ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330861)

TLO 04-25-2020 01:41 PM

He has World Class Sneed.

TimeForWasp 04-25-2020 02:54 PM

Best player available? or did we draft for sneed?

A good DB can sneed up you you.

BWillie 04-25-2020 03:29 PM

If Sneed is any good, it's because Louisana Tech's defensive coordinator is an idiot. Not sure why you would move a guy from CB to Safety, if he was better at CB.

I just don't quite understand why I college coach would do that. Was there some really crazy injury bug at Safety for them?

staylor26 04-25-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14935765)
If Sneed is any good, it's because Louisana Tech's defensive coordinator is an idiot. Not sure why you would move a guy from CB to Safety, if he was better at CB.

I just don't quite understand why I college coach would do that. Was there some really crazy injury bug at Safety for them?

They had 2 really good corners and probably no safeties.

His 2018 tape at corner along with his combine workout is why he got drafted in the 4th.

DaneMcCloud 04-25-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14935765)
If Sneed is any good, it's because Louisana Tech's defensive coordinator is an idiot

Yeah, Bob Diaco, who previously coached at Virginia, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, UConn, Nebraska and Oklahoma before accepting the DC job at Louisana Tech and was hired by Purdue in January to become their new DC, is an idiot.

Who would trust a coach with such a shitty resume, amirite, BeauWillie007?

The Franchise 04-25-2020 03:39 PM

I didn’t know that Diaco was their DC. He was there the year we made it to the NC game.

staylor26 04-25-2020 03:41 PM

I just realized Jaylon Ferguson was there in 2018 when Sneed was playing corner.

Guess I’ll be watching all of the Ferguson 2018 tape I could find tonight!

DaneMcCloud 04-25-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14935788)
I didn’t know that Diaco was their DC. He was there the year we made it to the NC game.

He's been a long time coach that's worked his way up the ladder from a Linebacker coach to a Big Ten LB/DC.

Those are generally the most successful guys, IMO, because they've had to hustle for years at low level gigs so when they "make it", they're usually pretty damn good coaches.

Dante84 04-25-2020 04:09 PM

Man, watching this guy play.... he could be really, really good.

His length, speed, hands and willingness to tackle all stand out.

New World Order 04-25-2020 04:11 PM

We'll be able to move a lot of guys around. We basically have 3 guys (HB, Thornhill and Sneed) who can play the safety and slot corner positions.

We're going to have a lot of versatility in our secondary.

KChiefs1 04-25-2020 05:11 PM

Love this pick.

BWillie 04-25-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14935786)
Yeah, Bob Diaco, who previously coached at Virginia, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, UConn, Nebraska and Oklahoma before accepting the DC job at Louisana Tech and was hired by Purdue in January to become their new DC, is an idiot.

Who would trust a coach with such a shitty resume, amirite, BeauWillie007?

One of the two is true.

If he's a better CB than S - he shouldn't have been moved to safety. This would mean that the defensive coordinator made a mistake.

If he's a better S than CB, then the Chiefs are wrong to want him as a CB.

DaneMcCloud 04-25-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14936233)
One of the two is true.

False

Quote:

If he's a better CB than S - he shouldn't have been moved to safety. This would mean that the defensive coordinator made a mistake.

Again, wrong.

Teams have issues with scholarship players all the time. Players are often asked to move to other position because it's what the team needs, not the individual player.

Louisiana Tech went 10-3 and won their bowl game, so to say the DC made a "mistake" is completely unfounded.

Megatron96 04-25-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14936243)
False

Again, wrong.

Teams have issues with scholarship players all the time. Players are often asked to move to other position because it's what the team needs, not the individual player.

This. In college you play the position you're asked to play.

It should be noted that the kid said that he's more comfortable at CB, and some of the analysts last night also said he was better at CB than S. But that he had the ability to play both.

BWillie 04-25-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14936243)
False

Again, wrong.

Louisiana Tech went 10-3 and won their bowl game, so to say the DC made a "mistake" is completely unfounded.

