ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What would you do if your neighbor.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200018)

blueballs 01-09-2009 04:37 PM

It's a know fact black people are scared of the dark

petegz28 01-09-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 5373645)
It's a know fact black people are scared of the dark

All I know is the guy looked like he could play LB for the Chiefs. I am 5'6" and a desk jockey. You can do the math....

|Zach| 01-09-2009 04:47 PM

I enjoy all the prodding it took Pete to simply go over and talk to the guy.

Quite a pair of stones you have.

No wonder you are such a tough guy behind the keyboard.

OnTheWarpath15 01-09-2009 04:52 PM

Interesting the beating Pete is taking, while the guy that has no regard for his neighbors and installs a ****ing spotlight comes off as an innocent in all this.

If someone like Iowanian, Bugeater, Frazod, etc posted this thread, you wouldn't hear a peep about "having the stones" to confront someone that obviously could give two shits about his neighbors.

You either have to be Stevie Wonder, or a real asshole to install something like that and NOT think it's going to be a nuisance to others.

|Zach| 01-09-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5373705)
Interesting the beating Pete is taking, while the guy that has no regard for his neighbors and installs a ****ing spotlight comes off as an innocent in all this.

If someone like Iowanian, Bugeater, Frazod, etc posted this thread, you wouldn't hear a peep about "having the stones" to confront someone that obviously could give two shits about his neighbors.

You either have to be Stevie Wonder, or a real asshole to install something like that and NOT think it's going to be a nuisance to others.

None of the posters you listed above would have been dickless enough to try and weigh all these other options before *gasp* just talking to the guy.

Never mind the hilarity of the mindset of someone who automatically thinks this simple talk would result in some kind of thunder dome situation.

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5373683)
I enjoy all the prodding it took Pete to simply go over and talk to the guy.

Quite a pair of stones you have.

No wonder you are such a tough guy behind the keyboard.

GFY

OnTheWarpath15 01-09-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5373722)
None of the posters you listed enough would have been dickless enough to try and weigh all these other options before *gasp* just talking to the guy.

Never mind the hilarity of the mindset of someone who automatically thinks this simple talk would result in some kind of thunder dome situation.

Wow.

You missed the first post of the thread, didn't you?

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5373722)
None of the posters you listed above would have been dickless enough to try and weigh all these other options before *gasp* just talking to the guy.

Talk about talking tough behind a keyboard. ROFL

You obviously have lived in the suburbs all your life too.

|Zach| 01-09-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373733)
GFY

I will be awaiting a letter or phone call from the cops to get this message.

Thanks in advance. ROFL

DeezNutz 01-09-2009 05:11 PM

No one suggested ****ing the guy's wife?

What's wrong with this place?

|Zach| 01-09-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373736)
Talk about talking tough behind a keyboard. ROFL

You obviously have lived in the suburbs all your life too.

False.

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5373740)
I will be awaiting a letter or phone call from the cops to get this message.

Thanks in advance. ROFL

Dude, you already got called on talking out of your ass once already. Why keep...well I guess we need some entertainment so ...keep it up fuchead :D

patteeu 01-09-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373496)
I ahve in other threads I wil dig them up later.. I just typed up a letter I am going to leave with them as I do not think they are home until later and I am going out, damn it!

Doing it in person, politely, with a smile on your face would have the greatest chance of success, imo.

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5373746)
False.

Sure.....this is me not believing you..---> :shake:

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 5373757)
Doing it in person, politely, with a smile on your face would have the greatest chance of success, imo.

Well, we shall see.....

Trust me, when I saw the size of the guy, and I knew he was big but damn....I was nothing but smiles and nice...

|Zach| 01-09-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373754)
Dude, you already got called on talking out of your ass once already. Why keep...well I guess we need some entertainment so ...keep it up fuchead :D

So you guys took those responses...on Chiefs Planet as serious posts of what those posters would do in those situations.

Dickless and stupid.

I am starting to feel sorry for you. Just step into that light and save everyone on CP.

|Zach| 01-09-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373760)
Sure.....this is me not believing you..---> :shake:

This is me typing this post from Westport.

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5373765)
This is me typing this post from Westport.

Westport ain't nothing but the hispanic suburb of the hood. That is just a joke cause I know it is mostly gay people and not hispanic.

When you get to Troost or otherwise east of, let me know.

