ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-29-2024 01:06 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Turn on the tape and watch the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> OL and DL go to work yesterday, and you will never again associate finesse with an Andy Reid coached football team. <br><br>And I stated this yesterday and will say this again.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> LB Drue Tranquill was the best player in the field when KC…</p>&mdash; Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/1752001480339402955?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TLO 01-29-2024 01:30 PM

I'd really like to have Tranquill back next year.

Rausch 01-29-2024 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 17375127)
I'd really like to have Tranquill back next year.

It's a must at this point...

Mecca 01-29-2024 01:32 PM

Tranquill has really found a home here, absolutely perfect fit in this scheme.

RINGLEADER 01-29-2024 01:34 PM

Posted this on another thread but probably should live here too:

Chiefs defense in three post-season games:

PPG: 13.7
YPG: 322.7
Passing YPG: 209.7
Rushing YPG: 113 (due entirely to the Bills 182 yard game)
Third Down Convert: 10/25

Niners defense in two post-season games:

PPG: 26.0
YPG: 386
Passing YPG: 227
Rushing YPG: 159 (5.68 ypc)
Third Down Convert: 13/25

If we get Pacheco going and Andy sticks with him it will be hard for the Niners to win.

RINGLEADER 01-29-2024 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17375132)
Tranquill has really found a home here, absolutely perfect fit in this scheme.

I hope there is some way to keep him but he probably played himself into a bigger deal with another team with a lot more cap space. Good for him but would love to keep him and Bolton along with Chanel.

Mecca 01-29-2024 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 17375135)
Posted this on another thread but probably should live here too:

Chiefs defense in three post-season games:

PPG: 13.7
YPG: 322.7
Passing YPG: 209.7
Rushing YPG: 113 (due entirely to the Bills 182 yard game)
Third Down Convert: 10/25

Niners defense in two post-season games:

PPG: 26.0
YPG: 386
Passing YPG: 227
Rushing YPG: 159 (5.68 ypc)
Third Down Convert: 13/25

If we get Pacheco going and Andy sticks with him it will be hard for the Niners to win.

Like I said their defense is predicated on playing from ahead and relying on Nick Bosa and Fred Warner to be superheroes.

They don't blitz, they play zone and expect their front 4 to get home, that's playing with fire against Mahomes.

Mecca 01-29-2024 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 17375139)
I hope there is some way to keep him but he probably played himself into a bigger deal with another team with a lot more cap space. Good for him but would love to keep him and Bolton along with Chanel.

Tranquill may be more affordable than Willie Gay is...

RaidersOftheCellar 01-29-2024 03:34 PM

From ESPN:

Gut reaction predictions

Aaron Schatz, NFL analyst: Chiefs. Their defense is playing very well, while the 49ers' defense has declined in recent weeks. Both running backs should have nice games, but only the Chiefs have Mahomes.

Dan Graziano, NFL national reporter: Chiefs. Every time I don't pick them, they seem to make me feel stupid. They keep finding ways to win.

Dan Orlovsky, NFL analyst: Chiefs. Mahomes always gives them an edge, and the defense is excellent.

Field Yates, NFL analyst: Chiefs. The Lions did a solid job of protecting Jared Goff in the NFC Championship Game, which I expect the Chiefs to be able to replicate. Even if they are unable to, Mahomes is undeterred by pressure and will lead the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl win in five years.

Jordan Reid, NFL draft analyst: Chiefs. San Francisco is looking to avenge its loss to the Chiefs from Super Bowl LIV, but I think Kansas City will once again be too much for the 49ers as they go on to win back-to-back titles.

Lindsey Thiry, NFL national reporter: Chiefs. You simply can't pick against Mahomes.

Marcus Spears, NFL analyst: Chiefs. Again, Mahomes is their QB ...

Matt Miller, NFL draft analyst: Chiefs. I like some of the situational matchups for San Francisco, but the playoffs are about the team with the best quarterback and head coach duo -- and that's Kansas City.

