ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mahomes Crow Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317485)

CasselGotPeedOn 09-17-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13740661)
Whitlock on his show just now talking about Mahomes and how good the offense is in response to let’s pump the breaks from Tony G., “this bus has no breaks.”

Wtf? Last week Tony was saying the Chiefs put the entire league on notice with how good the offense is. Now he's saying to pump the brakes after we drop 42 on the Steelers?

Dayze 09-17-2018 02:01 PM

Tony's been hanging out with the other brain dead media too long. it's melting his brain.

mr. tegu 09-17-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 13740720)
Wtf? Last week Tony was saying the Chiefs put the entire league on notice with how good the offense is. Now he's saying to pump the brakes after we drop 42 on the Steelers?

He said that mostly in response to Whitlock because Whitlock was saying he thinks Mahomes will get 60 TDs this year. So it wasn’t about the how good the offense was but specifically with Mahomes total TDs so I wasn’t quite clear there.

suzzer99 09-17-2018 02:05 PM

Whitlock: no take is worth having if I can't overreact one way or the other.

mr. tegu 09-17-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13740683)
meh.... right before the season started KK's opinion was still that we should have kept Alex Smith here at least 1 more season because he was cheap and Mahomes needs more time learning on the bench.

Even after week 1, KK was excited but still skeptical.

So it sounds like he was hedging his bets so regardless he could say he was right.

Molitoth 09-17-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13740744)
So it sounds like he was hedging his bets so regardless he could say he was right.

Pretty much.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad he is finally coming around... maybe his radio show won't suck so much ass.

Getting rid of Danny Clinkscale was a good start. Jumping on the Mahomes bandwagon is a good follow up.

Kiimo 09-17-2018 02:13 PM

KK was definitely on the bandwagon last week, it was his two throws to Hill/Sausage that did it.

I don't like Kietzman but I'm glad he saw the light. He said last week they are definitely winning a SB with Mahomes.

Mahomes is like Jimi Hendrix. We all have a right to be a fan.

Beef Supreme 09-17-2018 02:13 PM

At least you guys have sports radio about the Chiefs. In Wichita, the one over-the-air sports radio has the worst pair of yokels talking about k-state or some shit during morning drive time, a bunch of goobers talking about NASCAR in the evening drive time, and Colin Cowherd talking about ****ing Dak Prescott over lunch.

Probably still better than KK though.

Chief Pagan 09-17-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13739856)
“...there’s going to be some 4 INT games too”

Favre comparisons

I can see a lot of these talking heads still don’t get it :rolleyes:

I was on that bandwagon before the season started. I've been telling my co-worker football fans that I thought that PM could lead the league in interceptions this year. Between playing from behind/being in shootouts and being a really confident gunslinger and throwing a lot on the run (by bad OL) and being in a situation where he wouldn't get benched even after a lot of interceptions.

Happy to be wrong on that so far.

But I was confident enough to start him in both my fantasy leagues over Cousins and Luck both weeks. And the bad defense/shootout scenario has been just as I expected.

Kiimo 09-17-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 13740766)
At least you guys have sports radio about the Chiefs. In Wichita, the one over-the-air sports radio has the worst pair of yokels talking about k-state or some shit during morning drive time, a bunch of goobers talking about NASCAR in the evening drive time, and Colin Cowherd talking about ****ing Dak Prescott over lunch.

I live in Los Angeles. They're STILL talking about Kobe. The Rams are 2-0 and they're talking about who they'd trade to bring in Kawhi next year.

Pitt Gorilla 09-17-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 13740771)
I was on that bandwagon before the season started. I've been telling my co-worker football fans that I thought that PM could lead the league in interceptions this year. Between playing from behind/being in shootouts and being a really confident gunslinger and throwing a lot on the run (by bad OL) and being in a situation where he wouldn't get benched even after a lot of interceptions.

Happy to be wrong on that so far.

But I was confident enough to start him in both my fantasy leagues over Cousins and Luck both weeks. And the bad defense/shootout scenario has been just as I expected.

Our OL isn’t bad.

Sorce 09-17-2018 07:09 PM

Just saw in the Mahomes thread that Cris Carter has changed his tune.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Nickhead 09-17-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 13741578)
Just saw in the Mahomes thread that Cris Carter has changed his tune.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

everyone has ROFL

MahiMike 09-17-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

The internet is awesome dude. I catch the shows from FL.

Rasputin 09-17-2018 07:58 PM

Deon Sanders can eat a bag of dicks

BigRedChief 09-17-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

lots of good podcasts out there. You don’t need over the air Radiohead’s anymore. Most have it in podcast form within an hour or two anyway.

Beef Supreme 09-17-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13741752)
The internet is awesome dude. I catch the shows from FL.

