ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justice League (2017) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301004)

Tribal Warfare 07-22-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12968534)
Has Shazam even been cast yet? Armie Hammer's name has been floating around.

I haven't found anything, but for franchise expansion it would be the logical choice if it isn't GL.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12968545)
I haven't found anything, but for franchise expansion it would be the logical choice if it isn't GL.

The Rock has been publicly advocating for Armie to be cast as Shazam, so it might be weird if he doesn't show up as Shazam in JL.

There have been zero casting rumors about the Green Lantern and the script was just turned in. It's hard for me to believe they would have cast a guy in 2015 or 2016 and filmed him in JL, without a script or director.

It'll be curious to see how it plays out.

007 07-22-2017 05:43 PM

They were playing man of steel music right at the end. I would expect the reveal to be supes.

Fish 07-22-2017 05:59 PM

You can see the red cape...

http://i.imgur.com/ogPx7dY.png

Nickhead 07-22-2017 10:06 PM

imdb kinda ruins certain things by listing the credits in advance. its been obvious for a long time now that superman would be in this movie. :D

Bowser 07-23-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12968174)

Is Batfleck looking at a hologram of Supergirl at 1:41?

Nickhead 07-23-2017 03:15 AM

naw, it was referenced later that 'he knew he would come back' :D

but i could be wrong. i just think it would be sorta gay to have supergirl when we all know now that wonder woman is just as capable as superman?

Danguardace 07-23-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12968509)
It's obviously Supes.

I think its Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. There are 2 thuds also.

Rasputin 07-23-2017 01:58 PM

I'm a huge The Flash fan and CW The Flash is one of my favorite shows ever so I'm afraid I'm going be really disappointed in this Flash, already hate his suit.

Who did they cast as the Flash Leonard from The Big Bang Theory?

Sure-Oz 07-23-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12969708)
I'm a huge The Flash fan and CW The Flash is one of my favorite shows ever so I'm afraid I'm going be really disappointed in this Flash, already hate his suit.

Who did they cast as the Flash Leonard from The Big Bang Theory?

I don't think it's his final suit and flash is a jokster and sarcastic too....cw one not so much

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2017 06:21 PM

So, tons of movie news today. A good friend just got back from the set of the Justice League reshoots and said that more than 60% of the film has been re-shot. Apparently, Joss Whedon has been laser-focused and the film has a much different tone that what was originally shot by Snyder. He didn't say if DC was phasing out Snyder but kind of hinted at it.

Also, according to my friend, fame has really hit Gal Gadot. His opinion was that she's not the type of person that can handle fame well and she was a total diva on the set.

That's kind of a shame to hear...

Tribal Warfare 08-05-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12993487)
So, tons of movie news today. A good friend just got back from the set of the Justice League reshoots and said that more than 60% of the film has been re-shot. Apparently, Joss Whedon has been laser-focused and the film has a much different tone that what was originally shot by Snyder. He didn't say if DC was phasing out Snyder but kind of hinted at it.

Also, according to my friend, fame has really hit Gal Gadot. His opinion was that she's not the type of person that can handle fame well and she was a total diva on the set.

LOL, sounds like if Gadot had a box office bomb Hollywood execs will kick her to the curb if she is difficult to work with

Rasputin 08-05-2017 06:31 PM

I'm kinda glad it's being redone I don't trust Snyder make a good story.

I know he is good at visuals but still way too much unnecessary

Midway getting bored with B v S they had a cameo of Supes dead Earth dad just to play Keven Costner and they were up in the mountains and it had no purpose at all. It was at that moment I decided I didn't like it.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12993499)
LOL, sounds like if Gadot had a box office bomb Hollywood execs will kick her to the curb if she is difficult to work with

Yeah, I guess she would just walk off the set for a few minutes to take a phone call or a break, with the rest of the cast and crew waiting around for her to return.

These aren't the types of stories I like to hear...

Bowser 08-05-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12993501)
I'm kinda glad it's being redone I don't trust Snyder make a good story.

