ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Terminator: Dark Fate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323073)

Bowser 11-07-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14567980)
:doh!: What a load of BS. This wasnt some PC movie. Where do people get that idea? There is no politics in this movie.:shake:

Sooooooo -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9pfTQ3FsjvA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious 11-07-2019 06:54 PM

Razorfist kicks ass.

Sorry 11-07-2019 10:03 PM

Was very good and well paced. Awesome action movie

Deberg_1990 11-11-2019 10:30 AM

Saw it the other day. It was fun, entertaining and the action was cool. I’d give it a thumbs up

But was it truly necessary? Not really. Didn’t really add much to the overall series.

It’s basically a remake of the original with a gender flip and better
Special effects.

Spoiler!

Sure-Oz 11-11-2019 02:55 PM

Saw it this morning. Terminator Dark Fate is a worthy sequel imo. Really enjoyed it and hope more people see it if they liked Terminator 1&2. Solid job by Cameron and Tim Miller and everyone. Sarah Connor is the heart. It felt as close to Terminator 2 as possible. I'm satisfied...hope this franchise isn't dead but box office probably says it is.

The younger cast was solid as well as Arnold and Linda were great once again.

This movie may have been more of a success in spring/summer or if it was made a few years later. 4/5 for me as well.

Sure-Oz 11-11-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14568685)
The CGI/live action mashup during the beach seen was flawless, young Terminator looked real to the eye

That was fantastic imo...real holy shit moment.

Tribal Warfare 11-11-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14590118)
That was fantastic imo...real holy shit moment.

As I said before remember Kyle Reese is still alive

Sure-Oz 11-11-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14590147)
As I said before remember Kyle Reese is still alive

Did that beach scene upset you? I was at first...kindve surprised but it definitely looked incredible. I can see some or half the fans automatically being turned off.

Too bad we'll never see Kyle Reese again. I assume this will be the last one for quite some time since it's failing. Heard this was going to be a trilogy. 72% on Rotten Tomatoes and 84% audience score.

Deberg_1990 11-11-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14590429)
Did that beach scene upset you? I was at first...kindve surprised but it definitely looked incredible. I can see some or half the fans automatically being turned off.

Too bad we'll never see Kyle Reese again. I assume this will be the last one for quite some time since it's failing. Heard this was going to be a trilogy. 72% on Rotten Tomatoes and 84% audience score.

Yea, im sure its the last one for quite a while....But i thought that about the last one too which bombed.

Tribal Warfare 11-11-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14590429)

I was more surprised how they're write themselves out of it and gave them a pass if they wanted to do another continuity because Genysis gave it a loophole of a multiverse.

007 11-25-2019 09:42 PM

Damn the movie is already out of both our theaters. Was it that bad?

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14619624)

Not at all and it wasn't a SJW movie which Cameron prevented as producer

Deberg_1990 11-26-2019 06:47 AM

Quote:

No. It’s a good movie.

I just think all the animosity built up towards the last few movies killed the franchise.

There’s just very little audience for this franchise anymore.

007 11-26-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14619928)
No. It’s a good movie.

I just think all the animosity built up towards the last few movies killed the franchise.

Really disappointed I missed it. Thought it would run longer than that. Both theaters dropped it last Friday. Guess I'm off to find a stream today.

BigRedChief 11-26-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14619928)
No. It’s a good movie.

Agree with Deberg, I think it was backlash for the previous crap versions.

I though it was the best one since the original Sarah Conner trilogy. I was entertained. You could definitely see the influence of Cameron.

Sure-Oz 11-26-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14620081)
Agree with Deberg, I think it was backlash for the previous crap versions.

I though it was the best one since the original Sarah Conner trilogy. I was entertained. You could definitely see the influence of Cameron.

Yeah I agree...a little ticked how one part went at the beginning but it had potential for a trilogy. Probably won't happen now.

Sorry 11-26-2019 01:56 PM

I honestly really enjoyed it and so did my wife. The only part that was like meh was “you don’t need a man” like but that wasn’t geared towards me it was geared towards my wife. I thought it was a solid flick that should’ve been released in the summer. Would love to see a continuation.

ScareCrowe 11-26-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14619824)
Not at all and it wasn't a SJW movie which Cameron prevented as producer

I haven't seen it so I can't say whether this is true or not, but at least from my point of view I lost interest as soon as I heard they in essence replaced John Conner with another female plus added another female main character. Terminator was a movie that had a strong female lead, removing all the males sans Arnold feels a bit like the Ghost busters reboot.

