ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201588)

The Franchise 02-03-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5454573)
As many as Sanchez and Stafford put together.

:spock:

chiefzilla1501 02-03-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5454028)
I'm really tired of people saying that Cassel performed almost the same as Brady, and compare his season to Brady's first. Brady wasn't throwing to Randy Moss, and Wes Welker his first season. You cannot compare the two. With the same cast Brady threw 50 fuqin TDs. The production is nowhere near the same. Take Moss, and Welker away from Cassel, and he does shit IMO.

Anyone who says Cassell performed the same as Brady is a moron. To me, the double standard is that Matt Ryan has become the poster child for taking a QB in the top 3, and yet he benefited about as much from his supporting cast as Cassell did. Why do people insist that Cassell only won games because of his supporting cast, but Ryan won games because he was a top 3 pick? In my opinion, you take away that running game in Atlanta, and Ryan would have had an average rookie season.

That's the part that bothers me. I think people are 100 times more critical of Cassell not because of what he brings to the table, but because of where he was picked. I guarantee that if Cassell were a top 15 pick with that same exact season, this entire board would be screaming up and down about how the Chiefs need to trade for him.

Frankie 02-03-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc (Post 5454591)
Really? How many times did you watch Ryan Leaf in college and what made you think he didn't have leadership skills?

:rolleyes:
Do I have to answer every stupid question? I'll answer this one and THAT'S IT!

I did not watch Leaf in college. But I saw enough of him in the pros to form an opinion sufficient for using him as a measure.

Frankie 02-03-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5454600)
You listed poise and decision making.

Leadership is completely different.

Sometimes average players can be high-quality leaders on a team. It's not always the superstar that assumes this responsibility.

If you say so. :rolleyes:

The Franchise 02-03-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 5454614)
Anyone who says Cassell performed the same as Brady is a moron. To me, the double standard is that Matt Ryan has become the poster child for taking a QB in the top 3, and yet he benefited about as much from his supporting cast as Cassell did. Why do people insist that Cassell only won games because of his supporting cast, but Ryan won games because he was a top 3 pick? In my opinion, you take away that running game in Atlanta, and Ryan would have had an average rookie season.

That's the part that bothers me. I think people are 100 times more critical of Cassell not because of what he brings to the table, but because of where he was picked. I guarantee that if Cassell were a top 15 pick with that same exact season, this entire board would be screaming up and down about how the Chiefs need to trade for him.

What? If he was a top 15 pick and he only threw 20 TDs to Moss and Welker.....I wouldn't be wanting to trade for him.

DaKCMan AP 02-03-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Cassel is older and has less upside (not as physically gifted as Ryan). While Ryan did benefit from a good running game, as a team the Falcons rushed for less than 200 yards more on the season than the Patriots.

However, Randy Moss and Wes Welker are much better receivers than Roddy White and Michael Jenkins. Cassel also gets the advantage that he walked into a situation where he had already been with the team and in the system for 3 years whereas everything was new for both Matt Ryan and Michael Turner.

Frosty 02-03-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5454630)
:rolleyes:
Do I have to answer every stupid question? I'll answer this one and THAT'S IT!

I did not watch Leaf in college. But I saw enough of him in the pros to form an opinion sufficient for using him as a measure.

Okay, so you were just using him as a generic first round failure at QB and not any real specifics? Got it.

chiefzilla1501 02-03-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5454634)
What? If he was a top 15 pick and he only threw 20 TDs to Moss and Welker.....I wouldn't be wanting to trade for him.

If Cassell had any better a season, he would have been in the pro bowl. Don't you think that's a ridiculous standard that a guy is complete garbage if he's not a pro bowler in his "rookie" season?

No matter who his receivers are, when people expect you to throw for over 20 TDs, over 4,000 yards, and win more than 11 games in your first 16 games as a starter, then you know the expectations are ridiculous.

Cassell had a very solid season. I don't know if he can continue that success. I don't know about his upside. But it's amazing that people expect a pro bowl season from a guy who hasn't started a game since high school until 2008.

DeezNutz 02-03-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5454633)
If you say so. :rolleyes:

ROFL

If I say so? You listed leadership, poise, and decision making. Three characteristics.

When pressed, you collapsed the categories.

chiefscafan 02-03-2009 05:08 PM

only if it is for our early second.

beach tribe 02-03-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

I disagree. Ryan made plays that few QBs in the league can make, and if he had Moss, and Welker to throw to, he would probably be the MVP of the league this season IMO.

beach tribe 02-03-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 5454677)
If Cassell had any better a season, he would have been in the pro bowl. Don't you think that's a ridiculous standard that a guy is complete garbage if he's not a pro bowler in his "rookie" season?

No matter who his receivers are, when people expect you to throw for over 20 TDs, over 4,000 yards, and win more than 11 games in your first 16 games as a starter, then you know the expectations are ridiculous.

Cassell had a very solid season. I don't know if he can continue that success. I don't know about his upside. But it's amazing that people expect a pro bowl season from a guy who hasn't started a game since high school until 2008.

No one said he was garbage. He played well, but I don't think he does half as good if it was his rookie season, and he was throwing to White, and Jenkins. Like someone else said he's been with the Patriots, and practicing with them for three years, and he did not make the kind of plays Ryan did.

Mecca 02-03-2009 06:11 PM

When ComoChief and Frankie are on the same side of an argument it's obvious that if you have any sort of brain function you'll be taking the other one...

splatbass 02-03-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 5453800)
Exactly our point, what your saying is an OPINION. What we are saying is actually how shit in the NFL works.

No, yours is just an opinion too. Even the personnel people in the NFL don't agree on things. It is all just opinion.

If you are so arrogant that you think your opinion is not opinion but fact then there is no point talking to you.

ChiefsCountry 02-03-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5455218)
When ComoChief and Frankie are on the same side of an argument it's obvious that if you have any sort of brain function you'll be taking the other one...

ROFL