ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ian Rap: “Berry is improving” (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317500)

ROYC75 09-19-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13746039)
Really, we need to figure out what we have going forward with Berry. Do we have a guy who is going to be healthy soon and back to what he once was? Or do we have a guy who's going to break down again this season and that we need to replace?

We have a guy that says heel play!

ToxSocks 09-19-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13745875)
It could have been another DL. Or another safety. Or anything else. Literally anything else would have provided more thus far.

dude, it just woulda been a guy who'd be inactive on game day. There's no point.

O.city 09-19-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13746058)
dude, it just woulda been a guy who'd be inactive on game day. There's no point.

And we'd be right where we are now with Berry.

You guys don't think another vet safety would have helped? One that could actually play.

SuperChief 09-19-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13745990)
Hasn't played any football since December of last year and hasn't gotten a sniff from any team since. Is he supposed to be closer to being ready to play and making a difference than Berry (supposedly) is?

His only hindrance would be playbook-related. Surely he's in shape because he's not hurt.

The Franchise 09-19-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13746061)
And we'd be right where we are now with Berry.

You guys don't think another vet safety would have helped? One that could actually play.

Who?

O.city 09-19-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13746079)
Who?

Go down the list of guys even still available.

ToxSocks 09-19-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13746083)
Go down the list of guys even still available.

If they wanted one of those guys they'd cut a bottom end player and sign him. They don't.

O.city 09-19-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13746096)
If they wanted one of those guys they'd cut a bottom end player and sign him. They don't.

Teams are never wrong?

I mean, they brought back Parker after cutting him. Had they known Berry would be out this long, don't you think they could have brought in someone else?

ToxSocks 09-19-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13746101)
Teams are never wrong?

I mean, they brought back Parker after cutting him. Had they known Berry would be out this long, don't you think they could have brought in someone else?

If they actually believed Berry would miss a significant amount of games i don't doubt that they would.

Clearly they don't believe he's going to miss enough games to be worth it.

He's only missed 2 games thus far. I expect he'll give us 12 (regular season).

O.city 09-19-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13746109)
If they actually believed Berry would miss a significant amount of games i don't doubt that they would.

Clearly they don't believe he's going to miss enough games to be worth it.

He's only missed 2 games thus far. I expect he'll give us 12 (regular season).

I'd say if he misses the rest of this weeks practice, you can rule out this week and the next. I figure they'll let him practice for a couple weeks before he's back.

It just sucks.

carcosa 09-19-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13744478)
Tomorrow we should have a grasp, I'd imagine - maybe later than tomorrow.

keep me posted, thank's

pugsnotdrugs19 09-19-2018 02:37 PM

People have to understand that the sense of urgency is no longer nearly as high to get Berry out there. This team wasn’t really supposed to get to 2-0 on paper. These wins have bought them time.

So whereas had they started 0-2 or 1-1 they may have felt the need to get him back ASAP, now they are coming up on a couple of easier games (on paper). Hopefully he can practice soon and they can just let him ease back in.

Eleazar 09-19-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13746065)
His only hindrance would be playbook-related. Surely he's in shape because he's not hurt.

I don't think it's a slam dunk that he's in NFL game shape. How could he be even close to ready without any training camp or a single practice under his belt since last December?

It looks, and has looked all offseason, like he won't be playing in the league again. Has he kept himself in peak condition on the off-chance that he might? Probably not. He was last seen suing the Bengals for asking him if he would protest if they signed him, IIRC. Doesn't sound like the actions of a guy who cares about what an owner thinks and expects a team to sign him.

Sassy Squatch 09-19-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13746202)
People have to understand that the sense of urgency is no longer nearly as high to get Berry out there. This team wasn’t really supposed to get to 2-0 on paper. These wins have bought them time.

So whereas had they started 0-2 or 1-1 they may have felt the need to get him back ASAP, now they are coming up on a couple of easier games (on paper). Hopefully he can practice soon and they can just let him ease back in.

That shouldn't make a damn bit of difference. He needs to be out practicing the second he is physically able to. He is paid way too ****ing much to not be playing if he can with the absolutely terrible state this defense is in.

Manila-Chief 09-19-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13746096)

Yep! Berry is not preventing them from signing one of those guys ... if there were to be such a guy out there??? Apparently there is not???