ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Kodi Add Ons? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297271)

Shaid 02-21-2016 01:09 PM

Search isn't working on my firestick but everything else is. What I've noticed about the firestick is sometimes you need to just pull up Kodi on it and let it do it's updates without trying to go into anything. So basically, just let it sit there for 15 min. Then reboot and go back in. Clear cache and purge packages, etc. once you get back in. Not a lot of processing power in that thing so sometimes you need to let it sit and update on it's own without messing with it too much.

notorious 02-21-2016 04:46 PM

Is it working for anyone else?

Fish 02-21-2016 05:30 PM

Working fine for me on multiple platforms.

notorious 02-21-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12092841)
Working fine for me on multiple platforms.

My computer is running it fine, but several of my friends that have firesticks are having the same problem.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

frankotank 02-21-2016 07:38 PM

yeah...as stated before exodus s/be fixed by the weekend.

I had a big problem today. somehow I really screwed up Kodi. so I went to re-install (I'm running 15.2...was afraid to try 16.0 as I can't get a clear answer as to whether it is stable or not). anyways....when I went to re-install...it wouldn't let me because I didn't have enough space. I was like WTF! what is using all my space.

found the answer....freaking thumbnails dude! about 80% of my space had been taken up with movie thumbnails!!

I downloaded Raw Maintenance and followed the steps in the video below and SPLADDOW!! got 80% of my space back...reinstalled and I'm chilling like a villain!

watching Legend right now on Exodus in 1080 (yeah my search doesnt work either...but you can still watch shit). I'll tell you what...there is NO ****ING WAY I could watch this movie without subtitles! damn man. nice accent. thanks to subtitles so far this movie ROCKS. and the diff between the brothers is astounding....Hardy is jamming it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L_7kK5rI9N0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ragedogg69 02-24-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12092948)
was afraid to try 16.0 as I can't get a clear answer as to whether it is stable or not).

I downloaded Raw Maintenance and followed the steps in the video below and SPLADDOW!! got 80% of my space back...reinstalled and I'm chilling like a villain!

All releases from Kodi are always rock solid stable for me. I cannot remember a release they had where something was ****ed up. Alphas and betas, not so much. I am currently messing with 17 alpha on my Openelec and it seems every update, something breaks. Not fun but seamless 3D is worth it.

Raw maintenance is great. People think it breaks Kodi because after they run it, their thumbnails are gone. Ummm, yeah that is the point. Kodi will simply redownload the ones you need next restart.

frankotank 02-25-2016 01:20 PM

so...about Exodus...a friend at work says his is all good now. well mine isn't. search still doesn't work. I click on "movies" then click on "in theaters" and I get nothing.
I have tried clearing cache and even went to addon installer and reinstalled Exodus. still doesn't work right.

anyone else having issues....or know how I can fix this??

Fish 02-25-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12099018)
so...about Exodus...a friend at work says his is all good now. well mine isn't. search still doesn't work. I click on "movies" then click on "in theaters" and I get nothing.
I have tried clearing cache and even went to addon installer and reinstalled Exodus. still doesn't work right.

anyone else having issues....or know how I can fix this??

There was an issue with an API used by Exodus, that queries info/lists from themoviedb.org. That made certain movie lists in Exodus, like "In Theaters" and Genre lists to not work. You see, these addons borrow online data from lots of different websites and services. When you click on listings like "In Theaters", what happens is that the addon itself then uses what's called an API(application program interface) to talk to website services like themoviedb.org, and get fancy listings for movies. Sometimes those websites change up their code/API, and it breaks addons like Exodus. If it's a permanent change, the Exodus developer must update the addon to reflect the new API. That's what happened here.

The new version of Exodus 1.1 should have this resolved. It was released within the last 2 days. So check and make sure you're running the latest version of Exodus. If not, go to Addon Installer and reinstall it again. It's supposed to update automatically, but reinstalling it will apply the latest version for sure.

notorious 02-25-2016 09:01 PM

Mine is working again.

