ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408)

Fire Me Boy! 08-15-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10821373)
LOL, I choose the Farberware over the other knives in the drawer and in the block (no, I don't have any $500 knives, but I have more expensive ones than this), but none of them cut as well at this one - no matter how badly I want it to not be true.

As for the beer, yeah, it's a compromise with my way-dumb doctor who thinks he knows everything. Like all doctors, he's an ass! 999 times out of 1000, it's a Merlot - I just don't have any that I wanted. That's sad too.

And both steaks were awesome. The thinner one (yeah, the butcher eye-balled the cut because the saw was fouled with pork at the moment!!) was slightly less pink than I like, but my son's girlfriend actually likes medium. Such blasphemy will keep her out of the family and me from being a grandpa all the longer, but alas I was able to make her happy...

ROFL Rep

It looks good, really.

Fire Me Boy! 08-15-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10821377)
That's the beer I drink. Eat your heart out FMB! I'll save every carb and calorie where it's possible.

I'll admit I'm a total beer snob. I'd rather drink less beer and have stuff I really like that costs too much than drink cheaper stuff more often. I also require my beer in a glass. I call my wife a barbarian when she drinks it from a bottle.

But I don't begrudge anyone what they want to drink, though. I was just harassing because of the nice plating with the cheap knife and low-carb beer.

And really, one of my best knives is a Victorinox, so I don't even really begrudge him for the knife. I'd have probably flipped it over so you couldn't see the brand, though. :)

BucEyedPea 08-15-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10821416)
I'll admit I'm a total beer snob. I'd rather drink less beer and have stuff I really like that costs too much than drink cheaper stuff more often. I also require my beer in a glass. I call my wife a barbarian when she drinks it from a bottle.

But I don't begrudge anyone what they want to drink, though. I was just harassing because of the nice plating with the cheap knife and low-carb beer.

And really, one of my best knives is a Victorinox, so I don't even really begrudge him for the knife. I'd have probably flipped it over so you couldn't see the brand, though. :)

I tried to post JK in the next post but the board wouldn't let me.

I generally don't like many of the snob beers anyway. I like mine weak. So it doesn't matter to me. Now Vodka...has to be Grey Goose. I like the French just fine. Afterall they gave us restaurants and fine dining.

BucEyedPea 08-15-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10821373)
LOL, I choose the Farberware over the other knives in the drawer and in the block (no, I don't have any $500 knives, but I have more expensive ones than this), but none of them cut as well at this one - no matter how badly I want it to not be true.

As for the beer, yeah, it's a compromise with my way-dumb doctor who thinks he knows everything. Like all doctors, he's an ass! 999 times out of 1000, it's a Merlot - I just don't have any that I wanted. That's sad too.

And both steaks were awesome. The thinner one (yeah, the butcher eye-balled the cut because the saw was fouled with pork at the moment!!) was slightly less pink than I like, but my son's girlfriend actually likes medium. Such blasphemy will keep her out of the family and me from being a grandpa all the longer, but alas I was able to make her happy...

I have a question for how you styled the shot. Why did you choose to go symmetrical over asymmetrical? Especially with food.

GloryDayz 08-15-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10821444)
I have a question for how you styled the shot. Why did you choose to go symmetrical over asymmetrical? Especially with food.

Because I'm a man, I'm not training in the artsie-fartsie portion of the culinary arts, and I'm just weird that way. I don't even step on cracks on sidewalks! I don't know, I just had to get the pic while the non-helping-hungry-people waited impatiently to dig into what they had no hand in creating! Am I whining??? :)

It's a hard thing to deal with, but at least I got to eat some great steak...

BucEyedPea 08-15-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10821462)
Because I'm a man, I'm not training in the artsie-fartsie portion of the culinary arts, and I'm just weird that way. I don't even step on cracks on sidewalks! I don't know, I just had to get the pic while the non-helping-hungry-people waited impatiently to dig into what they had no hand in creating! Am I whining??? :)

It's a hard thing to deal with, but at least I got to eat some great steak...

I was just joking. :D

GloryDayz 08-15-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10821470)
I was just joking. :D

Me too.. But the meat was awesome!!! :) :) :) :)

BucEyedPea 08-15-2014 06:12 PM

Your meat always look awesome. So I bet it was.

GloryDayz 08-15-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10819259)

Tequila to go with the limes?

Rep... :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

BigMeatballDave 08-15-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10821496)
Your meat always look awesome. So I bet it was.

Hey, now. This thread is family oriented. :)

GloryDayz 08-15-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10819445)
Tonight I made this garlicky spaghetti squash 'except I used freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. I also added some garlic butter and salt to the squash as it needed more flavor. I served it like this too. I used my refrigerated grap tomatoes. Hah! Served with pan sauteed chicken breast in olive oil and garlic. Glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Kid loved it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fevfAhTHLN...1.10.43+PM.png

OK, that's on my list now!!! Nice work!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

GloryDayz 08-15-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10819454)
Sorry couldn't resist. :D

Would... Oh, maybe that's "wood"!

SAUTO 08-15-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10820516)
Does anyone like to put potato chips on a sandwich? One of my favorite things is adding chips to the top of a sandwich, kinda squishing the bread down so it crushes the chips.

I literally had just made a sandwich with Doritos on it for lunch when you made his post.
Posted via Mobile Device

BucEyedPea 08-15-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10821518)
OK, that's on my list now!!! Nice work!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Just google garlicky spaghetti squash, click on images to you get that one and you will find the recipe.

Just a fyi, I added butter, salt, garlic granules and parm to the interior shredded squash for more flavor.

GloryDayz 08-15-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10821554)
Just google garlicky spaghetti squash, click on images to you get that one and you will find the recipe.

Just a fyi, I added butter, salt, garlic granules and parm to the interior shredded squash for more flavor.

I'm tempted to go the carbonara route. Either way, once the son is dropped off at college, I have a few dishes I'd like to perfect.