ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Are you going to watch the Super Bowl? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320824)

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14067063)
On that note, NFL Network is my baseline choice for background noise on the TV, and I'm pointedly going to avoid that channel for the next two weeks. I don't want to hear anything about Tom Brady and whoever else is in that team's jersey. I'm just sick and tired of the same story year after year after year.

I wouldn't be against watching the pro bowl, but that's a really low priority so I'll probably skip it too, just because they'll probably talk about Tom Brady and other guys in his jersey.

Yup, I'm just waiting for Spring Training, working, and focusing on shoring-up plans for Cozumel and 4-5 dives a day.

I know the NFL i more than willing to lose the KC market in favor of the Boston market, and they won't "lose" it, it'll just be impacted by a bit of a percentage point, but there's nothing I can do about people not willing to send a message to the league by boycotting anything Pats.

Might run over to the east side of the state and dive a mine to avoid anything NFL on 2/3/2019..

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 14067123)
Nope. I'm going goose hunting in the morning and then working on the floor of a fishing boat in the evening. The Patriots ruined the Super Blow for me years ago, but I watched, hoping the NFC team would beat them. Now, that the Lambs got gifted and the Saints got fisted, I can't, in good conscience, root for the Lambs either. So no.

It's not PC for me to type what I'm rooting for, not who...

Rain Man 01-23-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14067251)
Yup, I'm just waiting for Spring Training, working, and focusing on shoring-up plans for Cozumel and 4-5 dives a day.

I know the NFL i more than willing to lose the KC market in favor of the Boston market, and they won't "lose" it, it'll just be impacted by a bit of a percentage point, but there's nothing I can do about people not willing to send a message to the league by boycotting anything Pats.

Might run over to the east side of the state and dive a mine to avoid anything NFL on 2/3/2019..

New Chiefsplanet motto: "I'd rather find myself underwater in an abandoned mine than watch a Patriots game."

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14067306)
New Chiefsplanet motto: "I'd rather find myself underwater in an abandoned mine than watch a Patriots game."

That might be my new passphrase.

Rasputin 01-23-2019 01:51 PM

Think I'm going be busy that day doing something.

Not really boycotting the Patriots being in the Super Bowl I think they deserve it after a hell of a game against us just a coin flip difference. I just have better things to do that day just not high on the interest list.

I'm in the process of getting ready to move to Fort Scott and transfer with my job to Osawatomie State Hospital. It's a big move across state for me but I'm looking at new opportunities for fishing holes and get to go to Royals games and absolutely get to go to some Chiefs games that is going be a hell of a lot of fun that I miss out on because I live out in Tomb**** Egypt.

TheBayouBullet 01-23-2019 02:05 PM

I was going to make a thread about this, but as a newly-registered member it appears I'm unable to post at present - though if someone else would, it'd sure be appreciated! Regardless, if there is any fan base in the NFL that deserves an invitation to join the Who Dat Nation at this event, it's the Kansas City faithful.

I can't post the link because of said newly-registered status, but Google the Boycott Bowl festival that's about to go down in NOLA on Super Bowl Sunday (you can find it on Facebook, too). The event is still in the process of being organized (not by me), but it's worth keeping track of if anyone feels like making a protest trek to the Big Easy. There is no doubt that anyone in a Chiefs jersey would get a warm, warm reception.

It should have been us, guys. It should have been us.

WarChiefs89 01-23-2019 02:12 PM

The real question is does Chiefs nation want Brady to win with the hope he walks away???

I will be pulling for them with that exact hope. Sure it sucks they are this dominant, but if the Chiefs aren't winning it this yr I don't really care who does. If I'm putting my Chiefs fandom in front of my pats hatred... unfortunately that means I'm a pats fan next week.

carcosa 01-23-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie (Post 14066140)
Not getting a rating off of my TV.

Do you have a Nielsen box on your TV

scho63 01-23-2019 02:25 PM

No and I'll watch the commercials online

Rain Man 01-23-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBayouBullet (Post 14067420)
I was going to make a thread about this, but as a newly-registered member it appears I'm unable to post at present - though if someone else would, it'd sure be appreciated! Regardless, if there is any fan base in the NFL that deserves an invitation to join the Who Dat Nation at this event, it's the Kansas City faithful.

