ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

Bowser 06-17-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16338482)
If I missed this here, I apologize. Episodes 1 and 2 of The Old Man dropped today. FX/Hulu. Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. It's the most compelling first episode of any show I can remember watching. Wow.

https://allears.net/wp-content/uploa...in-america.gif

Pepe Silvia 06-18-2022 07:40 PM

Been watching The Time Travelers Wife. It’s not too bad. Rose Leslie is a smokeshow.

Coochie liquor 06-19-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16339608)
Been watching The Time Travelers Wife. It’s not too bad. Rose Leslie is a smokeshow.

I liked the movie a lot. Even if it was kinda Rom/Com ish. Did you see the movie?

Pepe Silvia 06-19-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16340493)
I liked the movie a lot. Even if it was kinda Rom/Com ish. Did you see the movie?

No I haven’t. I thought there was a movie too and I wasn’t just dreaming it.

L.A. Chieffan 06-20-2022 12:17 AM

Old man is the shit.

HemiEd 06-20-2022 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16334324)
@3:24

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1j45CCm4m5Y" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you for the rec, it is riviting. Truly enjoying it. :clap:

HemiEd 06-22-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16341788)
Thank you for the rec, it is riviting. Truly enjoying it. :clap:

Enjoyed "the Offer" so much that I went ahead and watched the remastered Godfather and Godfather part 2 again. It had been many years.

Baby Lee 06-24-2022 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16338482)
If I missed this here, I apologize. Episodes 1 and 2 of The Old Man dropped today. FX/Hulu. Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. It's the most compelling first episode of any show I can remember watching. Wow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16338503)

[me struggling to express reaction without spoiling the source or reason . . . ]

BlackOp 06-25-2022 01:54 PM

Tried watching Old Man...so many unrealistic scenarios that I barely made through 2 episodes. This felt like a series you would watch on NBC....really poor writing and character development. Needless to say, I'm not investing anymore time into this one...

Spoiler!

lewdog 06-25-2022 04:49 PM

The Dropout, about Elizabeth Holmes, is pretty good.

Buehler445 06-25-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16347914)
The Dropout, about Elizabeth Holmes, is pretty good.

Couldn’t bring myself to do it. I read the books and I don’t think I could get into a dramatization

TwistedChief 06-26-2022 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16347735)
Tried watching Old Man...so many unrealistic scenarios that I barely made through 2 episodes.

LMAO

BlackOp of all people can't watch a show because of "unrealistic scenarios."

"The conspiracy is not deep enough, dammit!"

Pepe Silvia 06-26-2022 08:23 PM

I actually don’t know what to watch at this time, anyone have any good recommendations?

Buehler445 06-26-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16349062)
I actually don’t know what to watch at this time, anyone have any good recommendations?

Did you do Peaky Blinders?

If you're looking for weekly stuff, the first episode of the Old Man was really good.

HemiEd 06-27-2022 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16348298)
LMAO

BlackOp of all people can't watch a show because of "unrealistic scenarios."

"The conspiracy is not deep enough, dammit!"

I couldn't get halfway through the first episode. All the scenes seemed to be dark, and just wasn't in the mood for that.

I will try it again when and if something more interesting is not available.

Been watching "Joe Pittman" a great series on Paramount. For some reason episode 9 and 10 are not available yet even though they can be found on line.

lewdog 06-27-2022 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16348043)
Couldn’t bring myself to do it. I read the books and I don’t think I could get into a dramatization

I don’t have time for reading!!!

Zebedee DuBois 06-27-2022 12:14 PM

i kind of enjoy The Old Man, but it IS a bit mindless.

Its another "geezer with a particular set of skills" movie, and they can be an passable waste of an afternoon. "Hot chick in black leather or spandex kicking ass" movies are sort of the same.

Buehler445 06-27-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16349699)
I don’t have time for reading!!!

Audiobooks and hours in the tractor/sprayer

lewdog 06-27-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16349819)

I bet 50 shades of grey gets a bit weird on that tractor.

Buehler445 06-28-2022 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16350520)

Heh. Not my lane. I haven’t listened to a single fiction book.

Baby Lee 06-28-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16349819)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16350520)

He did note it's not just a tractor. . . ;)

Coochie liquor 06-28-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16349062)

Queen of the South
Gomorra
Suburra : Blood on Rome

Pepe Silvia 06-29-2022 08:17 PM

I decided to watch some Brooklyn 99 reruns.

