ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****The Chris Jones Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299617)

Buzz 04-29-2016 05:55 PM

What's not to like about a dude that trips over his own dick?

oaklandhater 04-29-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12204875)
Yeah, because the Chiefs would have been better off reaching for a CB rather than taking the BPA.

:rolleyes:

Cry some more, Bitch.

Alexander was suppose to be a 1st round pick would have been a steal a-hole

Dante84 04-29-2016 05:55 PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

New World Order 04-29-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12204771)
34 QB pressures
11.5 run stuffs
8.5 sacks

Way better than Jarran Reed or A'Shawn Robinson. This guy can actually get pressure on the QB.

That's his entire college career

Sofa King 04-29-2016 05:55 PM

I feel more comfortable with this pick now that I've seen his penis.

chiefzilla1501 04-29-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12204879)
Maybe. I thought he looked more like a 3-4 DE though.

Well, my point was that DeVito was a 3-4 DE who played decent # of snaps at the NT. Jones will play DeVito's role but will do much better at NT than DeVito. Which could really help us get Poe off the field every once in a while.

BryanBusby 04-29-2016 05:56 PM

I'm just concerned about this dude not working hard enough once he gets paid.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12204866)
gonna be bumping the hell out of this thread when Nelson is giving up TD after TD when Gaines goes down and ford is still sitting on the bench or running the wrong way...

Name a CB that could start, was available when we picked, and has more overall talent than Jones.

Bowser 04-29-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12204902)
I'm just concerned about this dude not working hard enough once he gets paid.

If that happens, I expect Poe, Houston, Hali, Berry, and DJ to open up a shoe store in his ass.

Chief Northman 04-29-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12204894)

Zero career interceptions and a liabily in run defend.

Meh.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12204896)
That's his entire college career

But he isn't a CB!!!!

RustShack 04-29-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12204733)
if Gaines goes down this year it will make this pick look even more shitty.

Good thing we have a front 7 that gets pressure and makes the CB's job easier. The draft isn't over, still time for a CB.

Dante84 04-29-2016 05:58 PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-...3/JonesArk.gif

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-...3/JonesHit.gif

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-...3/JonesLSU.gif

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-...3/JonesMIZ.gif

Sandy Vagina 04-29-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

I thought so, but apparently, no other scout department agrees. Be a man, and deal with it.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12204875)
Yeah, because the Chiefs would have been better off reaching for a CB rather than taking the BPA.

Cry some more, Bitch.

BOOM!

rico 04-29-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12204790)
As long as we don't play Shaun Smith, he should be OK.

It's hard to think of Chris Jones and Shaun Smith without having testicles on the mind.

oaklandhater 04-29-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12204905)
Name a CB that could start, was available when we picked, and has more overall talent than Jones.

Alexander Xavier ????

listopencil 04-29-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12204899)
Well, my point was that DeVito was a 3-4 DE who played decent # of snaps at the NT. Jones will play DeVito's role but will do much better at NT than DeVito. Which could really help us get Poe off the field every once in a while.

Oh, OK, I misunderstood you. I was thinking you meant put him in as the nose on a regular basis.

rico 04-29-2016 06:00 PM

Whatever. Let's roll, Jones!!!

New World Order 04-29-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12204905)

Xavien Howard

Howard is all about potential. When he gets it right, he looks like Richard Sherman. Has the kind of length and ability to run deep with players that can make it very hard to find a window to complete the pass on him.

He’s another player that fits the size and speed profile NFL teams are looking for, stands over 6-feet tall, clears 200-pounds, and ran a 4.41 second 40-yard dash

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ard-cb-baylor/

jonzie04 04-29-2016 06:00 PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

"To some degree I believe a team can motivate a guy to bring effort on a more consistent basis, but it’s still a big red flag. What’s crazy, however, is even with a handful of poor plays he still graded out so dominantly. If he puts it all together, Jones’ ceiling is as high as anyone in this class, and the scary thing is he’s barely scratching the surface right now.

Where does that kind of potential fit in the NFL draft? I’m on record in the PFF offices saying I’d take him in the top five picks, but more realistically, with the risk he presents I’d say once he slips past pick No. 10 the value is too good to pass up. The pick No. 11-14 range of Chicago, New Orleans, Miami and Oakland is the sweet spot where every team could benefit from his services. Anywhere farther down than that and one very lucky team is getting the steal of the draft."

