ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   RIP Saccopoo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299920)

philfree 03-07-2017 12:22 AM

Didn't really know Saccopoo but may he rest in peace.

Buried my Dad today. 1929 to 2017 Korean War Vet and then a self made millionaire. I knew we were having the military send off and that they would fold his flag. I figured my older brother would receive the flag and I'm good with that. What I didn't expect was to be presented his uniform. What an honor. I found a five hour pass in the pocket of the Jacket from 1952 which was when he was being discharged. Pretty awesome. Can only imagine what he did for those five hours.

I asked my dad one day that if the reason he was the tank commander was because he enlisted instead of being drafted. He said "no it was the process of elimination." I think he was third down the line of command.

RIP Dad

Dartgod 03-07-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 12771837)

Buried my Dad today. 1929 to 2017 Korean War Vet and then a self made millionaire. I knew we were having the military send off and that they would fold his flag. I figured my older brother would receive the flag and I'm good with that. What I didn't expect was to be presented his uniform. What an honor. I found a five hour pass in the pocket of the Jacket from 1952 which was when he was being discharged. Pretty awesome. Can only imagine what he did for those five hours.

I asked my dad one day that if the reason he was the tank commander was because he enlisted instead of being drafted. He said "no it was the process of elimination." I think he was third down the line of command.

RIP Dad

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and thanks to your dad for his service.

Eleazar 03-07-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

RIP Dad

Sorry to hear that. Many thanks to your father for his service. It sounds like he served with distinction.

Whosurdaddy 03-07-2017 09:12 AM

RIP, I've definately lurked here way more than I've posted over the years, but I was sad to hear this.

I'm a support rep for neurosurgeons and patients that go through these types of things. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's incredibly hard on people and their families.

I hope he's found peace, and I hope his family does as well.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-07-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

RIP Dad

Wow, Condolences Phil. My dad is also a Korean War vet . Born in 1927. He will be 90 in September. It is sad. Knowing I will be going to his funeral before long.

Buehler445 03-07-2017 01:54 PM

Sorry to hear that Phil.

RippedmyFlesh 03-07-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 12765673)
No idea who he was. But he must have been a great guy as so many of you are hurt by his passing.
For that I'm truly sorry.
RIP

He would write great posts with pics and vids in the draft forum.
You may not have always agreed with his picks but they were well
thought out and very thorough scouting reports on the players he liked for us.
And every year he had one of his boys from Utah going to the chiefs.
RIP Sacc

patteeu 03-07-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 12772568)
He would write great posts with pics and vids in the draft forum.
You may not have always agreed with his picks but they were well
thought out and very thorough scouting reports on the players he liked for us.
And every year he had one of his boys from Utah going to the chiefs.
RIP Sacc

Was he a fan of Alex Smith since he played at Utah?

RippedmyFlesh 03-07-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 12772569)
Was he a fan of Alex Smith since he played at Utah?

He had Kizer as his 1st pick in his last mock.

OldSchool 03-09-2017 06:36 PM

Damn, I knew he had cancer but didn't know that he had passed. RIP Sac.

Braincase 03-10-2017 10:55 AM

RIP

chagrin 01-12-2020 03:19 PM

Very late, RIP Saccopoo, cancer sucks

Easy 6 01-12-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin (Post 14716205)
Very late, RIP Saccopoo, cancer sucks

WWWHHHOOOAAAAAA

Welcome back, chagrin

scho63 01-12-2020 06:19 PM

This bump creeps me out

The Franchise 01-12-2020 06:26 PM

This one is for you Sac.