ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Lurker 500 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181631)

Bugeater 03-15-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4632480)
The question is still up for grabs regarding the Death an appliance.

I can't believe no one has answered this one yet.

Here's a clue to the poster involved with the incident:

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...jacket-901.jpg

Craash 03-15-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBo (Post 4632567)
I can't believe no one has answered this one yet.

Here's a clue to the poster involved with the incident:

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...jacket-901.jpg

That would be frazod, right?

Let me thought out there 'gochiefs' as the answer for who drove around the block time and time again while gather courage to meet a girl at a party. That HAS to be coming up.

alanm 03-15-2008 08:00 PM

I've known the answer so far to every question posed. But alas unable to answer. :(

Bugeater 03-15-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craash (Post 4632750)
That would be frazod, right?.

You don't appear to be eligible to answer. You'd better read the rules as to not incur the wrath of Iowanian.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 4632755)
I've known the answer so far to every question posed. But alas unable to answer. :(

Just delete about 12,500 of your posts and you'll be golden.:D

Craash 03-15-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBo (Post 4632770)
You don't appear to be eligible to answer. You'd better read the rules as to not incur the wrath of Iowanian.

Just delete about 12,500 of your posts and you'll be golden.:D

Considering I didn't actually answer anything, I think I'm ok. ;-)

KcKing 03-15-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4632511)
Pile of leaves, skip...Pile of leaves. Not the pile of velvetleaf down in your outhouse either.

Next challenge question.

The All Idiot Team.

What is it, why was it created, and why is it funny? No answer valid without the name of the rival poster who initiated it.

Bonus points for naming 2 of that persons Chiefsplanet(star board too) rivals
Bonus point for that rival poster's real name.

The All Idiot Team was created by Packfan... The funny thing about it, was that it was created by him to iggy posters he felt not on his level... But he was filled with such dumbassery... Everybody wanted to be iggy'ed (that a real word?) by him anyway...

And how bout Titus and John as his "rivals"??

KcMizzou 03-15-2008 09:06 PM

Damn... this has the potential to be one of the best threads ever. I'll be back to read from the start later. Nice idea.

VonneMarie 03-15-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4632353)
That's because you disappeared. Remember?

I was gone for 5 months with a broken computer. So you're telling me all this stuff happened in that span? :spock:

Dartgod 03-15-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcKing (Post 4632807)
The All Idiot Team was created by Packfan...

This is not accurate.

Great thread idea Iowanian.

Iowanian 03-15-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shootr (Post 4632549)
I know parts of this. The all idiot team was started by Packfan. Also known as Ken and Dienberg sticks out in my mind as his part of his name.

+1 shootr for getting the rival poster(packfan) and his real name.

Yourself and kcking are close enough to get the explanation and story correction, but not enough to get the point.

Packfan fancied himself a real lombardi. He believed all Chief fans to be complete morAns and was known for suggesting the Chiefs were idiots for every FA signing or trade "Guys like Marcus Allen are available for free every day and the Chiefs traded a pick" would be a typical answer. He was the "newman" to KCTITUS and DARTGOD's Sienfeld. MarkM also had a pretty notorius fued, which escalated when packfan said markslim was a d umbass and never attended a game in Greenbay. He was often proven wrong by the planet archivist....Kctitus(who doesn't post here NEARLY OFTEN ENOUGH...NOR DOES HIS BROTHER)....a quote never escapes that guy when you're wrong.

Anyway....He placed Titus and Dartgod on his "all idiot team"......

Where you're wrong.

Mi_Chiefs_fan and I believe MarkM created the "all idiot team" in which it was essentially mocking packfan, and an honor to be selected. positions were given, and writeups written regarding the abilities each poster would bring to the cyber-Gridiron based off of their posting styles and previous revelations. While packfan mentioned the all-idiot team...its true planet Lore can be found in threads of those mentioned above.

Iowanian 03-15-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcKing (Post 4632807)
The All Idiot Team was created by Packfan... The funny thing about it, was that it was created by him to iggy posters he felt not on his level... But he was filled with such dumbassery... Everybody wanted to be iggy'ed (that a real word?) by him anyway...