Pasta Little Brioni 04-29-2016 06:02 PM

Just keep accumulating talent. Some of you guys are HUUUUUGE morons.

CupidStunt 04-29-2016 06:02 PM

This guy is one of the more dominant talents in the draft. This board is mostly dumb AF. People hated the Poe pick too.

Coach 04-29-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12204926)
Oh, OK, I misunderstood you. I was thinking you meant put him in as the nose on a regular basis.

It could be possible that he's Poe's replacement, if Poe becomes too expensive for the Chiefs. But for now, I think he'll get here and there across the board on the D-Line.

listopencil 04-29-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12204909)
Zero career interceptions and a liabily in run defend.

Meh.

I figured he'd go bottom of the first or top of the second. He's a disruptive influence and he has the physical tools to be an impact player. It's not a bad pick.

Strongside 04-29-2016 06:03 PM

The pundits are universally raving about this pick.

I'm not giving an opinion because I haven't studied up on this kid, but the media seem to love it.

rico 04-29-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12204853)
We've turned Allen Bailey and Jaye Howard into studs.

Why wouldn't we do the same thing with this talented SOB?

This is pretty much where I am at with it.

oaklandhater 04-29-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 12204937)
This guy is one of the more dominant talents in the draft. This board is mostly dumb AF. People hated the Poe pick too.

I loved the Poe pick.

RunKC 04-29-2016 06:03 PM

810 AM just said that scouts around the NFL called this guy a Malik Jackson clone.

Damn

listopencil 04-29-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 12204938)
It could be possible that he's Poe's replacement, if Poe becomes too expensive for the Chiefs. But for now, I think he'll get here and there across the board on the D-Line.

Sure. I would imagine that they will pepper him along the line and bring him along slowly. It would be the sensible thing to do.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

:facepalm:

4. MACKENSIE ALEXANDER, Clemson (5-10 ½, 189, 4.49, 1-2): Third-year sophomore. "Reminds me of Darrelle Revis," one scout said. "He just looks so confident out there. 'I am good, you're not going to beat me.' But he's not real physical and I thought he'd run a lot faster than he did." Another said the voluble Alexander "will talk you to death." Said a third scout: "Loves football. Kind of a selfish guy. More into just him. Probably quicker than fast. I just didn't see great top-end speed." Started 26 games, finishing with 44 tackles (four for loss), no picks and 11 PBUs. Wonderlic of 12. "Other than Kelvin Benjamin a couple years ago, in the ACC he has not faced up with much," a fourth scout said. "He's got to play inside. He's not ready for prime time outside. I see guys separate on him every now and then. I do think he's a good athlete and can become a starter. He's highly confident and ain't afraid to tell everybody. He's third round for me." Son of Haitian migrant workers. Lives in Immokalee, Fla.

Bwana 04-29-2016 06:04 PM

Jones is going to wreck it.

RustShack 04-29-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 12204826)
and that worked out so well with dee ford right...

What's wrong with Dee Ford? Mad he's been developing behind Hali and Houston? Are you too stupid to realize it's normal to take a few years to develop? Playing right away is the exception, not the rule. All great teams draft BPA, and develop.

keg in kc 04-29-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12204850)
What is everyone's obsession with bringing in starters? .

Because they're experts at drafting in Madden and they know that every guy on the web who couldn't get a job as an nfl scout's transcriber's intern's assistant is a go-to source for draft insight.

Or they just don't understand how good teams draft long term. Which is understandable, since we've been put through decades of Carl Peterson and Scott Pioli.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-29-2016 06:06 PM

So Poe is as good as gone huh. Makes me sad.

oaklandhater 04-29-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12204950)
What's wrong with Dee Ford? Mad he's been developing behind Hali and Houston? Are you too stupid to realize it's normal to take a few years to develop? Playing right away is the exception, not the rule. All great teams draft BPA, and develop.

Beside one good game vs the chargers abysmal o-line he has been woefully underwhelming.

KCUnited 04-29-2016 06:06 PM

Love this pick.

Iczer 04-29-2016 06:08 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked. Outside of Chris Jones reviews being very good, etc. Am I the only one slightly concerned on using a high 2nd round pick on a rotational player where we already have depth? I understand some say this mean Poe will be gone or whatever. That's to be determined. I'm just amazed we didn't address a bigger need to fill a potential starter and be more of an impact.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12204928)
Xavien Howard

Howard is all about potential. When he gets it right, he looks like Richard Sherman. Has the kind of length and ability to run deep with players that can make it very hard to find a window to complete the pass on him.

