ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs announce news conference on planned Arrowhead renovations (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352532)

cmh6476 02-28-2024 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17421483)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This new proposal is going over like a lead balloon with Chiefs fans <a href="https://t.co/ejp7K9hJur">https://t.co/ejp7K9hJur</a></p>&mdash; ����‼️ (@LanceTHESPOKEN) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceTHESPOKEN/status/1762899242635436440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I see this is going over well.

is this what irony looks like?

KingPriest2 02-28-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balto (Post 17421401)
So the plan is to start after the World Cup around 2030?

If that's the case $800M won't sound as much in 6 years as it does now.

Dear lord. 2030? Lol where on earth you get that

WC is 2026. They’ll start in 2027 go thru 29 maybe 30. They want to finished by 2039. For sure 2032

Titty Meat 02-28-2024 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17421483)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This new proposal is going over like a lead balloon with Chiefs fans <a href="https://t.co/ejp7K9hJur">https://t.co/ejp7K9hJur</a></p>&mdash; ����‼️ (@LanceTHESPOKEN) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceTHESPOKEN/status/1762899242635436440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I see this is going over well.

Never under estimate the stupid KC voter. They don't have awful roads, poor education, and high crime for nothing.

Eleazar 02-28-2024 02:49 PM

Just seems like a meh-burger, adding things that the average fan won’t care much about.

DaFace 02-28-2024 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 17421591)
Just seems like a meh-burger, adding things that the average fan won’t care much about.

I think it speaks to the fact that there's only so much more they can really do with a 50+ year old stadium. The location isn't near enough to other attractions to support an entertainment district like SoFi (and that's kind of what the Royals are trying to do anyway). You can't add much more weight to Arrowhead given the underlying structure, so that leaves limited room to expand anything.

The outdoor stuff seems cool I guess? Not $800m cool, but it'd be nice to have a spot as a visitor to explore other than just wandering the parking lot and talking to random tailgaters.

But yeah, overall this doesn't seem particularly exciting. 95% of the game-day experience seems like it would be the same.

Red Dawg 02-28-2024 04:05 PM

Don't care. We win is all that matters anyway.

wazu 02-28-2024 04:10 PM

Just give it to them so we can STFU for another couple of decades.

Raiderhater 02-28-2024 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17421649)
I think it speaks to the fact that there's only so much more they can really do with a 50+ year old stadium. The location isn't near enough to other attractions to support an entertainment district like SoFi (and that's kind of what the Royals are trying to do anyway). You can't add much more weight to Arrowhead given the underlying structure, so that leaves limited room to expand anything.

The outdoor stuff seems cool I guess? Not $800m cool, but it'd be nice to have a spot as a visitor to explore other than just wandering the parking lot and talking to random tailgaters.

But yeah, overall this doesn't seem particularly exciting. 95% of the game-day experience seems like it would be the same.

That can be some of the best fun.

BigRedChief 02-28-2024 05:27 PM

Chiefs taking flak about only white people in the ads and media.

Stewie 02-28-2024 05:53 PM

Too funny. This is lip service. They aren't doing this. They're building a new stadium at the Legends.

Pablo 02-28-2024 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17421448)
Voting No

Commit voter fraud and make it x2 for me dawg

Pablo 02-28-2024 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 17421865)
Too funny. This is lip service. They aren't doing this. They're building a new stadium at the Legends.

Chiefs out at Legends. Royals up in North KC

Wins all around.

excessive 02-28-2024 05:57 PM

There was an implied threat by Clark. If the vote doesn't pass, they have contingency plans in place, which includes not signing a new lease when the current one is up.

excessive 02-28-2024 05:58 PM

There was an implied threat by Clark. If the vote doesn't pass, they have contingency plans in place, which includes not signing a new lease when the current one is up. On second thought, maybe that was a direct threat.

comochiefsfan 02-28-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17421873)
Chiefs out at Legends. Royals up in North KC

Wins all around.

Yuck

cmh6476 02-28-2024 06:16 PM

There was an implied threat by Clark. If the vote doesn't pass, they have contingency plans in place, which includes not signing a new lease when the current one is up. On second thought, maybe that was a direct threat.

BigRedChief 02-28-2024 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 17421895)

all these things come down to the last minute. After all the threats have been made and a vote has failed, then they get serious.

Surprised Clark already went to the threat. The threat is about moving out to the racetrack not moving the team to San Antonio. Still a threat though.

