ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2018 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314771)

MVChiefFan 08-14-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 13674176)
Wasnt that "lofton"???

Yeah, that confused the crap out of me. That has to be who he was talking about.

duncan_idaho 08-14-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 13674142)
I'm hoping for Grifol or Raul Ibañez.

I’m with you on Ibanez. **** no to the **** no to Grifol.

He was TERRIBLE as the hitting coach, and he has been completely ineffective as the catching instructor.

He’s been in that role since 2014, and Royals catchers - specifically Perez - are very bad at framing (which should be the primary focus of the catching instructor).

My guys inside the team HATE Grifol. He’s a blame-placer and a back-stabber.

Ibanez, on the other, is a future star IMO. He’s smart, he’s a motivator, he can reach both stars and scrubs due to his history as a player (good enough that anyone should listen, enough troubles getting to MLB to relate to bench guys).

Sure-Oz 08-14-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13674366)

He was TERRIBLE as the hitting coach, and he has been completely ineffective as the catching instructor.

He’s been in that role since 2014, and Royals catchers - specifically Perez - are very bad at framing (which should be the primary focus of the catching instructor).

Ibanez, on the other, is a future star IMO. He’s smart, he’s a motivator, he can reach both stars and scrubs due to his history as a player (good enough that anyone should listen, enough troubles getting to MLB to relate to bench guys).

I'm all about Ibanez. Hope they go that route. Do we know if Ned's coming back?

Discuss Thrower 08-14-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13674366)

Okay, so what do we need to do to put the kibosh on Matheny?

BWillie 08-14-2018 03:27 PM

Put me down for Ibanez, as well.

Chiefspants 08-14-2018 03:52 PM

I never thought anything would get me on the Jason Kendall train - but Metheny might do just that. Barf.

Al Bundy 08-14-2018 05:02 PM

It should be Ibanez.

KChiefs1 08-14-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 13674142)
I'm hoping for Grifol or Raul Ibañez.

Ibañez please.

KChiefs1 08-14-2018 05:24 PM

Any chance Clint Hurdle would come back to KC?

DanT 08-14-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13674385)
I'm all about Ibanez. Hope they go that route. Do we know if Ned's coming back?

Me, too. I've been a big fan of his ever since we acquired him as a 28 year-old from the M's, with his manager there, Lou Piniella, saying he would be good for us as long as he got at bats and some baseball-analytics types condemning him even before he got his chance with us. He went from an OPS of .630 in 156 plate appearances with the M's in 2000 to an OPS of .847 in twice the number of plate appearances with the Royals in 2001 and followed that up with OPS's of .873 and .799 with the Royals in 2002 and 2003, respectively. When he came back to the Royals in 2014, he gave an amazing speech to the players convincing them that they were on the cusp of greatness. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ouse/15314435/

Bufkin 08-14-2018 06:21 PM

I’m confused why there’s a discussion on the Royals next manager. There’s absolutely zero evidence that Ned won’t be back for 2019.

Sassy Squatch 08-14-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 13674692)
I’m confused why there’s a discussion on the Royals next manager. There’s absolutely zero evidence that Ned won’t be back for 2019.

This is the last year of his deal and we are an all time horrible team.

GloryDayz 08-14-2018 06:56 PM

Well those first two were very well struck .

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-14-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13673804)
Everything you typed here is unsupported if not false.

Well, this may all be true, I don't follow the Cards on any daily basis . The easier explanation tho is that the Cubs simply have way better talent and have for the past 4 seasons and will again for a couple more. And Tavares died. I prefer the simpler arguments

It is absolutely, incontrovertibly true. He ****ed around with Taveras so much that Mozeliak had to trade Allen Craig just to get him to play him. He ruined the arms and careers of Kevin Siegrist, Seth Maness, and Trevor Rosenthal. He played favorites, preferring shitty veterans that attended his Bible study group over superior, younger options.

The 2011 system had these guys in it

Matt Adams
Matt Carpenter
Allen Craig
Lance Lynn
Shelby Miller
Trevor Rosenthal
Kevin Siegrist
Carlos Martinez
Tommy Pham
Oscar Taveras

Then add Freese, Jaime Garcia, Wainwright, Yadi, Matt Holliday, and Beltran on it.

He had a team filled with elite veteran talent and about 110 fWAR just in those guys I listed above that weren't even regular players yet.

He was absolutely handed a Lambo.

Pitt Gorilla 08-14-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13674842)
It is absolutely, incontrovertibly true. He ****ed around with Taveras so much that Mozeliak had to trade Allen Craig just to get him to play him. He ruined the arms and careers of Kevin Siegrist, Seth Maness, and Trevor Rosenthal. He played favorites, preferring shitty veterans that attended his Bible study group over superior, younger options.

The 2011 system had these guys in it

Matt Adams
Matt Carpenter
Allen Craig
Lance Lynn
Shelby Miller
Trevor Rosenthal
Kevin Siegrist
Carlos Martinez
Tommy Pham
Oscar Taveras

Then add Freese, Jaime Garcia, Wainwright, Yadi, Matt Holliday, and Beltran on it.

He had a team filled with elite veteran talent and about 110 fWAR just in those guys I listed above that weren't even regular players yet.

He was absolutely handed a Lambo.

Why did the people in charge of building/acquiring the Lambo hand it to Matheny?