ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Why Maine is the worst f'ing state in the Union (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317533)

BucEyedPea 09-18-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 13742459)
I enjoy their class V rapids. :)

Me too! Did you do Penobscot, Kennebec or Dead River?

BucEyedPea 09-18-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13742629)
I also hate Maine. It's a popular vacation get-away destination but:

It's one of my favorite New England states and I don't see it as that flat. It has Portland which I enjoy, adorable little hamlets dotting the coast all the way up, rocky rugged coast, sailing to the wilderness areas in the interior such as Moose Head Lake, great river rafting and skiing in the winter. Freeport, where my brother lives, is nice too with great shopping.

If you like sailing, and my family is into it, it's a nice state and not as crowded as Cape Cod.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-18-2018 06:24 PM

The only job interview where a guy with "downs" offered me a job.

lewdog 09-18-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13744021)
Wyoming's largest city is Cheyenne...with a population of 60,000. ROFL

Yeah, not too many people there, and that's why we're thinking about moving there. Cold? It gets cold here in the midwest. I'll take it.

Yea bud you might wanna do a little more research on winters there compared to the Midwest.

You'll see consistent below zero temps. You'll see numerous -30 degree temps. You'll see crazy snow fall levels at times. You'll see wind following the snow that will knock your dick in the dirt.

Frazod 09-18-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 13744068)
Takes for ****ing ever!

You want to talk about a drive taking forever? The last time I drove across Kansas I was helping my cousin move from St. Louis to Los Angeles, driving a ****ing rental truck that wouldn't go over 55. After we got into the mountains it was beautiful scenery (or at least interesting scenery that was completely new to me) all the way to LA, but up until then, abject misery.

The worst part was thinking the shit would be over once I hit Colorado, only to realize that eastern Colorado is somehow actually worse than western Kansas. I think it was three or four hours before I could even see mountains on the horizon. Ugh.

rabblerouser 09-18-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13744308)
What, did they call you a masshole?

They call all mass folks that, even the ones formerly from Mass.

They take pride in it.

License plates like *MSSHLE* and stuff.

HemiEd 09-18-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13742395)
I have no comment on that matter. I'm merely posting an unbiased travel review.

ROFL I might offer some advice for the future.

If you go out to your rental car and it has Illinois plates, just go back in and demand a different car, like I did when I found a Daewoo in the spot that my rental car was supposed to be parked in at the Boston airport.

Maine and Vermont are two of our most beautiful states IMO, but I didn't get a ticket in either of them. :D

Zebedee DuBois 09-18-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13744335)
The only job interview where a guy with "downs" offered me a job.

and you didn't get the gig?

Rain Man 09-18-2018 08:44 PM

I view Amnorix as the resident expert on New England, so I'm convinced that my take on Maine is correct. If you like Maine and wish to change my opinion, you may send a check to help cover my $129 fine. I will start a gofundme called, "Pay Here To Make People Not Hate Maine."

Rain Man 09-18-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13743516)
Does this mean Missouri is the "hot chick"?

Compared to Maine, yes. But keep in mind that it's Maine we're comparing against. The state that other states keep at arm's length.

Rain Man 09-18-2018 08:50 PM

I'm now at Denver International Airport waiting for my missing bag, because some illiterate Maine yokel probably put it on the wrong flight.

Unclesam 09-18-2018 08:52 PM

y u go maine?

Rain Man 09-18-2018 09:02 PM

On the subject of desolate drives, I'll weigh in.

I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the big flat vistas in Kansas and Wyoming and eastern Colorado. I like seeing the horizon and I like the vastness of it.

It's been a while since I've crossed Illinois/Indiana/Ohio, but I remember it being less interesting than the plains. I couldn't see the horizon, but what I was seeing wasn't overly interesting.

I drove from Boston to Caribou on this Maine debacle. That's a long way. I took the interstate up, and then took the coastal highway for part of the way back. The coastal highway was an annoyance because it was slower and you couldn't see the coast other than a few places. The highway actually wasn't bad because it had some variation in terrain and the trees were different than I usually see. But the speed traps ruined it.

Honestly, the worst drives I've done have been in Georgia. It's perfectly flat and all you can see are trees on either side, and they close in on you. The trees there didn't look natural for some reason. It almost seemed like someone planted the trees just to block the views. Those drives have been pretty monotonous.

Rain Man 09-18-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unclesam (Post 13744634)
y u go maine?

Because it there.

Rain Man 09-18-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 13743873)
Can Maine play safety?

Maine is a cheap shot thug. We don't want Maine on our team. Maine is the Broncos of states. That's why their site is called the Orange Maine.