Titty Meat 02-28-2024 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17421871)
Commit voter fraud and make it x2 for me dawg

Oh you don't live in the shit hole north part of Jack Co? But they got breweries!

KCUnited 02-28-2024 06:30 PM

Team that is a forever loser going YOLO with their plans

Team on the verge of history is building a porch with the worst viewing angle

Titty Meat 02-28-2024 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow......

comochiefsfan 02-28-2024 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17422003)
Wow......

LMAO

It’s seriously offensive that they think people will buy this.

HonestChieffan 02-28-2024 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17419381)
I am kinda excited to see what the Hunts have planned and what if anything they plan to do with old Royals Stadium if the tax extension passes. I know a lot here want that rolling roof but I feel that ship sailed. We will see!

Rolling roof wont ever happen, Clark talked about that in Vegas.

ChiefsFanatic 02-28-2024 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17421911)
Team that is a forever loser going YOLO with their plans

Team on the verge of history is building a porch with the worst viewing angle

This is the most underwhelming, disappointing shit. I honestly think Clark Hunt should be embarrassed that this is what his team came up with for $800 million dollars.

I am being serious when I say a college architectural design class at a community college could have made something better as part of a midterm project.

I don't know why, but I feel pissed off. $800 million for this shit?

Clark Hunt is a smart team owner and businessman. However, his attachment to Arrowhead is now becoming a huge flaw. I wouldn't even vote for this shit if it somehow included a roof for the stadium.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-28-2024 07:40 PM

It’s craptastic.

DaFace 02-28-2024 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17422006)
LMAO

It’s seriously offensive that they think people will buy this.

Concrete is way more technical than people understand, so that seems believable to me. Shitty concrete from the 90s added hundreds of millions of dollars in costs and multiple years of delays to the Denver airport's terminal renovations.

BWillie 02-28-2024 07:55 PM

At least pump some money into improving the illustrious Taco Bell

Titty Meat 02-28-2024 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17422027)
Concrete is way more technical than people understand, so that seems believable to me. Shitty concrete from the 90s added hundreds of millions of dollars in costs and multiple years of delays to the Denver airport's terminal renovations.

We know it's not true
https://www.kmbc.com/article/enginee...ficiencies.%22

BWillie 02-28-2024 07:59 PM

I no longer want the Royals to move. I just assumed if they were to stay they would develop the area.

KCUnited 02-28-2024 08:01 PM

Who’s paying to demolish the K?

KCUnited 02-28-2024 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17422040)
I no longer want the Royals to move. I just assumed if they were to stay they would develop the area.

It’s a ****ing wasteland of nothingness 15 minutes away from P&L

BWillie 02-28-2024 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17422045)
It’s a ****ing wasteland of nothingness 15 minutes away from P&L

Move the Chiefs to where Kemper/Hy-Vee Arena is and develop that area

KCUnited 02-28-2024 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17422049)
Move the Chiefs to where Kemper/Hy-Vee Arena is and develop that area

Another wasteland

There’s only so many hayseeds that can support an entertainment district

BWillie 02-28-2024 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17422056)
Another wasteland

It is a wasteland but at least it's near downtown and centrally located. If you revitalize that area it at least means something for the city. Also when Chiefs aren't playing people can easily get down there via Uber/Lyft and you could expand the streetcar to that area.

-King- 02-28-2024 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 17422017)
This is the most underwhelming, disappointing shit. I honestly think Clark Hunt should be embarrassed that this is what his team came up with for $800 million dollars.

I am being serious when I say a college architectural design class at a community college could have made something better as part of a midterm project.

I don't know why, but I feel pissed off. $800 million for this shit?

Clark Hunt is a smart team owner and businessman. However, his attachment to Arrowhead is now becoming a huge flaw. I wouldn't even vote for this shit if it somehow included a roof for the stadium.

I'm just mad that these seem like normal upgrades that he should have been able to afford himself. At least that would have bought him some good will with the fans. If you're going to ask people to give 60% of the funding, at least make it cool and exciting.

tk13 02-28-2024 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excessive (Post 17421878)

I think that's exactly what will happen. It's why the Chiefs threw themselves in the ring and leaked whatever they leaked to Sam McDowell to write that article a couple months ago when it looked like Frank White was going to torpedo the whole thing. If this doesn't pass you have to imagine Kansas will try and draw the teams away.

BigRedChief 02-28-2024 08:47 PM

VIP access road to be built to the new parking deck next to the stadium. How rich do you have to be to use that?

srvy 02-28-2024 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 17422064)
I'm just mad that these seem like normal upgrades that he should have been able to afford himself. At least that would have bought him some good will with the fans. If you're going to ask people to give 60% of the funding, at least make it cool and exciting.

