ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

RealSNR 01-24-2020 12:37 PM

Is 49ers fan seriously suggesting that his team would be able to waltz up to the #1 overall pick to draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021? "Oh, don't get me wrong, I KNOW how expensive it would be. It would be like... at least a future 1st rounder. Maybe even two!"

Dude, try your entire 2021 draft. And all of 2022's draft. And first rounders in 2023 and 2024. You probably need to also throw in the 2nds and 3rds from those drafts, too. And one of your young DL. Then you MIGHT approach just the POINT VALUE it would take. You have to add on top of that the value of Trevor Lawrence himself.

No, sir. You DON'T understand what it takes to move up that far. By even suggesting it's a possibility, it's clear that you have no clue what it would actually take. And even then, I don't think the team who holds the #1 overall pick would take that deal.

FloridaMan88 01-24-2020 12:38 PM

Kelce back at practice today...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Travis Kelce is back to practice today in Chiefs final KC practice this season <a href="https://t.co/aZ2KQsbRdq">pic.twitter.com/aZ2KQsbRdq</a></p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1220766373821009920?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ptlyon 01-24-2020 12:40 PM

Final practice?

anaheimkcfan 01-24-2020 12:43 PM

Rewatching Super Bowl XXXIX...

In spite of all those turnovers they had, Reid had guys open all over the place all game against a very good defense that was getting to McNabb pretty quickly.

Cant wait to see what he dials up with Pat

DJ's left nut 01-24-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14749433)
Is 49ers fan seriously suggesting that his team would be able to waltz up to the #1 overall pick to draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021? "Oh, don't get me wrong, I KNOW how expensive it would be. It would be like... at least a future 1st rounder. Maybe even two!"

Dude, try your entire 2021 draft. And all of 2022's draft. And first rounders in 2023 and 2024. You probably need to also throw in the 2nds and 3rds from those drafts, too. And one of your young DL. Then you MIGHT approach just the POINT VALUE it would take. You have to add on top of that the value of Trevor Lawrence himself.

No, sir. You DON'T understand what it takes to move up that far. By even suggesting it's a possibility, it's clear that you have no clue what it would actually take. And even then, I don't think the team who holds the #1 overall pick would take that deal.

Like I said - Madden mentality.

In Madden you can pretty much ALWAYS give up a 1,2,3 and next years 1 to move up to 1.1 because the algorithm just does basic math focused on the value of the picks and not the player himself.

Nobody's trading the most valuable 1.1 since the Luck draft. Or the Manning draft before that.

You want to work your way up to the spot AFTER Lawrence? Yeah, that could be done. At great cost, but it might happen.

But to get Lawrence simply isn't possible because whatever the 49ers would be willing to give up in terms of overall number of picks, some other team would do it as well but with each pick having higher short/long term value due to the team being higher in the draft order and having an organization that hasn't established itself as being as strong as S.Fs.

The only chance is to get a pick this season that turns into 1.1 through happenstance or to suck on their own.

Clyde Frog 01-24-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14749439)
Final practice?

Final KC practice. They're going to MIA for practice next week.

ptlyon 01-24-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14749451)
Final KC practice. They're going to MIA for practice next week.

Makes sense, thanks!

DRM08 01-24-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 14749312)
Yeah i mean they took a SERIOUS swing at winning the SB and put together a scary, scary team..and lost to Tom Brady.

They almost had to do it IMO....if they wouldve won that ring, no one would second guess them takeing that home run swing

Brady did not hold the Rams to 3 points. Belichick deserves all the credit for that. Brady did not exactly light up the scoreboard.

The Franchise 01-24-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14749433)

And it would take a team that absolutely does not need a QB at that point. And even then....a team that was at 3 or 4 that needed a QB would be more valuable to trade with because the team at 1 wouldn’t be moving down that far.

seamonster 01-24-2020 12:50 PM

I noticed two things about Kyle Shannahan when he was the O coordinator for the skins:

Shanahan had a Tod Hailey-like demeanor. He either overthunk things in crunch time or would whig out like a psycho.

And he SUCKED at game planning during the bi week. I distinctly remember Kyle getting housed-on multiple times coming out of the bi. and when I looked it up the only time he won coming out of the bi with the redskins was when RGIII was quarterback during the magical 2012 season. Otherwise his game plans were poop.

Should bode well for the Chiefs.

MIAdragon 01-24-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14749439)
Final practice?

In KC

The Franchise 01-24-2020 12:53 PM

It will be interesting to see what Shanahan does if the 49ers get a lead. He’s obviously shown that he’ll keep running the ball because of what happened in the SB that the Falcons lost. But even that’s not safe with Mahomes.....unless their defense has finally figured out what every other coach hasn’t and that’s shut down Pat when he’s healthy.

Ebolapox 01-24-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

If your team starts making Superbowls regularly you'll learn that accomplishments without Superbowl wins mean nothing.
Bro, like we did not know that after 50 years nothing with bare misses?!? **** off

DJ's left nut 01-24-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14749477)
It will be interesting to see what Shanahan does if the 49ers get a lead. He’s obviously shown that he’ll keep running the ball because of what happened in the SB that the Falcons lost. But even that’s not safe with Mahomes.....unless their defense has finally figured out what every other coach hasn’t and that’s shut down Pat when he’s healthy.

Depends on what gets them the lead.

This isn't a game where either team is likely to clearly just overpower the other and run away with it. So if the 9ers find a wrinkle that works and pushes them to a 10+ point lead, I think that's what they have to keep doing.

You have 60 minutes left in your season and nothing you put on tape is going to matter next season. Let it all hang out. If Shanahan finds a way to exploit the the absence of Thornhill and the heavy feet of our LB corps by passing over the middle to build a lead, he should keep doing that, IMO. If he's dialing up runs that are breaking off the edges and THAT'S how they get the lead, then he'll obviously keep doing that.

I'd say the time for switching horses mid-stream is past us and that includes Andy. If you have a 13 point lead in the 2nd half because you were slinging the ball, then keep slinging the damn ball.

The key to milking a lead isn't just running the football and snapping with 2 seconds on the play clock. It's getting 1st downs. And if you're getting those in the air, keep get'n 'em.

DJ's left nut 01-24-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 14749485)
Bro, like we did not know that after 50 years nothing with bare misses?!? **** off

Can anything fall flatter than a 49er fan being condescending?

These guys have had 3 meaningful seasons since Jeff Garcia left town. Yeah, tell me more about your time as NFL royalty back when Reagan was in office...

"Man, if only you guys could've had the feeling of winning with no salary cap and having an owner doing everything he could to win - including go to federal prison..."

Just cuts me to the quick...