Sure-Oz 01-09-2009 05:18 PM

This is gay

|Zach| 01-09-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373775)
Westport ain't nothing but the hispanic suburb of the hood.

When you get to Troost or otherwise east of, let me know.

I would keep changing the goal posts if I were you as well.

When you are not a complete coward. Let me know.

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5373779)
This is gay

I gotta do something until the wife gets home....:eek:

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5373784)
I would keep changing the goal posts if I were you as well.

When you are not a complete coward. Let me know.

Sure thing, sweetie

BigChiefFan 01-09-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 5373564)
Tomorrow's headline: KC Man Sodomizes Neighbor with Light Pole

The Gem of the thread.ROFL

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5373705)

Sort of how I saw it. You put it in and kept it on so why indication is there you will care what your neighbors say? And I was fine with a warning and possible fine from the city to send the message. But once they started talking about the Cops having to get involved....meh ...not ready to go there yet.

cardken 01-09-2009 05:28 PM

There are "blinders" that can be put around globes to keep light from shining in that direction that can be affixed to said lightpost. Or Paint black the direction it is shining on you.

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken (Post 5373814)
There are "blinders" that can be put around globes to keep light from shining in that direction that can be affixed to said lightpost. Or Paint black the direction it is shining on you.

Actually he is illegal with his light. The law clearly states that your light is to have said blinders\deflectors and it cannot cross property lines. The unfortunate part is the front of his house faces the back of mine. So I can see where it would look stupid.

He tried to tell me it was on a timer so I asked if he can get a dimmer bulb? So we will see what happens. I have a feeling he will be cool but when his wife gets home well.....you know how women can be.....

Sure-Oz 01-09-2009 05:33 PM

I still want to see how bright this ****er is, take a picture

cardken 01-09-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373822)
Actually he is illegal with his light. The law clearly states that your light is to have said blinders\deflectors and it cannot cross property lines. The unfortunate part is the front of his house faces the back of mine. So I can see where it would look stupid.

He tried to tell me it was on a timer so I asked if he can get a dimmer bulb? So we will see what happens. I have a feeling he will be cool but when his wife gets home well.....you know how women can be.....

Best of luck

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5373826)
I still want to see how bright this ****er is, take a picture

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188997

You can look here. I thought I put other sup but can find them right now. These were taken with my litte powershot and it really darkens things, so admitedly it doesn't look as bad as it is.

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon was and a lot closer and right at eye level when you are sitting in my dining room or on the deck.

Notice it is so tall it reaches his 2nd story window. It belongs in a parking lot.

Sure-Oz 01-09-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373835)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188997

You can look here. I thought I put other sup but can find them right now. These were taken with my litte powershot and it really darkens things, so admitedly it doesn't look as bad as it is.

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon was and a lot closer and right at eye level when you are sitting in my dining room or on the deck.

Notice it is so tall it reaches his 2nd story window. It belongs in a parking lot.

That is a big ball of sun in front of their house

MichaelH 01-09-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5373379)
Pellet gun.

After you've shot the bulb out enough times, they'll get the message.

Without reading the other posts, this is the winner. And if they complain, shoot them. But only below the knees. :D

petegz28 01-09-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5373836)
That is a big ball of sun in front of their house

You should see it in person. I do not know how their neighbors right across the streeet tolerate it. But it literally you have to cover your eyes if oyu are sitting on my deck. It is just irritating.

Iowanian 01-09-2009 05:51 PM

I think you should make every effort to be a good neighbor. That goes both ways.

The majority of people are willing to compromise and would be willing to do something to alleviate your discomfort. I'm sure there is something that can be added to the light that will dim your side or block it and still look attractive for their investment.

that said, I do live next to one of those people that asking politely turns into a clusterf@k of dipshittery.

Give them a chance to fix it before you're a dick about it or turn them in. They likely didn't realize it was bothersome to you.

A dimmer bulb would probably fix it too.

Skip Towne 01-09-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5373867)
I think you should make every effort to be a good neighbor. That goes both ways.

The majority of people are willing to compromise and would be willing to do something to alleviate your discomfort. I'm sure there is something that can be added to the light that will dim your side or block it and still look attractive for their investment.

that said, I do live next to one of those people that asking politely turns into a clusterf@k of dipshittery.

Give them a chance to fix it before you're a dick about it or turn them in. They likely didn't realize it was bothersome to you.

Wouldn't frozen paint balls be better?