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2016 08:52 AM

Mine updated this AM. However, if I click on anything, it picks up the stream and stops dead. Black screen. Or, it plays the studio intro on a movie (in theater tab) and then stops.

WilliamTheIrish 02-26-2016 09:29 AM

I re-installed exodus. Now I'm getting it to stream some shows. Movies are no go. If they open, it's an immediate freeze. It doesn't show that it's buffering even. Just frozen. For instance, Arrow will stream. Better call Saul will not. So I jumped around to other add ons ( even the pron apps) and you get audio but no vid.

I'll keep reading up and see if other users find solutions as time goes by. If anybody has an idea that might help, feel free to chime in.

frankotank 02-26-2016 02:02 PM

my Exodus is seemingly working again....but per prev comments about movies not working...I'm wondering if I may have same problem. my in theaters list now populates and my search works. but last night I didn't watch a movie or even try. instead I searched TV shows and watched the newest (second) episode of 11/22/63 and it worked fine.

Shaid 02-26-2016 08:13 PM

Mine updated yesterday and search works fine again.

WilliamTheIrish 02-29-2016 01:34 PM

I'm now updated and running better than ever.

I do have question:

Is it best to avoid the 1080p streams using a firestick? They seem to just freeze. As well as some of the other higher quality streams. Not enough processing power possibly?

thabear04 02-29-2016 03:05 PM

I need some help my nephew clear all my add on. I had prime wire, Phoenix,sports devil genesis and some other ones. How can I add them back on again.

Fish 02-29-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12105498)
I'm now updated and running better than ever.

I do have question:

Is it best to avoid the 1080p streams using a firestick? They seem to just freeze. As well as some of the other higher quality streams. Not enough processing power possibly?

Yeah, normally 1080p is just too much for the stick hardware. A lot of 1080p will likely stream just fine, but you never know. It depends on how it's encoded and how compressed the encoding is. Which varies greatly between 2 copies of the same movie. I'd recommend only displaying 720p material via the app settings.

Fish 02-29-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 12105673)
I need some help my nephew clear all my add on. I had prime wire, Phoenix,sports devil genesis and some other ones. How can I add them back on again.

First, follow these instructions to install the Fusion source: https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Second, install Addon Installer via Fusion: https://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

Third, launch Addon Installer with KODI and install all those addons you listed above. They should all be in the Featured section of Addon Installer. There's instructions in this thread for Sportsdevil and the new Pro Sports too.

thabear04 02-29-2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12105903)
First, follow these instructions to install the Fusion source: https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Second, install Addon Installer via Fusion: https://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

Third, launch Addon Installer with KODI and install all those addons you listed above. They should all be in the Featured section of Addon Installer. There's instructions in this thread for Sportsdevil and the new Pro Sports too.

Thank you Fish.

frankotank 03-02-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 12106395)
Thank you Fish.

insert gross out video here
v
v
v

Fish 03-03-2016 10:34 AM

FYI.... Pro Sport has been updated(v.33) to now include MLB streams. Not much yet as training camp streams aren't popular. But once the season starts, MLB will be available as well.

In addition, it's now possible to add your own Reddit stream source for whatever media you want. Soccer, MMA, Golf, etc. Beware this is very new and still experimental, but it works. If you trust yourself to tinker, here's how to add your own Reddit stream source: https://forums.tvaddons.ag/live-spor...tml#post337398

Fish 03-03-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12109636)
insert gross out video here
v
v
v

Hugs.

http://gfx.bloggar.aftonbladet-cdn.s...oqlossy150.gif

WilliamTheIrish 03-07-2016 01:38 PM

So, I'm going to upgrade to an Amazon Tv box. Lots of options on eBay. Anyway, I'm tempted to purchase one off the shelf and load everything myself.

My two questions:

1) is there a particular seller on eBay one would recommend?

2) I've looked through tvaddons and would like to know how easy I could do the job myself if I purchased one off the shelf.

Thanks cord cutting friends!!

