ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: The Witcher (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307795)

vailpass 12-24-2019 05:08 PM

Can we get Geralt's mom in the Redhead thread?

Frazod 12-24-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14676375)
Can we get Geralt's mom in the Redhead thread?

I'd rather trade her for the actress playing Triss. Seriously, WTF? :#

Sure-Oz 12-25-2019 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14667869)
Watched the first 3 episodes and absolutely loving it. Critic reviews seem to be mixed but the audience score is great. I’m a huge nerd of the source material though so I could be biased.

I've watched the first 3 episodes as well and I agree. I barely know anything on the source material as well. This show deserves the views.

Buehler445 12-25-2019 03:07 AM

Finished it tonight. I know nothing. No books no games no nothing. I did watch a YouTube about what you need to know before watching. It helped some.

Hooked me good. Normally heavy magic shit turns me off. But this one seemed to do OK. There is still a little power exponent thing going on but it didn’t kill it for me.

Cavil killed it. The action was really freaking good. He rolled through some dudes.

As far as the timeline I didn’t have trouble. The stuff that you would get mixed up about the order didn’t really screw up the story. And they were good about rolling dead ass characters out to bash you over the head and tell you to pay attention.

Most of it I was doing other stuff but I caught most of it I think. I haven’t unwound where everyone ended up, but it didn’t seem like there was a lot of wasted time in there. And MAN, a LOT of shit happened. A LOT.

Anyway, hopefully it picks up another season. It was really good.

InChiefsHeaven 12-25-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14673323)
In the end it all makes sense, this series is the one that’s replacing Game of Thrones. It was amazing,

Story Telling - Satisfying end to season and once you complete season you see the common thread throughout whole season

Acting - Jesus they got Garalt (spelling?) so ****ing right, the women actors were amazing to. I genuinely believe the love interest

Fight Scenes - he must have trained for a long time because his moves seem so ****ing bang on and natural it’s hard to tell...

Honestly Netflix drop your money in this series because there is a void after game of thrones....and my god was this good

Just finished it yesterday, and yeah, it all came together in the end. I get why they told the story the way they did with all the time jumping. It was confusing, but I'll watch it again soon. Can't wait for the next season, this is great.

The other one I'm looking forward to (and I'm sure there is a thread) is The Last Kingdom. Not GoT, but it was nice to watch while waiting for GoT to come out with another season. I think there are 3 seasons of it. It's great as well. Different than The Witcher, but epic awesomeness all the same.

unlurking 12-25-2019 09:18 AM

If anyone is interested, the first book of short stories covers several episodes (I'm about a third of the way through) such as the Butcher of Blevikan and the Striga stories. They are short and easy to read if interested in more of the backstory (his potions, eyes, etc.).

https://readanybook.com/online/565901#383081

keg in kc 12-25-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14676723)
Just finished it yesterday, and yeah, it all came together in the end. I get why they told the story the way they did with all the time jumping. It was confusing, but I'll watch it again soon. Can't wait for the next season, this is great.

The other one I'm looking forward to (and I'm sure there is a thread) is The Last Kingdom. Not GoT, but it was nice to watch while waiting for GoT to come out with another season. I think there are 3 seasons of it. It's great as well. Different than The Witcher, but epic awesomeness all the same.

Last Kingdom season 4 hasn't had a trailer drop yet, but it's expected to arrive sometime in 2020. Season 1 came out in October, season 2 was in March and season 3 was in November, so it's kind of hard to get a read on when it'll be, exactly.

Really good show...

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12-26-2019 02:42 PM

Just finished this. Really enjoyed it. I only played The Witcher 3, haven't read any of the books, but from what I gleaned from lore in the game it seems to be following the story pretty closely. What exactly is the plan assuming this continues to do as well as it has? Work through the story all the way through TW3?

Fish 12-26-2019 08:22 PM

https://i.imgur.com/VwDMknV.jpg

underEJ 12-26-2019 11:33 PM

Man I loved this. Binged the shit out of it. I usually do two episodes at a time, but I couldn’t stop. Then talking about it with friends on Christmas who like it but found it confusing. I showed them the explicit moments that made the timeline evident even before half the first episode was done and they decided to rewatch because they missed some important stuff. Clearly some critics did too. I have no knowledge of the story ahead of watching except for the trailer, but I had a day off and a good night sleeping so I was particularly attentive. The information is dense and I think the storytelling is quite sophisticated for adaptation of short story material but everything is clearly laid out for the timeline in the dialogue. I might watch it again to see what even a close watch might have missed now that I’ve seen the finale. Can’t wait to see where it goes next season. Top 10 first season for a show I watched all at once. I judge shows I have to watch weekly differently because they have to recap and repeat information so I have to forgive them some repetition. Liked Cavill before but love Geralt already.

