ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2017 NBA Off Season Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308365)

PAChiefsGuy 07-03-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12941769)
Over/Under on jerseys burned this time?

Lol... I don't think it will be as bad as before if he does leave again. He did bring the city their first championship in a couple centuries..

staylor26 07-03-2017 11:16 AM

Lebron is gone in 2018

penbrook 07-03-2017 11:52 AM

Yep they failed to give what Lebron wanted. Gilbert can **** off. And everyone that ought Clark Hunt was a bad owner well look no further than Da͏n Gilbert

Hoopsdoc 07-03-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12941697)
Not true. Lakers showed Kobe loyalty. They paid him a boatload of money at the end of his career when he clearly was not worth it and was already rich as hell. Plenty of other examples.

Pretty sure Paul George was upset Pacers tried to trade him before and that is why he is leaving..

You shut the hell up. First of all I'm not a Thunder fan so I am not crying at all. I have a right to not like Kevin Durant. You have a right to not care if he left for the Warriors. It's not like I am saying the guy should be burned at the stake or that all of you have to agree with my opinion. IMO it was a b**ch move anyway you try to spin it.

I'm not saying he owes OKC anything. They paid him for those years and he played for them. It was a business transaction but to leave OKC for a 73-9 team, he took the easy way out. No one is going to be impressed by Durant winning rings w the Warriors.

I can only imagine the hate LeBron would get if he did exactly what Durant did but because Durant is not LeBron it is OK. Give me a break.

Kobe was like Jordan, an all time great. You can't treat him like you would every other guy, the fans won't have it.

And I'm not saying it never happens, just that it's quite rare.

And the Pacers weren't actively trying to trade PG at the deadline. As far as I know, Boston came to Indy with that offer. At that time, they were still trying to add pieces to keep PG happy. Which they failed miserably at, BTW.

Hoopsdoc 07-03-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12941774)
Lebron is gone in 2018

I'm guessing Lebron, PG, and maybe Carmelo go to LA next summer.

RobBlake 07-03-2017 12:39 PM

Indy should have taken bostons offer

-King- 07-03-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12941801)
Yep they failed to give what Lebron wanted. Gilbert can **** off. And everyone that ought Clark Hunt was a bad owner well look no further than Da͏n Gilbert

Gilbert is shitty but he gave LeBron everything he wanted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Bundy 07-03-2017 04:29 PM

Durant is back.. 2 years 53 million.

BWillie 07-03-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 12942116)
Durant is back.. 2 years 53 million.

Warriors are set to have to pay about 212 million dollars in luxury tax in 2019. I do not know how they will do it. They have to have that cash on hand too, not in installments. Crazy how any owner would just do that, but if it means championships and that is cost effective compared to the bottom line, I guess. Back up the Brinks truck.

Al Bundy 07-03-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12942126)
Warriors are set to have to pay about 212 million dollars in luxury tax in 2019. I do not know how they will do it. They have to have that cash on hand too, not in installments. Crazy how any owner would just do that, but if it means championships and that is cost effective compared to the bottom line, I guess. Back up the Brinks truck.

Will be worth it.

mcaj22 07-03-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12942126)

by that time they will have made BILLIONS off these championship runs.

So that is more than worth it for them. The players they have are very marketable, they all sell, they all appeal to different NBA fan demographics. It's not just Lebron James and then a bunch of whatever.

Each player literally has their own fan base. Klay was just in China? He looks like a god over there.

BWillie 07-03-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 12942211)
by that time they will have made BILLIONS off these championship runs.

So that is more than worth it for them. The players they have are very marketable, they all sell, they all appeal to different NBA fan demographics. It's not just Lebron James and then a bunch of whatever.

Each player literally has their own fan base. Klay was just in China? He looks like a god over there.

This is what the luxury tax was paid by teams in 2016:
Cleveland 54 million (which is basically unheard of thus far)
Clippers 19 million
Golden State 14 million
Oklahoma City 14 million
San Antonio 5 million
Houston 5 million
Chicago 4 million

The other 23 teams didn't pay anything.

KC_Connection 07-03-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12941774)
Lebron is gone in 2018

Yep, I'm thinking next summer is the time when LeBron, CP3, and Carmelo finally get together on one team. Looks like they've set it up that way. Add PG to that mix in LA and you might have something pretty good (although they'll be pretty old by May/June 2019 when they'll need to beat the Warriors).

BWillie 07-03-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 12942228)
Yep, I'm thinking next summer is the time when LeBron, CP3, and Carmelo finally get together on one team. Looks like they've set it up that way. Add PG to that mix in LA and you might have something pretty good (although they'll be pretty old by May/June 2019 when they'll need to beat the Warriors).

So it'll be like the movie Last Vegas? Bunch of old guys on their last hurrah.

BigCatDaddy 07-03-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12942235)
So it'll be like the movie Last Vegas? Bunch of old guys on their last hurrah.

Reminds me of the Drexler/Barkley/Hakeem Rockets