ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

Gravedigger 01-28-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 14755876)
If you are not trying to troll then why is your username what it is?

It's not really trolling, it's inadequacy. 49ers fans know we have the better team, they lucked into this spot in spite of their Quarterback being who he is, and were fortunate to draw the matchups that they had. We whooped their ass last year, they'd like to say they were 4 - 12 that year and that they've totally changed. Only problem with that is the only pieces they've added are Nick Bosa and Kwon Alexander, everything else on their team is essentially the same, from Shannahan, to Saleh, to Sherman, to Garropolo, it was 35 - 10 at half in that game. Neutral field will take away from that a bit, along with a turnover or two in the game, but the fact is that the Chiefs are the better team, regardless of the narrative the media tries to build. Andy knows it, he's talked about the aggressive nature of their defense a time or two and he'll exploit that. He'll let them run around, overpursue, and get tired late in the game, so that if the Chiefs are down for whatever reason, that he can hurry up the offense and let Patrick bring us back. Chiefs have the advantages, 49ers are the ones that have to find a way to win the game. Kudos to them if they do, but we're on the better side of this matchup.

TomahawkChump 01-28-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14755862)
Scored fewer points. Gave up more points. Less efficient on offense. More porous on defense. You want 'empirical proof' feel free to Google it.

Ultimately the Chiefs scored 46 more points than the Seahawks and surrendered 90 fewer than that quaint little facsimile out west. But hey, what's a 136 point swing in scoring differential among friends? We'll just explain away more than a touchdown difference per game by saying SoS and ignoring contextualized stats like DVOA, etc that ALSO show the Chiefs being a superior squad in every single way even when accounting for schedule strength.

I mean I thought I was being generous by giving them the positional breakdowns because it at least allowed me to kick LBer their way.

You're still comparing the two teams. Reading comprehension is hard.

Gravedigger 01-28-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomahawkChump (Post 14755861)
What a world we live in. Everyone has access to a keyboard. Look, I can play this game. If the 49ers didn't sweep the Rams they'd been 11-5 and likely the third NFC West team in the playoffs.

Big difference between the Rams with Jared Goff and the Seahawks with Russell Wilson, I would think any 49ers fan, no matter how inept, would see the difference.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-28-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14755869)
So here’s a question since they are in Miami. How big of a distraction will the club scene be for each team? How much control do the coaches have in the evenings?

Idk how far the 9ers are from Miami, but the Chiefs are 30 minutes north I heard.

I think the leaders on both teams will surely have that stuff lined out. But at the same time, I don’t think you want your players to be too uptight. There’s a fine line between enjoying the week and doing stupid shit.

smithandrew051 01-28-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomahawkChump (Post 14755891)
This is one of the key areas I'm looking for the Chiefs to attack. The 49ers haven't given many big plays up, but are vulnerable down the seam during their base Cover 3. I also think they are going to be testing Sherman deep early to get him to bail hard and start hitting digs or in breaking routes regularly.

Outside of that it's not letting Mahomes extend plays by getting outside of the pocket. Just important as an up-field speed rush is for the 49ers they'll need to slow it down and collapse the pocket. Easier said than done. On the back-end they'll need to do a good job disguising and mixing up coverages. Mahomes hasn't shown many weaknesses but he has been fooled a few times in throwing timing routes based on coverage he sees presnap that turn out to be wrong.

If you’re banking on Mahomes getting fooled, then prepare to get lit up.

Mahomes only has 5 picks on the season. And only like 2 are him getting fooled.

The pick against Houston was off of a terrible job by the ref. They threw a flag for defensive holding, Mahomes saw the flag, and went for a deep shot that got picked. They then picked up the flag and the pick stood. Not really his fault.

On the pick against Denver, he just tried to do too much. The play had broken down and he tried to squeeze the ball in between 3 defenders. Just a little too aggressive.

On the pick against LAC in week 17, Tyreek Hill ran the wrong route. Again, not his fault.

Maybe the other two picks were “Mahomes being fooled”, but still that’s only 2 throughout the course of 13 games.

Tonka83 01-28-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14755892)

I laughed way too hard at this. LOL

TomahawkChump 01-28-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14755910)
Big difference between the Rams with Jared Goff and the Seahawks with Russell Wilson, I would think any 49ers fan, no matter how inept, would see the difference.

??? That was a response to someone saying, "if the broncos hadn't been swept by the Chiefs they'd be a 9 win team"

smithandrew051 01-28-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14755912)
Idk how far the 9ers are from Miami, but the Chiefs are 30 minutes north I heard.

I think the leaders on both teams will surely have that stuff lined out. But at the same time, I don’t think you want your players to be too uptight. There’s a fine line between enjoying the week and doing stupid shit.