Its not his stadium he signed a lease. Would you pour money into a home that you rent?

Strongside 02-28-2024 10:16 PM

Not gonna lie…this is super ****ing lame. The last round of renovations (also promised as a facelift that would last a generation) felt like a significant improvement. That was only 2010.

This feels like spending almost a billion dollars on parking and some stupid ass seats no fans who care about the actual game would ever want. You can’t see shit from field level.

I very much feel like the chiefs shook hands with the Royals on this as a good faith thing to make it look like they were being good neighbors, but that the chiefs preference would be a standalone deal for a new stadium.

They phoned this the **** in.

-King- 02-28-2024 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17422165)
Not gonna lie…this is super ****ing lame. The last round of renovations (also promised as a facelift that would last a generation) felt like a significant improvement. That was only 2010.

This feels like spending almost a billion dollars on parking and some stupid ass seats no fans who care about the actual game would ever want. You can’t see shit from field level.

I very much feel like the chiefs shook hands with the Royals on this as a good faith thing to make it look like they were being good neighbors, but that the chiefs preference would be a standalone deal for a new stadium.

They phoned this the **** in.

I doubt the royals are happy with this either. This did nothing to help the vote.

Eleazar 02-28-2024 11:46 PM

Personally I would rather the Chiefs had come with a much larger proposal for an entirely new stadium than a proposal to spend this amount of money on stuff that seems pretty unimpressive.

cmh6476 02-29-2024 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 17422191)
I doubt the royals are happy with this either. This did nothing to help the vote.

Count me in the underwhelmed camp

BigRedChief 02-29-2024 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 17422204)
Count me in the underwhelmed camp

This proposal as it is now, is going nowhere.

Bearcat 02-29-2024 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17422056)
Another wasteland

Driving over the 12th Street bridge gives the Chiefs another F- for "getting to practice and games"...

<iframe src="https://gifer.com/embed/7cqc" width=480 height=270.000 frameBorder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Mecca 02-29-2024 09:49 AM

I'm not sure why they would want to do this when in 20 years they'll want a new stadium just build the new one now?

Pablo 02-29-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17422462)
I'm not sure why they would want to do this when in 20 years they'll want a new stadium just build the new one now?

Would you wait to bilk taxpayers out of hundreds of millions if you could improve the experience for your rich friends in a few years?

Mecca 02-29-2024 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17422562)
Would you wait to bilk taxpayers out of hundreds of millions if you could improve the experience for your rich friends in a few years?

I mean that is a fair point considering almost all of the reno plans have to do with making the game experience better for rich people.

My favorite is how part of the plan is to expand the gigantic parking lot instead of putting some other things around the stadium.

ChiefsCountry 02-29-2024 10:47 AM

Chiefs will ask for a new stadium once they start doing renovations for the World Cup. That will uncover problems with the stadium.

Pablo 02-29-2024 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17422564)
I mean that is a fair point considering almost all of the reno plans have to do with making the game experience better for rich people.

My favorite is how part of the plan is to expand the gigantic parking lot instead of putting some other things around the stadium.

It’s great if you’re a VIP. Spend some time and money at the (Debit Card) Activation Zone then get on your escalator and hang out in the Club before you saunter to your end zone suite and don’t watch the game. Poor folks up top at least get heat in the concourses so that was thoughtful.

Strongside covered this earlier in the thread. The royals called in the Calvary to push this vote along and they deserve the shit plan the chiefs put forth.

Mecca 02-29-2024 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17422572)
It’s great if you’re a VIP. Spend some time and money at the (Debit Card) Activation Zone then get on your escalator and hang out in the Club before you saunter to your end zone suite and don’t watch the game. Poor folks up top at least get heat in the concourses so that was thoughtful.

Strongside covered this earlier in the thread. The royals called in the Calvary to push this vote along and they deserve the shit plan the chiefs put forth.

The Chiefs are hitting a point where average person can't go to games anyway so of course it's for rich people.