Frazod 09-18-2018 09:13 PM

Remember the Maine!

Bugeater 09-18-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13744419)
Yea bud you might wanna do a little more research on winters there compared to the Midwest.

You'll see consistent below zero temps. You'll see numerous -30 degree temps. You'll see crazy snow fall levels at times. You'll see wind following the snow that will knock your dick in the dirt.

Huh, that's not really what we've heard. It may be like that in areas but from what I understand Cheyenne rarely sees much snow, and when it does, the wind blows it away. But yeah, the wind is what we hear about, I guess it's pretty relentless. Haven't heard anything about sub zero temps either. But you can be sure I'll be watching the weather there this winter.

And even if they are worse, I'm hoping the dry summers make up for it. Because where I'm at now the weather pretty much sucks year around. We get some nice days here and there, but never for an extended amount of time and we don't know far enough ahead of time to be able to plan for them. It's a constant game of Russian Roulette.

lewdog 09-18-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13744679)
Huh, that's not really what we've heard. It may be like that in areas but from what I understand Cheyenne rarely sees much snow, and when it does, the wind blows it away. But yeah, the wind is what we hear about, I guess it's pretty relentless. Haven't heard anything about sub zero temps either. But you can be sure I'll be watching the weather there this winter.

And even if they are worse, I'm hoping the dry summers make up for it. Because where I'm at now the weather pretty much sucks year around. We get some nice days here and there, but never for an extended amount of time and we don't know far enough ahead of time to be able to plan for them. It's a constant game of Russian Roulette.

Oh I wasn't sure if your post was about Cheyenne or Wyoming in general. Then yes, Cheyenne is better than say western Wyoming weather-wise.

Fort Collins, CO is nice but I suppose Cheyenne is close enough and the cost of living is much cheaper than Fort Collins.

Bugeater 09-18-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13744689)
Oh I wasn't sure if your post was about Cheyenne or Wyoming in general. Then yes, Cheyenne is better than say western Wyoming weather-wise.

Fort Collins, CO is nice but I suppose Cheyenne is close enough and the cost of living is much cheaper than Fort Collins.

That's why we're looking up that way. Anywhere in Colorado is insane. Housing is a little higher in Cheyenne than it is here, but our property taxes would be 50% of what we're paying here. And no state income tax. And way less people.

Rain Man 09-18-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13744700)
That's why we're looking up that way. Anywhere in Colorado is insane. Housing is a little higher in Cheyenne than it is here, but our property taxes would be 50% of what we're paying here. And no state income tax. And way less people.

Yeah, I would think that Cheyenne's climate is similar to that of Fort Collins, which is quite tolerable. I also hear a lot about the wind in Wyoming, but I haven't been outside there enough to have any knowledge of it. I kind of like Cheyenne as a town. It's a bit small, but I think I could live there. Same with Laramie, and Laramie has the advantage of being a college town.

patteeu 09-18-2018 09:36 PM

I drove through Maine a couple of years ago. I kind of enjoyed the lobster roll I had. And I didn't have any problem speeding across the state although now that Rain Man explains the history, it's probably because I had Missouri plates and the people up there are grateful we got them in the Union.

Rain Man 09-18-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13744712)
I drove through Maine a couple of years ago. I kind of enjoyed the lobster roll I had. And I didn't have any problem speeding across the state although now that Rain Man explains the history, it's probably because I had Missouri plates and the people up there are grateful we got them in the Union.

Good point. That's probably a free pass. Without Missouri, they'd all be speaking Puerto Rican.

patteeu 09-18-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13744727)
Good point. That's probably a free pass. Without Missouri, they'd all be speaking Puerto Rican.

Maybe they pile the lobster higher on lobster rolls they make for people who pull up in Missouri vehicles too. :shrug:

Bugeater 09-18-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13744708)
Yeah, I would think that Cheyenne's climate is similar to that of Fort Collins, which is quite tolerable. I also hear a lot about the wind in Wyoming, but I haven't been outside there enough to have any knowledge of it. I kind of like Cheyenne as a town. It's a bit small, but I think I could live there. Same with Laramie, and Laramie has the advantage of being a college town.

Hey, you're close by, can you go spend a week there in January and report back to me? I would but then I'd have to drive across Nebraska two more times. I'm sure you understand.

Rain Man 09-18-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13744742)
Maybe they pile the lobster higher on lobster rolls they make for people who pull up in Missouri vehicles too. :shrug:

I bet that's it. I had Illinois plates, and Maine-ards probably don't know where that is.

Rain Man 09-18-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13744778)
Hey, you're close by, can you go spend a week there in January and report back to me? I would but then I'd have to drive across Nebraska two more times. I'm sure you understand.

