ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pat Mahomes Sr arrested for 3rd DWI (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352163)

wazu 02-05-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 17383581)
You seem to have taken personal offense to my post. Not sure why? It’s not like his dad would be going to death row or to San Quentin where his safety would be at risk. If my dad was that much of a public safety menace (as multiple DWIs would indicate) I would probably feel better about his and other people’s safety if he were going to jail for a few years. Plus he could learn his lesson possibly and actually take different actions.

Either way, you’re correct about one thing, I am legitimately bewildered as to why a grown any adult would not be able to focus on their job because of their dad maybe, possibly going to a low level jail for a couple years. Unless this would cause a major stress to something like childcare or something like that. Obviously that is not the case with PMII.

No offense taken. I just took your question at face value and tried to supply my own personal answer. As a grown man I need nothing material from my parents, but if they were to be facing prison it would absolutely affect me. Not to a point I would melt down or lose my job or anything, but it would still suck.

ChiTown 02-05-2024 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan75 (Post 17383560)
Pat Sr has a longer road to go if he wants to be considered the GOAT

Jerry Zeller is said to have committed more than 30 DUIs, earning him the nickname "Mr. DUI"

After you get a 3rd DUI, they should just bury a bullet in the back of your head. You obvious can't make good decisions and you don't give a **** about anyone but yourself. So, here ya go!

Katipan 02-05-2024 12:59 PM

I feel like that would effect Pats Super Bowl performance.

Why Not? 02-05-2024 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17383619)
No offense taken. I just took your question at face value and tried to supply my own personal answer. As a grown man I need nothing material from my parents, but if they were to be facing prison it would absolutely affect me. Not to a point I would melt down or lose my job or anything, but it would still suck.

Fair enough. Yeah it would definitely suck. But I don’t think Pat II is gonna let it slow him down at all.

kcfan75 02-05-2024 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 17383626)
After you get a 3rd DUI, they should just bury a bullet in the back of your head. You obvious can't make good decisions and you don't give a **** about anyone but yourself. So, here ya go!

I don't get it, one DUI back when I was 25 scared me straight. I've had no incidents since then and don't plan to.

Plus there are 30 more options(uber, etc) to get home than I had at 25 if I decided to go out drinking and I'm sure that Pat Sr. has a lot more resources than I do.

PurpleJesus28 02-05-2024 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan75 (Post 17383723)
I don't get it, one DUI back when I was 25 scared me straight. I've had no incidents since then and don't plan to.

Plus there are 30 more options(uber, etc) to get home than I had at 25 if I decided to go out drinking and I'm sure that Pat Sr. has a lot more resources than I do.

Yeah for sure,thats the thing. I'm sometimes surprised the judge doesnt throw the book at them in cases like these,because they do not learn from their mistakes.They just go out and do the exact same thing and get caught doing it again.

ToxSocks 02-05-2024 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan75 (Post 17383723)
I don't get it

I don't get it when people say, "I dont get it".

I get it just fine. Drunk people dont make reasonable decisions. That's like....never been a thing.

"How come this drunk guy didnt make a sound, responsible decision? I don't get it"

kcfan75 02-05-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 17383750)
I don't get it when people say, "I dont get it".

I get it just fine. Drunk people dont make reasonable decisions. That's like....never been a thing.

"How come this drunk guy didnt make a sound, responsible decision? I don't get it"

Those are decisions that should be made before he leaves the house. I know if I'm going to a Chiefs game or the bar and I'm drinking, I make sure I am with someone who isn't drinking or have the Uber app ready, or be damned I just don't drink.

Pat has the resources to hire a driver for a night out. I didn't fully quit drinking because of my DUI, but I make sure I have a plan for getting home before I go out.

It's not just Pat either, Mizzou's old football coach, Bob Huggins, etc. have all been in these situations they didn't need to be in.

Rain Man 02-05-2024 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17383619)

When you're an adult and not living in the household, I think it's pretty easy to compartmentalize something like this and not have it affect you, assuming that you recognize that the parent screwed up and is being held responsible for their own bad judgment.

This new information worries me a little about PMII, though. We've seen him slam a few in celebrations, and I really hope he doesn't go down that same path when he gets older. It would break my heart.

Bearcat 02-05-2024 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 17383581)
You seem to have taken personal offense to my post. Not sure why? It’s not like his dad would be going to death row or to San Quentin where his safety would be at risk. If my dad was that much of a public safety menace (as multiple DWIs would indicate) I would probably feel better about his and other people’s safety if he were going to jail for a few years. Plus he could learn his lesson possibly and actually take different actions.

Either way, you’re correct about one thing, I am legitimately bewildered as to why a grown any adult would not be able to focus on their job because of their dad maybe, possibly going to a low level jail for a couple years. Unless this would cause a major stress to something like childcare or something like that. Obviously that is not the case with PMII.

I dunno, I've had some family drama that's serious enough or at least mind-boggling enough that it takes up brain cycles, especially if you're doing something relatively mundane/routine. And then if he's talking with family, it's just time spent asking questions and venting or whatever (not like they're focused on the game 24/7 all week anyway, but still). Dad makes bail, then he wants to talk to you about it, much less answering questions from the media.

Do I think all of that adds up to anything significant in terms of game preperation this week? Nah, not really. He's been in the league for years, I'd have to assume he was watching tape and stuff last week anyway... and hell, he could probably take off an entire day's worth of prep time and it's not going to ruin him for Sunday. And it's also not like dad's locked up right now, so overall probably something to compartmentalize for another day.

Not sure I'd say it's completely insignificant to his week though.

BWillie 02-05-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan75 (Post 17383764)
Those are decisions that should be made before he leaves the house. I know if I'm going to a Chiefs game or the bar and I'm drinking, I make sure I am with someone who isn't drinking or have the Uber app ready, or be damned I just don't drink.

Pat has the resources to hire a driver for a night out. I didn't fully quit drinking because of my DUI, but I make sure I have a plan for getting home before I go out.

It's not just Pat either, Mizzou's old football coach, Bob Huggins, etc. have all been in these situations they didn't need to be in.

Unless it's a pre-arranged ride, it's hard convincing a drunk person to make the right decision. Not an excuse but there is a reason so many people - even smart people have driven drunk. Having a pre-arranged ride would actually be a really good idea. Something you cannot change.

Rainbarrel 02-05-2024 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17383972)
When you're an adult and not living in the household, I think it's pretty easy to compartmentalize something like this and not have it affect you, assuming that you recognize that the parent screwed up and is being held responsible for their own bad judgment.

This new information worries me a little about PMII, though. We've seen him slam a few in celebrations, and I really hope he doesn't go down that same path when he gets older. It would break my heart.

I think Brittany has lived through a lot of this with him & he depends on her to help keep him in check

wazu 02-05-2024 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17383972)

I'd be shocked if that happened. He's just too smart in every aspect of his life. Even if he drinks a fair amount in his later years he isn't going to be DUI guy.

In58men 02-05-2024 07:45 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f40f30ec46.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Demonpenz 02-05-2024 07:59 PM

When you are drunk all the time it is hard to take a Uber every where especially if you are still drunk in the morning