The thing is they can add all the female characters they want, my wife isn't going to want to watch a "Terminator" movie. Same with Ghost busters, their only chance of getting my wife to watch either movie is to appeal to me & she will go with me. Once I lost interest they lost us both. To me it's like casting "The Rock" in "Sleepless in Seattle 2" to draw in the male action flick crowd. You just alienate your real fanbase & you're never going to win over the other side.

Just Passin' By 11-26-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Yes

Mennonite 11-26-2019 04:22 PM

Should have stopped after the first one.

ThaVirus 11-26-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14620584)
Should have stopped after the first one.

T2 is one of the greatest action movies of all time, you asshole.

Sorry 11-26-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 14620429)
I haven't seen it so I can't say whether this is true or not, but at least from my point of view I lost interest as soon as I heard they in essence replaced John Conner with another female plus added another female main character. Terminator was a movie that had a strong female lead, removing all the males sans Arnold feels a bit like the Ghost busters reboot.

The thing is they can add all the female characters they want, my wife isn't going to want to watch a "Terminator" movie. Same with Ghost busters, their only chance of getting my wife to watch either movie is to appeal to me & she will go with me. Once I lost interest they lost us both. To me it's like casting "The Rock" in "Sleepless in Seattle 2" to draw in the male action flick crowd. You just alienate your real fanbase & you're never going to win over the other side.

You’re over thinking it. It’s a ****ing action film, and a solid one pace and plot wise. It’s not star wars level sjw shit.

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14620661)
T2 is one of the greatest action movies of all time, you asshole.

T2 is a mother****ing masterpiece

Sure-Oz 11-26-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14620814)
T2 is a mother****ing masterpiece

It's one of the best sequels imo...and yeah they should've stopped there. That said I really liked where this one was headed

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14620995)
It's one of the best sequels imo...and yeah they should've stopped there. That said I really liked where this one was headed

IMO,Kyle Reese would've knocked up the lead in the movie and fulfill his destiny as the savior of mankind's father if they're planning to continue the franchise

Mennonite 11-27-2019 09:40 AM

T2 is a shitty movie and not just because you have to listen to Edward Furlong screeching for 120 minutes. No, the reason it sucks is because they turn the T-800 into a joke. How many scenes involve the goddamn Terminator acting as comic relief? He's a ****ing unstoppable killer cyborg from the future and he's doing lame "fish out of water" bits like he's Balki from Perfect Strangers.

Oh, and they also manage to give him this candyass last line:

"Now I know why you cry"

And then sinks himself into molten slag as John "Badass Future Saviour of Humanity" screeches and blubbers like a bitch.

The only time the T 800 should use a line like that is if he's just shoved a canister of teargas in someone's ass.

Anyway, it sucked. But people were too stupid to realize how bad the cheesy comedy elements were until the third movie. Guess what dumbasses? It's the same type of shit you loved in the last movie.

P.S. Robert Patrick was cool and I loved the nuking scene with Sarah Conner clinging to the chain link fence.

ScareCrowe 11-27-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14620724)
You’re over thinking it. It’s a ****ing action film, and a solid one pace and plot wise. It’s not star wars level sjw shit.

I'd argue the film makers over thought it. It's a genre built for males, eliminating all the male leads isn't the best move. It may have been solid pace & plot wise but when you turn off your core audience (males) they aren't going to go to see that the pacing & plot are solid because they were turned off when it looks like just another female reboot. Females were never going to flock to a Terminator movie no matter how many women leads you install.

ThaVirus 11-27-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14621214)
T2 is a shitty movie and not just because you have to listen to Edward Furlong screeching for 120 minutes. No, the reason it sucks is because they turn the T-800 into a joke. How many scenes involve the goddamn Terminator acting as comic relief? He's a ****ing unstoppable killer cyborg from the future and he's doing lame "fish out of water" bits like he's Balki from Perfect Strangers.

Oh, and they also manage to give him this candyass last line:

"Now I know why you cry"

And then sinks himself into molten slag as John "Badass Future Saviour of Humanity" screeches and blubbers like a bitch.

The only time the T 800 should use a line like that is if he's just shoved a canister of teargas in someone's ass.

Anyway, it sucked. But people were too stupid to realize how bad the cheesy comedy elements were until the third movie. Guess what dumbasses? It's the same type of shit you loved in the last movie.

P.S. Robert Patrick was cool and I loved the nuking scene with Sarah Conner clinging to the chain link fence.

They introduced a 12 year old John Connor; levity in such a situation makes sense. Notice we really only got comedic bits out of the T-800s interactions with the kid.

