ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337826)

TRR 04-30-2023 07:10 AM

Flew in from Denver to KC for the draft. Must say the new airport is very nice. Easy in and out with quite a lot of cool bars/restaurants. Trent McDuffie was on my United flight headed back to Denver yesterday as well. Was cool to chat/meet him for a moment.

DaFace 04-30-2023 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16927445)

It's not rocket surgery.

Surgery on a rocket does seem like it would be particularly complex.

kstater 04-30-2023 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16927445)
Not sure why you keep drawing such weird conclusions.

People arrive far too early for flights all the time. Now there are food options very close to the gate. People like food and will even pay terrible prices for it.

It's not rocket surgery.

Getting an overpriced bloody mary when leaving for vacation is a tradition I strangely enjoy.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

DaFace 04-30-2023 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 16927473)
Getting an overpriced bloody mary when leaving for vacation is a tradition I strangely enjoy.

Getting a lounge membership solidified that one for me. Now the bloody marys are free!

(But let's not talk about the annual fees on the credit card that I use to gain that freedom.)

SPchief 04-30-2023 07:35 AM

Quote:

That overpriced Bloody Mary doubled in price.

Bearcat 04-30-2023 07:39 AM

Quote:

Yeah, that became a thing after I moved from KC.... flying out of KC, it never felt like vacation started until you got to your destination.

Flying out of other airports though, you spend that 30+ minutes relaxing with a drink and/or snack, as opposed to standing at the gate staring at the stranger across from you.

Bearcat 04-30-2023 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 16927471)
Surgery on a rocket does seem like it would be particularly complex.

(insert breaking apart in midair copypasta)

mr. tegu 04-30-2023 08:18 AM

I always look forward to the layover after departing KC and getting a meal at that airport as that feels like the vacation has officially started. I suspect the information is out there but I hypothesize that a large portion of flights leaving KC depart early when compared to other airports. Seems logical given so many destinations from KC require a stop and layover somewhere. The effect to me seems that you have less people arriving around lunch time than other airports so not as many locals have the opportunity to arrive early and eat.

For example, people going to Florida or California from KC are probably departing before 10 at a large rate, (maybe 80%?) just based on what I see when looking at flight times available. But a huge hub like Charlotte seems they would have tons of flights for those leaving to California/west coast all morning with tons heading to Florida/east coast all afternoon.

For this I can see how restaurants wouldn’t get as many locals eating there prior to departing like some other places.

Bugeater 04-30-2023 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 16927467)
Flew in from Denver to KC for the draft. Must say the new airport is very nice. Easy in and out with quite a lot of cool bars/restaurants. Trent McDuffie was on my United flight headed back to Denver yesterday as well. Was cool to chat/meet him for a moment.

Did you get a picture with him?

DaFace 04-30-2023 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16927031)
Definitely some weird conspiracy theories regarding Denvers airport

Relevant article came across my NYT feed this morning. It's always hilarious to see all the crazy theories.

A Towering, Terrifying Demon Horse Isn’t Even the Weirdest Part
https://nyti.ms/42al7Da

stevieray 04-30-2023 11:57 AM

"The temperature today at the Airport is 67 degrees, which I think is really stupid man, because nobody lives at the Airport"

WilliamTheIrish 04-30-2023 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16927382)
You have an apt avatar photo.

A choker at golf.

And you choking on the cocks.

Go to bed Manke

A choker at golf? Forgot I even had an avatar. Dude’s a 3 time major winner. But again, intelligence was never your strong suit.

That low self esteem from Mom and Dad just causes all that repressed homosexuality to come out for you, eh Scurv?

GloryDayz 04-30-2023 02:58 PM

I'm glad to hear they had the traffic jam issue solved for at least the Draft week/weekend. Let's hope they keep doing whatever they did and don't just drop it because we're not on the national stage after the Draft.

Saulbadguy 04-30-2023 04:31 PM

The gender neutral bathrooms are the best - the stalls are plentiful and go all the way to the ground. And they have a video board that indicates the number of stalls that are currently open!

Pablo 04-30-2023 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 16928141)
The gender neutral bathrooms are the best - the stalls are plentiful and go all the way to the ground. And they have a video board that indicates the number of stalls that are currently open!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/82...412e1cb0c1.gif