ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

tredadda 06-21-2024 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17537005)
Coincidentally I just finished the main storyline of Ghost of Tsushima a few hours ago. Awesome game. Awesome, awesome.

Spoiler!

Just started playing the other day and I am really loving this game.

ToxSocks 06-21-2024 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17537005)
Coincidentally I just finished the main storyline of Ghost of Tsushima a few hours ago. Awesome game. Awesome, awesome.

Spoiler!

I havent played it since finishing Act 1. It's starting to feel reeeeeal repetitive so i figured id give it a break.

Go here, slay Mongols. Now, go here and slay more Mongols. Oh look, a Fox, lets follow it! Great, now lets go here to slay more Mongols, but WAIT, gotta slay some Mongols on the way there too!

ThaVirus 06-21-2024 04:54 PM

LMAO There are an absolute ****ton of Mongols in that game

I’m like 10 minutes into the DLC and it’s mostly more of the same so I’m giving it a break for now.

Been wanting to start up Horizon Forbidden West but have been spending a little time decompressing with Civ 6.

Sofa King 06-24-2024 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17559669)
LMAO There are an absolute ****ton of Mongols in that game

I’m like 10 minutes into the DLC and it’s mostly more of the same so I’m giving it a break for now.

Been wanting to start up Horizon Forbidden West but have been spending a little time decompressing with Civ 6.

To me it felt like the exact same game as Zero Dawn. First time on Zero Dawn I did all the quests. Second time I focused more on the main and it ended up ending the game much earlier than I anticipated. Didn't bother to go through and do all those other quests. I was OP well before the ending for the game.

tredadda 06-24-2024 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17561729)
To me it felt like the exact same game as Zero Dawn. First time on Zero Dawn I did all the quests. Second time I focused more on the main and it ended up ending the game much earlier than I anticipated. Didn't bother to go through and do all those other quests. I was OP well before the ending for the game.

That’s kinda how I saw Forbidden West. I loved Zero Dawn, but was struggling to get into FW for whatever reason. I never beat it, but might try and go back to it.

ThaVirus 06-24-2024 10:28 AM

I figured that was the sentiment based on the fact that I basically didn’t hear anything about it like a week after it was released. Nothing good, nothing bad - no dialogue at all. Usually means the game is just decent.

Imon Yourside 06-25-2024 01:09 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UdmgmufAd9Q" title="The First Descendant│Official Launch Date Reveal│Summer Game Fest 2024" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fishpicker 06-25-2024 06:44 AM

Question for all the Ghost of Tsushima PC players

do the cancel moves still work on the PC version? I really suck at the melee combat. I need a cheap force kill move. I dont have the patience for perfect parries/riposte nor perfect dodges

ToxSocks 06-25-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 17562853)
Question for all the Ghost of Tsushima PC players

do the cancel moves still work on the PC version? I really suck at the melee combat. I need a cheap force kill move. I dont have the patience for perfect parries/riposte nor perfect dodges

Are you stance dancing? The right stance against the right enemy will allow you to just spam your breaker move until they open up for an easy kill.

Also, i took the talent that allows you to rush an enemy with a knock back. Super useful.

And of course the talent that lets you kill 3 Mofo's during a standoff is super useful too.

tredadda 06-25-2024 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxSocks (Post 17563147)
Are you stance dancing? The right stance against the right enemy will allow you to just spam your breaker move until they open up for an easy kill.

Also, i took the talent that allows you to rush an enemy with a knock back. Super useful.

And of course the talent that lets you kill 3 Mofo's during a standoff is super useful too.

I love that talent. I do try to get it so I can have a standoff and include the Mongol leaders (non duel ones). Makes killing them much faster.

Fishpicker 06-25-2024 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxSocks (Post 17563147)

Yeah just unlocked water stance. I'm not far into the main missions at all. I got the new stance after winning the fight with Ryuzo allied. That should help.

Fishpicker 06-26-2024 07:42 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EwbaJpUc30o?si=omIl-k2b4OtY3S5g" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

from the video description

1. Charge the heavy attack obviously.
2. Rub circle to triangle in one sweep motion twice quickly.
3. Press circle again to cancel it.

Imon Yourside 06-27-2024 11:54 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s5QayuSyYYE" title="Awesome New Tower Defense Roguelike!! | Let&#39;s Try Emberward" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amazing Tower Defense game packed with content