Iowanian 01-09-2009 06:11 PM

That would be barbaric and uneccessary.

KC Jones 01-09-2009 06:25 PM

It's a crazy thought, but I would try talking to them.

kstater 01-09-2009 06:26 PM

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it'd probably be best if you just talked to them. They probably don't know it's affecting their neighbors so much. No reason to be a dick and call the cops on them.

And without knowing the guy, you don't want to talk to the big scary black man because you think it'll cause a confrontation?

Bwana 01-09-2009 06:48 PM

Bird Bombs............

Mecca 01-09-2009 07:20 PM

If anyone put up a light that shined into my bedroom window, since I like complete darkness when sleeping, I would be really pissed.

I'd go to court before I felt bad about being a dick because my thought would be, you were a dick first putting up that ****ing thing so you get a dick response.

RNR 01-09-2009 07:31 PM

I would try a come to Jesus meeting with him first.

Chief Roundup 01-09-2009 07:39 PM

You ever heard of killing someone with kindness???
Ask your neighbor over for dinner.
Let them see what thier light is doing to thier neighbor that was nice enough to ask them over for dinner so that there would be no word fighting over it back and forth just simply adding fuel to a fire.
During the dinner and conversation you can let them know that it has been bothering you for a while by letting them know that you have been looking for options to help the situation including spending $500 on a tree.
Ask them for thier help to fix this situation.
Then if all else fails you let them know that while you have been trying to find a peaceful and easy solution you have also found that it is against a city ordinance and you can go that way if you are forced to take that road but you would rather not.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-09-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 5373401)
Listen to your wife and buy some curtains.

Really? I ever see a house go on the market in my neighborhood I'll let you know. You'd be a good neighbor.

Have you gone over there and splained' the sitchiation to em? They're about to be cited by the city, so you've obviously won this war. Let them know your conditions for surrender. If they're good with it, great. If not, take no prisoners.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-09-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5373493)
i remember we had this light outside to stop intruders from coming on our property. We had to take it down, next day I was raped

LMAO LMAO LMAO

patteeu 01-10-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5374070)
If anyone put up a light that shined into my bedroom window, since I like complete darkness when sleeping, I would be really pissed.

I'd go to court before I felt bad about being a dick because my thought would be, you were a dick first putting up that ****ing thing so you get a dick response.

If you like complete darkness when you sleep, you ought to introduce yourself to the concept of shades and curtains.

rocks 01-10-2009 07:30 AM

I would suggest that you take them to court. Im guessing that they are not stupid and they know how bright the light is. They have just chosen to infringe on your rights as a neighbor and not respecting the fact that they live in a city. Owning a home in the city affords you certain rights and responsibilities and thankfully your city has a code dealing with Light Trespass.

I know what your going through. We have been having the same type of issue with a neighbor since August of last year. Done the whole talk to him thing (twice) and then had my attorney draft a formal letter asking that the lights be changed. We then found out that our city has no code dealing with Light Trespass. So you have that going for you and would go with it.

Saul Good 01-10-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocks (Post 5374954)
I would suggest that you take them to court. Im guessing that they are not stupid and they know how bright the light is. They have just chosen to infringe on your rights as a neighbor and not respecting the fact that they live in a city. Owning a home in the city affords you certain rights and responsibilities and thankfully your city has a code dealing with Light Trespass.

I know what your going through. We have been having the same type of issue with a neighbor since August of last year. Done the whole talk to him thing (twice) and then had my attorney draft a formal letter asking that the lights be changed. We then found out that our city has no code dealing with Light Trespass. So you have that going for you and would go with it.

First, you should smear his house with feces and burn a cross in his yard. You should probably find out his name and then track down his family members and kill all of them, too.

Why would anyone bother talking rationally to a neighbor first? A conversation? Eff that noise! That's a bunch of hippie bullshit. Burn his house to the ground and piss on the ashes.

How dare someone put up a light and not take it down even though nobody has ever asked him to? This is an outrage!

Brock 01-10-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5374070)

Wouldn't you have to first borrow the attorney money from your mom?

Iowanian 01-10-2009 10:33 AM

It sounds like Mecca is destined for a lifetime in his mother's basement too. Its not his fault, its just the only place he can sleep properly, when he's not up all night playing WoW and practicing nun chucks.

