ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Security line getting into the stadium (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320745)

jjkrueg 01-22-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14062799)
My group had several phones dying because of the cold. My phone had the tickets so we were fine, but definitely something to consider if you are going all mobile tickets to a cold weather game.

The backup though is getting thru the metal detectors, you don’t dig your e ticket out until your they that part. The ticket scanners are usually waiting on people to get thru the security in my experience.

Either ways it’s out of hand. They need way more metal detectors or just wand everyone, it’s probably quicker. Watch the detectors, they flash red every time, I’m not sure they are even effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinger 01-22-2019 11:32 AM

STH holder for 15+ years and this years was the worst by far..... We we at the Community America gate and took the running back method - if there was a break or hole in the line you took it. Lined up at 4:25 got in at 5:10.

Eleazar 01-22-2019 11:35 AM

Had no issues, but we didn't wait until the last minute to go in, either.

DinoHackett 01-22-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 14063643)
STH holder for 15+ years and this years was the worst by far..... We we at the Community America gate and took the running back method - if there was a break or hole in the line you took it. Lined up at 4:25 got in at 5:10.

^^You could beaten up doing that dude.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinoHackett (Post 14063662)
^^You could beaten up doing that dude.

I had a chat with a guy behind me. Guy put his hand in the small of my back and literally shoved forward. I figured it must have been my buddy just dicking around but nope - just some asshole that thinks that's a good idea.

He started with this "hey, settle down man" shit after I turned and said my piece and I hadn't raised my voice or even swore at him. I just said that's gonne be the last time he does that and I let him know that he's damn lucky I was plenty 'settled down' already because there are a lot of dudes in this line that would've already kicked his ass without saying a word for that crap.

I couldn't believe it. Who pushes a ****ing stranger?

Titty Meat 01-22-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14063677)
I had a chat with a guy behind me. Guy put his hand in the small of my back and literally shoved forward. I figured it must have been my buddy just dicking around but nope - just some asshole that thinks that's a good idea.

He started with this "hey, settle down man" shit after I turned and said my piece and I hadn't raised my voice or even swore at him. I just said that's gonne be the last time he does that and I let him know that he's damn lucky I was plenty 'settled down' already because there are a lot of dudes in this line that would've already kicked his ass without saying a word for that crap.

I couldn't believe it. Who pushes a ****ing stranger?

I would have put you in a headlock and removed you from the line

gblowfish 01-22-2019 11:50 AM

I had a guy in line next to me that offered me a tug off his Jack Daniels three or four times (No thanks, dude...can I get an STD from a bottle of Jack?) He kept telling me his life story; that he went to Wyandotte and played basketball with Larry Drew and he always liked Norm Stewart even though he hates Mizzou and yap yap yap. Meanwhile the sun is going down, my wife is slowly turning blue and I've moved about ten feet in 30 minutes. And I have to pee. Besides that, it was tons of fun.

Demonpenz 01-22-2019 12:02 PM

I sat at home and got some work done watched the game on my giant big screen then went back and got some stuff done. Saved enough money to take the lil lady on vacation.

Frazod 01-22-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14063424)
My phone died right when we got through security and before they were going to scan my tix. I had to pull out a sticky toe warmer and put on the back for about 5 minutes and it turned back on... iphones hate the cold and even with a full battery go black if they get too cold.

Well shit, that explains it. I was recording the National Anthem when mine blacked out - when I got it back on the battery was almost gone. I had no idea they performed that poorly in cold weather.

chuxtrux 01-22-2019 12:27 PM

We got in line about 40 minutes before the Jaguars game and missed the entire first quarter. I think we were in line for a good solid hour. For the AFC Championship Game, we got in line about an hour and ten minutes before kickoff and waited only about 20 minutes. As another poster mentioned, the key is to get in the middle lines. Even if it looks a little longe. If you get in on the edges you are going to be screwed.

SAUTO 01-22-2019 12:37 PM

I had a guy walk up and try to hand me 20 bucks to let them get in line in front of me "hey buddy you gonna let us getin here, right? "

Me: "nope" and let the 20 fall on the ground.

**** that

seclark 01-22-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14063853)
I had a guy walk up and try to hand me 20 bucks to let them get in line in front of me "hey buddy you gonna let us getin here, right? "

**** that

had a guy pay me $5 to get front of me to piss in one of the outside porta potties in the parking lot. he was hurtingROFL. i gave it to a lady standing behind me cause i had to go too bad to let her cut in.
sec

gblowfish 01-22-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14063853)

**** that

Good for you.
I hate it when people try to buy privilege on the cheap. Make it $200 and we'll talk...

suzzer99 01-22-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14063880)
Good for you.
I hate it when people try to buy privilege on the cheap. Make it $200 and we'll talk...

The briber needs to be smart about it too. Come up and say "Bob! I finally got parked. How's it going bro? You freeze to death yet?"

Before "Bob" can respond, you shake his hand and slap in at least a $20. Then give him a pleading smile, hope he plays along and no one else saw it.

007 01-22-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14063656)
Had no issues, but we didn't wait until the last minute to go in, either.

Niether did we. I hope that wasn't meant as a slight because I considered blowing up on you for this post and fought back the urge.

007 01-22-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14063415)
Yep - that's the one.

Look, anyone blaming the fans here has no idea what actually happened. The other gates didn't do this according to anyone else I spoke with. They were moving according to script.

At this gate, however, the line wouldn't move for 10-15 minute intervals and then suddenly the entire thing would just squeeze forward 3-4 strides with people pushing like a phalanx in medieval war. I've had STs for over a decade and while I am usually in early, I've gone in at all different times and with over 100 games of experience under my belt I have NEVER seen anything like that.