Skyy God 03-07-2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12117470)
So, I'm going to upgrade to an Amazon Tv box. Lots of options on eBay. Anyway, I'm tempted to purchase one off the shelf and load everything myself.

My two questions:

1) is there a particular seller on eBay one would recommend?

2) I've looked through tvaddons and would like to know how easy I could do the job myself if I purchased one off the shelf.

Thanks cord cutting friends!!

Just add Kodi and addons yourself. It's super, super easy.

WilliamTheIrish 03-09-2016 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12105903)

Fish, can I use these same instructions for the Amazon tv box?

Jewish Rabbi 03-09-2016 10:57 AM

I'm having problems streaming again. Exodus, Sportsdevil, about the only thing working is ProSport and it only works sometimes. I'm running the latest version of everything and just did a clean install this morning on Fire box and my PC. Any ideas?

Fish 03-09-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12120529)
Fish, can I use these same instructions for the Amazon tv box?

They're incomplete for FireTV, since you have to sideload the actual KODI app first. Here's everything you need for FireTV:

First, download the KODI .apk file to your computer. Link here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/andr...rmeabi-v7a.apk

Second, enable ADB on your FireTV by doing this:
Quote:

• From the main (Launcher) screen, select Settings.
  • Select System > Developer Options.
  • Select ADB Debugging.

Third, download ADBFire. This is an app you'll run on your computer(Win, OSX, Linux). Your computer will then connect to your FireTV over the network via ADB that you enabled above(they must be on the same network). The ADBFire app will allow you to do anything/everything you want to do with your FireTV. Including installing .apk files like KODI.

ADBFire Download here: http://jocala.com/

Once ADBFire is installed, run it.
Under Control Devices, click New.
Add description as FireTV.
Input FireTV IP address in the Address field.
Leave other settings alone.
Click Save.
Connect.

Once connected, you can click the Install APK button, and install the KODI apk you downloaded in step 1.

Once KODI is installed, you can then continue with the other instructions to install Fusion, then Addon Installer, and have a nice GUI list of all addons you need.

Bonus: Once KODI is installed, you can also install what's called FireStarter. This will give you the ability to launch KODI from the retail Amazon menu by double clicking the Home button on the remote, as opposed to digging through the Amazon apps menu(side loaded apps don't appear in the Recent list in the retail Amazon menu by default). A single click will return you to the Amazon Home menu from KODI. It's basically a Home menu replacement that's customizable.

Firestarter info/download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...t-app-t3118135

Let me know if you have any questions about any of that.

Jewish Rabbi 03-09-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12120814)
They're incomplete for FireTV, since you have to sideload the actual KODI app first. Here's everything you need for FireTV:

First, download the KODI .apk file to your computer. Link here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/andr...rmeabi-v7a.apk

Second, enable ADB on your FireTV by doing this:

Third, download ADBFire. This is an app you'll run on your computer(Win, OSX, Linux). Your computer will then connect to your FireTV over the network via ADB that you enabled above(they must be on the same network). The ADBFire app will allow you to do anything/everything you want to do with your FireTV. Including installing .apk files like KODI.

ADBFire Download here: http://jocala.com/

Once ADBFire is installed, run it.
Under Control Devices, click New.
Add description as FireTV.
Input FireTV IP address in the Address field.
Leave other settings alone.
Click Save.
Connect.

Once connected, you can click the Install APK button, and install the KODI apk you downloaded in step 1.

Once KODI is installed, you can then continue with the other instructions to install Fusion, then Addon Installer, and have a nice GUI list of all addons you need.

Bonus: Once KODI is installed, you can also install what's called FireStarter. This will give you the ability to launch KODI from the retail Amazon menu by double clicking the Home button on the remote, as opposed to digging through the Amazon apps menu(side loaded apps don't appear in the Recent list in the retail Amazon menu by default). A single click will return you to the Amazon Home menu from KODI. It's basically a Home menu replacement that's customizable.

Firestarter info/download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...t-app-t3118135

Let me know if you have any questions about any of that.