I know he is good at visuals but still way too much unnecessary

Midway getting bored with B v S they had a cameo of Supes dead Earth dad just to play Keven Costner and they were up in the mountains and it had no purpose at all. It was at that moment I decided I didn't like it.

I'll be the one to say it -

Watchmen >>> BvS

ThaVirus 08-05-2017 08:45 PM

Watchmen is ass

Nickhead 08-05-2017 11:20 PM

so im confused. are all of the justice league trailers 'false advertisement'? if they are changing so much of the script now, how much bearing will the trailers have on the actual movie release? :D

Deberg_1990 08-06-2017 05:48 AM

This is going to be a fascinating movie.

So much behind the scenes drama

The 2nd trailer makes it almost seem like it's 'Wonder Woman 2' at the beginning

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12994000)
so im confused. are all of the justice league trailers 'false advertisement'? if they are changing so much of the script now, how much bearing will the trailers have on the actual movie release? :D

That happens quite frequently, actually, because the trailer editors are given footage well before the editing of the film is fully completed.

The first trailer for Rogue One is a perfect example. Much of the footage shown never made it to the final edit.

stumppy 08-06-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12993511)
Yeah, I guess she would just walk off the set for a few minutes to take a phone call or a break, with the rest of the cast and crew waiting around for her to return.

You're killing the fantasy for me.

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12994470)
You're killing the fantasy for me.

Sorry, Dude.

Bowser 08-06-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12993778)
Watchmen is ass

SO IS YOUR FACE

Granted, I was a huge fan of the Watchmen graphic novel, so I'm sure that weighs in. Snyder is kind of Lucas Lite - he's great at visuals and SFX, but terrible* at script and direction. Look at Sucker Punch for all the proof you need about that statement.

*Ok, "terrible" might be a bit strong, but neither of those guys are masters of it, to be sure.

Deberg_1990 08-06-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12994510)
SO IS YOUR FACE

Granted, I was a huge fan of the Watchmen graphic novel, so I'm sure that weighs in. Snyder is kind of Lucas Lite - he's great at visuals and SFX, but terrible* at script and direction. Look at Sucker Punch for all the proof you need about that statement.

*Ok, "terrible" might be a bit strong, but neither of those guys are masters of it, to be sure.

He's very up and down for me.

I really liked his Dawn of the Dead remake, 300 and Man of Steel.

All the rest were just kinda meh. But yea, his visuals are always superb

ThaVirus 08-06-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12994510)
SO IS YOUR FACE

I was just ****ing with you. That line actually gets a "die in a car fire asap" from Frazod nine times out of ten.

I really didn't like the movie myself, but really can't say why. Maybe it's the tone- who knows? But I recognize that a lot of people liked it so I won't say it's a horrible movie. It just didn't suit my tastes.

ThaVirus 08-06-2017 03:03 PM

The Dawn of the Dead remake was tits. It's still my favorite zombie movie to date.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12994477)
Sorry, Dude.

She looks like she was nice to the fans at SDCC at least....[emoji16]

I still like Christian Bale after he blew up on the terminator salvation set and still made that movie. Lol

Sure-Oz 08-06-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12994563)
He's very up and down for me.

I really liked his Dawn of the Dead remake, 300 and Man of Steel.

All the rest were just kinda meh. But yea, his visuals are always superb

Agree and Dawn of the dead was underrated imo...it was entertaining. I liked MOS as well.

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12995506)
She looks like she was nice to the fans at SDCC at least....[emoji16]

I still like Christian Bale after he blew up on the terminator salvation set and still made that movie. Lol

It's not a fan thing, it's an "I'm an important movie star" while on set.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12995517)

Ahh...gotcha. that's too bad... hopefully she stops that crap.

mdchiefsfan 08-06-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12993511)

Yea, that's not good. If she can maintain professionalism, so be it. The person that stands out the most, being a self-induced victim, is Katherine Heigl. Hopefully she doesn't take that path.

Rausch 08-08-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12995517)

I had always assumed that was more common than not.

Perhaps I'm just jaded...

Rausch 08-08-2017 06:52 AM

Quote:

So, tons of movie news today. A good friend just got back from the set of the Justice League reshoots and said that more than 60% of the film has been re-shot.