He’s another player that fits the size and speed profile NFL teams are looking for, stands over 6-feet tall, clears 200-pounds, and ran a 4.41 second 40-yard dash

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ard-cb-baylor/

So you feel he has more talent than Jones? Not nit picking, just asking.

Captain Obvious 04-29-2016 06:09 PM

Welcome to #DongTown

staylor26 04-29-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iczer (Post 12204970)
Sorry if this has already been asked. Outside of Chris Jones reviews being very good, etc. Am I the only one slightly concerned on using a high 2nd round pick on a rotational player where we already have depth? I understand some say this mean Poe will be gone or whatever. That's to be determined. I'm just amazed we didn't address a bigger need to fill a potential starter and be more of an impact.

BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE

We might have the best Dline in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 12204957)

I don't think so. This guy is like Marcus Peters last year. He fell a little bit and has an extremely high ceiling.

He'll be a rotational player but keep in mind, Jaye Howard only signed a 2 year deal and will be 29 when that contract expires.

Jones is only 21.

His comp is Muhammed Wilkerson.

New World Order 04-29-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

I'm with you.

notorious 04-29-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Go with the talent.

TimBone 04-29-2016 06:11 PM

I don't know anything about him, but that tape of him vs. LSU is kind of concerning. He loafs A LOT. He showed a couple moments of dominance, but other than that it was kind of ugly.

Easy 6 04-29-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12204828)
**** your draft guid. Top 15 talent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12204834)
Your guide sucks.

Jones was considered by many to be a 1st round pick. Dorsey made a great move by getting Jones and the #105.

LMAO alrighty then

I've never watched the kid play a down, but there does seem to be something to the raw descriptions, those clips highlighting his weaknesses werent so hot

Maybe its just the position that isnt slaying me, wanted some instant impact sizzle at CB or an OLB prospect, we'll see... I'm willing to give Dorsey a mulligan here

Coach 04-29-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

You build from the inside-out, defensively, in my opinion. It looks like the same model that Carolina is doing. Not just because of Poe, but Howard is on a 2 year deal, and DeVito just retired. Can't discount the injuries as it's gonna happen.

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:12 PM

It could be a chicken or the egg argument, but does a CB benefit more from DL play, or does a DL benefit from CB play? I tend to believe the former.

notorious 04-29-2016 06:13 PM

Remember when Baltimore was amazing at defense yet the kept drafting defense every year?

They knew what their identity was, and built upon it.

Dante84 04-29-2016 06:13 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I keep saying &quot;this is the last one for now,&quot; then Jones destroys another play and I have to post it. <a href="https://t.co/rcoExmwCjz">pic.twitter.com/rcoExmwCjz</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/726201724709408768">April 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Coach 04-29-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12205004)
It could be a chicken or the egg argument, but does a CB benefit more from DL play, or does a DL benefit from CB play? I tend to believe the former.

I'm more of in the "CB benefit more from DL play" boat.

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 06:13 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...72bb376759.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefzilla1501 04-29-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Because in the draft, Best Player Available is king.

In the new NFL with no huddle you have to have versatile DL who can play multiple techniques. Especially at NT... 1-dimensional NTs are liabilities. These guys don't grow on trees. And with Devito retiring, we don't have good enough depth. Now you can keep Poe fresh and give Howard more flexibility to move around. He doesn't have to start to make a huge impact.

Dante84 04-29-2016 06:15 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Seriously, the man is a brute. And it&#39;s not like this is some scrub offensive line. <a href="https://t.co/3cOl7G1pzW">pic.twitter.com/3cOl7G1pzW</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/726200667203723264">April 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 12204998)
You build from the inside-out, defensively, in my opinion. It looks like the same model that Carolina is doing. Not just because of Poe, but Howard is on a 2 year deal, and DeVito just retired. Can't discount the injuries as it's gonna happen.

With Devito gone, Poe's ability to play the 5-tech, Bailey at DE, and Howard's versatility, I feel our DL rotation will be filthy by adding Jones.

Rasputin 04-29-2016 06:15 PM

I like that Poe is going get a breather so he can be fresh in the fourth quarter when we need him the most. That's what I'm hoping this is the reason for the Chris Jones pick is for fourth quarter dominance. With our scoring challenged offence we need that stout defense.