Glad to do it. I'll charge you my normal hourly rate. You know it's worth it.

NJChiefsFan 09-18-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 13744068)
Takes for ****ing ever!

On my road trips to KC that is the worst part. That and the crazy mountains on 78.

Bwana 09-19-2018 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13744708)

The only Issue with that area is I-80 between Cheyenne and Laramie in the winter. As I'm sure you well know, it's only about 50 miles, but that stretch can get brutal. The whiteouts are as bad as it gets. There have been some huge pileups on that road because of zero visibility.

T-post Tom 09-19-2018 06:54 AM

How can anyone approve of a state that only has one syllable in its name?

Bugeater 09-19-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13744823)
Glad to do it. I'll charge you my normal hourly rate. You know it's worth it.

You got it. One frosty mug of root beer coming up.

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...1536694378643/

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13744621)
I view Amnorix as the resident expert on New England, so I'm convinced that my take on Maine is correct. If you like Maine and wish to change my opinion, you may send a check to help cover my $129 fine. I will start a gofundme called, "Pay Here To Make People Not Hate Maine."

I have to wonder how many times he's been to be qualified? I have family there. So I'm more of an expert. It's different when you live there, but you're free to hate it. I just think you missed the best parts. Their toll highways are no fun and lobster is always expensive but you can get a big fat roll at some joints.

So where in Maine did you go?

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13745004)

So call it Mainiacs instead. They get called that.

Amnorix 09-19-2018 07:41 AM

Did you guys who went to Maine go at the right time of season to enjoy all the blueberry goodness? They have blueberry flavored EVERYTHING.

Here's a link to one website. Blueberry BBQ sauce anyone? Blueberry honey? I remember being up there and thinking WTF is with blueberries in everything. Then I learned that Maine produces 99% of America's blueberries.

https://wildblueberryproducts.com/online-catalog.html

Bugeater 09-19-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13744974)
The only Issue with that area is I-80 between Cheyenne and Laramie in the winter. As I'm sure you well know, it's only about 50 miles, but that stretch can get brutal. The whiteouts are as bad as it gets. There have been some huge pileups on that road because of zero visibility.

Uhhh...I guess. A quick Google search turns up all kinds of fun stuff.

https://v.w-x.co/D-1275869.jpg

https://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.co...5&h=352&crop=1

https://content.newsinc.com/jpg/2831...g?t=1429562580

http://k2radio.com/files/2017/01/Uin...jpg?w=980&q=75

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13745062)
Did you guys who went to Maine go at the right time of season to enjoy all the blueberry goodness? They have blueberry flavored EVERYTHING.

Here's a link to one website. Blueberry BBQ sauce anyone? Blueberry honey? I remember being up there and thinking WTF is with blueberries in everything. Then I learned that Maine produces 99% of America's blueberries.

They are the BEST blueberries in the whole world. Little things bursting with flavor. I buy 'em frozen here at Costco and make my own sauce.

We pick 'em wild up there during the summer.

rabblerouser 09-19-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13744742)

They just give you the while lobster, a loaf of bread, and ramakin of melted butter.

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13745199)
They just give you the while lobster, a loaf of bread, and ramakin of melted butter.

There's a Connecticut Lobstah roll which is done with butter and the mayo one which is really a lobster salad.

There was a food truck in Maine I got a lobstah roll from 3 yrs ago, that was not expensive and loaded with lobster piled high falling out of the roll of bread. Really, a very generous serving. Best to go down to the wharfs in Portland to the fresh fish markets for a freshly caught lobster and make your own. They're not expensive that way. You can even taste some of the saltwater brine in a freshly boiled lobster— which I like. It's not too strong but makes if taste like it's from the sea more.

Rain Man 09-19-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13745004)

I can see how it came about. Some colonial guy was asking representatives "what shall your state be called?"

Dapperly dressed Boston guy with powdered wig: "We would like to be known as the Commonwealth of Massachusetts."

Classy looking Providence guy in blue minuteman regalia: We shall be the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations."

Goober in Elmer Fudd hat from Augusta with slow redneck accent. "Maine."

Rain Man 09-19-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13745053)
I have to wonder how many times he's been to be qualified? I have family there. So I'm more of an expert. It's different when you live there, but you're free to hate it. I just think you missed the best parts. Their toll highways are no fun and lobster is always expensive but you can get a big fat roll at some joints.

So where in Maine did you go?

You can't claim to be an expert and then talk up boring lobster lettuce sandwiches. Your credibility was destroyed with the whole lobster roll thing. Sorry about that. Pick some other state.