Reading some of the responses in threads like these clarify to me further why I believe its better to live in a small community. Some of you have no concept of being a neighbor.

smittysbar 01-10-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 5373401)
Listen to your wife and buy some curtains.

This.

StcChief 01-10-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 5373395)
Uh, Eddie, Have you tried talking to the neighbor about it?
http://blog.gabefrost.com/wp-content...7/12/eddie.jpg

talk to the neighor.... tell them you have looked up the "unlawful" illumination ordinance....

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysbar (Post 5375141)
This.

**** that. Why should I not be able to enjoy sitting on my deck? And we do have curtains. But I don't want to keep my house closed up all the time. I aksed him if he could wait until 10:00..which involves me closing my CURTAINS in my bedroom. I think that is more than reasonable.

petegz28 01-10-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief (Post 5375142)
talk to the neighor.... tell them you have looked up the "unlawful" illumination ordinance....

I did talk to him. I didn't feel I had to mention that, yet.

StcChief 01-10-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5375149)
I did talk to him. I didn't feel I had to mention that, yet.

if your at this point. next step is cops knocking on his door.
that might get his attention. Court should be that guys last option.
Depending on how the ordinance is written he will likely lose.
Pay fine, smaller pole, dimmer bulb....

your tree? doubt it.

petegz28 01-10-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief (Post 5375164)
if your at this point. next step is cops knocking on his door.
that might get his attention. Court should be that guys last option.
Depending on how the ordinance is written he will likely lose.
Pay fine, smaller pole, dimmer bulb....

your tree? doubt it.

He turned it off last night. I am waiting to see how long this will last. I genuinely feel bad about it but **** it, he shoul dnever of put in such a bright light in the first palce.

Skyy God 01-10-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373651)
All I know is the guy looked like he could play LB for the Chiefs. I am 5'6" and a desk jockey.

This was the first time you saw the guy? Really? It's more likely that you had seen him before, hence your indirect ($500 tree, contacting city attorneys) conflict methods.

OnTheWarpath15 01-10-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5375173)
He turned it off last night. I am waiting to see how long this will last. I genuinely feel bad about it but **** it, he shoul dnever of put in such a bright light in the first palce.

Why the **** do YOU feel bad?

He's the one who gave no consideration to his neighbors when he installed that thing.

RNR 01-10-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5373651)
All I know is the guy looked like he could play LB for the Chiefs. I am 5'6" and a desk jockey. You can do the math....

ROFL Plan B!

petegz28 01-10-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5375191)
Why the **** do YOU feel bad?

He's the one who gave no consideration to his neighbors when he installed that thing.

Oh, I don't know....certain feeling of selfhishness I guess? I know I am in the right but I guess it is like spanking your child...you know it is for the best but you really wish you didn't have to do it. :shrug:

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5375200)
Oh, I don't know....certain feeling of selfhishness I guess? I know I am in the right but I guess it is like spanking your child...you know it is for the best but you really wish you didn't have to do it. :shrug:

I would go over and tell him you appreciate him turning the light out last night. Then I'd tell him what time you don't mind him turning it on for the night. OTW is right though. He may have been oblivious to it when he put it in, but the combination of you installing a tree in to try and block it, and his turning it off to show off his Christmas lights should've been the writing on the wall.

Dave Lane 01-10-2009 03:01 PM

We know you are a big disk why not ask if they will turn it out at certain times? Like before 10 oclock or something. And lets see a pic to be sure

petegz28 01-10-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 5375848)
We know you are a big disk why not ask if they will turn it out at certain times? Like before 10 oclock or something. And lets see a pic to be sure

dude you are like way late to the game... Talked to him, gave Oz a link to pic..though the pic does ltitle justice.....apprecciatet the advice though :)

petegz28 01-10-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5375709)
I would go over and tell him you appreciate him turning the light out last night. Then I'd tell him what time you don't mind him turning it on for the night. OTW is right though. He may have been oblivious to it when he put it in, but the combination of you installing a tree in to try and block it, and his turning it off to show off his Christmas lights should've been the writing on the wall.

I told him yesterday if he could wait until 10:00 to turn it on I will deal with the bedroom window. I am more irked about the dining room and deck.

Skip Towne 01-10-2009 03:53 PM

Have you talked to any of the other neighbors about this. It doesn't hurt to have allies.

|Zach| 01-10-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5375965)
Have you talked to any of the other neighbors about this. It doesn't hurt to have allies.