He was hardly a joke anyway. His intro in the bar was ****ing awesome, showing up to save John in the mall (with the shotgun in the flower box) was ****ing awesome, the freeway motorcycle rescue scene was ****ing awesome, “come with me if you want to live” was ****ing awesome, neutralizing the entire SWAT and police force at Cyberdyne with 0 human casualties was ****ing awesome. He legit jumped from the pickup truck onto the hood of the tanker and just unloaded a clip into the windshield at the T-1000, then ripped the steering wheel causing it to crash.

That movie was great and the T-800 was a ****ing baller. You’ve just got some unjustified hate boner.

Easy 6 11-27-2019 02:36 PM

Going off on T2 like that is just flat out reeruned

Mennonite 11-27-2019 03:00 PM

Sucked.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14621679)
Sucked.

Why do you hate America?

Legit classic.

Mennonite 11-27-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14621701)
Why do you hate America?

Legit classic.

Deberg is on your side, guys.

I rest my case.

ThaVirus 11-27-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14621714)
Deberg is on your side, guys.

I rest my case.

Everyone is "on our side".

You're the only person on the planet who would argue T2 sucked.

Mennonite 11-27-2019 04:33 PM

You know what wouldn't have sucked? If James Cameron had done a prequel set in the future. An action packed grim and gritty war picture about John Conner and his rebellion against Skynet.

No annoying kids. No lame wisecracks. Just man vs machine in a dystopian hellscape.

ScareCrowe 11-27-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14621799)
You know what wouldn't have sucked? If James Cameron had done a prequel set in the future. An action packed grim and gritty war picture about John Conner and his rebellion against Skynet.

No annoying kids. No lame wisecracks. Just man vs machine in a dystopian hellscape.

They did (although I', not sure how it would be a prequel since the original was set in the present), it was called Terminator: Salvation, it didn't do well.

Mennonite 11-27-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 14621832)
They did (although I', not sure how it would be a prequel since the original was set in the present), it was called Terminator: Salvation, it didn't do well.

That wasn't James Cameron circa 1990 in "Aliens" mode though. That was some warmed over Transformers shit directed by some douche named "McG.'

Easy 6 11-27-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14621799)

I would’ve LOVED that

But you’re still a ****ing reerun about T2

Mennonite 11-27-2019 08:36 PM

If Philip K. Dick wrote the Terminator:

In the future, scientist/revolutionary John Conner captures a Skynet factory and creates a divergent strain of artificial humans i.e. Replicants. He sends one of these new artificial humans into the past to protect (and impregnate) Sarah Conner. John insures his own birth as a human/replicant hybrid. No pure human could have survived the nuclear holocaust. Only a hybrid like John could. The war after Judgement Day isn't a war of Man vs. Machine. Humanity is gone. It's now a battle between machine and something "more human than human" to see who inherits what's left of the Earth.

Hasta la vista, origami unicorn.

Sure-Oz 11-27-2019 11:32 PM

The Terminator is a learning computer though...that's why he understands why thf kid cries or jokes etc

Anyone seen this deleted scene?

https://screencrush.com/terminator-2...computer-chip/

notorious 11-28-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14622161)
The Terminator is a learning computer though...that's why he understands why thf kid cries or jokes etc

Anyone seen this deleted scene?

https://screencrush.com/terminator-2...computer-chip/

I've seen that scene in an uncut version. They cut a lot of stuff out that would have been nice to know 30 years ago.

The freezing of the T1000 caused it to glitch, and it couldn't morph perfectly after that. Also,the T1000 scanned Connor's bedroom with his hands.

Here is a compilation of deleted scenes. The first one is the same as what you posted.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tZNE637BeEI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 11-30-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 14620429)

I’m 100% behind every post you’ve made in this thread

It was genuinely enjoyable thanks to a strong suspension of disbelief IMO, but from a practical stance you’re spot on

No amount of strong, we’re just as good as you men! leading roles they cast will make girlfriends and wives give a damn about these kinda movies

Mennonite 11-30-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14624840)
I’m 100% behind every post you’ve made in this thread

It was genuinely enjoyable thanks to a strong suspension of disbelief IMO, but from a practical stance you’re spot on

No amount of strong, we’re just as good as you men! leading roles they cast will make girlfriends and wives give a damn about these kinda movies

What if it was Wonder Woman fighting Terminators?

Sure-Oz 11-30-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14622453)
I've seen that scene in an uncut version. They cut a lot of stuff out that would have been nice to know 30 years ago.

The freezing of the T1000 caused it to glitch, and it couldn't morph perfectly after that. Also,the T1000 scanned Connor's bedroom with his hands.

Here is a compilation of deleted scenes. The first one is the same as what you posted.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tZNE637BeEI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is pretty cool stuff.