“One Flan.”

Baby Lee 07-08-2022 09:09 PM

Wasn't really in the mood for this, but Dennis Lehane and positive reviews drew me in . . . It's pretty engrossing so far

<iframe width="584" height="329" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aH1FOkJys3Y" title="Black Bird — Official Trailer | Apple TV+" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 07-09-2022 11:43 AM

It's probably already been mentioned but the Bigfoot show on Hulu was excellent.

Keep in mind it's not actually about Bigfoot as much as that's just the name of the show. That's the starting point of a journalist's questioning of what happened to him years ago.

The final truth of what happens ends up being much different and about something entirely different...

Buehler445 07-09-2022 09:09 PM

I watched Warrior on HBO.

It is about Chinatown in SanFran in the 1800s. I didn't expect much, but found myself caring a lot about the outcome. There is only 2 seasons and seems to end in the middle probably, but it was worth the watch.

The fight scenes were way better than I expected. And the bro banter was really good in some places. It was far from perfect, but I found myself caring a lot about the characters.

Sidenote: I loved the Hong character. Particularly in the Mexico episode. I laughed every time he was on the screen.

duncan_idaho 07-11-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16362666)
I watched Warrior on HBO.

It is about Chinatown in SanFran in the 1800s. I didn't expect much, but found myself caring a lot about the outcome. There is only 2 seasons and seems to end in the middle probably, but it was worth the watch.

The fight scenes were way better than I expected. And the bro banter was really good in some places. It was far from perfect, but I found myself caring a lot about the characters.

Sidenote: I loved the Hong character. Particularly in the Mexico episode. I laughed every time he was on the screen.

Ah Sahm is the ****ing shit.

The actor also was Storm Shadow in the Snake Eyes movie and was tight AF in that.

Baby Lee 07-12-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15630496)
Anyone watch Breeders, also on FX. Totally different show from this, but created and written by Freeman. It's not worldbreaking, but it is pretty decent.

Basically, an update of the story of . . . incidental . . . parents, navigating modern problems [social media, juggling work and home life, . . . kids these days, etc].

Particularly interesting is the character played by the wife, because it's played by Daisy Haggard who is mostly known for a one-note but brilliant and hilarious character in Episodes. Again, a much different and altogether enjoyable performance.

Quoted this from a reference in an old Fargo thread because Breeders just had its season 3 finale.

I know the type of show might not be for everyone, but for the type of show it is, it's pretty brilliant in its execution.

I'm a sucker for shows about conflict that put the effort in to make sure everyone has a bit of a point and everyone is a bit of an ass, so it's not simply good guys versus bad guys, but explores the little fulcrums in interpersonal interactions that can bend the entire narrative in one direction or another.

And Breeders does a great job of showing how bonkers maintaining family can be with modern mores and sensitivities without letting the bonkers slip totally into caricature.

You'll find yourself musing long after episodes are over regarding who's right and who's wrong, how right or wrong they are, or what you would or wouldn't put up with in given situations, and often your own perspective will shift over time, . . . all of which seems an important task to occasionally tackle if you expect familial drama to remain compelling.

All that to say, if nuanced semi-comedic modern family [non-soapy] drama is a genre you seek out, Breeders does it better than most everything else out there.

markdis 07-12-2022 01:05 PM

Marvelous Mrs Maisel - 10/10
Stranger Things -10/10
How to get away with the murder - 9/10
Those three are my tops this year. Here is a good list of iptv services which give me access to unlimited amount of new and old movies, episodes, documentaries and cartoons. Never ever i can be bored again.

Pepe Silvia 07-13-2022 07:36 AM

Kristen Johnston joins HBO’s Righteous Gemstones for Season 3.

https://www.tvinsider.com/1050154/ri...sten-johnston/

BigBeauford 07-14-2022 08:14 PM

Just watched the first episode of The Bear. I see great potential for this one. A show about a guy who inherits his dead brother's restaurant, both apparently very talented chefs. The kitchen interactions are very raw and intense. Great acting, barely feels like you're watching actors. Has that voyeuristic quality that Succession possesses.

Baby Lee 07-17-2022 02:50 PM

Moving a prior post over to here, because, dummy me, it's a series not a movie. . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16359122)
So very, very, very here for this

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2fjPFt8cpic" title="The Rehearsal | Official Trailer | HBO" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyway, saw episode one, and it's every bit of a piece of his prior work.

