ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

Sofa King 05-25-2024 05:01 PM

Just bought the full Witcher 3 package and started it. Also picked up Oddworld Soulstorm. Both should be fun.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-25-2024 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17525121)
I can finally get excited about video game football again

Maximum football sounds like a disaster

tredadda 05-26-2024 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17530858)
Just bought the full Witcher 3 package and started it. Also picked up Oddworld Soulstorm. Both should be fun.

Be prepared for a very long game. In my humble opinion that is one of the best games ever made and the DLCs are also top notch.

Fish 05-26-2024 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17530858)

Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever. Great story. I'd recommend looking up "essential side quests" because there are a billion different side quests, but some of them you really don't want to miss.

There's also tons of great mods for the game. If any part of the gameplay bothers you, there's likely already a fix for it.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-26-2024 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17531547)
Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever. Great story. I'd recommend looking up "essential side quests" because there are a billion different side quests, but some of them you really don't want to miss.

There's also tons of great mods for the game. If any part of the gameplay bothers you, there's likely already a fix for it.

Bloody Baron

Jerm 05-29-2024 10:23 AM

College Football previews and info dumps are happening this morning and HOLY SHIT I cannot for July to get here now...so pumped for this.

CoMoChief 05-29-2024 12:35 PM

prob gonna have to get back into gaming again and will buy a ps5 once NCAAF comes out.

WhawhaWhat 05-30-2024 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17533778)
College Football previews and info dumps are happening this morning and HOLY SHIT I cannot for July to get here now...so pumped for this.

I want to see how the franchise mode works. I loved all the recruiting stuff in the old games and I hope they kept that as good as it was. I have no interest at all in the Ultimate team stuff or online play but I know they make money on that so I can see how it might take over.

Jerm 05-31-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17535979)
I want to see how the franchise mode works. I loved all the recruiting stuff in the old games and I hope they kept that as good as it was. I have no interest at all in the Ultimate team stuff or online play but I know they make money on that so I can see how it might take over.

The big emphasis is on Dynasty and there's plenty of info in it in all the previews...sounds great.

Hammock Parties 05-31-2024 09:36 AM

Finished Wolfenstein 2009...disappointing ending, but fun game with a neat story. Going to tackle the newer Wolfensteins later this year.

Switching gears to a calmer genre...Sunless Sea is a ripping good yarn with fun combat mechanics and a lot of laughs.

Fish 05-31-2024 12:30 PM

https://i.imgur.com/KA7kVT8.jpeg

ThaVirus 05-31-2024 01:25 PM

Coincidentally I just finished the main storyline of Ghost of Tsushima a few hours ago. Awesome game. Awesome, awesome.

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 05-31-2024 01:33 PM

Also, I’ll probably remember some of those duels as the most beautiful gaming moments ever.

The one for the Tadayori Mythic Tale in the purple flowers, the Duel of Crashing Waves and Duel Under Autumn Leaves were lit.

WhawhaWhat 05-31-2024 02:29 PM

The end of that game is so good.

Bump 05-31-2024 06:00 PM

am I becoming that old man that "likes what he likes"

I haven't been able to really sink my teeth into any recent game. I've tried on some occasions but just didn't really want to finish them or played a little and lost interest.

For example, the 3 games that I go back and forth with and pretty much the only games I play these days are Path of Exile, Smite and Ark Survival with some madden every other year.

I tried helldivers, thought it was cool but got to like level 20 and never played it again. Last year I played some Boulders Gate and thought that was cool but wasn't really that into it. Tried to get into diablo 4 and hated it.

Now the only games I really look forward to is Smite 2 and Path of Exile 2 lol.