Seth Walder, analytics writer: 49ers. San Francisco's playmakers will be too overwhelming for Kansas City. There's a reason the Niners were the best offense all year long -- and they will be again on Super Bowl Sunday.

Seth Wickersham, NFL writer: 49ers. Shanahan's scars are finally healed.

Stephania Bell, NFL injury analyst: 49ers. Shanahan will use the lessons learned from giving up a lead (as well as the confidence gained Sunday night that they can come back from behind) to pull out a win.

DRM08 01-29-2024 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 17375467)
From ESPN:

Gut reaction predictions

Aaron Schatz, NFL analyst: Chiefs. Their defense is playing very well, while the 49ers' defense has declined in recent weeks. Both running backs should have nice games, but only the Chiefs have Mahomes.

Dan Graziano, NFL national reporter: Chiefs. Every time I don't pick them, they seem to make me feel stupid. They keep finding ways to win.

Dan Orlovsky, NFL analyst: Chiefs. Mahomes always gives them an edge, and the defense is excellent.

Field Yates, NFL analyst: Chiefs. The Lions did a solid job of protecting Jared Goff in the NFC Championship Game, which I expect the Chiefs to be able to replicate. Even if they are unable to, Mahomes is undeterred by pressure and will lead the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl win in five years.

Jordan Reid, NFL draft analyst: Chiefs. San Francisco is looking to avenge its loss to the Chiefs from Super Bowl LIV, but I think Kansas City will once again be too much for the 49ers as they go on to win back-to-back titles.

Lindsey Thiry, NFL national reporter: Chiefs. You simply can't pick against Mahomes.

Marcus Spears, NFL analyst: Chiefs. Again, Mahomes is their QB ...

Matt Miller, NFL draft analyst: Chiefs. I like some of the situational matchups for San Francisco, but the playoffs are about the team with the best quarterback and head coach duo -- and that's Kansas City.

Seth Walder, analytics writer: 49ers. San Francisco's playmakers will be too overwhelming for Kansas City. There's a reason the Niners were the best offense all year long -- and they will be again on Super Bowl Sunday.

Seth Wickersham, NFL writer: 49ers. Shanahan's scars are finally healed.

Stephania Bell, NFL injury analyst: 49ers. Shanahan will use the lessons learned from giving up a lead (as well as the confidence gained Sunday night that they can come back from behind) to pull out a win.

Well damn. I prefer when 80% of the pundits are giving the Chiefs no chance to win. They are great in the underdog role. Hopefully 2 weeks of bloviating will have these pundit folks leaning harder for the 49ers and help give some extra fuel to the fire on the Chiefs side.

Hammock Parties 01-29-2024 03:37 PM

a 6-1 midget

throwing to midgets

is not beating this defense

Gary Cooper 01-29-2024 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17375142)
Tranquill may be more affordable than Willie Gay is...

He's 2 1/2 years older than Gay so that would make sense.

Chieftain 01-29-2024 03:51 PM

Whiners defense against the run was BAD yesterday and it has been suspect all season long. Pacheco should see heavy usage. Their secondary is very average as well. I saw plenty of empty pockets where the Lions receivers were feasting all game long.

chiefzilla1501 01-29-2024 03:59 PM

The buzz was that we are a run funnel defense but we stopped an elite run attack last week. I suspect we will do the same in SF. We will force them to beat us with purdy and we’re going to put a lot of pressure on him. Their defense has all the talent in the world but i dont know if wilks is it. Bad playoff defense so far and let’s not forget that prior to sf going big on guys like chase young, that defense was on a very serious downslide.

Unlike Baltimore when we get up early we gotta keep our foot on the gas. We’ve seen sf come back from 2 improbable deficits already.

DRM08 01-29-2024 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain (Post 17375499)
Whiners defense against the run was BAD yesterday and it has been suspect all season long. Pacheco should see heavy usage. Their secondary is very average as well. I saw plenty of empty pockets where the Lions receivers were feasting all game long.

49ers Secondary allowed a lot of very open receivers for both Green Bay & Detroit. If Detroit could catch the football and their coach didn't make some boneheaded choices, the Lions win that game.