The best way to put it, particularly to avoid spoiling the experience, is that you won't know what you're watching, but you know you can't look away.

I'm not entirely sure I can say universally that it's not off-putting, because it meanders into realms that are going to spark response from some. And that's not saying it's like gross or perverted or weird, except in the broadest senses of those concepts.

The best word I can conjure is transgressive . . . It takes so many things about social interaction and subjects it to new scrutiny and off-kilter re-examination. You'll wonder what's real and what's not, and you'll wonder how someone comes up with the subtle and small details, let alone the grand plan that goes into an undertaking like this.

I highly recommend off what I've seen of the first episode, because if nothing else it won't be quite like anything else you've seen, and it's worth it just for the creativity and nuance.

A lot of this probably sounds like talking around the show instead of talking about the show, and that's fair and it's also innate to the show itself. I think the remarks, as well as the circumspection, will make more sense when you've seen it yourself.

EDIT - an article/review - https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...n-us-rcna38266

cookster50 07-18-2022 06:12 PM

Finally watched Bosch Legacy, not bad, seemed about the same production level.

Buehler445 07-18-2022 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 16372942)
Finally watched Bosch Legacy, not bad, seemed about the same production level.

Nah, they went cheap a couple places that was noticeable, but I was all in on the story. Welliver owns that role.

TwistedChief 07-18-2022 08:04 PM

Bear.

Crazy unique show. Raw. Gritty. Heartfelt. Amazing acting. As real as a restaurant show will get.

Very, very cool. First few episodes and it's easy to see the potential but maybe harder to envision the payoff. But it hits.

Buehler445 07-18-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16373064)
Bear.

Crazy unique show. Raw. Gritty. Heartfelt. Amazing acting. As real as a restaurant show will get.

Very, very cool. First few episodes and it's easy to see the potential but maybe harder to envision the payoff. But it hits.

Hulu right? I’ve seen ads and thought I should check it out.

TwistedChief 07-18-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16373090)
Hulu right? I’ve seen ads and thought I should check it out.

Yup, FX/Hulu. Good luck.

KCUnited 07-19-2022 07:33 AM

I enjoyed The Bear. Felt they really captured the vibe of Chicago. The grind and the perseverance it can take everyday. I thought the cast was engaging and likeable.

Lot of Chicago Easter eggs throughout. A couple no one cares about that I enjoyed were:

Neil Fak wearing a Harms Way shirt in E1 - local legends tough guy band and owners of the classic running man meme/gifs

Tom Skilling as the VIP customer - WGN weatherman and cherished icon

Dessert inspiration from Roeser's. The last 2 years I lived there I was fortunate to live near Roeser's. The oldest bakery in Chicago and Pączki masters.

markdis 07-19-2022 02:57 PM

Intimacy on Netflix.

BigBeauford 07-19-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16371625)
Moving a prior post over to here, because, dummy me, it's a series not a movie. . .

Anyway, saw episode one, and it's every bit of a piece of his prior work.

The best way to put it, particularly to avoid spoiling the experience, is that you won't know what you're watching, but you know you can't look away.

I'm not entirely sure I can say universally that it's not off-putting, because it meanders into realms that are going to spark response from some. And that's not saying it's like gross or perverted or weird, except in the broadest senses of those concepts.

The best word I can conjure is transgressive . . . It takes so many things about social interaction and subjects it to new scrutiny and off-kilter re-examination. You'll wonder what's real and what's not, and you'll wonder how someone comes up with the subtle and small details, let alone the grand plan that goes into an undertaking like this.

I highly recommend off what I've seen of the first episode, because if nothing else it won't be quite like anything else you've seen, and it's worth it just for the creativity and nuance.

A lot of this probably sounds like talking around the show instead of talking about the show, and that's fair and it's also innate to the show itself. I think the remarks, as well as the circumspection, will make more sense when you've seen it yourself.

EDIT - an article/review - https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...n-us-rcna38266

Lost it at Chinese Gunpowder. Ending was wholesome. We loved it.

Baby Lee 07-24-2022 05:13 AM

Verification of authenticity or another level to the facade?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For anyone who still had any doubt that my brother is a dangerous psycho, please watch S1E2 of The Rehearsal, and see for yourself ☺️</p>&mdash; lite-skinned dy-no-mite (@Sall_Gud) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sall_Gud/status/1550686285936750592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simply Red 07-24-2022 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markdis (Post 16374006)
Intimacy on Netflix.