And how bout Titus and John as his "rivals"??

The top part isn't quite right.....

kcking +1 point for correctly labeling Titus and JOhn among his rivals. dartgod is also an acceptable answer.

The identity of Maytag Murder is still in play.

Iowanian 03-15-2008 11:00 PM

Who was "thefly" what did the poster become and what was the End of the story?

alanm 03-15-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Mi_Chiefs_fan and I believe MarkM created the "all idiot team" in which it was essentially mocking packfan, and an honor to be selected. positions were given, and writeups written regarding the abilities each poster would bring to the cyber-Gridiron based off of their posting styles and previous revelations. While packfan mentioned the all-idiot team...its true planet Lore can be found in threads of those mentioned above.
I happen to have been honored by being called a "Idiot" by Packfan also honored to be the Waterboy on the All Idiots Team. :thumb:

Iowanian 03-15-2008 11:26 PM

Congratulations Bobby Bouchalanm!

The next item will be

Which player's mother posted here for a while?

Rain Man 03-15-2008 11:40 PM

This may be going too far back, but does anyone remember why did RJ get banned from the KC Star Board? I always found that humorous.

Iowanian 03-15-2008 11:45 PM

I admit, I'm stumpified on that one.

Going back to the Star days....I'd throw up "the mike keck incident" as a test question.
Which Chiefsplanet icon's ass was he going to kick at the airport?

KcMizzou 03-15-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 4632937)
This may be going too far back, but does anyone remember why did RJ get banned from the KC Star Board? I always found that humorous.

Too far back for me. But, If it's the RJ I think you're talking about, it probably wasn't for posting nudie pics.

alanm 03-15-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4632940)

Going back to the Star days....I'd throw up "the mike keck incident" as a test question.

Would this have something to do with Mike Petersen?

Huffmeister 03-15-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4632485)
The next question pertains to an incident involving a mini-mountain of discarded deciduous tree clorophyll conversion devices. How, according to Planet lore might one encourage misguided youth from driving through them? Which planeteer is responsible?

Bwana says to hide a large metal object in the pile of leaves. Engine block, maybe?

That was a good story, but not as good as the bird-bombs against the meth-monkeys, and Jettio's resulting melt-down.

Iowanian 03-15-2008 11:53 PM

+1 Cankerskull.

Mike Pederson is the original "rich scanlon" and was followed by 'dan morgan'.

Mick Keck was a poster on the star......I'll fill in the story but would like to see other views first.

Rausch 03-15-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4632940)

Now I'm flooded with ideas. Good threads.

Rain Man 03-16-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4632941)
Too far back for me. But, If it's the RJ I think you're talking about, it probably wasn't for posting nudie pics.

It's probably too far back to be anywhere but a Chiefsplanet cuneiform tablet, but it was part of the issues that led to the creation of Chiefsplanet. The mods over there were deleting threads and suspending people for some rather perplexing reasons, and RJ made some post where he used an innocuous Spanish term. I don't remember what it was, something like huevos rancheros or hasta la vista or something. He was promptly suspended for something like "racist demagoguery" or something.

Bwana 03-16-2008 12:06 AM

This thread is going to be pure gold.

Rain Man 03-16-2008 12:08 AM

Oh, here's a good one for the lurkers. What people have held the "most cumulative posts" position since the founding of the planet?

Logical 03-16-2008 12:34 AM

What question about the offense was posed to packfan that embarrassed him to the point he went on a rampage that led to the eventual creation of the all idiots team?

Iowanian 03-16-2008 07:04 AM

I can't believe I missed that particular Addition, as it is definitely a planet folklore question anytime someone questions football knowledge of an old timer.

Still in play.

1. The accidental Shooting.

2. The Mike Keck Incident

3. What gochiefs admitted concerning a pubic restroom and his given name after that. Bonus points for listing 4 of his other handles

4. Thefly....who did it become, the story and the grand finale

the Talking Can 03-16-2008 07:16 AM

Iowanian,

This thread is pure chiefs-planet-spelling-genious.