Buehler445 12-26-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14678226)

I actually thought the grunting was great. Like truly great. There are a lot of characters that try to be grumbly but suck at it. Cavill did a great job.

Besides, when he talks things like this happen.

"Fine. I'll take the law of Surprise, like you did. But don't worry, if I come back here, it will be to kill monsters."

"I'm pregnant."

"****"

ROFL

Fish 12-27-2019 12:12 AM

Admittedly, the Geralt "****!" parts were perfectly placed. Netflix gets props for that.

I can kind of imagine if you were a close-to-immoral being you'd get just sick as hell of common dialog, and would just grunt and growl a bunch...

Tribal Warfare 12-27-2019 05:44 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheWitcher?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheWitcher</a>&#39;s Henry Cavill Has Played <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheWitcher3?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheWitcher3</a> 2 1/2 Times<a href="https://t.co/8rXJZ6eY4v">https://t.co/8rXJZ6eY4v</a> <a href="https://t.co/BZ9v71g0in">pic.twitter.com/BZ9v71g0in</a></p>&mdash; Screen Rant (@screenrant) <a href="https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1210412483288190976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KCUnited 12-27-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14678226)

LMAO

Into episode 2 and the wife was like ‘so this is The Punisher meets Lord of the Rings?’

Fish 12-27-2019 04:16 PM

https://i.imgur.com/vxPcI6d.jpg

Baby Lee 01-03-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14678346)
I actually thought the grunting was great. Like truly great. There are a lot of characters that try to be grumbly but suck at it. Cavill did a great job.

Besides, when he talks things like this happen.

"Fine. I'll take the law of Surprise, like you did. But don't worry, if I come back here, it will be to kill monsters."

"I'm pregnant."

"****"

ROFL

Just caught this, . . . setting the bar for biggest laugh of 2020 to date. ;)

trivial bit spoilerized
Spoiler!

Buehler445 01-03-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14692275)
Just caught this, . . . setting the bar for biggest laugh of 2020 to date. ;)

trivial bit spoilerized
Spoiler!

You’re right. I couldn’t remember the exact words. But goddamn I laughed hard. ROFL

Frazod 01-03-2020 04:55 PM

Started another playthrough of the game - probably my fifth or sixth.

Mecca 01-03-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14692334)

Did you play the first 2?

Anyhow I totally did not realize that was Henry Cavil till I was about 30 minutes in and I was like hey that's superman.

Overall good show that has the potential to run for a long time. Not a big fan of what they've done to some of the characters. I completely get that all of the characters in the video game are white so they're gonna change that....but what they did with Triss is pretty bad.

Frazod 01-03-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14692584)
Did you play the first 2?

Anyhow I totally did not realize that was Henry Cavil till I was about 30 minutes in and I was like hey that's superman.

Overall good show that has the potential to run for a long time. Not a big fan of what they've done to some of the characters. I completely get that all of the characters in the video game are white so they're gonna change that....but what they did with Triss is pretty bad.

I played and really enjoyed the first one. The second one pissed me off so much that I quit fairly soon in; hit a spot that I just couldn't get past, got frustrated, and that was it.

vailpass 01-03-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14678362)

I can kind of imagine if you were a close-to-immoral being you'd get just sick as hell of common dialog, and would just grunt and growl a bunch...

This describes me to a T.

BigRedChief 01-03-2020 09:50 PM

Didn’t play the games, read the books, watch YouTube vids, nothing. Went in cold. Understood most of what was happening enough to enjoy the action scenes, the stakes in the scenes etc. great series. Cavill, a chiefs fan, killed it.

Baby Lee 01-08-2020 03:13 AM

https://i.imgur.com/H08VRT5.png

Son of Logical 01-08-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14692687)
I played and really enjoyed the first one. The second one pissed me off so much that I quit fairly soon in; hit a spot that I just couldn't get past, got frustrated, and that was it.

Yup, that was my reaction to the second game as well. Got to the dwarf city, and it is so damn annoying to navigate that I have given up. Replaying number 3 and loving it.

mnchiefsguy 01-08-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14692334)

I finally picked this up for $17 bucks a couple of months back. Started playing it last week. Sticking to the main quests to start off with and am about 3 hours in...I can't believe I did not play this sooner. It is really great.