What if I told you, that you can make a mistake and still win and go 10-3

We won the Super Bowl last year. I'm sure we made SOME mistakes at certain points. It happens all the time everywhere.

DaneMcCloud 04-25-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14936252)
What if I told you, that you can make a mistake and still win and go 10-3

We won the Super Bowl last year. I'm sure we made SOME mistakes at certain points. It happens all the time everywhere.

:facepalm:

Good grief, you're dense.

Chiefshrink 04-25-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14934941)
The move to safety ****ed him IMO

because he is not a head hunter. If you play safety you MUST LOVE CONTACT. Sneed is a pure cover guy IMHO.

staylor26 04-26-2020 12:24 AM

Here is our most underrated pick playing corner against Chase/Burrow and that LSU offense in 2018:

https://youtu.be/CayH2gRhVh0

Side note: a certain somebody in that LSU offense jumps off the screen a couple times :)

This kid looks like a steal. He can mirror WR’s very well, has good feet, and he’s a willing tackler.

If anybody wants to see any more of his film at corner just look up Jaylon Ferguson’s 2018 games on YT. There are like 2-3 of them.

YontsRBake 04-26-2020 06:17 AM

Absolutely loved the rest of our draft. Not a huge fan of this pick though, he just seems like the same as Watts to me.

Either way though I trust Veach and I’m sure I’m wrong.

farmerchief 04-26-2020 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14935871)
We'll be able to move a lot of guys around. We basically have 3 guys (HB, Thornhill and Sneed) who can play the safety and slot corner positions.

We're going to have a lot of versatility in our secondary.

Quite true, quite true. Exactly the reason I wouldnt have been surprised to see the Chiefs draft one of the Utah safties, as I believe they both had past CB experience.

JohnnyHammersticks 04-26-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14937086)
Absolutely loved the rest of our draft. Not a huge fan of this pick though, he just seems like the same as Watts to me.

Either way though I trust Veach and I’m sure I’m wrong.

Watts ran a 4.64

Sneed ran a 4.37

Be better

staylor26 04-26-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 14937897)
Watts ran a 4.64

Sneed ran a 4.37

Be better

Not to mention Watts is a safety and Sneed was drafted to play CB.

O.city 04-26-2020 08:34 PM

They’re pretty high on this dude

Would be a nice if he hit and was really good

staylor26 04-26-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14938208)
They’re pretty high on this dude

Would be a nice if he hit and was really good

What makes you say that?

tyecopeland 04-26-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

One of the two is true.

If he's a better S than CB, then the Chiefs are wrong to want him as a CB.

Here I am again agreeing with dane.

He must have been the best safety they had. And more versatile than the other cbs. If you have other cbs that are good/decent there but cant play safety worth a shit and you have this guy who can, you move him and it makes your team better. Doesnt mean the coordinator made a mistake, just means they under recruited the safety position or had injuries that they couldn't account for.

Take fuller for example. I think he was a capable corner but his versatility allowed him to move to safety when thornhill went down. The redskins are putting him back at cb. They aren't wrong to do that and we werent idiots for moving him to safety.

FAX 04-26-2020 09:54 PM

L'Jarius ... if you're reading this, here's a tip; don't refer to your head coach as "Dawg".

FAX

Kiimo 04-26-2020 10:33 PM

Agreeing with Dane shouldn't be something hard to admit he's right more often than not.

staylor26 04-28-2020 01:25 AM

Give this guy a year behind Breeland and you could potentially have an upgrade when he walks next year:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...50666252926976
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...73127206981632
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...47885319360514

duncan_idaho 04-28-2020 08:58 AM

I love hunting for guys like this... find CBs with the size/speed/athletic ability and then try to coach them up.

It's the best way to land an elite CB when you're picking outside the top 5/10, other than a trade.

OKchiefs 04-28-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14940847)
I love hunting for guys like this... find CBs with the size/speed/athletic ability and then try to coach them up.