Studios seem to ruin films that way. It seems like that's the first tip to a film that's about to go full dog$#it.

I have faith in Joss though so hopefully it works out.

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12997787)
I had always assumed that was more common than not.

Perhaps I'm just jaded...

Actually, you'd be surprised. The overwhelming majority of working actors and actresses are just thankful to be working, as most have been on the other end of the spectrum (e.g., broke, crummy apartment, no car, etc.).

I can't even recall running into a well known actor, let alone, any of my neighbors, as being assholes.

Well, other than Lindsey but she was just a renter and was always nice to me when I'd bump into her.

Her neighbors, OTOH...

Frazod 08-08-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

They should have cast Carano.

Tribal Warfare 08-08-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12999029)

Or Daddario

Frazod 08-08-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12999054)
Or Daddario

She's prettier than Gadot, and has a much better body, and was pretty bad ass in those Percy Jackson movies, but when I picture Wonder Woman in my mind, it's Gina Carano.

I'd also think that somebody who was actually a professional fighter might be a little more grounded than most of these Hollywood types.

Tribal Warfare 08-08-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12999065)
She's prettier than Gadot, and has a much better body, and was pretty bad ass in those Percy Jackson movies, but when I picture Wonder Woman in my mind, it's Gina Carano.

I'd also think that somebody who was actually a professional fighter might be a little more grounded than most of these Hollywood types.

I mentioned this before, Alexandra resembles Linda Carter as if she was her daughter.

I see where the Gina endorsement comes from

Frazod 08-08-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12999077)
I mentioned this before, Alexandra resembles Linda Carter as if she was her daughter.

I see where the Gina endorsement comes from

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...omic-books.jpg

DaneMcCloud 08-08-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12999029)

Eh, I know but it's too late.

D.C. gave Snyder full reign, so it's all set for a while.

Buehler445 08-09-2017 06:06 AM

I didn't have trouble believing Gadot was WW in the WW movie. I was skeptical but they did a nice job.

lawrenceRaider 08-09-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12999065)
She's not prettier than Gadot, though she has a much better tits, and was pretty bad ass in those Percy Jackson movies, but when I picture Wonder Woman in my mind, it's Gina Carano.

FIFY.

Sure-Oz 08-09-2017 08:51 AM

Can Gina Carano act? I know Gal isn't the best actor but I thought she did great.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12999897)
I didn't have trouble believing Gadot was WW in the WW movie. I was skeptical but they did a nice job.

I thought she was fantastic and also stole the show in BvS UE.

That said, I understand why some people don't feel that she fits the role from a physical standpoint.

frankotank 08-09-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12994937)
The Dawn of the Dead remake was tits. It's still my favorite zombie movie to date.

It was my fav too.....until I saw 28 Days.

Bowser 08-09-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13000219)
I thought she was fantastic and also stole the show in BvS UE.

That said, I understand why some people don't feel that she fits the role from a physical standpoint.

Because she doesn't have tits busting out of her uniform and isn't THICC like that Carano pic above. She's too waif-like to be an Amazon, much less the daughter of Zeus.

That said, I've grown accustomed to her in the role and have no complaints of how she's portrayed WW at all.

Nickhead 08-11-2017 02:33 PM

two things annoyed me about wonder woman, 1 the accent, and two: bitch never got dirty while all that matter was flying around. i get it, she's indestructible, but come on. a little dirt on the cheek wouldn't hurt?

JD10367 08-12-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Not necessarily a bad thing. I like both directors but Snyder tends to take himself too seriously (hence the gloomy tone of many of his works). Whedon has the opposite problem: he can add a lot of humor but sometimes it's forced and doesn't work. But I think the directive from on high was definitely to make this a lighter film, given the success of Marvel and the lack of success of "BvS", and maybe with Snyder out of the way the studio just decided to sneak a little more work in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12994116)
This is going to be a fascinating movie.