Any partying they could do this week is nothing compared to what they could do all offseason as champs. Hopefully they keep that in mind. Leave with a win then live it up.

TomahawkChump 01-28-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14755913)
If you’re banking on Mahomes getting fooled, then prepare to get lit up.

Mahomes only has 5 picks on the season. And only like 2 are him getting fooled.

The pick against Houston was off of a terrible job by the ref. They threw a flag for defensive holding, Mahomes saw the flag, and went for a deep shot that got picked. They then picked up the flag and the pick stood. Not really his fault.

On the pick against Denver, he just tried to do too much. The play had broken down and he tried to squeeze the ball in between 3 defenders. Just a little too aggressive.

On the pick against LAC in week 17, Tyreek Hill ran the wrong route. Again, not his fault.

Maybe the other two picks were “Mahomes being fooled”, but still that’s only 2 throughout the course of 13 games.

Did I say it was easy? Did I say each time he's fooled it results in an INT? I've got a jump to conclusions mat to sell you.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-28-2020 09:48 AM

From a show this morning, Chris Simms said that Titans DC Dean Pees told his dad before last week’s game, “we’re not going to blitz him [Mahomes].”

Phil Simms asks why. Pees says, “cause he can’t be rattled. We’ve seen 2 years worth of tape and there is no way to rattle him.”

That speaks volumes about how defenses see him and the Chiefs in general.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14755895)
Not to mention... the Seahawks had one score wins against a bunch of bad teams (Browns, Cardinals, Bengals, Panthers- average win % .281) and also had one score wins against Pittsburgh, Tampa, and a Matt Schaub-QBed Falcons team.

The Seahawks HAD a dominant run. They WERE a dominant team. NOW they have a very thin roster propped up by Russell Wilson's greatness.

Wait...Matt Schaub is still alive?

{checks}

JESUS CHRIST! THE SEAHAWKS GAVE UP 460 YARDS PASSING TO MATT SCHAUB!?!?!?

Oh for ****'s sake - can we just end this conversation already? The Seahawks are barely more than 'above average' and we have this ****ing twerp in here feigning objectivity over the 'hated seahawks' so he can give his Giners another handjob?

Remember folks - any argument you make that doesn't actively support your position ends up hurting it. Trying to argue with a straight face that the 49ers faced a stiff test from a 'dominant' Seahawks team just destroys any credibility one would hope to maintain.

But yeah - real nice job pulling out the win against a squad that damn near lost to an Eagles team that was playing a 40 year old high school coach on a torn hamstring at QB and was missing its top 3 WRs, 2 starting OL, its best DB and a couple of starting DL.

Real murderers row the Niners tore through to get here in their own right.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomahawkChump (Post 14755899)
You're still comparing the two teams. Reading comprehension is hard.

Evidently the transitive property is as well.

If the Seahawks are 'dominant' - what are the Chiefs, sport?

You figure out where we're going with this one yet? Pretty elementary stuff.

O.city 01-28-2020 09:50 AM

It's like it was with Brady and Manning and such. You blitz, if you don't get there, he's gonna kill you. He's mobile enough that he's likely to be able to move enough to negate the blitz anyway.

So the best way is just like it's always been with any legit QB. Get there with 4 and drop 7.

TomahawkChump 01-28-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14755923)
Wait...Matt Schaub is still alive?

{checks}

JESUS CHRIST! THE SEAHAWKS GAVE UP 460 YARDS PASSING TO MATT SCHAUB!?!?!?

Oh for ****'s sake - can we just end this conversation already? The Seahawks are barely more than 'above average' and we have this ****ing twerp in here feigning objectivity over the 'hated seahawks' so he can give his Giners another handjob?

Remember folks - any argument you make that doesn't actively support your position ends up hurting it. Trying to argue with a straight face that the 49ers faced a stiff test from a 'dominant' Seahawks team just destroys any credibility one would hope to maintain.

But yeah - real nice job pulling out the win against a squad that damn near lost to an Eagles team that was playing a 40 year old high school coach on a torn hamstring at QB and was missing its top 3 WRs, 2 starting OL, its best DB and a couple of starting DL.

Real murderers row the Niners tore through to get here in their own right.

You're a sensitive little guy

TomahawkChump 01-28-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14755925)
Evidently the transitive property is as well.

If the Seahawks are 'dominant' - what are the Chiefs, sport?

You figure out where we're going with this one yet? Pretty elementary stuff.

The Chiefs have been dominant this year.

If you're implying only one team can be dominant, sure, you'd have a coherent point.

Edited:

The fact that you honed in on, and got caught up on, one simple term to imply a good season by an 11 win playoff team with the second best QB in the league, shows your lack of awareness.