It's the best way to land an elite CB when you're picking outside the top 5/10, other than a trade.

I'm still not pleased with us continually waiting so late in the draft (or not at all) to draft a corner, but at least we added some promising bodies at the position. With expanded rosters this year perhaps we can carry 6 corners on the roster. Between Sneed and Keyes in the draft and Davis and Hill in UDFA I think we added some good competition for the bottom 2-3 roster spots at cornerback, and hopefully we can sneak some of those that don't make the cut on the practice squad. Give them a year to hopefully develop and improve behind Ward/Breeland/Fenton and hopefully 1-2 of them step up to some degree. How much they step up will determine whether corner is a day 1 or a day 2-3 need again next year.

CaliforniaChief 04-28-2020 10:10 AM

I love the pick. I also love the idea of Thornhill coming back alongside Mathieu. I'm also happy Breeland is back.

redfan 04-28-2020 11:30 AM

I don't think it's hilarious the Chiefs drafted L'Jarius,
I'm seriously pleased the Chiefs had him seized.
Coach Reid saw the need, did the deed, and drafted this speedy Sneed.
He's one more reason the Chiefs dominate this season.

duncan_idaho 04-28-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14941028)
I'm still not pleased with us continually waiting so late in the draft (or not at all) to draft a corner, but at least we added some promising bodies at the position. With expanded rosters this year perhaps we can carry 6 corners on the roster. Between Sneed and Keyes in the draft and Davis and Hill in UDFA I think we added some good competition for the bottom 2-3 roster spots at cornerback, and hopefully we can sneak some of those that don't make the cut on the practice squad. Give them a year to hopefully develop and improve behind Ward/Breeland/Fenton and hopefully 1-2 of them step up to some degree. How much they step up will determine whether corner is a day 1 or a day 2-3 need again next year.

As long as they adequately fill the position, I don't really care how they're acquiring guys.

If there's a guy they think is worth snagging with an early pick? Gobble him up. If there are four-five guys with the athletic profile who just need coaching them can bring in, and are confident they can get 1-2 to be good players, that works, too.

They aren't afraid to be creative and outside the box here, and that's the important part.

What's exciting about Sneed is the athletic profile is that of an elite corner. Same with a few other of these guys. If you aren't in position to just DRAFT an elite guy, you have to try to trade for them, sign them as a FA, or develop them.

If you're trying to develop, have to have the raw clay to start with...

Imon Yourside 04-28-2020 02:56 PM

This guy will be the next Albert Lewis, without the faider thing at the end.

Megatron96 04-28-2020 05:42 PM

What's interesting to me is that Spags specifically wanted this guy. There's something about Sneed that Spags really liked over many of the CBs that were picked earlier. I'm guessing that Sneed has a pretty high football IQ. Spags likes smart guys. Plus, Sneed is a prototypical Spags corner.

CoMoChief 04-28-2020 06:16 PM

damn I keep thinking about the K&P East/West Bowl Game skit, when they make fun of all of those black names, then the last dude's like Jon Smith, punter ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-28-2020 06:24 PM

Thornhill, Snead and Honey Badger are going to pick off Carr 25 times trying to throw to Ruggs. It's going to be great.

staylor26 04-29-2020 01:17 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...99203037532160
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...06607632515077

staylor26 04-29-2020 10:23 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...95701310349318
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...88032516218882

ChiefsFanatic 04-29-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14941028)

I see Sneed taking Fenton's defensive snaps. I know a lot of people here like Fenton, but I just don't see the potential. Fenton is sub 6 foot, has 30 inch arms, and ran a 4.5.

While that's not slow, or super short, his whole game says slot nickel corner. But, with Ward, Breeland, Sneed, Thornhill, and HB in the nickel, they can all play the slot, or all play outside, or switch and cover all sorts of ground in zone. BoPete Keyes is also taller, and longer than Fenton.

