ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are signing Orlando Scandrick (1-year, $1.5 million) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316867)

Chargem 09-20-2018 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13746993)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dee Ford vs. Big Ben (<a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>)<br>5 total pressures (1 QB hit, 4 QB hurries)<br><br>Dee Ford on season (<a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>)<br>9 total pressures, tied for sixth in NFL among EDGE rushers</p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1042130437102075904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 18, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dee Ford is 47th among edge rushers on pass rush productivity (the % of rushes resulting in pressure), per PFF.

bricks 09-20-2018 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 13747206)
Dee Ford is 47th among edge rushers on pass rush productivity (the % of rushes resulting in pressure), per PFF.

He’s just simply not that good. They need to draft some passrushers in the off-season to hopefully replace either him or Houston. Both have been disappointing.

farmerchief 09-20-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13747142)
Maybe not but it seems like Ford is the only guy getting into the backfield much at all. He never seems to finish but he gets back there.

Maybe if he practices and learns to YELL real loud, since hes back there so quick, he can scare the QB into thinking he may get sacked!:hmmm:

Lzen 09-20-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13745180)
Ragland should never ever play in any type of passing down so he really should have sat that whole game and Murray is just a bum.

O'Daniel not playing when a team throws 60 times is either A he isn't progressing or B the coaches refuse to play a rookie early.

At this point I don't think Armani Watts could be any worse than Murray he is just always out of position, always late.

Murray is not usually out of position. It's just that he's always a step behind his man. I wonder if he just doesn't have the athletic ability to keep up or if his mind is not quick enough to read the route. Yeah, I like the idea of putting Watts in there instead of Murray. Hopefully, the Chiefs coaching staff soon realizes that may be a better solution.

Lzen 09-20-2018 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13745190)
What the **** was this draft even? I thought atleast Nnamdi would be good but he hadn't done much. Veach is going to be Ryan Grigson.

Oh for God's sake, give it a little time. :rolleyes: Most rookies are not ready to come in and start right away. I would bet that we will start seeing them play more as the season progresses.

OKchiefs 09-20-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13747316)
Oh for God's sake, give it a little time. :rolleyes: Most rookies are not ready to come in and start right away. I would bet that we will start seeing them play more as the season progresses.

That's understandable, but I'd argue the ceiling of this draft was always going to be low. Part of that is because they didn't have a 1st round pick, but there are numerous players taken in the 2nd and 3rd round who are already showing flashes on other teams. I hope this is just a one year anomaly, because we're in trouble if every draft turns out to be a bunch of role players without any playmakers in the bunch.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13747100)
well, again, they're dropping him in coverage all too often.

He's getting stood straight up by backup RTs (or was it the LT). You can single him up and stop him.

He's getting dropped into coverage because we aren't going to routinely send 5, he's better in space than Ford and Ford is probably better at getting after the passer than he is.

The 'stop dropping Houston into coverage' thing has run its course. I think the staff knows that he's simply not the difference maker off the edge he used to be. So on plays where they send 5 - sure, send 'em both. But if you're just using 4 to try to generate pressure, the smart play is putting Houston in coverage and sending Ford.

OKchiefs 09-20-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13747536)
He's getting stood straight up by backup RTs (or was it the LT). You can single him up and stop him.

He's getting dropped into coverage because we aren't going to routinely send 5, he's better in space than Ford and Ford is probably better at getting after the passer than he is.

The 'stop dropping Houston into coverage' thing has run its course. I think the staff knows that he's simply not the difference maker off the edge he used to be. So on plays where they send 5 - sure, send 'em both. But if you're just using 4 to try to generate pressure, the smart play is putting Houston in coverage and sending Ford.

If that's the case then Houston absolutely has to be cut after this season, or at least have his contract renegotiated. You can't pay $20 million for a linebacker who doesn't rush the passer.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13747543)
If that's the case then Houston absolutely has to be cut after this season, or at least have his contract renegotiated. You can't pay $20 million for a linebacker who doesn't rush the passer.

I don't think that's even a question. Of course he needs to be released or take a significant paycut.

The guy may find a second wind and make me look like an asshole, but the dude I saw last year and for the first 2 games of this season is probably more efficiently used in space.

If you look at Houston as the traditional "SAM" linebacker, you're probably about right. I have always felt that the SAM's responsibilities center on effectively setting the edge and being capable in coverage. The WILL, OTOH, has a little more freedom to operate being on the weak side; can freelance a bit more and make plays so you look for a guy with more pass-rush ability there because the secondary weaknesses are as easily exploited.

Sutton treats Houston like a traditional SAM and Ford like a traditional WILL. Given their respective strength's and weaknesses, that's probably the way to go.

htismaqe 09-20-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13747310)
Murray is not usually out of position. It's just that he's always a step behind his man. I wonder if he just doesn't have the athletic ability to keep up or if his mind is not quick enough to read the route. Yeah, I like the idea of putting Watts in there instead of Murray. Hopefully, the Chiefs coaching staff soon realizes that may be a better solution.

Murray actually is out of position, a lot. He's just not a good football player, at all. Very very low football IQ.

htismaqe 09-20-2018 10:41 AM

left nut basically already said everything I wanted to say.

O.city 09-20-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13747536)

I dunno. He's still looked good this season to me. Maybe I'm seeing what I wanna see. He bench pressed the RT into Ben for a sack strip on the penalty.

htismaqe 09-20-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13747636)
I dunno. He's still looked good this season to me. Maybe I'm seeing what I wanna see. He bench pressed the RT into Ben for a sack strip on the penalty.

He wasn't the only one that got there on that play.

O.city 09-20-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13747646)
He wasn't the only one that got there on that play.

ok?

htismaqe 09-20-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13747669)
ok?

The only time he's really applied pressure, it was because of a bigger breakdown on the o-line. He's not beating his man straight up much at all.