ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297754)

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12308996)
CW is only marginally tainted by Lucas-brand dumbassery.

Lucas was intimately involved with TCW.

There isn't one LucasFilm employee that wouldn't tell you it wasn't his baby.

The inclusion of Saw was a big **** You to Disney.

There will be more of that...

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-09-2016 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12309009)
Lucas was intimately involved with TCW.

There isn't one LucasFilm employee that wouldn't tell you it wasn't his baby.

The inclusion of Saw was a big **** You to Disney.

There will be more of that...

Yeah, saying "**** you" repeatedly to the new ownership should absolutely facilitate a quality end-product.

But hey, throw in "Clone 656" if it tickles your balls. Lucas can't write worth a **** or develop a character anymore; I'm glad he's out.

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12309024)
Yeah, saying "**** you" repeatedly to the new ownership should absolutely facilitate a quality end-product.

But hey, throw in "Clone 656" if it tickles your balls. Lucas can't write worth a **** or develop a character anymore; I'm glad he's out.

No words

Hammock Parties 07-09-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12308832)
Except for Saw Gerrera, right?

He's not in Episode VIII.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-09-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12309029)
No words

"Hey, I had a great idea in 1973! Other people took it and made it even better( Kirsh, Kasdan ), then I wrote a back story that sucked more shit than a dairy farm sump-pump while "directing" my new adventure from a ****ing La-Z-Boy behind two monitors in the most sterile environments ever created by man while simultaneously being told how "great" my shitty product was by an army of sycophants and quite possibly, very possibly, the most single annoying and useless goddamned "producer" to ever crawl out of a Hollywood whore house but please, everyone; CONTINUE TO KISS MY ASS"!

"Hey, did ya' see my stellar work with Steven on "Indiana Jones and the Can Someone Get George Another Coffee and Donut While We're Trying To Make An Actual ****ing Film Here"?

"I sill got it, babee"!

-George

Fire Me Boy! 07-10-2016 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12309058)
"Hey, I had a great idea in 1973! Other people took it and made it even better( Kirsh, Kasdan ), then I wrote a back story that sucked more shit than a dairy farm sump-pump while "directing" my new adventure from a ****ing La-Z-Boy behind two monitors in the most sterile environments ever created by man while simultaneously being told how "great" my shitty product was by an army of sycophants and quite possibly, very possibly, the most single annoying and useless goddamned "producer" to ever crawl out of a Hollywood whore house but please, everyone; CONTINUE TO KISS MY ASS"!

"Hey, did ya' see my stellar work with Steven on "Indiana Jones and the Can Someone Get George Another Coffee and Donut While We're Trying To Make An Actual ****ing Film Here"?

"I sill got it, babee"!

-George

Well, this is hilarious. ROFL

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12309034)
He's not in Episode VIII.

The point being that characters from the animated series will appear in future Star Wars films.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12309413)
The point being that characters from the animated series will appear in future Star Wars films.

Until they appear in the main storyline I think they'll continue to stay away from prequel bullshit for good reasons.

You aren't going to see any of that shit woven into any main characters for sure.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12309552)
Until they appear in the main storyline I think they'll continue to stay away from prequel bullshit for good reasons.

You aren't going to see any of that shit woven into any main characters for sure.

All you have to know about SW is this:

Everything is Vader, Vader is everything.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12309552)

Hello, Saw Gerrera?

Hammock Parties 07-10-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12309584)
Hello, Saw Gerrera?

He is not in the main IV-IX storyline. They're free to put whatever in these anthology films because they're a different animal.

You're not going to see any prequel connections in Rey or anyone else.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12309601)
He is not in the main IV-IX storyline. They're free to put whatever in these anthology films because they're a different animal.

You're not going to see any prequel connections in Rey or anyone else.

You're wrong. Simon Kinberg has already confirmed we'll see characters from Rebels and TCW in upcoming movies.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12309606)
You're wrong. Simon Kinberg has already confirmed we'll see characters from Rebels and TCW in upcoming movies.

I'll be shocked if they make it into the main movies.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2016 11:52 AM

The only character anyone wants to see from the prequels is Ewan. And maybe an Ian-ghost.

The rest is pure shit.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12309625)
The only character anyone wants to see from the prequels is Ewan. And maybe an Ian-ghost.

The rest is pure shit.

Do you know how I know that you're over 40?