Have you seen Call of Booty: Black cocks II?

BigBeauford 07-24-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16379383)
Verification of authenticity or another level to the facade?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For anyone who still had any doubt that my brother is a dangerous psycho, please watch S1E2 of The Rehearsal, and see for yourself ☺️</p>&mdash; lite-skinned dy-no-mite (@Sall_Gud) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sall_Gud/status/1550686285936750592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude seemed to be a stoner/slacker with a sprinkling of autism. Not sure about psycho though.

Shag 07-25-2022 08:30 PM

Saw the recommendation for Rehearsal in this thread, which led me to Nathan For You on HBO, which is the same lead - it's absolutely killing me. Not a new show, but one of the most awkward shows I've seen, and ****ing hilarious.

Baby Lee 07-26-2022 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 16381355)
Saw the recommendation for Rehearsal in this thread, which led me to Nathan For You on HBO, which is the same lead - it's absolutely killing me. Not a new show, but one of the most awkward shows I've seen, and ****ing hilarious.

If you like the awkwardness of NfY but want a little more broad comedy, track down Review.

Andy Daly plays an emcee who takes audience recommendations to Review life experiences. Kind of like an Undercover Boss type show for circumstances in life with a little Larry Sanders Show behind the scenes comedic drama. And the humor comes from his commitment to the task and the effect it has on his real life.

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T2dSE6_utcE" title="Review - Addiction" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 07-27-2022 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15665839)
Mythic Quest is back baby!!

Rewatching S1 to catch me back up, holds up well. Had forgotten that Caitlyn McGee [who now has a network sitcom with Eric 'Dumbass' Forman] was the basement-dwelling Media Relations chick. And man, the DQD storyline hits even harder with the Disney buyout narrative.

I think the best thing about it, on rewatch, is that it tackles SJW stuff while not sacrificing the comedy. Which is, it lets the SJW 'voices' look just as dumb, petty and clueless as the those they are 'fighting.' Tina Fey and Robert Carlock have done that in a lot of their work, and obviously the foundations with McElhenney in IASIP leans WAAY into it. Danny Pudi's Brad character is a great efficient sociopathic reminder that good intentions aren't unidirectional and often don't keep the lights on.

The creative team, McElhenny, Day, and Megan Ganz. Megan comes from Community and Modern Family, and you can see the fingerprints of keeping the bits coming to keep the narrative light.

Back Baby II - Electric Boogaloo

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1FhAZ5pL2Q" title="MYTHIC QUEST Season 3 Trailer (2022) Comedy Series" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJJasonp 07-29-2022 04:16 PM

two episodes into the new 'Resident Evil' series on Netflix.

Enjoying it. I've played nearly all of the games, so I'm keeping up mostly with characters.

Wesker is played by the guy in the Wire.......and he's a great actor

Baby Lee 07-30-2022 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16374364)
Lost it at Chinese Gunpowder. Ending was wholesome. We loved it.

Ah yes, the time honored tradition of squash harvest

Pepe Silvia 07-30-2022 02:30 PM

Turns out that he was not a night owl…….

Buehler445 07-30-2022 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16364623)
Ah Sahm is the ****ing shit.

The actor also was Storm Shadow in the Snake Eyes movie and was tight AF in that.

Right on. I haven't seen Snake Eyes. I might have to check it out.

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the show, even this far out I still loved the shit out of it.

TwistedChief 07-31-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 16381355)

You turned me onto Nathan for You. God bless. It’s hysterical.

BigBeauford 07-31-2022 01:53 PM

The first episode of The Rehearsal was incredible. We ended up going back and watching Nathan for You, which might be the funniest show I've seen since Its Always Sunny. Unfortunately, the last two episodes of The Rehearsal haven't been of the caliber I've been accustomed to from Nathan.

Baby Lee 07-31-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16389453)
You turned me onto Nathan for You. God bless. It’s hysterical.

New frontiers in passive-aggression.

Pepe Silvia 07-31-2022 02:03 PM

Hilarious.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ELm6vb-ej0k" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 07-31-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16389473)
Hilarious.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ELm6vb-ej0k" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd like to thank Shag for posting that clip. . . ;)

ToxSocks 08-01-2022 10:36 AM

Tried giving that new Resident Evil on Netflix a chance.

Holy phuck did they miss the mark on that. Do they know who their targeted audience is?

I turned it off after 15 minutes.

