08-12-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10793514)
[I have yet to see Cap 2.]

1. Avengers
2. Thor

3. Iron Man 1

4. Iron Man 3

5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. Thor 2

7. The Incredible Hulk

8. Captain America 1

9. Iron Man 2

All three Batmans
Man of Steel

Every thing else is terrible. Ironman 1, I guess decent in a lighthearted note

I just laughed watching Captain America and Thor, mainly cuz they were actually trying to go the dramatic route

BWillie 08-12-2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10814702)
You don't seem like you like many comic book or sci-fi movies. Why do you continue to go see them?

I actually love sci fi. Not so much comic book stuff and lord of the ring type shit with different realms. If it defies logic, like with talking racoons. I just cant do it. Im not saying Batman isnt purely fictitious and I realize it couldnt happen IRL but at least its not over the top fantasy garbage and it has a dark tone, at least feels like real life, and it has no trees with legs that walk around. Thats also helpful

ThaVirus 08-13-2014 12:19 AM

It's ****ing FANTASY, you dumb shit.

Seriously. Go the **** away. Your opinions are shit.

Chiefspants 08-13-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10814701)
Everyone told me this movie was good. I was made to go see it. What a shitfest. There was still, literally a freaking talking tree and a racoon. One of the stupidest movies ive ever seen. Not quite as bad as lord of the rings and harry potter, but pretty ****ing bad

You have some opinions.

Silock 08-13-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10814707)
I actually love sci fi. Not so much comic book stuff and lord of the ring type shit with different realms. If it defies logic, like with talking racoons. I just cant do it. Im not saying Batman isnt purely fictitious and I realize it couldnt happen IRL but at least its not over the top fantasy garbage and it has a dark tone, at least feels like real life, and it has no trees with legs that walk around. Thats also helpful

But you like a movie with an alien that lands on Earth and is basically a god because of "yellow" sunlight?

I dunno, man. Maybe you like sci-fi (like 2001 or something), but you definitely don't like comic book movies as much as you think you do.

EDIT: That's not a dig at you at all. But maybe you'd be happier if you just skipped these kinds of movies in the future.

Rausch 08-13-2014 12:27 AM

Quote:

Everyone told me this movie was good. I was made to go see it. What a shitfest. There was still, literally a freaking talking tree and a racoon. One of the stupidest movies ive ever seen.

Then why go see it?

It wasn't a secret. If you watched even one commercial for the film you knew their was a talking racoon and walking tree...

AustinChief 08-13-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10813712)
Tidbit on Quill's dad:Link

ok, so who are we guessing is his dad?

Odin? (or even Thor) would explain his nobility(Star Lord) and be a good way to tie the franchise to Avengers but doesn't really fit the "angel of light" description

Adam Warlock is possible but seems pretty extreme. And if he's the son of the Soul Gem, I doubt he'd have any trouble handling the stone he picked up in the movie.

Silver Surfer is owned by Fox so he's out.

Mentor (or even Starfox) sort of fits and is a good way to get the other Titans involved but kinda strange to have him be Thanos' half brother (or nephew).

My initial bet was on one of the Eternals. If it's Zuras, that would fit the ancient and powerful vibe and would also make him Thanos' cousin from the "good" side of the family, which would be kind of cool.

The problem with all of these is... none of them would need to send a merc to go pick him up.

keg in kc 08-13-2014 04:36 AM

Probably not warlock...
Spoiler!

JD10367 08-13-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10814757)

-------

The problem with all of these is... none of them would need to send a merc to go pick him up.

And what kind of a father would then let Yondu keep the kid and raise him as a mercenary? Either one who doesn't care that much and gets distracted easily, or one who's fairly omnipotent and always has his eye on him anyway.

Mr. Plow 08-13-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Everyone told me this movie was good. I was made to go see it. What a shitfest. There was still, literally a freaking talking tree and a racoon. One of the stupidest movies ive ever seen. Not quite as bad as lord of the rings and harry potter, but pretty ****ing bad

It's not like you didn't know about either of those going into the movie. Sounds more like you just don't dig on the Marvel movies. Nothing wrong with it, but you are easily wrong in this case. GOTG is a great movie.

Swanman 08-13-2014 12:28 PM

The answer is made very clear in the comics, although I don't know if they will follow that. I don't see why not because his dad is a fairly cool figure in the comics.

Nevermind, just read the quip from Gunn. I have no clue. I would go with something completely crazy and out there and have it be Gladiator, Ronan or Black Bolt. I also just read the War of Kings comic series so those three are stuck in my head.

Quote:

Odin? (or even Thor) would explain his nobility(Star Lord) and be a good way to tie the franchise to Avengers but doesn't really fit the "angel of light" description

Adam Warlock is possible but seems pretty extreme. And if he's the son of the Soul Gem, I doubt he'd have any trouble handling the stone he picked up in the movie.

Silver Surfer is owned by Fox so he's out.

Mentor (or even Starfox) sort of fits and is a good way to get the other Titans involved but kinda strange to have him be Thanos' half brother (or nephew).

My initial bet was on one of the Eternals. If it's Zuras, that would fit the ancient and powerful vibe and would also make him Thanos' cousin from the "good" side of the family, which would be kind of cool.

Swanman 08-13-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10814703)
All three Batmans
Man of Steel

Every thing else is terrible. Ironman 1, I guess decent in a lighthearted note

I just laughed watching Captain America and Thor, mainly cuz they were actually trying to go the dramatic route

You are either a 1) DC fanboy, 2) dipshit troll or 3) both.

AustinChief 08-13-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10815446)
The answer is made very clear in the comics, although I don't know if they will follow that. I don't see why not because his dad is a fairly cool figure in the comics.

Nevermind, just read the quip from Gunn. I have no clue. I would go with something completely crazy and out there and have it be Gladiator, Ronan or Black Bolt. I also just read the War of Kings comic series so those three are stuck in my head.

Gladiator. nice one.

I was thinking D'Ken as a possibility but that's all tied in with X-men I'm sure.

Direckshun 08-13-2014 01:01 PM

A guy who fought for the various comic Avengers perhaps the most without ever being mentioned in the comics here would be Hyperion or Sentry.

Handled by the right director (I vote Ang Lee), Sentry would be a brilliant stand-alone movie and later tie-in with the Avengers. Two problems with that: (a.) Sentry is of earth, and thus cannot be Quill's father, and (b.) while Comics Marvel doesn't care that it has 100 Superman clones, Cinematic Marvel almost certainly does, as it's actively avoided all of them.

Hyperion basically is a somewhat less powerful Superman with the exact same skillset, so there is absolutely no chance he ends up in Marvel's Cinematic Universe.

Gladiator's too close, too. Blue Marvel would be a good addition because he's not a white guy, which is essentialy 90% of the roster right now, but he's too close to Superman too.

Jamie 08-13-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

One of the Eternals is my guess too. Also my guess is that whoever Peter's father is didn't really want him to begin with, which is why he sent Yondu to pick him up and why Yondu was able to keep him with no apparent consequences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10815446)

The rights to Gladiator and the Shi'ar are probably with the X-Men at Fox.