ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   (RIP) Nzoner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345551)

DJJasonp 10-13-2022 01:38 PM

Stay strong brother.....you got this!

fan4ever 10-13-2022 02:01 PM

We have a close friend going through this right now. To make a long story short, just in the past few years, the longevity associated with Pancreatic cancer has increased dramatically due to new treatments. In researching treatments for our close friend I was informed by a medical professional in the Virginial Piper cancer treatment center here is Scottsdale that the outlook is much brighter. Although there's no cure, it's not unusual for the survival rate for stage 4 pancreatic cancer has increased to 3, 5, even 10 years depending on the treatment. I have some other info that might be helpful if Nzoner would like to PM me.

siberian khatru 10-13-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 16527118)
Good afternoon all and thank you for the prayers and thoughts.Today is the best day I've had in awhile so wanted to hop on here while the going was good.

I've told my pastor and other friends that after this recent diagnosis I'm officially drooping the E from my name and adding a B instead.For those that don't know this story you can search Job in the Bible and read a quite amazing story.

As Stevie said my spirit is good and I know that's because I have a future hope,you see my take is either way this goes I'M GETTING HEALED,either this side of heaven(with an amazing testimony) or in heaven with my Savior where there will be no more tears of sorrow,no pain and we will know all as we've been known.ALL PROMISES from God's Word.

If it's the latter I just can just hear my dear wife."You already?"
"yes dear and now you get to put up with me for eternity." LMAO

Just a little Nzoner humor there.

Anyhow BIG THANKS again to those of you who donated to Mrs Nzoner's fund which every dime went towards our headstone(which I think turned out amazing) and the reason the Chiefs Planet tribute is on the back.

Lord willing maybe we can have a mellow BASH if someone wants to work on that as it'd be great to see everyone.

God Bless each and all and please remember if you don't know Christ as your personal Savior,I speak from experience when I say He is for real and totally changed my life and can change yours.And please I realize I've had 20 straight months of death and close calls and the like but I'm still here shouting Jesus Is Lord from the rooftops and by His grace will do so until my last breath. God has a plan for each of us and sometimes I wonder if mine wasn't to meet a bunch of hooligan friends like I was and to be radically changed by Jesus so that His light may shine through me to give others hope.

DON'T SHINE SO OTHERS CAN SEE YOU....SHINE SO THAT THROUGH YOU OTHERS CAN SEE HIM

This is wonderful. God bless you.

Spoiler!

BryanBusby 10-13-2022 04:40 PM

Best of luck dude

TribalElder 10-13-2022 04:58 PM

Prayers up for you sir :grovel:

Pablo 10-13-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 16527392)
We have a close friend going through this right now. To make a long story short, just in the past few years, the longevity associated with Pancreatic cancer has increased dramatically due to new treatments. In researching treatments for our close friend I was informed by a medical professional in the Virginial Piper cancer treatment center here is Scottsdale that the outlook is much brighter. Although there's no cure, it's not unusual for the survival rate for stage 4 pancreatic cancer has increased to 3, 5, even 10 years depending on the treatment. I have some other info that might be helpful if Nzoner would like to PM me.

Whoa that’s awesome news

Demonpenz 10-13-2022 07:02 PM

Joe has a hatred from the raiders that cracks me up

Halfcan 10-13-2022 07:38 PM

Best wishes-always!!

Otter 10-14-2022 07:53 AM

Good to hear from you, Joe.

Keep on, keepin' on brother!

Chief Roundup 10-14-2022 08:27 AM

Prayers and well wishes!

arrowheadnation 10-14-2022 05:16 PM

Both of my parents died from it. Since that basically makes me the perfect gene cocktail for it, I'll have to start getting scanned for it a few times a year when I turn 40. There are immunotherapies that are doing wonders now-a-days. Lifting you up in prayer.

big nasty kcnut 10-14-2022 05:42 PM

joe keep fighting! You still have so much to give.

Mosbonian 10-14-2022 06:37 PM

Prayers for you Joe...may God continue to raise you up and give you strength.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

cabletech94 10-15-2022 06:39 AM

Hugs to you Joe. Just a great dude. Nothing but positive things here my man.

BigRichard 10-15-2022 07:37 AM

You probably don't remember meeting me as it was only once but you were gracious enough to allow my young cousin and myself to crash one of your Chief parties. Thank you for being the best host we could have hoped for. Hoping only for the best outcome for you.