Actually, you can just download firestarter and install Kodi from there. A lot easier, IMO, since you only need to use your FireTV and not the computer at all.

Fish 03-09-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12121035)
Actually, you can just download firestarter and install Kodi from there. A lot easier, IMO, since you only need to use your FireTV and not the computer at all.

True. But I recommend ADBFire because of all the other uses for it. Pushing/pulling files/folders/settings/keyboard mappings/, mounting external drives, turning on SFTP, etc. It's essential for all the other stuff beyond just installing KODI.

WilliamTheIrish 03-15-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12121104)
True. But I recommend ADBFire because of all the other uses for it. Pushing/pulling files/folders/settings/keyboard mappings/, mounting external drives, turning on SFTP, etc. It's essential for all the other stuff beyond just installing KODI.

I just read through the install. Looks pretty simple. This will be fun.

frankotank 03-15-2016 10:41 AM

I keep checking and checking every day on Exodus for two things....

1 - 10 Cloverfield Lane
2 - The Witch

anybody found any apps that show these?

Fish 03-15-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12132109)
I keep checking and checking every day on Exodus for two things....

1 - 10 Cloverfield Lane
2 - The Witch

anybody found any apps that show these?

Specific movies aren't tied to specific addons. It's only dependent on when quality versions happens to leak. Once a good version leaks, it should show up in all addons within a reasonable amount of time. Most all of the addons share sources to some degree.

There's normally 3 stages of release with movies. First is the CAM version. Which is a camera recording of a theater release. It has crappy video and audio. Second is the TS version. Which is normally the same crappy camera recording video source that's synced up with a DVD quality audio source. Last comes the actual DVD release. Some addons won't display cam versions because most people don't want to deal with the shitty quality. But addons like 1Channel display cam versions.

frankotank 03-15-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12132121)
Specific movies aren't tied to specific addons. It's only dependent on when quality versions happens to leak. Once a good version leaks, it should show up in all addons within a reasonable amount of time. Most all of the addons share sources to some degree.

There's normally 3 stages of release with movies. First is the CAM version. Which is a camera recording of a theater release. It has crappy video and audio. Second is the TS version. Which is normally the same crappy camera recording video source that's synced up with a DVD quality audio source. Last comes the actual DVD release. Some addons won't display cam versions because most people don't want to deal with the shitty quality. But addons like 1Channel display cam versions.

Exodus shows cam versions on some things. sometimes they are super bad....but sometimes they aren't total crap. I avoid them though....especially if it's a movie I give a shit about.
I tried SALTS as well but no dice.

hoping I get to see 10 cloverfield before I find out what the big surprise is.
I was fortunate enough to be able to see the 6th sense without knowing what the surprise was....

notorious 03-15-2016 04:49 PM

What is the best Sports app for Kodi? Sportsdevil kind of sucks.

ragedogg69 03-16-2016 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12132727)
What is the best Sports app for Kodi? Sportsdevil kind of sucks.

do you have the most up to date sportsdevil? this is the March 6th version: http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/FK1UCkIg/file.html

Pro Sports addon is amazing for the major sports.

Jewish Rabbi 03-16-2016 07:15 PM

I've been using Castaway. Essentially SportsDevil but it works better. Available from the add-on installer.

WilliamTheIrish 04-05-2016 11:41 AM

Okay, I'm six months cable free. And this firestick is working perfectly for baseball. I'm not sure I need a firetv box, although I'm going to purchase one soon and do the add on myself.

Currently, I'm sitting in my sun room, watching the Yanks/Stro's and the stream/picture is crystal clear.

I've saved just over a 1k$ to this point.

007 04-05-2016 07:00 PM

Is anyone else having problems with 1channel tonight?

Athis 04-06-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12165719)
Is anyone else having problems with 1channel tonight?

It was working last night. Today it's not.:cuss:

ragedogg69 04-14-2016 03:10 PM

So I am playing around with Estuary the new default skin for Kodi v17. Much much better than confluence. However, still not as good as any of the Aeon 3rd party skins. Some things are buried into the menus, but I am sure they will streamline it quite a bit.

thabear04 04-23-2016 09:50 PM

How do I get the new update jarvis.