How about a bonus point if someone can name the gaffe, or goof, that pacfan made related to his understanding of football. We tortured him with it forever in the following manner:

Packfan: "Typical chiefs fans, another bad signing..."

Us: "Coming from the guy who didn't even know _____________ , that's hilarious...."

(i only vaguely remember the mistake, but I'm sure someone remembers the exact details)

Iowanian 03-16-2008 07:17 AM

New:

What significance is the # 37 on Chiefsplanet?

KCTitus indeed DID pose a question of football knowledge on Packfan(who said Priest Holmes sucked and prefered Donnell Bennet). Given the comments of Logical and the Can that talks.....What was this question. This important answer shall be worthy of 2!!!! points.(3 if you tell about yourself, lurker)

the Talking Can 03-16-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ill-Logical (Post 4632965)
What question about the offense was posed to packfan that embarrassed him to the point he went on a rampage that led to the eventual creation of the all idiots team?

omg!!

you beat me to it.....ROFL

the Talking Can 03-16-2008 07:20 AM

just to suggest some further avenues of questioning:

denise - gannon - website

Iowanian 03-16-2008 07:25 AM

Excellent suggestion.

Which NFL player was stalked by memyselfI(sofisty/dense) and her website? Which team does this supposed Chiefs fan also claim to like?

Bonus Points.
Name the infamous parody site, and her response to the site.

Iowanian 03-16-2008 07:26 AM

How did "anti-freeze" become a common lexicon on CP?

Skip Towne 03-16-2008 07:33 AM

Great thread. It could go on for awhile.

Iowanian 03-16-2008 07:35 AM

How many times has skiptowne's house burned?
What is his profession?

What is the significance of "classless and deranged"?

burt 03-16-2008 07:43 AM

I have only known about half the answers! Awesome thread!:thumb:

the Talking Can 03-16-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633098)
Bonus Points.

and name the poster responsible for the site

BigMeatballDave 03-16-2008 08:06 AM

Awesome ****ing thread!

Shootr 03-16-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633094)
New:

What significance is the # 37 on Chiefsplanet?

37 was Joe Delaney's number. 37Forever was created in his memory. 37Forever helped provide swimming lessons for kids.

Shootr 03-16-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633098)
Excellent suggestion.

Which NFL player was stalked by memyselfI(sofisty/dense) and her website? Which team does this supposed Chiefs fan also claim to like?

Bonus Points.

Rich Gannon

Dartgod 03-16-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4632873)
+1 shootr for getting the rival poster(packfan) and his real name.

Yourself and kcking are close enough to get the explanation and story correction, but not enough to get the point.

Packfan fancied himself a real lombardi. He believed all Chief fans to be complete morAns and was known for suggesting the Chiefs were idiots for every FA signing or trade "Guys like Marcus Allen are available for free every day and the Chiefs traded a pick" would be a typical answer. He was the "newman" to KCTITUS and DARTGOD's Sienfeld. MarkM also had a pretty notorius fued, which escalated when packfan said markslim was a d umbass and never attended a game in Greenbay. He was often proven wrong by the planet archivist....Kctitus(who doesn't post here NEARLY OFTEN ENOUGH...NOR DOES HIS BROTHER)....a quote never escapes that guy when you're wrong.

Anyway....He placed Titus and Dartgod on his "all idiot team"......

Where you're wrong.

Titus and Luzap were the first two members of the All-Idiot Team. I was added shortly after he accused me of lying about meeting several members of the planet at a Chiefs tailgate.

POP 03-16-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4633123)
and name the poster responsible for the site

MeMyselfI

the Talking Can 03-16-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POP (Post 4633165)
MeMyselfI

yes

but I'm referring to the parody site

Shootr 03-16-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4633167)
yes

KCGannonstalker.com

Dartgod 03-16-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4633167)
yes

Very few people know who did that. I happen to be one of them.

the Talking Can 03-16-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4633171)
Very few people know who did that. I happen to be one of them.

i was just looking for the poster's planet name....I don't actually know who it was...

Dartgod 03-16-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4633174)
i was just looking for the poster's planet name....I don't actually know who it was...