DaFace 02-29-2024 11:10 AM

I didn't watch the actual presentation, but these images at least give a better idea of the minor(ish) things that are included.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs released renderings today of proposed renovations to Arrowhead Stadium following the hopeful passage of a sales tax initiative in April. Read more about the proposed renovations: <a href="https://t.co/KSMkYHoTdb">https://t.co/KSMkYHoTdb</a><br><br>Photos courtesy of Chiefs/Populous <a href="https://t.co/aCtkFIeWgZ">pic.twitter.com/aCtkFIeWgZ</a></p>&mdash; KOMU 8 News (@KOMUnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/KOMUnews/status/1762919380256539081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fish 02-29-2024 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17422572)

Take your religion to DC!! :D

FloridaMan88 02-29-2024 11:13 AM

It’s almost like the Chiefs are deliberately putting forth an underwhelming proposal that will fail at the ballot box so they can then go outside of Jackson County with a new proposal that is separate from the Royals.

I am being facetious, but damn… could you have any more of an underwhelming proposal than this?

-King- 02-29-2024 11:13 AM

I don't think "new parking orientation" should ever be highlighted when asking people for money. It just draws attention to how much they're reaching to show the supposed improvements

Mecca 02-29-2024 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 17422610)
I don't think "new parking orientation" should ever be highlighted when asking people for money. It just draws attention to how much they're reaching to show the supposed improvements

You know what we need in this massive parking lot, the type of parking lot that has become outdated and an eyesore? More parking just like it!

DaFace 02-29-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17422609)
It’s almost like the Chiefs are deliberately putting forth an underwhelming proposal that will fail at the ballot box so they can then go outside of Jackson County with a new proposal that is separate from the Royals.

I am being facetious, but damn… could you have any more of an underwhelming proposal than this?

At the risk of being blasphemous, maybe they're right. If it's gonna cost $800m to make a bunch of minor upgrades that most fans aren't going to care about, maybe the underlying infrastructure and location are the problem.

Obviously, tailgating would be a mandatory thing no matter where you go, but there's no doubt that the national trend has been to move stadiums toward areas where there's other "stuff," and it's pretty clear they have no interest (or ability) to make that viable at the Truman complex.

Pablo 02-29-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17422581)
The Chiefs are hitting a point where average person can't go to games anyway so of course it's for rich people.

There will always be preseason and -30 wind chill games for the unwashed masses.

Frazod 02-29-2024 11:21 AM

I saw somewhere that they're planning to pave Lot O. I got directed to that gravely shit pit for the last game I attended. If I'd seen the ****er who that did that on the way out, I would have run him over. :mad:

Sassy Squatch 02-29-2024 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17422609)

Agreed. Kind of feels like they're sandbagging a bit.

-King- 02-29-2024 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17422567)
Chiefs will ask for a new stadium once they start doing renovations for the World Cup. That will uncover problems with the stadium.

Interesting theory but why wait? And why claim that they got the good concrete while the royals got the bad concrete right now if so? They could have made the same case as the Royals about it being more cost effective to build a new stadium rather than renovate now and I think more people would have been on board. The Chiefs have the most leverage of any team in the country when it comes to stuff like that. Why not use it now?

Pablo 02-29-2024 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17422618)
At the risk of being blasphemous, maybe they're right. If it's gonna cost $800m to make a bunch of minor upgrades that most fans aren't going to care about, maybe the underlying infrastructure and location are the problem.

Obviously, tailgating would be a mandatory thing no matter where you go, but there's no doubt that the national trend has been to move stadiums toward areas where there's other "stuff," and it's pretty clear they have no interest (or ability) to make that viable at the Truman complex.

GEHA field at UMB Bank Stadium at Legends has a ring to it

Mecca 02-29-2024 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17422619)
There will always be preseason and -30 wind chill games for the unwashed masses.

The Dolphins game was the cheapest game of the year cause rich people don't like to freeze.

srvy 02-29-2024 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17422458)
Driving over the 12th Street bridge gives the Chiefs another F- for "getting to practice and games"...

<iframe src="https://gifer.com/embed/7cqc" width=480 height=270.000 frameBorder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

It's a Viaduct and I'll have you know it's over 100 years old and hasn't succumbed to the cancer of concrete yet!

Pablo 02-29-2024 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17422665)
It's a Viaduct and I'll have you know it's over 100 years old and hasn't succumbed to the cancer of concrete yet!

I personally blame the concrete at the K for seven straight seasons under .500

Mecca 02-29-2024 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17422715)
I personally blame the concrete at the K for seven straight seasons under .500

It forced the bad drafts, bad concrete melts minds.

Titty Meat 02-29-2024 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17422619)

Alot of CP posters who cant even walk stairs without getting winded said you're pussy if you skip going to a game because of weather

O.city 02-29-2024 12:44 PM

"Build other attractions around it"

Why? No one will go to use them there other than gamedays or events.