Still getting used to the combat, and have not really delved into the oils, potions and spells. A lotta stuff to learn.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 01-08-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14704803)

Cast him as Vesemir now.

The Franchise 01-08-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 14705461)
I finally picked this up for $17 bucks a couple of months back. Started playing it last week. Sticking to the main quests to start off with and am about 3 hours in...I can't believe I did not play this sooner. It is really great.

Still getting used to the combat, and have not really delved into the oils, potions and spells. A lotta stuff to learn.

Just remembered that I bought this a while ago and it’s still sealed in plastic. I need to change that.

Bowser 01-08-2020 09:39 PM

Hmmm

Beef Supreme 01-09-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14692687)

I got bored with the first one fairly quickly. The English translation just seemed ...off. And I didn't find the combat that great.

The second one, I too hit a spot that I just couldn't get past. Not a fight, but trying to figure out where the **** to go. There were these little ledges you needed to jump off and they were very specific about where you needed to be to jump down. And they weren't marked, and they were in an area with a ton of tall grass, and there were several of them and the goddamn map was no help and it was just a frustrating ****ing maze and I just didn't give enough ****s to continue.

Frazod 01-09-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14706368)
I got bored with the first one fairly quickly. The English translation just seemed ...off. And I didn't find the combat that great.

The second one, I too hit a spot that I just couldn't get past. Not a fight, but trying to figure out where the **** to go. There were these little ledges you needed to jump off and they were very specific about where you needed to be to jump down. And they weren't marked, and they were in an area with a ton of tall grass, and there were several of them and the goddamn map was no help and it was just a frustrating ****ing maze and I just didn't give enough ****s to continue.

The first time I played the first game I didn't like it. At all. Quit almost immediately. Then about six months later I gave it another shot and loved it.

The main problem with the point in the second game that I couldn't get past was the color scheme. The background was so colorful and vivid and that I couldn't make out what was happening in the fight with some giant swamp creature that kept killing me. I think I tried to beat the goddamn thing for a couple of hours before I quit in disgust. Never tried that one again.

Fish 01-10-2020 10:18 PM

Pretty cool interactive map of the Witcher timeline:

https://www.witchernetflix.com/en-gb

BigRedChief 01-11-2020 08:32 AM

Saw a study comparing the Witcher and Mandolrian downloads and streams. Binge or Weekly?

Conclusion was the Witcher had more views but the majority were on release weekend. Mandalorian got near to the Witcher with the last episode. But since currently Netflix has millions more subscribers, the Mandalorian was more popular. And the word of mouth and publicity for the show wasn't close with the weekly release of the Mandalorian.

cookster50 01-11-2020 03:35 PM

Baby Yoda is the only reason The Mandalorian is popular, if they hadn't included that character no one would be talking about that show.

keg in kc 01-11-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 14710469)
Baby Yoda is the only reason The Mandalorian is popular, if they hadn't included that character no one would be talking about that show.

So you're saying a popular show is popular because they have a popular character?

Sounds like you're close to that promotion you've been working for, Lieutenant Obvious.

underEJ 01-11-2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14709913)
Saw a study comparing the Witcher and Mandolrian downloads and streams. Binge or Weekly?

Conclusion was the Witcher had more views but the majority were on release weekend. Mandalorian got near to the Witcher with the last episode. But since currently Netflix has millions more subscribers, the Mandalorian was more popular. And the word of mouth and publicity for the show wasn't close with the weekly release of the Mandalorian.

This is the third article in Forbes in as many weeks attacking the binge release philosophy. Somebody has an agenda.

FlintHillsChiefs 01-12-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 14705828)
Cast him as Vesemir now.

Mark Hamill has expressed interest in being Vesemir too.

Captain Obvious 01-13-2020 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14710477)
So you're saying a popular show is popular because they have a popular character?

Sounds like you're close to that promotion you've been working for, Lieutenant Obvious.

Not with the shoddy promotion paperwork I received, he’s not.

vailpass 01-13-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 14713452)
This is the third article in Forbes in as many weeks attacking the binge release philosophy. Somebody has an agenda.

They aren't necessarily wrong though are they? It seems like Netflix could have wring a lot more buzz, word of mouth, advertising, etc. out of the Witcher if they had gone the GoT release route.

underEJ 01-15-2020 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14721697)
They aren't necessarily wrong though are they? It seems like Netflix could have wring a lot more buzz, word of mouth, advertising, etc. out of the Witcher if they had gone the GoT release route.