I'm not telling...

the Talking Can 03-16-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shootr (Post 4633170)
KCGannonstalker.com

i can't give you points, but yes again

a trip down memory lane...

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-16-2008 09:04 AM

I miss the good ole days when a lurker was drawn out and we beat his skull in !

But this is fun too.

keg in kc 03-16-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4633175)
I'm not telling...

Me either.

Unless somebody slips me $100.

burt 03-16-2008 09:20 AM

This is more fun.

Huffmeister 03-16-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633099)
How did "anti-freeze" become a common lexicon on CP?

Was that one of the helpful hints given when QuickSurfer's cat went missing?

Baby Lee 03-16-2008 09:30 AM

A poster once blamed a run of dumbassery on a strange form of intoxication. Who was it and what was the intoxicant?

Dartgod 03-16-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4633192)
Me either.

Unless somebody slips me $100.

I'll do it for $95 :D

Baby Lee 03-16-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4633207)
I'll do it for $95 :D

Ill-Logical mused way back in 2005 that more people than not amongst planet verterans knew who he was. Guess I'm one out of the loop coot.

Iowanian 03-16-2008 09:51 AM

+4 shootr.

Credit for 37forever, which originated from a thread by a poster named Adam Jassey from the star. that conversation came here with the new board, and became the 37forever foundation. that group, composed mostly of members of this board began fund raising and was successful in providing swimming lessons to several kids in Missouri and Louisiana(Delaney's home turf). The group also lobbied for 37 to be in the ring of fame, successfully, and was part of a nice article in Sports Illustrated about Delaney.

Also credited with dense's favorite team, the raiders, where she indeed had an online stalker's shrine to Rich Gannon. KCGannonstalker.com was created by an unnamed, but known to many, member of the board. She threatened legal action for the site to be removed, not an unique action to that poster.

I think the commentary of those posters involved or with better recollections of these events can only improve the thread. Bring it strong!

Iowanian 03-16-2008 09:54 AM

The Skinsbra effect.

Describe skinsbra, who the character copied, famous punchline.

Iowanian 03-16-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankerskull (Post 4633196)
Was that one of the helpful hints given when QuickSurfer's cat went missing?

Antifreeze was already part of the lexicon prior to that event...which in and of itself deserves to be a lesson on this unit. You're warm, but not getting a point.

Baby Lee 03-16-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633238)
The Skinsbra effect.

Describe skinsbra, who the character copied, famous punchline.

ROFL ROFL - Iranian spring brake!!

VonneMarie 03-16-2008 10:13 AM

Hey can non lurkers play to?

burt 03-16-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VonneMarie (Post 4633275)
Hey can non lurkers play to?

not if they have deleted a post in this thread........

VonneMarie 03-16-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.B.A. (Post 4633277)
not if they have deleted a post in this thread........

I wrote an answer but it was probably wrong any way. :)

chefsos 03-16-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633086)
Still in play.

1. The accidental Shooting...

This one should be easy lurkers, 'cause it wasn't that long ago.
Hintage: Morning of the 2005 opener with the Jets...

blueballs 03-16-2008 11:00 AM

How did GoCHiefs first get baned

SNAFU 03-16-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633086)
I can't believe I missed that particular Addition, as it is definitely a planet folklore question anytime someone questions football knowledge of an old timer.

Still in play.

1. The accidental Shooting.

2. The Mike Keck Incident

3. What gochiefs admitted concerning a pubic restroom and his given name after that. Bonus points for listing 4 of his other handles

4. Thefly....who did it become, the story and the grand finale

3...This must be where meatpeeker comes from. I never heard the full story. Goatse is one handle.

Mosbonian 03-16-2008 11:11 AM

A question for old time lurkers:

1) He was a "personal" friend of Warren Moon having met him while try to hock his wares...

2) He was known by a nickname that belied what product he was peddling...

Bonus point if you can remember his real first name

mmaddog

Mosbonian 03-16-2008 11:17 AM

Another gem of the old years:

1) He was the most annoying Cowboys fan to ever grace either the Star or CP board. He was constantly a whipping boy for Titus for saying one thing and then something else later.

