ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Indiana Jones 5: First Details (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338387)

Hammock Parties 05-19-2023 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16951574)
It was boring garbage.

Teenage angst the movie.

you are a child

Pepe Silvia 05-19-2023 07:04 PM

Does he still use his whip and smash people in the face?

Sassy Squatch 05-19-2023 07:05 PM

To each their own but I remember the only criticism I had for The Batman is that it was a tad bit bloated. Other than that it was excellent IMO.

Tribal Warfare 05-19-2023 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16951566)
Spielberg loved it.

He's being amicable to Kathleen, his former assistant who married a producer and adjunctly started Amblin with Spielberg.

Hammock Parties 05-19-2023 09:55 PM

shut your filthy mouth this is going to be good

Tribal Warfare 05-19-2023 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16951757)
shut your filthy mouth this is going to be good

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ind...ial_of_destiny

Still at 50%

Mephistopheles Janx 05-19-2023 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16951566)
Spielberg loved it.

I honestly and truthfully hope, for you, that it is the best of the series yet.

BigRichard 05-20-2023 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16951760)

I kind of want it to bomb just because **** Disney and **** Kathleen Kennedy and anything they touch at this point but unless it is audience score I really don't care. Audience scores more often align with my views than the critics scores.

Bowser 05-20-2023 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16951760)

52% now!

It feels like the reviewers that didn't like it were being very nit-picky in their criticisms; none of them HATED it, just didn't like certain elements that in their own mind they couldn't get around. I think there was one guy that said the movie was unnecessary, the rest were all "but if only THIS had happened" kind of takes. So basically, this news does not make me want to skip this movie.

Bowser 05-20-2023 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 16951862)
I kind of want it to bomb just because **** Disney and **** Kathleen Kennedy and anything they touch at this point but unless it is audience score I really don't care. Audience scores more often align with my views than the critics scores.

Yeah, I get this. if it does bomb, I can see her being out with no questions - that would be two legacy can't miss franchises she'd have been involved with that ended up getting dicked up under her watch.

I just want this movie to be better than Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom. At LEAST better than Crystal Skull, and that shouldn't be impossible to ask.

Hammock Parties 05-20-2023 11:21 AM

**** all of you!

Quote:

A MacGuffin is meant to be just that, an object that characters chase after in a story. What it is and what it does, doesn’t usually matter. Surprisingly, it does ... and gives the movie its absolutely bonkers, jaw-dropping climax.
Quote:

The damn thing is fun. Mangold may not have the young Spielberg’s musical flair for extravagant action choreography (who does?), but he is a tougher, leaner director, using a tighter frame and keeping his camera close.
Quote:

... fine fan fiction, employing much of what makes this character so special play out in new ways while very much embracing the past. When it works it's excellent, when it doesn't you still revel in companionship of old friends.

Hammock Parties 05-20-2023 11:23 AM

Nice. Very nice.

Quote:

John Williams is nearly as pivotal to the franchise as Harrison Ford and contributes another rambunctious, busy score. There are several new melodies alongside returning favorites and the music has been mixed in at an appreciable level of volume so that it is not drowned by the sound effects.

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-20-2023 11:25 AM

Crystal Skull had the same early glowing reviews.

Hammock Parties 05-20-2023 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16951968)
Crystal Skull had the same early glowing reviews.

you're full of shit

Hammock Parties 05-20-2023 11:45 AM

We're at 52% now, and we will go NO LOWER.

The elitist sacrosanct ****s at Cannes can **** RIGHT OFF!