No, a huge fight could result.

petegz28 01-10-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5375978)
No, a huge fight could result.

Man GFY, Zach.. I get your point..you think I'm a pussy who hides behind a keyboard. Good for you. As you call people a coward from behind your keyboard.

petegz28 01-10-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5375965)

Thought about it but I talked with the guy. He has it shut off for now so we will see how long it lasts or what he ends up doing.

kstater 01-10-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5375998)
Thought about it but I talked with the guy. He has it shut off for now so we will see how long it lasts or what he ends up doing.

I'm stunned that after you went and made him aware of the problem, he actually tried to fix the problem. How very un-humane of him.

petegz28 01-10-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5376167)
I'm stunned that after you went and made him aware of the problem, he actually tried to fix the problem. How very un-humane of him.

nlm

petegz28 01-10-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5375709)

Yea, depending on what he does in the long run, I figured I would thank him. Though as some said, he did ask for it by puttin git up in the first place.

And just to correct some people, not you particularly, I did NOT engage the Police. It was never my intention to engage the Police and I stopped it before the Police got involved. I merely entered a complaint to the city as I did feel a dick move deserved something of a dick move in return. Some agree with that, some don't.

The city for some reason says this is one code that has to be enforced by the Police and therefore I thought better to have the face to face.

Still part of me would of liked to of seen him get a fine just for doing it in the first place. But, I am a dick too so...anyhow, hopefully things will work out and he can have his "dimmer" light and I can have dinner and a nice evening on my deck without wearing blinders myself. :)

Now we can go back to Zach calling people keyboard commandos and calling people cowards from behind the safety of his keyboard. LMAO

Saul Good 01-10-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5375998)

Just your tone makes it pretty clear that you expect the worst even though it sounds to me like your neighbor has done nothing wrong.

He put up a light in his yard. I doubt that he realized that it shined so brightly into your house. After working up some big confrontation scenario in your head, you asked him to turn it off, and he agreed.

There is an asshole in this scenario, and I don't think it's him.

petegz28 01-10-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5376971)
Just your tone makes it pretty clear that you expect the worst even though it sounds to me like your neighbor has done nothing wrong.

He put up a light in his yard. I doubt that he realized that it shined so brightly into your house. After working up some big confrontation scenario in your head, you asked him to turn it off, and he agreed.

There is an asshole in this scenario, and I don't think it's him.

Yea, he wasn't an asshole for putting up a 10ft light that outshines the streetlights in the first place. And it is against city code.

So much for your thinking....

I'll be the first to admit I am an asshole, but I think your math is off, dickhead. :D

And what an asshole I was to spend $500 of my own money to try and block it before I talked to him and thus avoided him getting any fines. Yea, that was a real dick move on my part, wasn't it?

Saul Good 01-10-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377000)
Yea, he wasn't an asshole for putting up a 10ft light that outshines the streetlights in the first place. And it is against city code.

So much for your thinking....

I'll be the first to admit I am an asshole, but I think your math is off, dickhead. :D

And what an asshole I was to spend $500 of my own money to try and block it before I talked to him and thus avoided him getting any fines. Yea, that was a real dick move on my part, wasn't it?

That doesn't make him an asshole. If you had asked him to turn it off at night and he refused, it would make him an asshole. I'm not convinced that it's against city code, either. There is a city code that regulates how bright a light can be, but I haven't seen any proof that this light necessarily violates the code. Just because you say that it does doesn't make it so. He hasn't been cited, and it sounds like the light has been up for months with no complaints from anyone but you.

Spending the $500 makes you an idiot, not an asshole. You make it sound like it was some act of benevolence on your part in order to save your dear neighbor a fine, but you hadn't even discussed the issue with him. It sounds like you spent $500 because you were too much of a pussy to have a man to man conversation with your neighbor on the mean streets of Olathe.

Just to avoid any further confusion:

Buying the $500 tree makes you an idiot.

Being afraid to have a simple talk with your neighbor makes you a pussy.

Still assuming the worst about a guy who, once he realized that his light was a nuisance, agreed to your request to turn it off at night makes you an asshole.

Crying about another poster telling you the truth in a thread that you started on the topic makes you a bitch.

I double-checked my math this time.

|Zach| 01-10-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377214)

Still assuming the worst about a guy who, once he realized that his light was a nuisance, agreed to your request to turn it off at night makes you an asshole.