I can't post the link because of said newly-registered status, but Google the Boycott Bowl festival that's about to go down in NOLA on Super Bowl Sunday (you can find it on Facebook, too). The event is still in the process of being organized (not by me), but it's worth keeping track of if anyone feels like making a protest trek to the Big Easy. There is no doubt that anyone in a Chiefs jersey would get a warm, warm reception.

(Brohug.) Welcome to the Republic of Mahomes, my friend.

TheBayouBullet 01-23-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14067514)
(Brohug.) Welcome to the Republic of Mahomes, my friend.

I spent half the season pulling for Mahomes to choke so Brees could finally win league MVP. Now I'd give anything to see either one of them in the Big One. It's all just so wrong.

crayzkirk 01-23-2019 02:57 PM

I will probably watch the replay to see if the Rams coaches and players can stop the Patriots from simply playing basic football.

CoMoChief 01-23-2019 02:59 PM

I'll have it on, or will be at a friend's house...but I won't really watch it.

I'll be too busy drinking and eating food.

Frazod 01-23-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChiefs89 (Post 14067437)
The real question is does Chiefs nation want Brady to win with the hope he walks away???

I will be pulling for them with that exact hope. Sure it sucks they are this dominant, but if the Chiefs aren't winning it this yr I don't really care who does. If I'm putting my Chiefs fandom in front of my pats hatred... unfortunately that means I'm a pats fan next week.

I'd rather see somebody throw his helmet into the stands while his ****ing head is still inside it.

Is that wrong?

1Ten 01-23-2019 03:21 PM

I might be up for replays of key stuff, so I can ff thru the commercials.

FAX 01-23-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Consider yourself chambered.

FAX

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Welcome aboard Pats-hater....

https://www.facebook.com/events/2125065277613134/

EDIT: Let's hope YOUR owner walks into the next owners meeting and starts the meeting with a hearty "**** YOU" to Goodell, and remind them that they are best advised to STFU because she's got dirt on the NFL and she's more than willing to go "NOLA Mob" all over them if they step out of line. And tell them that adding reviews of PI isn't enough, to keep her quiet they're going to have to fix a LOT more than that. I know ours won't.

swifty32661 01-23-2019 04:03 PM

If there were a guarantee that Brady walks away with a SB win this time...hell, yeah i'd root for the Patriot's to win. He's such a narcissist though..it's going to take him completely shitting the bed during the regular season/not making the playoffs before he retires me thinks. :cuss::cuss:

Quote:

tooge 01-23-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swifty32661 (Post 14067803)
If there were a guarantee that Brady walks away with a massive injury to his pecker, rendering him unable to walk again, ..hell, yeah i'd root for the Patriot's to win. He's such a narcissist though..it's going to take him completely shitting the bed during the regular season/not making the playoffs before he retires me thinks. :cuss::cuss:

FYP

Frosty 01-23-2019 04:43 PM

No. I have a bad case of Patriots fatigue. The SB isn't worth watching for the teams, the commercials have gotten lamer every year (and can be watched on Youtube in a fraction of the time), and the halftime show will suck. It's my birthday weekend and I'm not wasting my time watching this pile of shit.

If it turns out the game was good (ie, the Pats get destroyed), I'll catch it on one of the 4000 inevitable replays on NFLN.

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 04:55 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, the mine isn't open to dive on the 3rd.

I guess I'll drive to Iowa and dive Iowanian's farm pond!

Easy 6 01-23-2019 04:57 PM

Let me say this with absolute sincerity... NO, **** this game

For the very first time in my life, I'm voluntarily skipping the "big game", and I hope millions of other Americans join me, I hope it's the lowest rated piece of shit the NFL has ever had

And in all honesty it's not 100% because WE didn't make it, it's because I want NOTHING to do with another goddamn pats appearance... and also because LA was gifted their appearance to generate interest in the nations 2nd largest market

Both of these teams can eat shit and die

I'll be renting some movies or maybe going on some kind of road trip, followed by a nice dinner

bdj23 01-23-2019 05:00 PM

Nah. I might turn it on for background noise while I play on my phone or something

38yrsfan 01-23-2019 05:20 PM

Nope. Fabricated entertainment to benefit the NFL dementia we are subjected to has no appeal.

That itch was scratched when they introduced, repealed, then reinstated Instant Replay. Now it is a tool for game guidance.

DinoHackett 01-23-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 14065929)
Yes, yes it is.

