ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gasoline at $4 Coming to a Pump Near You, Unfazed by Rising Tab (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161736)

FAX 07-17-2007 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
The reason gasoline is quite high in Kansas now is because of the information contained in post #336.

The variation state-by-state is mostly state taxation.

Thanks Mr. Donger. You're a fount of information.

I assumed that the flood/refinery problem in KS was a contributing factor. But, we're talking about a difference of almost 50 cents per gallon. I have to believe there is some bullcrap associated with that.

FAX

Donger 07-17-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Thanks Mr. Donger. You're a fount of information.

I assumed that the flood/refinery problem in KS was a contributing factor. But, we're talking about a difference of almost 50 cents per gallon. I have to believe there is some bullcrap associated with that.

FAX

You mean $0.30? That's not unusual.

FAX 07-17-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

You mean $0.30? That's not unusual.

I misspoke in my first post. My apologies, Mr. Donger The Precise. I was working on the Long Hauler's School of Art project and got distracted. The price of gas here in Nashville when we filled up was $2.87. The price of gas in KS was, as I said, $3.26/7 in some places. So, let me see ... 3.27 minus 2.87 ... carry the 1 ... okay ... .40 was the difference, you're right.

But, given the refinery issue in KS, that still seems like a lot, don't you think?

FAX

jAZ 07-17-2007 08:45 AM

Heh, I read that Tucson has the lowest priced gasoline in the nation at something like $2.83/gallon.

I am on E right now, so the next place I go is the gas station, so we'll see for sure.

HonestChieffan 07-17-2007 08:45 AM

We are responsible for the oil prices because we create the demand. Americans will never learn till we have european prices and higher taxes on gas guzzlers.

Donger 07-17-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I misspoke in my first post. My apologies, Mr. Donger The Precise. I was working on the Long Hauler's School of Art project and got distracted. The price of gas here in Nashville when we filled up was $2.87. The price of gas in KS was, as I said, $3.26/7 in some places. So, let me see ... 3.27 minus 2.87 ... carry the 1 ... okay ... .40 was the difference, you're right.

But, given the refinery issue in KS, that still seems like a lot, don't you think?

FAX

No, it isn't. That Coffeyville refinery is one of the primary suppliers of gasoline in Kansas, IIRC. I'm actually surprised it isn't higher.

Deberg_1990 07-17-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan
We are responsible for the oil prices because we create the demand. Americans will never learn till we have european prices and higher taxes on gas guzzlers.

Agreed. Americans have an obession with things that go fast and guzzle gasoline. It will probably never change.....

Donger 07-17-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan

For the record, gasoline demand in the US remains strong. Right around 9.5 million barrels per day.

FAX 07-17-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

No, it isn't. That Coffeyville refinery is one of the primary suppliers of gasoline in Kansas, IIRC. I'm actually surprised it isn't higher.

So, just to be clear. The reason the gas is more expensive in KS is that the refinery got hosed so they have to bring gas in from other places. But 20 minutes away on the Missouri side, it's 20 cents cheaper?

FAX

Redrum_69 07-17-2007 09:02 AM

For years, California has been paying more at the pump, compared to everywhere else in the US.

Now the midwest is higher than any other state's gas.

Redrum_69 07-17-2007 09:04 AM

Do you think that after Armageddon is over...there will still be cars...with unlimited fossil fuels..

or

Will God make a decree that vehicles are no longer neeeded since everyone will have wings.

No money will be needed.

Everything will be available to everyone since we are equal

Abba-Dabba 07-17-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
So, just to be clear. The reason the gas is more expensive in KS is that the refinery got hosed so they have to bring gas in from other places. But 20 minutes away on the Missouri side, it's 20 cents cheaper?

FAX

Not only that, but, don't they produce heating oil in the summer months and gasoline in winter months?

So if they were producing heating oil, why is the price of fuel, that has already been refined, now costing us more when it didn't cost them more?

Donger 07-17-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX

Yes. Kansas gas tax is $0.07 higher than Missouri. Add in the refinery being underwater...

boogblaster 07-17-2007 09:48 AM

If elected, I'll bring back free-love..nickel-beer..and $1.00 a gallon gas...Your vote will be appreciated....

Bowser 07-17-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster
If elected, I'll bring back free-love..nickel-beer..and $1.00 a gallon gas...Your vote will be appreciated....

Welcome to the White House, Mr. President.