ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

DJ's left nut 10-07-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7974526)
Yeah, I think they would have. They play so many other teams outside of the divison it's not like you wouldn't be tested against other very good teams regardless of what division you are in. But when you start out at such a disavantage it would be nice to not be in a division with team with the biggest advantage in the sport.

And that's where the analogy is a little flawed.

Well, MLB also has a playoff system in place where the ability to sneak in through weak competition and catch fire is a pretty big deal - you don't have that in CFB.

In basketball you may be right (witness Memphis), but I think in major college football you want to be playing against the best as often as you can. That's how you'll improve your program to the point that every 5-6 years you may actually have that legitimately excellent team.

Pants 10-07-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7974527)
So really it all gets back to KU's complete inability to discuss anything without yacking about basketball.

Got it.

Relax, man. It doesn't get back to anything. You think we're building a strawman and that's fine. I don't care enough to go search for posts to prove you wrong. MU fans think that the Tigers are a football power. It is what it is.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7974534)
Relax, man. It doesn't get back to anything. You think we're building a strawman and that's fine. I don't care enough to go search for posts to prove you wrong. MU fans think that the Tigers are a football power. It is what it is.

In other words "I got nothing"

And you said Rams Fan was bad at this...

DeezNutz 10-07-2011 12:46 PM

Power? No. But Pinkel has developed a very good program. This is much is indisputable, IMO.

As I've said a number of times, MU should be a perennial top-25 team. That's where my expectations are at this point in the program's development. Elite? Not close. But very solid.

Pants 10-07-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7974536)

Like I said, man, I don't really care enough to go back and look for posts from the years past.

ArrowheadMagic 10-07-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7974522)

Really?

Kids like Noel Devine, Geno Smith (their current starting QB), Stedman Bailey (their starting WR), Ivan McCartney (their #3 WR), Jorge Wright (their starting NT), Eain Smith (their starting safety). They don't matter to the program. :rolleyes:

Yeah really, they built their program with PA kids. Devine was an exception, but not really a program builder. But carry on if you must.

|Zach| 10-07-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7974536)

Acting dumber than he actually is and defending Wickedson can be an exhausting existence for Pants.

Frazod 10-07-2011 12:47 PM

How much longer until we need a third conference re-alignment thread?

Mr. Laz 10-07-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7974527)
So really it all gets back to KU's complete inability to discuss anything without yacking about basketball.

Got it.

you can say the same about MU and football

DeezNutz 10-07-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7974546)
How much longer until we need a third conference re-alignment thread?

About 10 more Wickedson posts.

Saul Good 10-07-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7974523)
It all stems from the old arguments we used to have how KU is a BB school. Naturally, MU fans would all start clamoring about how they're a "football" school. In reality, though, MU is just a school. One that is mediocre in both sports and severely lacking trophies.

Is MU football better than KU football right now? Obviously. Is MU more valuable to other conferences? Yes.

So they got that going for them.

There is no such thing as a "basketball school". All "basketball school" means is that your football team sucks. There are no schools with consistently good football teams that consider themselves "basketball schools".

Florida has won as many basketball titles in the last decade as KU has won in school history. Florida doesn't give a shit about basketball.

DaKCMan AP 10-07-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 7974544)
Yeah really, they built their program with PA kids. Devine was an exception, but not really a program builder. But carry on if you must.

WVU's roster has 19 kids from FL and 12 from PA.

Discuss Thrower 10-07-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7974557)

Florida has won as many basketball titles in the last decade as KU has won in school history. Florida doesn't give a shit about basketball.

Boom. Headshot.

Saulbadguy 10-07-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

There is no such thing as a "basketball school". All "basketball school" means is that your football team sucks. There are no schools with consistently good football teams that consider themselves "basketball schools".

Ouch. Killshot.

DaKCMan AP 10-07-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Florida has won as many basketball titles in the last decade as KU has won in school history.

That would have been correct prior to 2008.