So much behind the scenes drama

The 2nd trailer makes it almost seem like it's 'Wonder Woman 2' at the beginning

Really not a surprise, if Whedon had anything to do with it. Not only is he famous for "Buffy", IIRC he wanted to do a "WW" film years ago and the studios wouldn't give him the chance. So I guess he can be forgiven for boosting her up more. Which also makes sense, given the recent success of her own film, the fact that women are a huge demographic, and that Flash and Cyborg are kind of boring and Batman has already been worked to death to the point that he's now as much a caricature as Supes is. The only other interesting person in this film will be Aquaman so I wouldn't be surprised if he steals the show (especially if he has his own film forthcoming).

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2017 12:36 PM

This article from Slashfilm confirms everything I was told last weekend. That's not surprising, considering my source but it's confirmation nonetheless.

---
We’ve heard about the Joss Whedon-led reshoots for Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” being used to change the film’s tone, but now two new reports suggest more serious changes to the narrative are afoot. The first comes from Slashfilm which indicates that the film’s original ending, which would have seen Darkseid’s arrival on Earth, has been scrapped. When “Justice League” was planned as two films and when the DCEU’s future was mapped out, this made sense.

Now though, it’s viewed as an unnecessary cliffhanger and so has been dropped. On top of that, the first film’s villain Steppenwolf has been beefed up with Robin Wright’s “Wonder Woman” character being brought in to participate a flashback shedding more light on Steppenwolf’s origin and the threat of Darkseid being downplayed. A common theme to reports are that the reshoots are more extensive than originally suggested, but a bigger surprise is the one from Batman-on Film. Unlike various rumors in the past which come from anonymous redditors, this is the editor of arguably the biggest DC film news fansite on the web.

Commenting on the Joe Morton quotes from the other day, they say:

“I can confirm that everything Mr. Morton said is spot-on. The Cyborg character was altered quite a bit during the reshoots. Also, as I’ve been saying since June 2nd of this year, the JL reshoots and the resulting changes being made to the film are significant. These reshoots – which are still taking place – are not standard pick-ups/additional photography. Why? Apparently, an early cut of the film was deemed ‘unwatchable’. Thus, substantial changes to the film were ordered. With all that said folks, I’ll say again what I’ve been saying for quite a while now: I 100% believe that Warner Bros., Joss Whedon, and all involved are doing everything they can to make JUSTICE LEAGUE a good film.”

“Justice League” is not slated to hit cinemas until November 17th, but even so it sounds like it will be tinkered with right up until release.

Sure-Oz 08-13-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13009753)
This article from Slashfilm confirms everything I was told last weekend. That's not surprising, considering my source but it's confirmation nonetheless.

---
We’ve heard about the Joss Whedon-led reshoots for Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” being used to change the film’s tone, but now two new reports suggest more serious changes to the narrative are afoot. The first comes from Slashfilm which indicates that the film’s original ending, which would have seen Darkseid’s arrival on Earth, has been scrapped. When “Justice League” was planned as two films and when the DCEU’s future was mapped out, this made sense.

Now though, it’s viewed as an unnecessary cliffhanger and so has been dropped. On top of that, the first film’s villain Steppenwolf has been beefed up with Robin Wright’s “Wonder Woman” character being brought in to participate a flashback shedding more light on Steppenwolf’s origin and the threat of Darkseid being downplayed. A common theme to reports are that the reshoots are more extensive than originally suggested, but a bigger surprise is the one from Batman-on Film.Unlike various rumors in the past which come from anonymous redditors, this is the editor of arguably the biggest DC film news fansite on the web.

Commenting on the Joe Morton quotes from the other day, they say:

“I can confirm that everything Mr. Morton said is spot-on. The Cyborg character was altered quite a bit during the reshoots. Also, as I’ve been saying since June 2nd of this year, the JL reshoots and the resulting changes being made to the film are significant. These reshoots – which are still taking place – are not standard pick-ups/additional photography. Why? Apparently, an early cut of the film was deemed ‘unwatchable’. Thus, substantial changes to the film were ordered. With all that said folks, I’ll say again what I’ve been saying for quite a while now: I 100% believe that Warner Bros., Joss Whedon, and all involved are doing everything they can to make JUSTICE LEAGUE a good film.”