Rain Man 09-19-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13745062)

This makes a lot of sense because blueberries are the most boring fruit on the planet. I've never understood the appeal of blueberries. Every other berry has a hundred times more flavor.

I just despise Maine more with every day that passes.

ping2000 09-19-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13744657)
Maine is a cheap shot thug. We don't want Maine on our team. Maine is the Broncos of states. That's why their site is called the Orange Maine.

Won't be an issue now anyway. I heard Maine failed its physical. Has MRSA.

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13745329)
You can't claim to be an expert and then talk up boring lobster lettuce sandwiches. Your credibility was destroyed with the whole lobster roll thing. Sorry about that. Pick some other state.

Well whether or not a lobster sandwich is boring or not, depends on where you ordered it—and a matter of opinion. Lobster isn't cheap in most places—even Maine. I don't think one category is enough to dismiss my experiences. Afterall, even if you live near that state, doesn't mean you have been to most places there. But like I said, you're entitled to hate it.

Again, where did you go? Besides their toll roads, which are annoying. I agreed with you there.

mlyonsd 09-19-2018 10:33 AM

I can't believe some mischievous mod hasn't renamed you to Rain Mainer yet.

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13745340)
This makes a lot of sense because blueberries are the most boring fruit on the planet. I've never understood the appeal of blueberries. Every other berry has a hundred times more flavor.

I just despise Maine more with every day that passes.

I agree most blueberries are flavorless—just not Maine blueberries.

Bugeater 09-19-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 13745485)
I can't believe some mischievous mod hasn't renamed you to Rain Mainer yet.

Or even Maine Man would work.

Rain Man 09-19-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13745481)
Well whether or not a lobster sandwich is boring or not, depends on where you ordered it—and a matter of opinion. Lobster isn't cheap in most places—even Maine. I don't think one category is enough to dismiss my experiences. Afterall, even if you live near that state, doesn't mean you have been to most places there. But like I said, you're entitled to hate it.

Again, where did you go? Besides their toll roads, which are annoying. I agreed with you there.

I drove from Boston to Caribou and back. On the way up, I took the interstate, and I actually kind of liked it. Portland had some interesting stuff to see and the terrain was nice. On the way back I kind of took the coastal highway, at least partway, and it was kind of a mistake. You couldn't see coast, but you could see a lot of senior citizens slowly pulling onto the highway from side roads.

I care enough about exposing this whole lobster roll scam that I'm going to make it my mission for a while.

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13745583)
I drove from Boston to Caribou and back. On the way up, I took the interstate, and I actually kind of liked it. Portland had some interesting stuff to see and the terrain was nice. On the way back I kind of took the coastal highway, at least partway, and it was kind of a mistake. You couldn't see coast, but you could see a lot of senior citizens slowly pulling onto the highway from side roads.

Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me that.

Quote:

I care enough about exposing this whole lobster roll scam that I'm going to make it my mission for a while.
L.O.L.

Come sailing with me next time on my brothers sail boat and we'll scuba dive for 3 fresh lobstahs to cook up for the most magnificent lobstah' roll you ev'r had. Pick fresh mussels of the rocky cliffs, cook 'em in wine. Finish it all off with a Maine blueberry cobbler. you can bring y'er wife. It just means we'd have to catch 6 lobstahs.

Bugeater 09-19-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13745989)
Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me that.

L.O.L.

Come sailing with me next time on my brothers sail boat and we'll scuba dive for 3 fresh lobstahs to cook up for the most magnificent lobstah' roll you ev'r had. Pick fresh mussels of the rocky cliffs, cook 'em in wine. Finish it all off with a Maine blueberry cobbler. you can bring y'er wife. It just means we'd have to catch 6 lobstahs.

Can I come with? I'll take back all of those horrible things I've said about Maine.

Stewie 09-19-2018 02:38 PM

I think Rainman needs to check in with his gynecologist and adjust his menopausal hormone therapy.

Maine is a great place to visit. We do a NE vacation about every 5 years, on average.

1) It's not a state to drive around looking for something at every corner.
2) Don't order a lobster roll. What the hell? It's Maine. That's for street carts in Boston that sell bread, mayo and some pre-cooked lobster.
3) You have to know what you're doing. Do some research.
4) There are some of the most beautiful B&B's right on the Atlantic.
5) Do some research.

I'd go on, but Rainman has his mind made up that Maine sucks. So be it.

ROYC75 09-19-2018 02:55 PM

Oh come on Rain Man, how else do you think we got the Maine Event. Just think, the movie theaters would not be in business without them.

Rain Man 09-19-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 13746203)
I think Rainman needs to check in with his gynecologist and adjust his menopausal hormone therapy.