They are all faster than Fenton, except for HB, but he makes up for that with film study. That group just offers so much versatility, and I think that's exactly why Spags identified them as targets for Veach.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

staylor26 05-01-2020 10:37 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...09522164748289
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...52545362313220
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChiefinCa...31835692675079

RunKC 05-01-2020 11:23 AM

If this kid played for any SEC team he likely goes in rd 2 based off of namesake and measurables/athleticism alone.

I don’t see any major disparity between Sneed and a player like Trevon Diggs, which is probably why we liked him so much

staylor26 05-01-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14946910)
If this kid played for any SEC team he likely goes in rd 2 based off of namesake and measurables/athleticism alone.

I don’t see any major disparity between Sneed and a player like Trevon Diggs, which is probably why we liked him so much

It was 2018, but dude looked better than most of those SEC corners did covering Chase.

staylor26 05-14-2020 01:45 PM

Listened to the Stick to Football podcast AFCW draft review (Matt Miller, Conner Rogers, and Melo who’s a Chief fan) and they all have the Chiefs a C.

Their biggest reason? “They didn’t get a corner”.

This isn’t just them either. I’m seeing this from Chiefs fans and all over the the media.

Sneed would’ve been a day 2 pick if he played CB in 2019. His measurables are off the charts and his 2018 tape playing corner was really good.

I don’t think Veach was lying when he said that Sneed was their #1 player going into day 3. It makes a ton of sense considering the need and the fit.

He’s out here playing 3D chess saying **** your “no RB in the 1st” rules while still getting a corner with legit CB1 upside and the draft community doesn’t even know it.

Kiimo 05-14-2020 01:52 PM

It's not even national draft community, it is Chiefs fans. Just laziness all around.

"Chiefs didn't get a corner to replace their starting corner they lost to Washington"

like, both statements false.

KChiefs1 06-05-2020 03:07 AM

https://youtu.be/0Y9KGqv5Ywk

KChiefs1 06-07-2020 08:54 AM

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-rep...ious-potential

Need For Sneed: Kansas City Chiefs Rookie DB L'Jarius Sneed Has Serious Potential
by
Jordan Foote
Quote:

On the final day of the 2020 NFL Draft, we at Arrowhead Report thought the Kansas City Chiefs’ selection of Louisiana Tech defensive back L’Jarius Sneed was solid. Our roundtable reaction may not have given the cornerback/safety enough credit. The more I watch his film and review his background, the higher my confidence in him as a player gets.

Sneed was a three-year starter for the Bulldogs, spending his final collegiate season at safety. Chiefs Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo was impressed by the versatility Sneed displayed in college, which was a critical factor in the team drafting him with pick No. 138. His pre-draft athletic testing was tremendous, headlined by a 4.37-second 40-yard dash. The speed Sneed displayed on tape and at the combine will translate well to the NFL immediately.

Some thought that initially, Sneed would see minimal snaps in the secondary, instead thriving on special teams and working his way up from there. Not only does the organization believe in his abilities as a defensive back, but it also plans on moving him back to his original cornerback position. With that said, what should the Chiefs expect?

Athleticism and physicality are Sneed’s calling cards. Standing 6 feet tall with long arms and having a sturdy 192-pound frame, he’s at his best when he can get his hands on opposing receivers. This makes press-man and soft-man coverage the two most ideal assignments for him. Although these techniques aren’t used a ton in Spagnuolo-led defenses, the Chiefs often utilize hybrid-like zone coverage shells that allow for one-on-one opportunities on the outside.

4.37 speed, length and leaping ability simply cannot be taught. Sneed was one of the best pure athletes in this year’s draft class, and he’s willing to get his hands dirty. He remains balanced at the line of scrimmage and is patient, understanding when he should and shouldn’t jam wide receivers and throw them off. He has solid ball skills that should only improve as he settles in at the next level.