Who was he?

mmaddog

SNAFU 03-16-2008 11:18 AM

For bonus points I grew up in southern cali. I spent my freshman year of H.S. in Japan. I went to the same college Herm ****ing Edwards went to. I lived in the Wichita area until 3 years ago when I moved to a very desolate place in SW Oklahoma. Bonus info...while in Japan, I atttempted to climb Mt. Fuji. That is all.

Iowanian 03-16-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNAFU (Post 4633344)
3...This must be where meatpeeker comes from. I never heard the full story. Goatse is one handle.

+1 snafu...meatpeeker
+1 snafu, 3 lines about self

Gochiefs, draven, goatse among others, posted a thread about an experience in a public restroom. During this encounter, he expressed joy and satisfaction to have looked at the Wedding tackle of the man urinating next to him, who was apparently a black dude, and hung like a donkey show main event. During that thread of hilarity and bashing that followed...I indeed labeled him "meatpeeker"

Iowanian 03-16-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog (Post 4633353)

1) He was a "personal" friend of Warren Moon having met him while try to hock his wares...

mmaddog

Good questions mmaddog. I admit, I can't recall the name of this poster, but I remember the gist.

Many of you know that our good friend with excellent penmanship, and contributor to kcchiefsdotcom, IdahoJim posts here.

Next question.
Another KC reporter posts on Chiefsplanet, and has lifted terms coined here for his column. Who is that reporter, and what 2 usernames has he posted here under?

alanm 03-16-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog (Post 4633353)

mmaddog

1.T
2.SW

Skip Towne 03-16-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 4633189)
I miss the good ole days when a lurker was drawn out and we beat his skull in !

But this is fun too.

That wasn't lurkers, that was n00bs.

Iowanian 03-16-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 4633381)
1.T
2.SW

Now I remember.

I also remember the cowboy fan.

SNAFU 03-16-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633376)
Good questions mmaddog. I admit, I can't recall the name of this poster, but I remember the gist.

Many of you know that our good friend with excellent penmanship, and contributor to kcchiefsdotcom, IdahoJim posts here.

Next question.
Another KC reporter posts on Chiefsplanet, and has lifted terms coined here for his column. Who is that reporter, and what 2 usernames has he posted here under?

Jason Whitlock. I know one username is Jwhit. Is the other WhitiE?

alanm 03-16-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633384)
Now I remember.

I also remember the cowboy fan.

That was a hint since I'm not eligible for points. But unless you've been around long enough you wouldn't get it anyway.

Iowanian 03-16-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNAFU (Post 4633389)
Jason Whitlock. I know one username is Jwhit. Is the other WhitiE?

+1 snafu

The other UN was bigsexy.

Shootr 03-16-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633376)
Next question.

That would be whitlock. TrINT would be one of the terms. I believe one name he used was big sexy, but I'm not sure.

SNAFU 03-16-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNAFU (Post 4633369)
For bonus points I grew up in southern cali. I spent my freshman year of H.S. in Japan. I went to the same college Herm ****ing Edwards went to. I lived in the Wichita area until 3 years ago when I moved to a very desolate place in SW Oklahoma. Bonus info...while in Japan, I atttempted to climb Mt. Fuji. That is all.

Don't forget my bonus points, sir. I am in it to win it. :D

Iowanian 03-16-2008 11:35 AM

If some of the monday lurkers don't get

1. the appliance assasination
2. the mike keck incident
3. thefly became another poster, who had an explosive demise...
4.Skinsbra....

I might be forced to unholster my cap pistols.

Hammock Parties 03-16-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 4633338)
How did GoCHiefs first get baned

This is a good question. I know the answer. I wonder if Iowanian does, let alone a lurker.

Shootr 03-16-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 4633403)
If some of the monday lurkers don't get

1. the appliance assasination
2. the mike keck incident
3. thefly became another poster, who had an explosive demise...

I might be forced to unholster my cap pistols.

I have been trying to recall the Mike Keck thing, I think he was the guy who was wanting to meet people to fight them. I believe he was a fan of another team, but I can't remember what team.