Maine is a great place to visit. We do a NE vacation about every 5 years, on average.

2) Don't order a lobster roll. What the hell? It's Maine. That's for street carts in Boston that sell bread, mayo and some pre-cooked lobster.
5) Do some research.

You're only seeing the Maine they want you to see. You're not seeing the highway patrol abuse and the underground lobster fights and the bed and breakfast trafficking networks. Most Canadian terrorists enter the U.S. via Maine, and while I was driving I heard a news story on the radio about a lobster boat operator who was sentenced for threatening two guys on a skiff. Is that the type of America you want?

ROYC75 09-19-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13745481)

If you can buy them off the boats it's a lot cheaper. As with any seaport, any saltwater fish, etc.

I lived in Aransas Pass Tx, ate shrimp 3 days a week and some other fish a couple days per week. Buying direct off the boat or even the side vendors along the highway was cheaper than a store.

Eleazar 09-19-2018 03:03 PM

Had a great week in Maine last year. Ate at a place that advertised the world's largest lobster rolls. I don't know if they were really the largest but it was pretty darn good. Stayed at a little inn there on a small lake, spent time kayaking, hiking, seeing Acadia. Comparing Bangor to St. Joe. Had some real lobster at one of those restaurants on the docks there, was awesome.

It's very rural and slow paced there, but the natural beauty is just amazing. No traffic, no big city problems. Made me want to buy a big pickup and move out there.

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

5) Do some research.

Ain't that the truth. Here's one where I stayed on the mid-coast. Whole area was very nice.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...5&postcount=11

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s_I-ei2NOyM" frameborder="0"

Stewie 09-19-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13746280)
You're only seeing the Maine they want you to see. You're not seeing the highway patrol abuse and the underground lobster fights and the bed and breakfast trafficking networks. Most Canadian terrorists enter the U.S. via Maine, and while I was driving I heard a news story on the radio about a lobster boat operator who was sentenced for threatening two guys on a skiff. Is that the type of America you want?

Heh. Out of time.

Bugeater 09-19-2018 03:19 PM

Great, BEP broke the damn thread

Eleazar 09-19-2018 03:20 PM

What happened? The thread has MAIDS now

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13746280)

LMAO

They were probably stealing his lobsters or lobster traps. They're lucky they didn't get shot.

I drove from Bangor to Quebec city and it was a beautiful drive, tho' I was pissed about having to do it at first when our little plane broke down.

Can also take a ferry to Nova Scotia.

Bugeater 09-19-2018 03:26 PM

FIX YOUR DAMN POST BEP

Rain Man 09-19-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13746344)
LMAO

They were probably stealing his lobsters or lobster traps. They're lucky they didn't get shot.

I drove from Bangor to Quebec city and it was a beautiful drive, tho' I was pissed about having to do it at first when our little plane broke down.

Can also take a ferry to Nova Scotia.

I was in the middle of a town dodging senior citizens, but I think the lobster boat actually rammed the skiff. They said something about the skiff guys climbing onto a pontoon. It made me laugh. That's not the type of crimes we see in Colorado.

highBOLTage 09-19-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

5) Do some research.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people like rugged coastline and fresh seafood others like container ships in the middle of the ocean and Panda Express. :)

highBOLTage 09-19-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13745989)

L.O.L.

It is illegal to scuba dive for lobster here in Maine. Trap only. At least $200/pop if caught.

stevieray 09-19-2018 04:43 PM

Stephen King?

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highBOLTage (Post 13746403)
It is illegal to scuba dive for lobster here in Maine. Trap only. At least $200/pop if caught.

I didn't know that but I wasn't being serious about actually diving for one. I got the idea though, because my ex did it, but I think it was Gloucester Mass. It was a big one too. Said it was delicious.

I've since called my brother to ask and he didn't know either. I looked it up and found NH outlaws it too.

Okay then, we'll lay some traps and have a few beers while we wait.

BucEyedPea 09-19-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13746559)
Stephen King?

My brother has run into him. Said he's weird. A true Mainiac.

Eleazar 09-19-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highBOLTage (Post 13746387)
Different strokes for different folks. Some people like rugged coastline and fresh seafood others like container ships in the middle of the ocean and Panda Express. :)

Holy crap, we have a Mainah here? Welcome.

Frazod 09-19-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Ouch. LMAO

Deberg_1990 09-19-2018 09:21 PM

Why can’t I pump my own gas in New Jersey damnit??

Rain Man 09-19-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

And in retrospect, Maine only robbed me of $129 while Vietnam robbed me of $200.

Maybe the lesson here is that I should travel less.