OnTheWarpath15 10-15-2022 07:46 AM

On a forum full of great people, Joe is the KING.

Stay strong, my friend. You're in the OTW family's prayers.

WilliamTheIrish 10-15-2022 02:13 PM

Wishing you the best, Joe. Words kind of fail me.

lewdog 10-15-2022 03:15 PM

Only good things have ever been said about you on CP. I hope you continue to remain strong as outcomes can be good.

2112 10-15-2022 05:18 PM

Very sad. Prayers to Joe. A nicer person you could not find. I’ve been to his place a couple of times and his wife even gave me a tour of her nascar room.

Stay strong brother

2112 10-15-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Good afternoon all and thank you for the prayers and thoughts.Today is the best day I've had in awhile so wanted to hop on here while the going was good.

I've told my pastor and other friends that after this recent diagnosis I'm officially drooping the E from my name and adding a B instead.For those that don't know this story you can search Job in the Bible and read a quite amazing story.

As Stevie said my spirit is good and I know that's because I have a future hope,you see my take is either way this goes I'M GETTING HEALED,either this side of heaven(with an amazing testimony) or in heaven with my Savior where there will be no more tears of sorrow,no pain and we will know all as we've been known.ALL PROMISES from God's Word.

Anyhow BIG THANKS again to those of you who donated to Mrs Nzoner's fund which every dime went towards our headstone(which I think turned out amazing) and the reason the Chiefs Planet tribute is on the back.

Lord willing maybe we can have a mellow BASH if someone wants to work on that as it'd be great to see everyone.

God Bless each and all and please remember if you don't know Christ as your personal Savior,I speak from experience when I say He is for real and totally changed my life and can change yours.And please I realize I've had 20 straight months of death and close calls and the like but I'm still here shouting Jesus Is Lord from the rooftops and by His grace will do so until my last breath. God has a plan for each of us and sometimes I wonder if mine wasn't to meet a bunch of hooligan friends like I was and to be radically changed by Jesus so that His light may shine through me to give others hope.

DON'T SHINE SO OTHERS CAN SEE YOU....SHINE SO THAT THROUGH YOU OTHERS CAN SEE HIM

God bless you, Joe.

HemiEd 10-15-2022 05:39 PM

Hang in there Nzoner! Prayers for you!

Fish 10-15-2022 11:03 PM

Good luck Joe. You got this, bud.

bringbackmarty 10-16-2022 10:05 PM

Guy is first rate, class act dude. Makes no sense - the amount of misfortune he's endured. My only guess is god must really like him and his wife (r.i.p.) Hoping God can be patient enough to to let him see a few more championships and if not maybe science gets a win. Either way, praying and hoping that a first rate, class act dude gets a few more trips around the sun, and has sunny days where he feels like the sun is just for him.

LongSufferingToady 10-16-2022 11:23 PM

Mr. Nzoner, you are a great example of a human being and of your faith. Thank you for making us part of your life. Hang in there. I'm sure you finish the race and we will all keep you in our prayers and thoughts.

ps - Heck of a tombstone too!

burt 10-17-2022 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady (Post 16536372)
Mr. Nzoner, you are a great example of a human being and of your faith. Thank you for making us part of your life. Hang in there. I'm sure you finish the race and we will all keep you in our prayers and thoughts.

ps - Heck of a tombstone too!

This!!! X 10!!! Joe, I'll send up a few prayers for ya. But mostly for continued strength and peace. You ARE loved, my brother.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-18-2022 11:18 AM

I've never met Nzoner, but this many people can't be wrong. I am so terribly sorry for all the tribulations you've had to endure.

BIG_DADDY 10-19-2022 08:26 AM

Oh man, I am so sorry that you have had to go through so much at such an early age. You're truly an inspiration to me that I will never forget. God bless you and please don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything.

loochy 10-20-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16539580)
I've never met Nzoner, but this many people can't be wrong. I am so terribly sorry for all the tribulations you've had to endure.

He invited a bunch of internet website weirdos over to his house for a night of drinking. He has to be a great guy.

stumppy 10-20-2022 01:40 PM

Damn, just now seen this.

Never met Nzoner just wanted to say hang in there, I'll be thinking about you.