“Justice League” is not slated to hit cinemas until November 17th, but even so it sounds like it will be tinkered with right up until release.

This is crazy... unwatchable?? I hope these reshoots make it a solid addition to the dceu

Fire Me Boy! 08-14-2017 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 13000372)
It was my fav too.....until I saw 28 Days.

That's not a zombie movie, bro.

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads...vSdB2Ify2p.jpg

Tribal Warfare 09-25-2017 06:57 PM

https://i0.wp.com/www.supermanhomepa...g?w=1080&ssl=1

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/hen...ampaign=buffer

Bowser 09-25-2017 08:31 PM

Heh, nice.

I think that cap is foreshadowing. We're going to get Supes in his black getup this movie, maybe?

Jamie 09-25-2017 10:33 PM

Well, Superman is from Kansas...

Sure-Oz 10-02-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 13106266)
Well, Superman is from Kansas...

That and he was at the Chiefs playoff game last year and enjoyed the atmosphere

Rasputin 10-07-2017 10:04 PM

Gal Gadot on SNL

Rausch 10-08-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13131360)
Gal Gadot on SNL

I have not watched the film yet (only seeing BVS) but I like her.

As a person and as an actor. She was given NOTHING to work with in BVS but still managed to steal the show.

Rausch 10-08-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13000580)
Because she doesn't have tits busting out of her uniform and isn't THICC like that Carano pic above. She's too waif-like to be an Amazon, much less the daughter of Zeus.

Dude, normal human women don't often match up to the comics.

Much like you and me don't match up to He-Man...

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2017 11:20 AM

In case you guys hadn't heard, DC has decided that their films will no longer be intertwined like Marvel.

So, treat each film as a standalone, although there will be a few nods from time to time.

DanBecky 10-08-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13131813)
In case you guys hadn't heard, DC has decided that their films will no longer be intertwined like Marvel.

So, treat each film as a standalone, although there will be a few nods from time to time.

Is it because they couldn’t decide on how where to take the universe or how to properly build it? From the outside looking in, it’s like they wanted an MCU version of their product but didn’t want to take the time to build it up.

mnchiefsguy 10-08-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13131813)

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. If it gets us better quality movies like Wonder Woman, then it is a good thing.

BigRichard 10-08-2017 11:57 AM

I think this is a new trailer...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FH3eFGSxgq4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 10-08-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13131890)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FH3eFGSxgq4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Once you pull in the songwriting of Gozilla 1998 how do you argue with that?...

cabletech94 10-08-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13131947)
Once you pull in the songwriting of Gozilla 1998 how do you argue with that?...

and aquaman may be from 'bama, with that accent.

NTTAWWT.

Buehler445 10-08-2017 12:30 PM

They could have picked a cornfield for him to trespass into that had a better stand.

Buehler445 10-08-2017 12:30 PM

I love Jason Mamoa.

cabletech94 10-08-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13131969)
I love Jason Mamoa.

accent withstanding, he will kick ass as aquaman.

The Franchise 10-08-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13131890)

That actually looks decent.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 13131842)
Is it because they couldn’t decide on how where to take the universe or how to properly build it? From the outside looking in, it’s like they wanted an MCU version of their product but didn’t want to take the time to build it up.

From my understanding, there were a bunch of variables.

Matthew Vaughn wanted to do his own version of Batman, which wasn't inline with Zach Snyder's Batman.

Spoiler!
Suicide Squad 2 is outside the Justice League and Wonder Woman "universe".

They also want to do a separate Shazam! and Black Adam films, which would be outside of Justice League, The Flash and Aquaman.

The bottom line is that Geoff Johns just couldn't put it all together, like Kevin Feige was able to do, so instead of re-writing and re-writing and re-writing, he just said "**** it" and decided that the films won't really connect.

They're in the DC Universe but what happens in one film won't necessarily affect what happens in other films.

The Franchise 10-08-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13131993)
The Flashpoint script was turned in and apparently, it changes the timeline, with Bruce Wayne being killed, while his father becomes Batman and his mother becomes the Joker.

Ummmm wtf?

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 13131854)
Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. If it gets us better quality movies like Wonder Woman, then it is a good thing.