In general, not completely wrong. For The Witcher though, I really think they needed existing game and book fans and new watchers who like to binge in order to contradict the reviews and give it some love. The needed them fast and on youtube in a hurry, and a bunch of fan videos went up in the first 24 hours praising the full season. It really depends on what the specific show needs. For instance, I'm not sure Stranger Things would have done as well with a weekly release, in the first season anyway.

Release strategy should be flexible as water cooler phenomenon are rare, and GoT in some ways ruined that as much as basked in it. When all that resolved to nothing, people were very disappointed. True Detective as well. Tons of conversation and theory leading to a much simpler resolution. Alot less people getting into things at that GoT level now. Something will come along to spark it again, but the signal won't be great weekly numbers in the first season. It will be big growth in between seasons. For Mandalorian vs. Witcher, we won't know until we see the growth into seasons 2.
Streaming means shows have year round life with new viewers joining and renewing the buzz.

I just don't think we have definitive answers to how shows are best released yet, and Forbes was recently bought by a Chinese media company though I haven't figured out what their interest is yet. There have definitely been rumors that the editorial board is not as free as it used to be.

Fish 01-15-2020 08:15 PM

Throw a coin to your Witcher..?

https://i.imgur.com/j6cg5vA.jpg

vailpass 01-15-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 14726551)
In general, not completely wrong. For The Witcher though, I really think they needed existing game and book fans and new watchers who like to binge in order to contradict the reviews and give it some love. The needed them fast and on youtube in a hurry, and a bunch of fan videos went up in the first 24 hours praising the full season. It really depends on what the specific show needs. For instance, I'm not sure Stranger Things would have done as well with a weekly release, in the first season anyway.

Release strategy should be flexible as water cooler phenomenon are rare, and GoT in some ways ruined that as much as basked in it. When all that resolved to nothing, people were very disappointed. True Detective as well. Tons of conversation and theory leading to a much simpler resolution. Alot less people getting into things at that GoT level now. Something will come along to spark it again, but the signal won't be great weekly numbers in the first season. It will be big growth in between seasons. For Mandalorian vs. Witcher, we won't know until we see the growth into seasons 2.
Streaming means shows have year round life with new viewers joining and renewing the buzz.

I just don't think we have definitive answers to how shows are best released yet, and Forbes was recently bought by a Chinese media company though I haven't figured out what their interest is yet. There have definitely been rumors that the editorial board is not as free as it used to be.

Interesting point of view that I hadn't considered. And my anecdotal circumstance bears that out to some degree. I'm a new watcher, never read the books, and I'm now hooked for season two. I wasn't aware of any bad reviews and likely would have liked it just as well if it had been released one week at a time but I see your point.

And watdafuq Forbes? Is it too soon for yellow journalism punnery?

Fish 01-28-2020 11:19 AM

That's neat...

<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1580231057"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/ev065u/henry_cavill_declined_to_use_a_stunt_double_in/">Henry Cavill declined to use a stunt double in the The Witcher Everything you see, Cavill is actually doing.</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher">r/witcher</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

Baby Lee 01-28-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14756085)
That's neat...

<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1580231057"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/ev065u/henry_cavill_declined_to_use_a_stunt_double_in/">Henry Cavill declined to use a stunt double in the The Witcher Everything you see, Cavill is actually doing.</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher">r/witcher</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

The details are DELICIOUS. Note the shoulder shrug and wrist flip as he withdraws the sword from yet ANOTHER body @:57

<iframe width="647" height="364" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/biZwR6CzVzs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Betcha didn't notice that on first viewing

Tribal Warfare 02-05-2020 07:30 AM

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ERYnoBPe8/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ERYnoBPe8/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div></a> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ERYnoBPe8/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">Today is a day of days, my friends, not often do I get watch my team (none other than the Kansas City Chiefs) play in the SuperBowl, AND my National Rugby team of England play our ancient rivals, France in the 6 nations tournament. In. One. Day! Because it&#39;s such an auspicious day, I thought I might bring out the big guns, a simple wild eyed selfie would not suffice. Today the Bear and I must go armoured onto the battlefield of fandom, today we must drink beverages drowned in honey to soothe our throats run ragged from roars of defiance and jubiliation alike, today, my bear....we go to war. C&#39;mon England!!! Let&#39;s Gooooo Chiefs!!! #EnglandRugby @EnglandRugby #KansasCityChiefs @Chiefs #SuperBowl #RedRose #GoChiefs credit for the exceptional Roach-Kal: @Kushalbhola13</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/henrycavill/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Henry Cavill</a> (@henrycavill) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2020-02-02T13:48:46+00:00">Feb 2, 2020 at 5:48am PST</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

patteeu 05-09-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 14668066)
Just finished episode 2. Better than I expected. The fight scenes at the end of episode 1 were great, and the bard in episode 2 is surprisingly good. Apparently he plays in a folk band...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4h-ogX4GfL8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pioneers of social distancing.