BigChiefFan 04-29-2016 06:15 PM

He won't be primarily be a NT. Hes a rotational player along the line that projects to take Jaye Howard's job when Howard's contract runs out. Howard is only on a two year deal. Jones looks to be a DE in a 3-4. He'll play Devito's role. Poe isn't going anywhere.

RustShack 04-29-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

I just LOL so hard when people are so stupid and thing the draft is for need. That's what Free Agency is for. Draft is for development and building.

jspchief 04-29-2016 06:15 PM

For Jones being such a slam dunk, I sure don't remember seeing his name mentioned in the last 2 days around here.

O.city 04-29-2016 06:17 PM

Not bad

RustShack 04-29-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12205030)
For Jones being such a slam dunk, I sure don't remember seeing his name mentioned in the last 2 days around here.

That's because everyone around here is talking about who fit positions of need, not best overall players.

RunKC 04-29-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Have you not seen the trend in the NFL? Defense wins championships.

Denver had a great pass rush everywhere. So did the NYG. So did the Ravens. So did the Seahawks. So did the Steelers.

Pass rush is the most imporant part of winning a championship. Not QB.

scho63 04-29-2016 06:18 PM

PERFECT THEME SONG FOR THE PICK

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-oqAU5VxFWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buzz 04-29-2016 06:18 PM

CP no likey!

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/DybCeLntfzY/hqdefault.jpg

mdchiefsfan 04-29-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

I think most people were assuming we'd be selecting 28 overall, not 37.

penbrook 04-29-2016 06:19 PM

Dorsey's philosophy of BPA is right. He had turned this franchise around from a utter destruction. Dorsey knows what he's doing. He's making this a top 3 defense.

Iczer 04-29-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12205028)
I just LOL so hard when people are so stupid and thing the draft is for need. That's what Free Agency is for. Draft is for development and building.

chiefzilla1501 04-29-2016 06:20 PM

Keep in mind that Jaye Howard had a reputation for quitting on plays when he was at Florida. Gotta give Sutton credit for this much, his players play tough.

LoneWolf 04-29-2016 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 12204957)

Jones is more suited to play 5 technique. His drafting doesn't signify Poe's imminent departure.

staylor26 04-29-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

I was pimping Jones months ago in the draft section.

So go **** yourself troll.

Guaranteed you've never seen him play.

penbrook 04-29-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12205061)
Keep in mind that Jaye Howard had a reputation for quitting on plays when he was at Florida. Gotta give Sutton credit for this much, his players play tough.

Howard never quit this season but he did make costly penalties at times

Mr. Laz 04-29-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12205051)
Dorsey's philosophy of BPA is right. He had turned this franchise around from a utter destruction. Dorsey knows what he's doing. He's making this a top 3 defense.

BPA just happened to be a replacement player every year Dorsey has been here.

Wow, that's some serious mojo. :eek:

BryanBusby 04-29-2016 06:22 PM

Too bad we missed out on brokedick linebackers

jspchief 04-29-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12205050)
I think most people were assuming we'd be selecting 28 overall, not 37.

There was considerable discussion since last night. I'm not saying he wasn't mentioned, but I don't remember seeing his name. Yet suddenly anyone who doesn't love the pick is a dumbass.

LoneWolf 04-29-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12205068)

Jones isn't a replacement player. God you are a clueless ****ing dumbass.

oaklandhater 04-29-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12205072)
There was considerable discussion since last night. I'm not saying he wasn't mentioned, but I don't remember seeing his name. Yet suddenly anyone who doesn't love the pick is a dumbass.

When the chiefs are winning any criticism makes you a troll now....

Mr. Laz 04-29-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIUhuskies (Post 12205012)

Nice

New World Order 04-29-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12205043)
Have you not seen the trend in the NFL? Defense wins championships.

Denver had a great pass rush everywhere. So did the NYG. So did the Ravens. So did the Seahawks. So did the Steelers.

Pass rush is the most imporant part of winning a championship. Not QB.

He's only had 8.5 sacks in 3 seasons.

kccrow 04-29-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12205069)
Too bad we missed out on brokedick linebackers

Dorsey's waiting for the balls out linebackers.

ToxSocks 04-29-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12205068)

Blah blah blah.

Had they took a S, replacement for Berry.

ILB, replacement for DJ.

Dee Ford was supposedly replacement for Houston, but that wasn't true.

The list can go on and on. Good teams build depth, they got a player with a 1st round grade in 2nd. Good for them. Depth matters.