Sneed’s floor is high due to his size, athleticism and willingness as a tackler. How high his ceiling is depends on one thing: technique. His hips are a bit stiff, which can lead to him opening them early out of his backpedal. Sneed can also get grabby at times downfield, which could lead to penalties in man coverage. He’s not a liability in zone coverage, but his skills play much better in man alignments. When the play is in front of him, Sneed can play adequate zone coverage.

There are many areas in which Sneed thrives, but he also has several facets of his game that need improvement. Despite those weaknesses, he has plenty of traits that make him a potential contributor from day one. As a boundary corner, he disrupts receivers and makes them uncomfortable. In the slot, he has the speed to keep up with just about any burner the league has to offer. He can even play some safety, which may remind Chiefs fans of Kendall Fuller last season. Day-three picks are normally viewed as players who have their work cut out for them in terms of finding significant playing time in their rookie seasons. Sneed is an exception — and his presence should be felt early and often.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-07-2020 01:32 PM

Love that article. Veach is God!

RunKC 08-31-2020 12:47 PM

He’s really been impressing at camp. Nate Taylor said the staff has been very happy with his understanding and ability and he’s also kept up with Tyreek deep downfield. Didn’t realize he had a top 5 40 times at the combine.

This is from Matt Verderame:

Quote:

The Chiefs selected L’Jarius Sneed out of Louisiana Tech in the fourth round and although he spent the last year of his college career at safety, they plan to use him at corner. With veteran Bashaud Breeland suspended four games, Sneed is expected to start in his place.

At 6-foot and 192 pounds, Sneed has good size and athleticism for days. Per source, Kansas City loves what it has seen in camp, and believes the former Conference USA star can play a big role in its title defense.
https://fansided.com/2020/08/31/patr...mpression=true

pugsnotdrugs19 08-31-2020 01:31 PM

If this pick is a true ‘hit’, it is the kind of selection that positions the team to continue along that dynasty continuum.

4th round pick who can start day one at CB? If he’s up to the task, that’s a hell of a pickup...

Mecca 08-31-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15140490)
If this pick is a true ‘hit’, it is the kind of selection that positions the team to continue along that dynasty continuum.

4th round pick who can start day one at CB? If he’s up to the task, that’s a hell of a pickup...

Him spending a year at safety actually hurt his value, another year at CB and he was probably a more 2nd to 3rd round player.

Kiimo 08-31-2020 01:45 PM

I like his speed and I also like that he's kind of chippy without being full-on Marcus Peters cancer

pugsnotdrugs19 08-31-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15140515)
Him spending a year at safety actually hurt his value, another year at CB and he was probably a more 2nd to 3rd round player.

Yeah I remember hearing that in April.

We will need his speed now that the West has Ruggs and Jeudy.

DrRyan 08-31-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15140528)
Yeah I remember hearing that in April.

We will need his speed now that the West has Ruggs and Jeudy.

Hamler is more of the Denver speed concern. Jeudy isn't running past people. His route running is where more of his value lies.

Dunerdr 08-31-2020 02:07 PM

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING SNEED

Mecca 08-31-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 15140554)
Hamler is more of the Denver speed concern. Jeudy isn't running past people. His route running is where more of his value lies.

The thing with Jeudy is he could be Odell Beckham but we'll see how that shakes out but that is his upside.

RunKC 08-31-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15140515)

It did but at the same time I think it gave him more value from Spags. Our biggest loss from the offseason was Kendall Fuller. Sneed is the same type of player that can be versatile enough to play multiple positions in the secondary.

Spags loves confusing teams with a variety of looks which comes from versatile players.

patteeu 08-31-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15140585)
It did but at the same time I think it gave him more value from Spags. Our biggest loss from the offseason was Kendall Fuller. Sneed is the same type of player that can be versatile enough to play multiple positions in the secondary.

Spags loves confusing teams with a variety of looks which comes from versatile players.

FTR, I love that too.

htismaqe 08-31-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15140560)
The thing with Jeudy is he could be Odell Beckham but we'll see how that shakes out but that is his upside.

