ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Andrew Luck Retires (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324643)

BossChief 08-25-2019 12:00 AM

Guys the NFL needs to have succeed...at least 2/3 of them...

Mahomes
Mayfield
Murray
Haskins
Jackson
Darnold
Allen
Watson
Trubiski
Goff
Mariota
Prescott
Wentz
Garapolo
Carr
Foles

BossChief 08-25-2019 12:02 AM

Sure would be nice if they would trade Quinten Nelson...but not after just drafting him.

They obviously just went into full rebuild mode, right?

Rasputin 08-25-2019 12:07 AM

The Colts are shit without Luck on their side.

Nickhead 08-25-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14408425)
The Colts are shit out of Luck, on their side.

FYP :D

kysirsoze 08-25-2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14408420)
There is no "courage" in Andrew Luck passing up future salaries he might earn by stringing this out.

His net worth is over $100 million and who knows how much daddy has.

He decided to make easy street easier.

That's all this is.

I just don't believe the Colts owner, HC and GM would come together to wish Andrew well and send him off at his presser if he was screwing over the org. I think he was day to day and at risk of missing the season with surgery and rehab and he just said "**** it I'm out." He saves them money in the meantime and is no less productive. His body has just been too beaten up. That's it.

tk13 08-25-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14408423)
Sure would be nice if they would trade Quinten Nelson...but not after just drafting him.

They obviously just went into full rebuild mode, right?

Why would they? Ballard has done a great job with the draft and they have a ton of cap space. They have good young players all over the field and one of the youngest rosters in the league. How do you "rebuild" from that? Trade them for other young players?

Frazod 08-25-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14408430)
I just don't believe the Colts owner, HC and GM would come together to wish Andrew well and send him off at his presser if he was screwing over the org. I think he was day to day and at risk of missing the season with surgery and rehab and he just said "**** it I'm out." He saves them money in the meantime and is no less productive. His body has just been too beaten up. That's it.

What are they supposed to say? The ****er blind-sided us and we're screwed? They've got to put a happy face on it. Or at least try to.

WhiteWhale 08-25-2019 12:20 AM

I watched the colts literally INTENTIONALLY TANK A SEASON for the #1 pick. It's the only season I sincerely believe I saw ownership and front office intentionally sabotage their coaches and players to make them fail.

**** them. The colts deserve this. Their fans may not, but yanno, **** them anyway.

kysirsoze 08-25-2019 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14408434)
What are they supposed to say? The ****er blind-sided us and we're screwed? They've got to put a happy face on it. Or at least try to.

Do they? Why? Do they have to even have a retirement press conference? I mean what does that get them? The public is poised to roast Luck as a quitter. You think Jim Irsay cares about public perception anyway?

-King- 08-25-2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14408395)
We all would have preferred had Berry done this last preseason, right?

No but it is what it is. Both players had their bodies quit on them and I'm not going to blame either for what they did. No matter what, they're villains to a segment of their fanbases and I feel for them for that.

Frazod 08-25-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14408446)
Do they? Why? Do they have to even have a retirement press conference? I mean what does that get them? The public is poised to roast Luck as a quitter. You think Jim Irsay cares about public perception anyway?

When those people are buying tickets and merchandise? Yeah.

Best22 08-25-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14408413)
The league has to be very worried about the future of the product.

Luck was one of its brightest stars. One of the faces of football.

They need as many “Andrew Lucks” as they can get because of the age of so many star quarterbacks...

Manning
Rivers
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Rothlisberger

Even guys like Matt Ryan are getting up there in age...Russ and Stafford aren’t far behind.

The NFL needs an influx of talent at the QB position, but so many of the arm talents go to other sports nowadays.

Mahomes
Watson
Mayfield
Wentz
Murray

NFL Quarterbacking is in good hands. Two of those guys were baseball players who picked football. Indeed, THE arm talent chose football and was drafted by KC

Bigmod 08-25-2019 12:45 AM

Good for us.

Imon Yourside 08-25-2019 01:52 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O94Vmi0nwDk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 08-25-2019 02:09 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PehTdoAzREo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Full Press Conference