Beef Supreme 05-12-2020 12:57 PM

What in the actual **** is going on in that video. That is some epic nerd shit.

Baby Lee 07-08-2020 10:43 AM

Great Edit, hypeclip [still not as good as the Fargo scene, though]

<iframe width="949" height="475" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aYcgYCA2N9Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 06-11-2021 07:12 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Netflix and developer CD Project Red tease a mysterious crossover event centered on The Witcher, coming this July. <a href="https://t.co/NzI1Hxr2P4">https://t.co/NzI1Hxr2P4</a> <a href="https://t.co/4x7YxnINSi">pic.twitter.com/4x7YxnINSi</a></p>&mdash; Comic Book Resources (@CBR) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1403334951848841219?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quote:

Fans across The Witcher franchise have been awaiting news on a number of different and exciting projects, from feature-length anime films to the next season of the widely-successful Netflix series. Surprisingly, it appears that two corners of the franchise will be coming together.

On social media, Netflix and Polish developer CD Projekt Red teased major news for July 9. Neither companies hinted at what the news could be, only suggesting that it involves both The Witcher video games and Netflix's hit adaptation. Additionally, the accounts for Gwent and the upcoming mobile game, The Witcher: Monster Slayer also engaged in the thread.

The video game trilogy ended with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, concluding Geralt of Rivia's story. It has been rumored that a fourth instalment is in the works, with fans speculating the game could focus on Ciri, who became a witcher herself in one of the base game's endings. This was fueled by an interview that The Witcher 3 principal writer Jakub Szamałek gave, in which he appeared to tease Ciri as a playable character in future projects.

At the time of writing, fans eagerly await major news to be announced at Netflix's Geeked Week event for one of several projects currently in the works, including the anime tie-in film, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, which will center on Vesemir and the history of Kaer Morhen; The Witcher: Blood Origin, a prequel series set 1200 years in the Continent's past; and of course, Season 2 of The Witcher, which will see the long-awaited return of Henry Cavill, Anya Chalotra and Freya Allan as Geralt of Rivia, Yennefer of Vengerberg and Princess Cirilla, respectively.

Virtually all of these Witcher projects have been hindered in some way by the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The Witcher Season 2 was delayed by several months, which likely delayed the release for The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, which was speculated to be intended for release between the two seasons of the Netflix series.

Unlike the details of The Witcher Season 2, which constantly surface online, very little information has been released for the anime tie-in since its announcement in early 2020, with the exception of its central character and Nightmare of the Wolf's logo, which was revealed over the Christmas season.

The Witcher stars Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia, Anya Chalotra as Yennefer of Vengerberg, Freya Allan as Ciri and Joey Batey as Jaskier. Season 1 is now available on Netflix.

Tribal Warfare 07-09-2021 11:51 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: The Witcher Season 2 is officially coming to Netflix on December 17. <a href="https://t.co/Oy7PeysOQ6">https://t.co/Oy7PeysOQ6</a> <a href="https://t.co/JsvwlUlJiu">pic.twitter.com/JsvwlUlJiu</a></p>&mdash; IGN (@IGN) <a href="https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1413553054822109196?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Baby Lee 07-09-2021 05:46 PM

<iframe width="1110" height="624" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2aMVzFlApa0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

unlurking 07-09-2021 06:04 PM

Stoked!

Frazod 07-09-2021 09:45 PM

That looks amazing. :rockon:

BleedingRed 07-10-2021 04:11 AM

I’m so ready

BigRichard 07-10-2021 07:54 PM

Did they get a new actor to play the princess? She doesn't look the same to me but it could be she is just a bit older now.

Frazod 07-10-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 15736820)
Did they get a new actor to play the princess? She doesn't look the same to me but it could be she is just a bit older now.

It's the same actress. She definitely looks older, though.

Bowser 07-11-2021 09:36 AM

Appreciate the bump. This is one of the many shows I started and never finished; fixing that now.