If only he didn't have Lock throwing the ball to him...

duncan_idaho 08-31-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15140656)
If only he didn't have Lock throwing the ball to him...

Yeah, Jeudy cooks people over the middle with his route running and separation ability. If he has a QB that can anticipate and deliver the ball accurately over the middle it’s going to be tough to slow him.

But anticipation and accurate intermediate passing over the middle aren’t strengths of Lock’s.

Munson 09-10-2020 08:35 PM

First INT!

Munson 09-10-2020 08:40 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OUR ROOKIES ARE BALLING ��<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kickoff2020?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Kickoff2020</a> on NBC <a href="https://t.co/JPtTXs3Rh7">pic.twitter.com/JPtTXs3Rh7</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1304247207881781250?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni 09-10-2020 09:28 PM

Solid debut

Pitt Gorilla 09-10-2020 09:29 PM

Straight up stud.

staylor26 09-10-2020 09:31 PM

The fact that I had the Chiefs drafting Sneed in the 4th in my mock and he’s playing like this week 1 gives me serious wood.

JakeF 09-10-2020 09:40 PM

Sneed played well. Seems to have a real nose for the ball and can coverage tight without getting called for a PI. Great 1st game for him.

TwistedChief 09-10-2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15160380)
The fact that I had the Chiefs drafting Sneed in the 4th in my mock and he’s playing like this week 1 gives me serious wood.

Let's spoon at the next CP tailgate straddling a picture of Sneed after you've given me a bloody nose. Deal?

staylor26 09-10-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15160424)
Let's spoon at the next CP tailgate straddling a picture of Sneed after you've given me a bloody nose. Deal?

You bet your ass you got a deal!

RealSNR 09-10-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 15140554)

Hamler might end up being good, but knowing Elway, he'll probably end up being more Isaiah McKenzie than Tyreek Hill.

warrior 09-11-2020 07:02 AM

good game by our rookies - CB had me worried

cmh6476 09-11-2020 08:22 AM

I saw a group of fans going in all wearing his jersey. Probably his family members. They must have been proud for his first NFL game.

saphojunkie 09-11-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15140490)

4th round pick who can start day one at CB? If he’s up to the task, that’s a hell of a pickup.

He was up to the task.

Pitt Gorilla 09-11-2020 09:45 PM

Absolutely love this kid. How in the world did he last that long in the draft?

kcclone 09-11-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15162999)

I think because he moved to safety his SR year and he’s really more of a corner

Coach 09-11-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15162999)

Going off by memory, he switched to safety position.

Edited: Beaten by kcclone, but yeah, that.

Skyy God 09-15-2020 07:50 AM

World. Class. Sneed.

“Sneed, though, did make the interception, and he returned the ball 39 yards to the Texans’ 17-yard line. He even displayed his elite speed, reaching 21.38 mph on the play, making him the fastest ball carrier in the game, according to Next Gen Stats.”

First Chiefs rookie CB to start Week 1 since Peters in 2015, who also had a pick.

htismaqe 09-15-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15169673)
World. Class. Sneed.

“Sneed, though, did make the interception, and he returned the ball 39 yards to the Texans’ 17-yard line. He even displayed his elite speed, reaching 21.38 mph on the play, making him the fastest ball carrier in the game, according to Next Gen Stats.”

First Chiefs rookie CB to start Week 1 since Peters in 2015, who also had a pick.

WOOT!

BossChief 09-15-2020 09:14 AM

Has a little Brandon Carr in him. Maybe even a little better.

O.city 09-15-2020 09:20 AM

He's an elite athlete for sure. Which at CB, is great.

Dont' wanna jump to any conclusions, but damn the guy looked really good last week. Just polished and vet like out there. With those measurables, if he can play that way, dang.

Skyy God 09-15-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15169777)
Has a little Brandon Carr in him. Maybe even a little better.

Good comp but Sneed is more athletic. Ran a 4.37 combine 40. Carr ran a pro day 4.43.

And 6" better on the vert and broad jump.