I don't have the internet in my car. Well, technically i do with my phone, but i am not savvy enough to make that happen.

RaidersOftheCellar 09-17-2018 09:40 PM

No crow here. Wanted to draft Mahomes. Thought it was frankly obvious that he was the best talent and a future star.

Anyone who wants to bitch about Veach, don't forget that he led the charge to draft Mahomes.

Coach 09-17-2018 09:59 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=934 :spock:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=946 LMAO That's why you got banned, moron.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...78&postcount=2 :shake:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...5&postcount=78 :bong:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=117 :harumph:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=336 LMAO This "scrub" you say, is going to shred your defense with no lube.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=8477 Your scouting takes blows.

jaa1025 09-17-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 13739333)
Here's the thing. If you actually watched mahomes over the last year and seriously doubted he would probably be pretty good, you are a bad talent evaluator. If you didn't really watch him and you still had a take on him, you probably shouldn't have a job in sports media. But there is no shortage of that.

He's playing even better than expected, but you had to expect it to be pretty good.

I, like a lot of Chiefs fans, have been saying that he was going to be special once we saw him. His stats @ Denver last year weren't eye popping but the way he played, you could tell he has "it". The way he played in the preseason. He aced the eye test 100 times over when he played.

I knew he was going to be great....I just didn't expect greatness this early. Very few QB's that I have watched over the years have impressed me like he has 2 games in and those have been HoF QB's. It's still so early though, but wow.

RealSNR 09-17-2018 10:21 PM

Everybody take all of the Mahomes cum you excreted from this past Sunday and put it into jugs. Then mail them to OldSchool!

That ****ing reerun deserves to eat shit for all of eternity. Even Sandy acknowledged Mahomes' talent easier than he did.

Black Bob... I don't know. That guy just has ****ing problems. I think we all might if we got uncle ****ed, though.

BigRedChief 09-17-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 13742062)
I don't have the internet in my car. Well, technically i do with my phone, but i am not savvy enough to make that happen.

Dude if you can post on here you have the tech skills to listen to podcasts in your car.

I listen to the STL radio guys for Cardinals news. But, Fesco and Kietzman just suck. Listen to other Chiefs podcasts.

dlphg9 09-17-2018 10:39 PM

Oldschool, Tigger, Sandy the redskins fan apparently, Jenkins, Black Bob, PAchiefsfan(or whatever that psychos name is), and the others that I can't remember (stevieray maybe) need to post videos of themselves asking for forgiveness. Repent sinners.

TwistedChief 09-18-2018 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13742346)
Oldschool, Tigger, Sandy the redskins fan apparently, Jenkins, Black Bob, PAchiefsfan(or whatever that psychos name is), and the others that I can't remember (stevieray maybe) need to post videos of themselves asking for forgiveness. Repent sinners.

I went to the Steelers game with PAChiefsFan. I can happily report he has apologized profusely for his support of Alex Smith. He is eternally embarrassed that he failed to recognize what a real QB looked like. He is now officially a Mahomo.

ARROW2 09-18-2018 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13742470)
I went to the Steelers game with PAChiefsFan. I can happily report he has apologized profusely for his support of Alex Smith. He is eternally embarrassed that he failed to recognize what a real QB looked like. He is now officially a Mahomo.

Good. I had non chiefs fan arguing with me last year because of alex's SAFE stats, ignored the mid season swoon, blamed the d . I am shoving it in their ****ing faces every chance I get!!!

InChiefsHeaven 09-18-2018 05:41 AM

My son in law's stepfather, who is an otherwise great guy, is a Donkey fan. He went on about how absolutely irresponsible and stupid it was to get rid of Alex for Patrick. I smiled and said "It's because you are a Donk fan that you would say something so uninformed. Talk to me week 8". Hell, I only had to wait till week 2 before I knew he'd never bring that crap up again.

Molitoth 09-18-2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Nice job remembering all of the people not worth remembering. :D

stevieray 09-18-2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

pfft.

I've been stoked since I went to the draft party @ Arrowhead.

My only reservations comes form the Chiefs.

and it's funny as hell you think ianyone is owed anything.

BigRedChief 09-18-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

I realize the Alex Smith thing took over this board.

Every thread turned into an Alex Smith thing. Thats on the person. How was a mod not supposed to allow that to happen. It wasn't a violation of TOS so what could they have done but arbitrarily ban someone? This has always been a "hands off" board. How do you balance that? The new rule about being a dick and getting rompered seem to solve the issue or make it tolerable for the reasonable on the board. Kept the spirit of the board but stopped every thread turning into an alex Smith thread. Worked great.

I think we should now let this go. So they were wrong. I know I've been wrong many times on the board. Should I be drawn and quartered for that?