No, no it isn't.

displacedinMN 01-23-2019 06:37 PM

#boycottpatsandteamthatcitydoesnotknowitexistssuperbowl

alpha_omega 01-23-2019 06:47 PM

Two teams I hate, but yes. Absolutely.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 14067015)
I'm really trying to talk myself out of it, because I'm just exhausted with the Patriots. Kind of like Carcosa said, it doesn't even really matter if they lose the SB anymore. Just the fact they're part of it and the hype turns me off. I have zero interest. Plus, I really don't give a shit about the Rams.

Thing is, the SB is such a part of my routine (haven't missed one since probably 1974 or 75) and the national consciousness, I almost feel obligated to tune in. But I'm patiently waiting to see if my disgust holds out to the end. Told the wife last night, maybe we could still fix a big spread, but maybe do something else like catch up on movies or TV episodes.

Thanks, New England, for ruining the Super Bowl!

And this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about; over-saturation of an illegitimate franchise in the name of overseas marketing and expansion. Even people who love football do NOT want to watch this shit!

Like Mr. Plinkett always says, "you didn't see it, but your BRAIN did".

PHOG 01-23-2019 07:48 PM

Probably for a little while anyways, until I either lose interest or get fed up with the bs, then will watch or do something else. :shrug:

eDave 01-23-2019 07:50 PM

It's probably going to be a good game though.

Why Not? 01-23-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Absolutely. Plus, I’m already sick of McVay and douche bro Goff

BigCatDaddy 01-23-2019 08:35 PM

Im not butthurt about the loss but this game does nothing for me. Ill probably hit the gym and watch it between sets or soemthing. Just ready to get rocking again next season.

Easy 6 01-23-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 14067123)
Nope. I'm going goose hunting in the morning and then working on the floor of a fishing boat in the evening. The Patriots ruined the Super Blow for me years ago, but I watched, hoping the NFC team would beat them. Now, that the Lambs got gifted and the Saints got fisted, I can't, in good conscience, root for the Lambs either. So no.

Sounds a helluva lot more exciting than this... I'd rather watch a dog take a shit

AssEaterChief 01-23-2019 09:11 PM

According to the poll....about a third of you should never watch football again.

"No. I have had enough of the incompetence of the officials."

Spoiler alert: this is never going to change so put a diaper on and get over it.

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14068204)
It's probably going to be a good game though.

I'll bet the NFL's NYC offices are writing one hell of a script for their officials to steer on SB Sunday...

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14068486)
I'll bet the NFL's NYC offices are writing one hell of a script for their officials to steer on SB Sunday...

Rut-Roh, Raggy.... :)

Cornstock 01-23-2019 11:14 PM

No. In the past I've headed to the local watering hole and done it up. I'll pass this year.

-King- 01-23-2019 11:20 PM

Probably will. And I know I'll get killed for this...but I hope the Patriots win. At least they deserve to be in the Superbowl unlike the Rams IMO.

GloucesterChief 01-23-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14068584)
Probably will. And I know I'll get killed for this...but I hope the Patriots win. At least they deserve to be in the Superbowl unlike the Rams IMO.

My opinion on the Pats is less hate and more 'just go away'.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2019 11:27 PM

You won't get killed, we've completely given up on you.

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14068584)

How about a baseball-size meteor hits the stadium just after kickoff?

suzzer99 01-24-2019 12:04 AM

Right now thinking hell no but I'll probably change my mind and watch and root for the Rams.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-24-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14068594)
How about a baseball-size meteor hits the stadium just after kickoff?

ONLY if said meteor can pass through Boston on its way to ATL, and release a poisonous gas which genetically renders the entire city and surrounding area sterile.

GloryDayz 01-24-2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14068635)
ONLY if said meteor can pass through Boston on its way to ATL, and release a poisonous gas which genetically renders the entire city and surrounding area sterile.

If my wish for a meteor to end two of earth's worst groups of people isn't too much, perhaps two would be be OK too...

SuperBowl4 01-24-2019 06:59 AM

Yes. I will watch The :arrow: CHIEFS destroy the Vikings again for the 49th consecutive year Anybody looking forward to ISRABOWL XII?

luv 01-24-2019 08:35 AM

Eh, it's football, and I like football. There are players on both teams that I would especially love to see lose. And, like a typical female, I like the commercials, and seeing what train wreck will happen during halftime.