First 5 minutes is about how the world was destroyed because of climate change, followed by 10 minutes of woke pillowbiter teen girl drama. ooooout.

DJJasonp 08-01-2022 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16390416)
Tried giving that new Resident Evil on Netflix a chance.

Holy phuck did they miss the mark on that. Do they know who their targeted audience is?

I turned it off after 15 minutes.

First 5 minutes is about how the world was destroyed because of climate change, followed by 10 minutes of woke pillowbiter teen girl drama. ooooout.

wow.......I didnt see it that way at all (and I definitely stay away from woke media).

They did mention climate change as one of many reasons they ended up where they are.....but it's not even close to being part of the storyline.

It's a twist on Wesker, and how he was involved with umbrella, and why his daughters survived, etc.

I can see the teen stuff early in, but the show flips between that and present day.

Plenty of game easter eggs too.

but art is subjective, and different strokes and all that.

I'm 5 episodes in now and enjoying it.

ToxSocks 08-01-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 16390748)
wow.......I didnt see it that way at all (and I definitely stay away from woke media).

They did mention climate change as one of many reasons they ended up where they are.....but it's not even close to being part of the storyline.

It's a twist on Wesker, and how he was involved with umbrella, and why his daughters survived, etc.

I can see the teen stuff early in, but the show flips between that and present day.

Plenty of game easter eggs too.

but art is subjective, and different strokes and all that.

I'm 5 episodes in now and enjoying it.

Maybe i'll give it another go. Like i said, i turned it off in about 15minutes because the early direction seemed pretty lame and i wasn't liking it.

Pepe Silvia 08-02-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16389494)
I'd like to thank Shag for posting that clip. . . ;)

The best burger I had in LA was Fuddruckers. It was amazing, you could choose 1/4 pound, 1/3 pound, 1/2 pound and 1 pound. They served it with excellent seasoned steak fries, now that might have been worth $100 bucks.

BigBeauford 08-02-2022 02:47 PM

Watched this episode last night. It might be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WNQ6_1GCVVA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TwistedChief 08-03-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16392249)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WNQ6_1GCVVA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

The dude is brilliant.

KCUnited 08-04-2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16361928)
Wasn't really in the mood for this, but Dennis Lehane and positive reviews drew me in . . . It's pretty engrossing so far

<iframe width="584" height="329" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aH1FOkJys3Y" title="Black Bird — Official Trailer | Apple TV+" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Late to the Apple tv game and operating on a 3 month trial and this show is legit. Picking up first season True Detective vibes.

Pepe Silvia 08-04-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16392249)

What do I gain by doing this?

Nothing!!!!

Baby Lee 08-04-2022 05:25 PM

Reservation Dogs is back, and the first two episodes had some good laughs.

Uncle Brownie and Bucky pray-arguing was hilarious.

Spirit William Knifeman is always a hoot.

TwistedChief 08-04-2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 16394783)
Late to the Apple tv game and operating on a 3 month trial and this show is legit. Picking up first season True Detective vibes.

Yes, I've enjoyed it but S1 True Detective is an all-time great. This is not quite that. Paul Walter Hauser is insanely good though.

Pretty sure the finale dropped today.

KCUnited 08-04-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16395355)
Yes, I've enjoyed it but S1 True Detective is an all-time great. This is not quite that. Paul Walter Hauser is insanely good though.

Pretty sure the finale dropped today.

Agree that its not there but the vibe is real. Like if you're chasing the feel of TD S1 this gets you by more than TD S2 and 3 imo.

Fish 08-09-2022 08:33 PM

I thought the first season of The Sandman was pretty good. If you're into trippy Neil Gaiman stuff. Gaiman material is so crazy and imaginative that previous efforts haven't turned out as well as I'd hoped. But this one turned out pretty good for the initial season.

Baby Lee 08-11-2022 06:49 PM

It's BAACKKKK!!!

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iweUHfEaqA4" title="TRAILER | Is Harry Earth's Only Hope? | Resident Alien | Season 2 Part 2 | SYFY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coochie liquor 08-12-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 16379386)
Have you seen Call of Booty: Black cocks II?

Can’t wait for season 2 Call of Booty: Mandingo Juice!!

Frazod 08-21-2022 11:11 AM

One of my buddies was raving about how much he enjoyed Ted Lasso, so I started watching it last night. What a weird show - it's like somebody threw Major League, Ned Flanders from the Simpsons and soccer in a blender. I shouldn't like it, but I do. Somehow they managed to make a show about the most boring sport on earth entertaining.