Donger 10-20-2022 02:37 PM

Just seeing this now. This is absolutely awful. I'll be pulling for you, Nzoner.

Buehler445 10-20-2022 10:44 PM

Much love Joe. Here’s to many more good days.

booger 10-21-2022 02:48 AM

Quote:

Headstone looks great!

Read this several days ago and have had trouble finding the words. I’m sure I’m not the only one. I thought of Job as well brother! One of my first thoughts about how you have had to overcome so much these past couple years. A person can only try to put themselves in another’s shoes during these different battles people face. I think I would probably crumble. Just your post above that I quoted, your response, is powerful man. Just by being yourself a person can inspire by simply sharing their faith and leading by example. I’m very sorry for the latest battle you’re facing. When you have any down/trying moments through this remind yourself how many people you are helping with your faith in Christ.

God Bless you brother!

The Bad Guy 10-21-2022 10:36 PM

Pulling for Joe. What a tough SOB he is to deal with all he's dealt with. I'll keep him in my thoughts. Headstone came out great - this place really comes together for members.

KChiefs1 10-22-2022 08:42 PM

Prayers to Nzoner. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRCDFED 10-23-2022 08:23 PM

Prayers to you brother! Keep up the fight!

bevischief 10-23-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 16543297)
He invited a bunch of internet website weirdos over to his house for a night of drinking. He has to be a great guy.

Really, you decided to go there....

rico 10-25-2022 05:00 AM

You the man, Nzoner.

htismaqe 10-25-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 16546369)
Pulling for Joe. What a tough SOB he is to deal with all he's dealt with. I'll keep him in my thoughts. Headstone came out great - this place really comes together for members.

What up, Frank?

Pepe Silvia 10-25-2022 08:52 PM

Nzoner doesn’t know me very well but I send him my best wishes.

Al Bundy 10-26-2022 08:33 AM

I bought fireworks from Zoner 10 years ago or so, really nice guy. Here is to many more healthy years on this earth for you Joe.

cmh6476 10-26-2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

All, this is Kevin... Just an update on Joe... I took him to the ER early yesterday morning because he was writhing in pain... they admitted him and surgically placed a drain to relieve pressure from a blocked common bile duct... he is up in a chair today but still having bouts with pain.
No word on discharge at this time.
. Posted a few minutes ago on Facebook

Rasputin 10-26-2022 06:31 PM

These threads are getting hard to click on but just want to hear good news from both

GOD SPEED

cmh6476 10-26-2022 08:34 PM

I just read Joe's post from a couple weeks ago. I'd be happy to try and help organize a small get together in st joe as he suggested if we find a time that works for him and we have some interest. Can rent a space at the city golf course that would have cash bar option and could cater in food and play some classic rock tunes for him fairly easily and wouldn't break the bank...

loochy 10-27-2022 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 16550070)
Really, you decided to go there....

It was a genuine compliment. He opened up his home to a bunch of people that he didn't know well. It takes a good soul to see the good in people like that.

Dartgod 10-27-2022 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 16556828)
It was a genuine compliment. He opened up his home to a bunch of people that he didn't know well. It takes a good soul to see the good in people like that.

That's the way I took it.

HayWire 10-27-2022 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16556571)
I just read Joe's post from a couple weeks ago. I'd be happy to try and help organize a small get together in st joe as he suggested if we find a time that works for him and we have some interest. Can rent a space at the city golf course that would have cash bar option and could cater in food and play some classic rock tunes for him fairly easily and wouldn't break the bank...

I'd give my left nut for a get together.

If Nzoner wants it I'll at least try.

I don't think I've ever had any interaction with him but even words on a screen still count.

My Pa had that shit and is still kicking....you got this

cmh6476 10-27-2022 07:42 AM

Been texting Joe this morning. We also post together at a fantasy football message board and have some mutual friends/ acquaintances there. He asked me to share this both places.

Quote:

Ok if you want to update and I quote,"my oncology doc said they think they found a new spot on my liver with the latest scan on Tuesday."

I can't even begin to put into words what the last 22 months have been like. Favorite Aunt dying my heart attack and coding twice only to have a 3rd blockage and another stent,Covid and then the wife getting it and dying and now this.
God's Word says in Romans 8:28 "ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE."