Mecca 02-29-2024 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17422728)
Alot of CP posters who cant even walk stairs without getting winded said you're pussy if you skip going to a game because of weather

Average poster

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o7TKwz6AVIbBsS82Q" width="480" height="368" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/jerseydemic-3o7TKwz6AVIbBsS82Q">via GIPHY</a></p>

Pinchshot 02-29-2024 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17420906)
So it's basically the same with a big ass screen and a nice seating area for people who probably don't even care much about football?

That current scoreboard is pathetic. I think it's the same one since the 70's.

Mecca 02-29-2024 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422733)
"Build other attractions around it"

Why? No one will go to use them there other than gamedays or events.

Then obviously the stadium shouldn't be there...

O.city 02-29-2024 12:45 PM

Increasing the screen sizes is a great idea.

O.city 02-29-2024 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17422737)
Then obviously the stadium shouldn't be there...

Well, that's kinda the point no?

It's not an ideal location in 2024. It works for the Chiefs but it's not gonna be like other stadiums around the NFL.

Titty Meat 02-29-2024 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17422605)
I didn't watch the actual presentation, but these images at least give a better idea of the minor(ish) things that are included.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs released renderings today of proposed renovations to Arrowhead Stadium following the hopeful passage of a sales tax initiative in April. Read more about the proposed renovations: <a href="https://t.co/KSMkYHoTdb">https://t.co/KSMkYHoTdb</a><br><br>Photos courtesy of Chiefs/Populous <a href="https://t.co/aCtkFIeWgZ">pic.twitter.com/aCtkFIeWgZ</a></p>&mdash; KOMU 8 News (@KOMUnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/KOMUnews/status/1762919380256539081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Meet me at the VIP Road" Just doesnt have the same ring to it

O.city 02-29-2024 12:47 PM

I'm curious of the people upset with the proposed changes....how many of you have been to a game in the past 5 years?

Mecca 02-29-2024 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422745)
I'm curious of the people upset with the proposed changes....how many of you have been to a game in the past 5 years?

It's a ton of money for mainly upgrades that are kinda useless unless you know you are rich.

I mean connecting the upperdeck is nice, that's your one average fan get I guess.

And the adding of parking is just absurd.

O.city 02-29-2024 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17422748)
It's a ton of money for mainly upgrades that are kinda useless unless you know you are rich.

I mean connecting the upperdeck is nice, that's your one average fan get I guess.

And the adding of parking is just absurd.

Bigger screens, increased wifi....rich people problems.

When was the last game you attended?

Mecca 02-29-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422750)
Bigger screens, increased wifi....rich people problems.

When was the last game you attended?

It doesn't cost 800 million dollars for better wifi, cmon now.

And yes it's been awhile.

DaFace 02-29-2024 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422745)

I'm neither a frequent visitor nor upset about this, but to me it just seems like very little of this is going to make a difference in my gameday experience as a fan. Literally the only thing that I'm kind of excited about is the dedicated rideshare area because that process is a cluster**** right now, and that's probably about 1% of the overall cost.

I don't get a vote, but to me it's really just a question of whether you're willing to pay to keep the Chiefs where they are, and the upgrades aren't even a part of that decision. If you want Arrowhead to live on largely as is, vote yes. If not, let them move to a different area and start over.

O.city 02-29-2024 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17422754)
It doesn't cost 800 million dollars for better wifi, cmon now.

And yes it's been awhile.

Other than the VIP endzone stuff, what is "rich people stuff"

DaFace 02-29-2024 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17422757)
Other than the VIP endzone stuff, what is "rich people stuff"

"VIP Entry + Canopy"
"VIP Entry"
"VIP Access Road" x2
"New Parking Deck" (directly beside the VIP access road and entry, so you know who that's for)

O.city 02-29-2024 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17422755)
I'm neither a frequent visitor nor upset about this, but to me it just seems like very little of this is going to make a difference in my gameday experience as a fan. Literally the only thing that I'm kind of excited about is the dedicated rideshare area because that process is a cluster**** right now, and that's probably about 1% of the overall cost.

I don't get a vote, but to me it's really just a question of whether you're willing to pay to keep the Chiefs where they are, and the upgrades aren't even a part of that decision. If you want Arrowhead to live on largely as is, vote yes. If not, let them move to a different area and start over.

The upgrades seem like alot of "Keeping up with the Jones's" stuff that probably needs done.

I have no clue on the price tag and worthiness of it...

I'm not sure why they'd care what people who aren't planning to attend games either way care?