A couple of things - I wonder how many people who watch this know that Wichita State doesn't have a football team. And damn, is the average Brit as salty as this show portrays? Jesus, pretty much everybody other than Ted and Coach sounds like a limey version of Tommy from Goodfellas. It's funny, but.... wow. Any little kid who watches this by mistake will immediately start calling everybody twats and wankers. :D

And the biggest shock - I knew I recognized the female owner, but couldn't place her. Checked her out on IMDb, and she played the septa in Game of Thrones that terrorized Cersei. Who knew that she was actually hot?

Buehler445 08-21-2022 12:11 PM

Lasso is good. It’s definitely a show I should hate. But it balances it well enough it keeps me hooked.

Pepe Silvia 08-21-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16422037)
One of my buddies was raving about how much he enjoyed Ted Lasso, so I started watching it last night. What a weird show - it's like somebody threw Major League, Ned Flanders from the Simpsons and soccer in a blender. I shouldn't like it, but I do. Somehow they managed to make a show about the most boring sport on earth entertaining.

A couple of things - I wonder how many people who watch this know that Wichita State doesn't have a football team. And damn, is the average Brit as salty as this show portrays? Jesus, pretty much everybody other than Ted and Coach sounds like a limey version of Tommy from Goodfellas. It's funny, but.... wow. Any little kid who watches this by mistake will immediately start calling everybody twats and wankers. :D

And the biggest shock - I knew I recognized the female owner, but couldn't place her. Checked her out on IMDb, and she played the septa in Game of Thrones that terrorized Cersei. Who knew that she was actually hot?

Be curious, not judgemental.

BigBeauford 08-21-2022 02:12 PM

First season of Ted Lasso was gold, but I didn't get on with the 2nd season at all.

Baby Lee 08-25-2022 01:07 PM

Tangential to Lasso, Welcome to Wrexham is FINALLY HERE!!

Part reality show, part mockumentary, but I dont' sense it's scripted for comedy or drama or particularly, so much as edited after the fact.

Rob McElhenny and Ryan Reynolds purchase an historic if underachieving [5th tier ENL] soccer franchise and document what they go through as new owners in a new season.

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C9hLsktkGfA" title="Welcome to Wrexham Official Trailer | Rob McElhenney, Ryan Reynolds | FX" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eGNPdFJcrdc" title="The story behind Wrexham's Hollywood takeover | Football Focus" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 08-25-2022 01:08 PM

Just finished season 4 of Virgin River!

Pepe Silvia 08-25-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16428141)
Tangential to Lasso, Welcome to Wrexham is FINALLY HERE!!

Part reality show, part mockumentary, but I dont' sense it's scripted for comedy or drama or particularly, so much as edited after the fact.

Rob McElhenny and Ryan Reynolds purchase an historic if underachieving [5th tier ENL] soccer franchise and document what they go through as new owners in a new season.

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C9hLsktkGfA" title="Welcome to Wrexham Official Trailer | Rob McElhenney, Ryan Reynolds | FX" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eGNPdFJcrdc" title="The story behind Wrexham's Hollywood takeover | Football Focus" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think they’re secretly brothers in real life. They look a lot alike now that I see them paired together. :LOL:

TwistedChief 08-27-2022 06:44 PM

Five Days at Memorial on Apple.

A New Orleans hospital’s experience during Katrina. Wow. It’s a true horror film. Absolutely heart-wrenching story and terrific acting.

Baby Lee 08-27-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16314101)
Don't be surprised if every single word of wisdom dispensed by Mitch 'pays off' [as in everyone will ignore it to their detriment] over the rest of the season, . . he already warned Barry off the dinner party.

Another Coen staple, a random dumbass giving advice that could have averted the entire tragic narrative to come.

If you liked Beignet Mitch;

[haven't seen it yet, just the trailer, . . . and then Stern channel had a replay when The Party Bros came on the show yesterday]

<iframe width="651" height="366" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SV5eLsh0DGc" title="Chad and JT Go Deep | Official Trailer | Netflix" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-09-2022 06:56 PM

The Good Fight back for another season, and another blockbuster cast addition . . .

Spoiler!

Miles 09-09-2022 09:56 PM

Finally started Black Bird and the first two episodes are really promising. Didn’t know the score was from Mogwai going in which was a nice surprise.