Buehler445 07-11-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15737130)
Appreciate the bump. This is one of the many shows I started and never finished; fixing that now.

Woah.

Buckle in.

I’d probably rewatch all of it.

Baby Lee 07-11-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15737130)

I checked it out fully expecting not to like it. . . I mean, swords and sorcery, based on a video game, . . right after GoT went down in flames. . . Was altogether pleasantly surprised.

Don't watch with expectations, whether it's narrative or tone or whatever, just let it be what it is.

Bowser 07-12-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15737247)
Woah.

Buckle in.

I’d probably rewatch all of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15737255)
I checked it out fully expecting not to like it. . . I mean, swords and sorcery, based on a video game, . . right after GoT went down in flames. . . Was altogether pleasantly surprised.

Don't watch with expectations, whether it's narrative or tone or whatever, just let it be what it is.

Finished it up. I enjoyed it a great deal.

The dialogue was really great throughout, definite moments of sly and dry humor. Very much looking forward to season 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by olout (Post 15738499)
I also started and never finished

It's worth your time to give it a go and finish.

BleedingRed 07-12-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15738750)
Finished it up. I enjoyed it a great deal.

The dialogue was really great throughout, definite moments of sly and dry humor. Very much looking forward to season 2.

It's worth your time to give it a go and finish.

The world building was great, I look forward to fleshing it out next season. I also love the dueling story lines.

Really excited to explore the Witcher culture too!

InChiefsHeaven 07-14-2021 05:32 AM

I'm not a gamer...like at all...so I watched this as a story...and it's fantastic. Cannot WAIT for Season 2...

Otter 07-14-2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15740220)
I'm not a gamer...like at all...so I watched this as a story...and it's fantastic. Cannot WAIT for Season 2...

I got about 1/3 of the way thru The Witcher Wild Hunter and stopped because it was an investment but the series was great.

Baby Lee 08-29-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15738987)
The world building was great, I look forward to fleshing it out next season. I also love the dueling story lines.

Really excited to explore the Witcher culture too!

Anyone catch the animated Nightmare of the Wolf 'episode'

Decent bit of lore to tide you over.

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J365hQpaWRw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Valiant 08-30-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15805843)

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J365hQpaWRw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah. It is a prequel.

hometeam 08-30-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15805843)

yep i liked it

Baby Lee 09-25-2021 08:47 PM

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bSDKdjLlFxE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, season 3 and an animated spinoff confirmed.

Ninerfan11 09-29-2021 11:25 PM

This is a show I'll watch. I rarely watch anything anymore but Season 1 delivered. The main character is great and brilliantly acted.

Pointer19 09-29-2021 11:58 PM

When's season 2 coming?!

Fish 09-30-2021 12:28 AM

Season 2 Dec. 2nd....

<iframe width="1029" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2aMVzFlApa0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ninerfan11 09-30-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15863169)
Season 2 Dec. 2nd....

<iframe width="1029" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2aMVzFlApa0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh lawd I hope they don't play up the "young girl training to be a kick @ss killer/assassin" angle, so overdone (see GOT).

unlurking 09-30-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninerfan11 (Post 15863550)
Oh lawd I hope they don't play up the "young girl training to be a kick @ss killer/assassin" angle, so overdone (see GOT).

It's a large focus of one of the books. Geralt is not the only character in the series. I actually really enjoyed Ciri traing at Kaer Morhen with other Witchers. It provides more background to Geralt's history than any other storyline.

Baby Lee 10-29-2021 10:24 AM

Budget!!

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TJFVV2L8GKs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcpasco 10-29-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninerfan11 (Post 15863550)

It’s source material. They aren’t making anything up that isn’t in the books.

BigRichard 10-29-2021 11:45 AM

I am actually watching the first season for the third time right now... love it. I am pumped for season 2.

Frazod 10-29-2021 07:06 PM

Still pissed about ugly Triss. But the rest pretty much rocks.

Looking forward to Season 2. :rockon:

Bowser 10-29-2021 08:56 PM

Is the proper plural "Witchers" or "Witcherii"?

Baby Lee 12-15-2021 11:49 PM

Toss that coin!!

BigRichard 12-16-2021 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16010941)
Toss that coin!!

Is it finally out?

InChiefsHeaven 12-16-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 16011032)
Is it finally out?

Tomorrow. Can't wait. Just finished season 1 (for the third time) last weekend in preparation.

unlurking 12-16-2021 11:52 AM

A lot of people seem to be rewatching season 1 since it's trending #2. lol