The people manning the Community America gate between lots F and E simply lost the damn thread. It was a complete failure on the part of Arrowhead and their security.

Thank you

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 14063643)

So you took the Dee Ford route, found the neutral zone, and got in it?

SAUTO 01-22-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14064399)
The briber needs to be smart about it too. Come up and say "Bob! I finally got parked. How's it going bro? You freeze to death yet?"

Before "Bob" can respond, you shake his hand and slap in at least a $20. Then give him a pleading smile, hope he plays along and no one else saw it.

That's almost exactly what he tried. Acted like he knew me and tried to slip a 20 when he shook hand. I didn't take the money so it fell.

The letting him in part was said quieter than the hey buddy part lol

suzzer99 01-22-2019 07:40 PM

Then he picked the wrong accomplice obviously. You must look Italian or something. #UPTOP

Dartgod 01-22-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14063142)
I'm surprised there arent fights in line when I went to the Colts game everybody was cutting infront of everyone

We were at the Community 'Merica gate and there were a couple of guys that looked like they wanted to fight. There were few people between them and we were packed in so tight they's have never gotten to each other if they wanted to.

007 01-22-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 14065614)
We were at the Community 'Merica gate and there were a couple of guys that looked like they wanted to fight. There were few people between them and we were packed in so tight they's have never gotten to each other if they wanted to.

The one thing I kept saying was thank god I'm not claustrophobic. It was ****ing sardines in that line.

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 09:37 PM

I find the lines on the way in are when people are at their coolest. It's a party. Nobody seems ready to fight anybody.

007 01-22-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14065840)
I find the lines on the way in are when people are at their coolest. It's a party. Nobody seems ready to fight anybody.

agreed, waiting in line sucks but everybody stayed pretty cool. Well until kickoff when they all started screaming LET US IN. LMAO

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14066023)
agreed, waiting in line sucks but everybody stayed pretty cool. Well until kickoff when they all started screaming LET US IN. LMAO

True, but we got in the weekend before just before kickoff.

I'm not sure what they're going to do, but this electronic deal isn't working very well.

007 01-22-2019 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14066045)
True, but we got in the weekend before just before kickoff.

I'm not sure what they're going to do, but this electronic deal isn't working very well.

I've always headed in around 45 minutes prior to the game and never missed pregame intros or the anthem at this gate. Based on previous experiences 1 hour should have been more than enough. There was clearly something wrong with how security was screening at this gate for this game.

Unfortunately, we will probably never know. This shit continues next year and that may end me attending games. That said, if they increase the ticket prices again this year, that may end me sooner.

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14066084)
I've always headed in around 45 minutes prior to the game and never missed pregame intros or the anthem at this gate. Based on previous experiences 1 hour should have been more than enough. There was clearly something wrong with how security was screening at this gate for this game.

Unfortunately, we will probably never know. This shit continues next year and that may end me attending games. That said, if they increase the ticket prices again this year, that may end me sooner.

I'm a former STH, and I've loved the freedom to go when I want/can. With my hockey schedule it gets tough, but we go enough IMO, and not paying for preseason is wonderful.

007 01-23-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14066092)
I'm a former STH, and I've loved the freedom to go when I want/can. With my hockey schedule it gets tough, but we go enough IMO, and not paying for preseason is wonderful.

eh. If I drop season tickets, I probably won't go to any games. I don't care for the upcharge that comes with single game tickets.

A Salt Weapon 01-23-2019 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14062551)
Do other stadiums have this problem?

I don’t think so. I’ve been to numerous games in Seattle and never spent more than 10-15 minutes to get through security, also in Denver we tailgated until about 20 minutes before kickoff, and made it through security and to our seats before kickoff.

RINGLEADER 01-23-2019 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14060525)
We got into a small line around 415. Had no issues and got right through. That was lot C side.

When we walked by the lines on our way to the CP tailgate around 3, the lines were super long.

This was my experience. No problems on the lot C side.

But the pre-game sucked when the flyover screwed up the “home of the CHIEFS” part of the national anthem. Gave me flashbacks to 97 when they screwed blowing up Elway in effigy. I knew it wasn’t a good sign...

RINGLEADER 01-23-2019 04:04 AM

They also seem to have real issues at times scanning tickets off phones but not sure if that is a case-by-case thing or something else...

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14066117)
eh. If I drop season tickets, I probably won't go to any games. I don't care for the upcharge that comes with single game tickets.

Don't go that far man. I've almost never paid face value for tickets I've bought. Granted, the surcharges might take it over, but there's nothing worse than paying the same price for preseason. I know they'd just adjust the other games if we demanded to see a cheaper price for preseason on the ticket, but the point remains that paying close to face price for a 3-4 games a year is very nice...

Chiefspants 01-23-2019 02:09 PM

Had this issue in our game against Oakland.

We were 20 or so minutes early to the gate (hadn't seen a game since 2013 and figured we'd be fine).

Missed half of the first quarter, it was 14-0 when we got our seats.

Beerthirty 01-23-2019 06:58 PM

They took my peanuts out of my clear bad. Did they think k I'm gonna throw them at Tom Brady?

GloryDayz 01-23-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerthirty (Post 14068147)
They took my peanuts out of my clear bad. Did they think k I'm gonna throw them at Tom Brady?

Were they green?

Predarat 01-24-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjkrueg (Post 14062361)
Not sure if anyone has seen this but here is the gate in question. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac13145d70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes that looks awful. Glad there were not any crowd crushes or anything like that.