So the gloves are on again and here we go because I love God and believe His promises. He loves you too brother and just keep in mind these 60-80 years we get here are just a blip compared to eternity so if you haven't already I encourage you to follow Jesus and"fight the good fight."

HayWire 10-27-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16556911)
Been texting Joe this morning. We also post together at a fantasy football message board and have some mutual friends/ acquaintances there. He asked me to share this both places.

Joe,

Never met...never even responded to each other.

The journey is a wild ride...the ending is perfect.
I'm not overly religious....but believe what you can and love as much as possible. Everybody says "you got this".

I got up Sunday and made it to church...not sure why.

My dad drove up and we had had the normal conversation. Hes got yours and it sucks. Walked to the front of the church and got on my knees....I don't normally do that. I prayed....and I was asked for you to be happy. Take it is for what it's worth.

My faith and my religion have always been "HayWire"

I've read and reread your posts over and over.

You are a man among boys.

I can't speak and for you....but goddammit you are a good human.

jdubya 10-27-2022 01:55 PM

Some very inspiring words from several. Thank you. Prayers

burt 10-27-2022 04:04 PM

Joe,

All I know is that if there is a man that can beat this, it's you. Well, you and maybe Bwana. Prayers sent for healing and strength. I'm so sorry you are going through this. You've ALWAYS been a good human and that's why we love you.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

BigOlChiefsfan 10-30-2022 03:51 PM

Sending good vibes. Be well.

Bob Dole 10-30-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16556571)

I've already told Joe that I'll be there Friday after Thanksgiving. I'm picking up at least one person on the drive up.

007 10-30-2022 07:36 PM

Nzoner

I'll be there for whatever you put together

Monty 10-31-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayWire (Post 16556976)
Joe,

Never met...never even responded to each other.

The journey is a wild ride...the ending is perfect.
I'm not overly religious....but believe what you can and love as much as possible. Everybody says "you got this".

I got up Sunday and made it to church...not sure why.

My dad drove up and we had had the normal conversation. Hes got yours and it sucks. Walked to the front of the church and got on my knees....I don't normally do that. I prayed....and I was asked for you to be happy. Take it is for what it's worth.

My faith and my religion have always been "HayWire"

I've read and reread your posts over and over.

You are a man among boys.

I can't speak and for you....but goddammit you are a good human.

All day this. Couldn't have written this any better. :clap:

cmh6476 11-01-2022 11:00 AM

Joe just posted on Facebook they have moved him to stage 4 :(

penguinz 11-01-2022 11:48 AM

:deevee:

HayWire 11-01-2022 12:22 PM

**** that.....refuse.

I'm having a shit ass day and I got tears on my face as I type this.

No...just don't

I'm stage 4 as well......... ****

Go get em joe.....we got this.

Hope you don't mind.....I've needed a reason to call my preacher.

My Pa is headed up today to be with me.....he's got the same shit and he made it this far.

You got this Joe.

jdubya 11-01-2022 08:39 PM

I'll begin by admitting I am a few drinks into my evening.

As many know I am a Raider fan.

I came here a few years ago to have some fun and troll a little bit.

Weird thing is I have become familiar with many of you and even if we hate each other as rivals, my heart and soul is with Nzoner and HayWire and others. The electronic campfire that we all share is powerful. I'd love to shake hands with both these badasses

scho63 11-02-2022 09:22 AM

When Joe was out here in AZ several months ago, he was in pain then and had issues he was concerned about.

I'm terribly saddened that his worse fears were confirmed and hope he can have the pain resolved as much as possible.

God Bless You Joe and may your pain be over.

Such a nice guy.

Bob Dole 11-02-2022 07:53 PM

FYI, I'm driving north through Arkansas on I49/US71 on 11/11, stopping at Nevada, MO that night, then heading to Joe's first thing 11/12. I'll head back to NEVAMO on 11/13, and then back to Texarkana on Monday. If you want/need a ride, PM me.

bevischief 11-03-2022 06:05 AM

I am not trying to take this over, but damn my scans aren't sounding good...

penguinz 11-03-2022 07:50 AM

What were the first signs something was wrong? Was it just abdominal pain or something different?

I had pancreatitis a few years back and the only fear I have is that pancreatic cancer is in my future.

penguinz 11-03-2022 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 16573282)
I am not trying to take this over, but damn my scans aren't sounding good...