A lot of negativity is being brought into what is now an excellent time to be a Chiefs fan. Just let it go.

Shoes 09-19-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 13620437)
Break the all-time single season passing yard record in his first year as a starter? Lets pump the brakes slightly here folks.

Hey folks, just want to confess I'm an idiot. I've always believed Mahomes is the chosen one but I thought even the chosen one would need to adjust to the NFL. I didn't believe he could break records in his first season.

Shame me.

Pitt Gorilla 09-19-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

To be fair, the board would be much better without all of them.

Pitt Gorilla 09-19-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13742589)

Every thread turned into an Alex Smith thing. Thats on the person. How was a mod not supposed to allow that to happen. It wasn't a violation of TOS so what could they have done but arbitrarily ban someone? This has always been a "hands off" board. How do you balance that? The new rule about being a dick and getting rompered seem to solve the issue or make it tolerable for the reasonable on the board. Kept the spirit of the board but stopped every thread turning into an alex Smith thread. Worked great.

I think we should now let this go. So they were wrong. I know I've been wrong many times on the board. Should I be drawn and quartered for that?

A lot of negativity is being brought into what is now an excellent time to be a Chiefs fan. Just let it go.

its fine to be wrong. One simply needs to recognize that quickly and admit as much. Many folks, however, have a tendency to dig in even harder.

Mr. Arrowhead 09-19-2018 03:14 PM

During the game this past sunday both my raider friend and donkey friend texted and pretty much said "I hate you" lolz

WhiteWhale 09-19-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13745785)
its fine to be wrong. One simply needs to recognize that quickly and admit as much. Many folks, however, have a tendency to dig in even harder.

Few people change their minds in real time. Most people, when in an argument, will double down over and over. The more you prove them wrong, the harder they double down.

It's pretty hilarious to watch when you KNOW someone is wrong.

Easy 6 09-19-2018 05:17 PM

I'll just sit over here drinking beer, someone else can have my serving

I was sold during the 2017 preseason, and after some ensuing research into his background... knew there was something different going on, absolutely knew it

SAUTO 09-19-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

ROFL that's ****ing awesome

Kiimo 09-19-2018 05:40 PM

I was sold when I watched the LSU game.

Chiefshrink 09-19-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 13739221)
He won't admit he was wrong, Him and Fescoe will try to sneak on the bandwagon, stay vigilant don't let them on, or don't listen to them whatever.

So they were actually against this kid, really ??:eek:

Chiefshrink 09-19-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 13742547)
My son in law's stepfather, who is an otherwise great guy, is a Donkey fan. He went on about how absolutely irresponsible and stupid it was to get rid of Alex for Patrick. I smiled and said "It's because you are a Donk fan that you would say something so uninformed. Talk to me week 8". Hell, I only had to wait till week 2 before I knew he'd never bring that crap up again.

ROFL:clap:

He will actually develop "football eyes" after week 4.:D

NUMBER7 09-19-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13742589)

Totally agree. Enjoy! Quit griping about Alex Smith, ENJOY Mahomes and the fact that Clark went out and spent some money for some weapons that can actually stretch the field and and catch the ball. Smith had two weapons last year Hill and Kelce. Mahomes is talented and blessed!

Frazod 09-19-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13746696)
ROFL:clap:

He will actually develop "football eyes" after week 4.:D

New employee in the office is a hardcore Donx fan from Fort Collins. She's both obnoxious and spunky. And one of us is going to make the other's life a living hell the day after that game is played....

Kiimo 09-19-2018 06:01 PM

It reminds me of the end of Catch Me If You Can.

"These people, Frank. They're angry. They're embarrassed."

Chiefshrink 09-19-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13746719)
New employee in the office is a hardcore Donx fan from Fort Collins. She's both obnoxious and spunky. And one of us is going to make the other's life a living hell the day after that game is played....

Oh please do report your hazing.:D

Chiefshrink 09-19-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13746719)

Go buy a cheap Indian head dress at some toy store and where into work.:D

Willie Lanier 09-19-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

No, that guy needs to eat crow...

He tried to argue about defenses playing nickel coverage to stop "the great alex Smith" without even understanding what a nickel coverage is...

I'm not saying banish him to hell, but some crow consumption is deserved

Willie Lanier 09-19-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13746800)
Go buy a cheap Indian head dress at some toy store and where into work.:D

It's wear not where; the more I read your posts I'm finding it harder to believe you could attain a degree in psychology...

Sorce 09-20-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13746687)
So they were actually against this kid, really ??:eek:

KK is an idiot and Fescoe was an Alexsexual.

Dayze 09-20-2018 09:12 AM

we should buy a novelty crow from a halloween costume place, and mail it to each one of them.

Morons.