ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

Skyy God 01-27-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14753503)
I think the thing people aren't talking enough about is the Chiefs defense.

I fully expect them to play great.

I think Clark may be a dark horse SB MVP candidate.

Jimmy Game Manager had 18 turnovers this year.

I can see Clark getting a strip sack and HB intercepting one.

rabblerouser 01-27-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14753609)
The problem with your comparison...Mahomes is not Mayfield, Goff, or Cousins.

**** it, they'll find out the hard way.

This way, it's more crushing. Not like these San Francisco fairies are going to come on here after we hand the Forty-Giners asses to them and go "damn, you guys were right."

**** 'em.

DJ's left nut 01-27-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14753609)
The problem with your comparison...Mahomes is not Mayfield, Goff, or Cousins.

And only one guy in that entire group of players is better than our 2nd best option. Many of them wouldn't qualify as our 3rd best and our 4th is more explosive than the entire damn lot.

Congrats, you've identified Michael Thomas and a group of dudes who would be, at BEST, The #3 option in our offense.

But this idiot is like "meh, Jarvis Landry is just as good..."

Moron.

DJ's left nut 01-27-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14753641)
I think this one will be an all out offensive war. The coaching is just too good. I really feel like this will be a game somewhat similar to the Rams/Chiefs last year except the point total will likely be closer to 75 to 80 combined points instead of 100.

It’s just gonna come down to which defense did their homework more and can figure out the tendencies of the opposing offense to get enough stops.

I’m thinking 37 is the number

So is Spags a wild-card here?

My feeling on Spagnolo was made pretty clear. I was ultimately convinced on the hire by the quality of assistants we were able to get to hitch their wagon to him (smart follows smart), but ultimately felt like his reputation was overblown.

But he's come up with unique gameplans twice already in the post-season and in the process has really made things difficult for the opposition. And those two squads couldn't be much more different on offense. Spags had something for 'em both.

It's possible that there's something to what he was able to do to NE in the SB that year. We saw a 'light' version of it the last 2 weeks. So does he have another ace up his sleeve? Is he really a guy who can individually gameplan for opponents?

Because man - if he's capable of doing even 80% of the individualized attacks that Reid can do, that's a potentially huge advantage. That's not to say he'll be holding SF to 13, but if he can hold them to 24 that has to put us in the driver's seat.

Halfcan 01-27-2020 09:54 AM

It is now Monday morning- and the 49ers still suck.

All22 01-27-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14753640)
Cool. You're gonna find out on 2/2. Just be sure to come back and tell us all about it after the game, mk?

When the 49ers win, the ban hammer is going to come out so fast here.

Y'all can't even take any level of calm rational discussion at all without resorting to childish name calling.

ToxSocks 01-27-2020 10:02 AM

I know it's selfish AF to say, but goddamn it sucks that Kobe has to die the week the Chiefs go to the SB. I've waited most my life for this and one of my biggest sports icons has to die the same week. SMH.

Makes it hard to get into the SB talk today.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-27-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14753710)
I know it's selfish AF to say, but goddamn it sucks that Kobe has to die the week the Chiefs go to the SB. I've waited most my life for this and one of my biggest sports icons has to die the same week. SMH.

Makes it hard to get into the SB talk today.

No kidding. It crossed my mind yesterday how bad it would have been if it happened next Sunday. Its awful regardless, but that would have sucked the life out of the Chiefs big day for many I believe. Especially those who aren’t fans.

Halfcan 01-27-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14753700)
When the 49ers win, the ban hammer is going to come out so fast here.

Y'all can't even take any level of calm rational discussion at all without resorting to childish name calling.

:harumph:
You are ugly and your feet stink.

All22 01-27-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14753638)
I would say the KC defense has earned its way into having a lot of doubters. They were awful last season and pretty bad for the first half of this season. Niners have a damn good offense as well, so that is a big time factor by itself.

The storylines for this game are so weird. The game tape shows something totally different IMO.

On this forum, y'all tend towards more player-centric comparisons than any other forum (i.e. who has the best QB, best "weapons" etc) and you overrate your system players way too much.

Anything less than "Mahomes is the GOAT" is shouted down.

ToxSocks 01-27-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14753743)

And rightly so.

staylor26 01-27-2020 10:26 AM

All22 is acting like it’s just Chiefs fans that say Mahomes is easily the best QB in the NFL with the best group of weapons as well.

News flash:

It isn’t just us that believes that.

ToxSocks 01-27-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14753700)

You come here and passively insult our team and try to convince us of why we should fear the 9ers and then try to play the victim card when someone tells you your full of shit. GTFO with that bullshit, man. That's weak.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/6TEOwR3aBzkyY" width="480" height="456" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/6TEOwR3aBzkyY">via GIPHY</a></p>

DRM08 01-27-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All22 (Post 14753743)
The storylines for this game are so weird. The game tape shows something totally different IMO.

On this forum, y'all tend towards more player-centric comparisons than any other forum (i.e. who has the best QB, best "weapons" etc) and you overrate your system players way too much.

This is a strange response to my post. Did you quote the wrong person? I was talking about the KC defense and only said they earned their reputation as a bad defense the last couple seasons. Your rant has nothing to do with what I wrote.

The Franchise 01-27-2020 10:32 AM

So I’ve heard it all this morning on twitter.

Our defense sucks.
Our offensive line sucks.
We have no run game.
Mahomes will be on his back the entire game.