:(

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-03-2022 08:23 AM

Wishing you nothing but the best NZ

Halfcan 11-04-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 16565189)
I'll be there for whatever you put together

The CP Bashes were some of the best parties ever. Would love to see all you guys again. Best wishes Joe.

Katie 11-05-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 16573416)
What were the first signs something was wrong? Was it just abdominal pain or something different?

I had pancreatitis a few years back and the only fear I have is that pancreatic cancer is in my future.

He was not feeling good over the 4th. Having trouble eating and uncomfortable. Then he had severe back pain, which they thought was from his past back issues. When he was here in September he was in severe pain all across his stomach and back. They thought is was is gall bladder - well that was wrong.

Katie 11-05-2022 09:08 PM

Have to report tonight that they put off Joe’s last chemo because he’s so weak. Talked to him tonight and they are going to try to start it up again Tuesday. He’s tired and very low right now. Will probably be going out next week to stay with him as his family has to leave.

Please keep him close to your hearts.

mlyonsd 11-05-2022 11:02 PM

Be strong Joe. Thoughts and prayers for you tonight.

stevieray 11-06-2022 05:57 AM

I went up last Thursday to see/visit him. It was a pleasure to be able to meet his brother Kevin, who has been up there the last three weeks helping Joe out.

He is very solemn and tired, but positive.

Please continue to pray for him as he walks through this journey.

Dartgod 11-06-2022 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 16578971)
I went up last Thursday to see/visit him. It was a pleasure to be able to meet his brother Kevin, who has been up there the last three weeks helping Joe out.

I'm glad you were able to go see him. I'm heading up next weekend with Dole.

BIG_DADDY 11-06-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 16578971)

Thanks for the update Stevie.

Bugeater 11-07-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 16579029)
I'm glad you were able to go see him. I'm heading up next weekend with Dole.

I'll be around as well.

scho63 11-07-2022 02:32 PM

You guys are good seeds going to visit Nzoner.

That's why CP is so special. :clap:

big nasty kcnut 11-07-2022 09:18 PM

stevie great job visiting joe and his bro. Glad you other gents are headed that way.

Fat Elvis 11-08-2022 06:46 AM

Quote:

Joe/Nzoner-

Although we've never met in person, I feel as though I've known you throughout the years because of how others on this board have talked about you and the good things they have to say about you. I've never recalled you speaking poorly of anyone, and you have always been a source of joy (even when our Chiefs weren't) for people on this board.

I wanted to let you know that I admire your humility and grace, and I am so sorry for all your burdens this past year. In these times of personal darkness, you have shone brightly. Your life is a testimony, and I wanted to thank you for that. You are an inspiration to us all.

Fat E

HayWire 11-08-2022 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 16587430)
Joe/Nzoner-

Although we've never met in person, I feel as though I've known you throughout the years because of how others on this board have talked about you and the good things they have to say about you. I've never recalled you speaking poorly of anyone, and you have always been a source of joy (even when our Chiefs weren't) for people on this board.

I wanted to let you know that I admire your humility and grace, and I am so sorry for all your burdens this past year. In these times of personal darkness, you have shone brightly. Your life is a testimony, and I wanted to thank you for that. You are an inspiration to us all.

Fat E

This all day long.

And I'll also add....Fat E is a solid person.

Not just this post but many others as well.

I don't always respond to everyone but thank you.

Kind words and positive shit really do help and you've nailed it. Thank you

penguinz 11-08-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie (Post 16578766)
He was not feeling good over the 4th. Having trouble eating and uncomfortable. Then he had severe back pain, which they thought was from his past back issues. When he was here in September he was in severe pain all across his stomach and back. They thought is was is gall bladder - well that was wrong.

So it is a lot like the pains from pancreatitis.

Appreciate the answer.

Eleazar 11-10-2022 09:33 AM

Is there anything going that we can donate to, to help Joe out in some way? Not sure if he has kids or anything, or if someone may already have a gofundme for him or what have you.

Bugeater 11-10-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16593010)
Is there anything going that we can donate to, to help Joe out in some way? Not sure if he has kids or anything, or if someone may already have a gofundme for him or what have you.

Money isn't an issue

Katie 11-10-2022 09:37 PM

We’ll be there to help him out the 12-19. Bob dole has graciously offered to pick us up at the airport and transport us. Will be fun to have a few planet people there over the weekend