Crying about another poster telling you the truth in a thread that you started on the topic makes you a bitch.

ROFL

Mr. Plow 01-10-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5373379)
Pellet gun.

After you've shot the bulb out enough times, they'll get the message.

I'm not reading through the thread......you had your answer in the first post.

petegz28 01-10-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377214)
That doesn't make him an asshole. If you had asked him to turn it off at night and he refused, it would make him an asshole. I'm not convinced that it's against city code, either. There is a city code that regulates how bright a light can be, but I haven't seen any proof that this light necessarily violates the code. Just because you say that it does doesn't make it so. He hasn't been cited, and it sounds like the light has been up for months with no complaints from anyone but you.

Spending the $500 makes you an idiot, not an asshole. You make it sound like it was some act of benevolence on your part in order to save your dear neighbor a fine, but you hadn't even discussed the issue with him. It sounds like you spent $500 because you were too much of a pussy to have a man to man conversation with your neighbor on the mean streets of Olathe.

OOOHHHH you really told me..especially all the different names you called me......

No city code?

Quote:

6.06.045 Unlawful Outdoor Illumination.

(a) No person shall install, maintain and/or use an outdoor visible light or other source of illumination which is on private property and produces glare or direct illumination across a property line in a residential area of such intensity that it creates a nuisance or unreasonably interferes with the use or enjoyment of adjacent property.
(b) Outside lights must be made up of a light source and reflector so that, acting together, the light beam is controlled and not directed across a property line.

(c) This section shall not apply to street lights or lights installed, maintained and used in connection with the use and operation of any outdoor stadium; amphitheater or athletic field.

(d) Unlawful outdoor illumination as defined by this section shall be deemed to be a "nuisance" under this chapter and to effect legal relief persons directly affected may sign a complaint in Municipal Court. (Ord. 94-60 § 1, 1994.)
OOPS....idiot. ROFL

Now call me some more names..you pillowbiter

Yea, you really told me......LMAO

Yahm I am just doing it to be a prick cause I have nothing better to do than piss off my neighbors.

****ing idiot.

You don't live here, I do. So therefore I don't give a **** what you "think" about his light cause you don't know shit about what you are saying.

petegz28 01-10-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5377237)
ROFL

Oh look Zach....now you and Saul can share your double-dong..:D

Saul Good 01-10-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377280)
OOOHHHH you really told me..especially all the different names you called me......

No city code?

OOPS....idiot. ROFL

Now call me some more names..you pillowbiter

Yea, you really told me......LMAO

I'm pretty sure that my post said that there was a code against it, smart guy. I guess you must have gotten a testosterone rush coursing through your hulking 5'6" frame that caused you to overlook that part.

What I said was that your saying that it violates code doesn't necessarily mean that it does violate code. The evidence available seems to indicate that it doesn't. From what I've gathered, the light has been up for months. How many citations has he received? I would say that there is a decent chance that this guy can keep his light up as long as he wants.

If it was such a nuisance, someone should have reported it before now. Time is on his side at this point, but that doesn't matter because HE DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED HIM TO DO!

I hope he turns it back on. Passive-aggressive assholes like you are much worse neighbors than this guy could ever be.

petegz28 01-10-2009 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 5377276)
I'm not reading through the thread......you had your answer in the first post.

It would make for an easy target..

This is the light just at dusk...

petegz28 01-10-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5377341)
I'm pretty sure that my post said that there was a code against it, smart guy. I guess you must have gotten a testosterone rush coursing through your hulking 5'6" frame that caused you to overlook that part.

What I said was that your saying that it violates code doesn't necessarily mean that it does violate code. The evidence available seems to indicate that it doesn't. From what I've gathered, the light has been up for months. How many citations has he received? I would say that there is a decent chance that this guy can keep his light up as long as he wants.

If it was such a nuisance, someone should have reported it before now. Time is on his side at this point, but that doesn't matter because HE DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED HIM TO DO!

I hope he turns it back on. Passive-aggressive assholes like you are much worse neighbors than this guy could ever be.

Well, it's just easy for you to sit there and say all your shit. So, we have heard what you "think". We know you are a bad ass. We know I am a whatever the list of names is you called me. And so I offer you a polite, GFY. :)

RJ 01-10-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5377377)
It would make for an easy target..

This is the light just at dusk...

That's it?

I was picturing some sort of spotlight.