I think there are two ways to look at it:

First, the audience won't have needed to see every stinking film in order to put together what's happening onscreen. The "serialization" of the DC was killing their creative energy and they've had so many changes, in a relatively short period of time, that there's no true "One Vision".

The other thing is that like the early Marvel attempts at The Hulk, which were pretty freaking bad, the second Spider-Man movies, Thor 2, Iron Man 2 (and for some people, 3), etc. and so on, DC can just create movies and hope something "sticks", then down the road, put together a "Justice League" or interconnected universe.

They tried to compete with Marvel without a vision and now, they've given up, which is probably a good thing for now.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13131997)
Ummmm wtf?

Oops, I'll spoiler that. Sorry.

Might want to delete.

My apologies.

The Franchise 10-08-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13132001)
Oops, I'll spoiler that. Sorry.

No it’s cool. I wasn’t saying WTF because you posted that. It was a WTf because that plot is ****ing horrible.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13132003)
No it’s cool. I wasn’t saying WTF because you posted that. It was a WTf because that plot is ****ing horrible.

That's what I was told. It's also a way for them to move on from Affleck, which I guess is a thing now, despite saying otherwise.

Oh yeah, the other thing is Nightwing, which they want outside of the Justice League and Matthew Vaughn Batman series, too.

Apparently, they're going the Tom Holland route, as they want a really young but gymnastic/athletic type because they want an origin story with him as Circus kid.

ThaVirus 10-08-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13132003)

Flashpoint is actually ****ing awesome.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2017 01:07 PM

DC is such a mess that who really knows what we'll see onscreen because everything is so fluid.

I read an article the other day that seriously downplayed Joss Whedon's addition to the Justice League, yet I know a guy that was actually on set for nearly 2 months that reported the complete opposite.

DC has their PR machine working overtime.

Jamie 10-08-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13131993)
From my understanding, there were a bunch of variables.
Matthew Vaughn wanted to do his own version of Batman, which wasn't inline with Zach Snyder's Batman.

Matt Reeves is doing Batman. There was talk of Vaughn doing Man of Steel 2, but I don't think that was ever locked in.

Quote:

Spoiler!

That's what happens in the Flashpoint comic.
Spoiler!

Quote:

Suicide Squad 2 is outside the Justice League and Wonder Woman "universe".

They also want to do a separate Shazam! and Black Adam films, which would be outside of Justice League, The Flash and Aquaman.
Plus the Joker origin movie.

Quote:

The bottom line is that Geoff Johns just couldn't put it all together, like Kevin Feige was able to do, so instead of re-writing and re-writing and re-writing, he just said "**** it" and decided that the films won't really connect.

They're in the DC Universe but what happens in one film won't necessarily affect what happens in other films.
I wouldn't put it so much as Geoff Johns' feet, and I say that as someone who's not a huge fan of him as a writer. Marvel is possible because Feige has a level of control that's not realistically possible to get at Warner Bros.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 13137060)
Matt Reeves is doing Batman.

Right. I get those Matt's confused all the time.

Quote:

I wouldn't put it so much as Geoff Johns' feet, and I say that as someone who's not a huge fan of him as a writer. Marvel is possible because Feige has a level of control that's not realistically possible to get at Warner Bros.

This is false. WB took away the DCEU from Snyder and gave it to Johns. He just couldn't pull it off.

Ragged Robin 10-09-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Matt Reeves is doing Batman. There was talk of Vaughn doing Man of Steel 2, but I don't think that was ever locked in.

That's what happens in the Flashpoint comic.
Spoiler!

I would hope that they go with the Grant Morrison Batman & Robin route if and when Affleck is on his way out. Nightwing becoming Batman is the only acceptable way Batman can be someone other than Bruce within the same continuity without changing actors.

Deberg_1990 10-09-2017 05:30 PM

Are we still getting an Aqua Man stand alone film? He looks to be the breakout character from Justin League.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13138850)
Are we still getting an Aqua Man stand alone film? He looks to be the breakout character from Justin League.

Yes, it's still in production in Australia.

It'll go to Post next year.