Squalor2 04-23-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12178815)
So I am playing around with Estuary the new default skin for Kodi v17. Much much better than confluence. However, still not as good as any of the Aeon 3rd party skins. Some things are buried into the menus, but I am sure they will streamline it quite a bit.

i am a noob on this but methinks you are running a 17 that isnt a beta build. sorry

Fish 04-24-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 12192898)
How do I get the new update jarvis.

https://kodi.tv/download/

007 04-25-2016 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12193345)

I really wish they would update within the program itself instead of having to install a new version that requires you to reset everything back to the way you had it.

dirk digler 04-25-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12194002)
I really wish they would update within the program itself instead of having to install a new version that requires you to reset everything back to the way you had it.

I use Kodi with my Amazon Fire and after I update it all my settings stay the same. :shrug:

Fish 04-25-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12194002)

What do you mean? Installing new versions of KODI doesn't delete any settings or plugins from previous versions.

007 04-25-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12194049)
What do you mean? Installing new versions of KODI doesn't delete any settings or plugins from previous versions.

Hasn't been my experience on my tablet

Fish 04-25-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12194348)
Hasn't been my experience on my tablet

Well that's the way it is. The only way it wouldn't update without losing settings is if you went from XBMC to KODI, or some other fork migration. Otherwise it always retains settings and addons.

thabear04 04-25-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12193345)

I download it from my computer now how do I add it to my firestick ?

Fish 04-25-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 12194866)
I download it from my computer now how do I add it to my firestick ?

Easiest way is to use your computer that's on the same network as the fireTV. Download this to your computer: http://jocala.com/

Get the IP address of your FireTV.
Turn on adb debugging on your FireTV:
Quote:

Turn on ADB Debugging

You must enable ADB on the Fire TV device before you can connect to the device.

From the main (Launcher) screen, select Settings.
Select System > Developer Options.
Select ADB Debugging.
Run adbFire, connect to the IP address you recorded above. Once connected, there's a button to install any .apk file. Select the .apk you downloaded from my link above.

thabear04 04-25-2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12195168)
Easiest way is to use your computer that's on the same network as the fireTV. Download this to your computer: http://jocala.com/

Get the IP address of your FireTV.
Turn on adb debugging on your FireTV:

Run adbFire, connect to the IP address you recorded above. Once connected, there's a button to install any .apk file. Select the .apk you downloaded from my link above.

Thank you Fish I'll give this a try later on tomorrow or during this week. Thank you for always helping me out on here.

TimBone 04-26-2016 02:21 AM

Posting pics of random hot chicks in hopes of getting that nasty .gif that Fish posted out of the thread preview in Tapatalk mode.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7dd71e3ac7.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...aea815e88d.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...e187c64203.jpg

007 04-26-2016 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12195520)
Posting pics of random hot chicks in hopes of getting that nasty .gif that Fish posted out of the thread preview in Tapatalk mode.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7dd71e3ac7.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...aea815e88d.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...e187c64203.jpg

or you could just disable picture preview on tapatalk.

TimBone 04-26-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12195539)
or you could just disable picture preview on tapatalk.

Hell naw, I love the feature for the most part.

ragedogg69 04-26-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squalor2 (Post 12192930)
i am a noob on this but methinks you are running a 17 that isnt a beta build. sorry

what?

ragedogg69 05-03-2016 07:52 PM

2 things:

anyone know what repos or add ons are uninstalling other add ons? the official kodi blog had a post about it, but did not name names.

In the comments, official developers basically say they would be very happy if about 25% of the userbase just went away. They also said they could do so by removing the ability of using 3rd party addons or at least pirate addons.

Could be interesting if anything ever comes of it.

Shaid 05-03-2016 09:54 PM

I think that would be more than 25% of the userbase.

Jewish Rabbi 05-03-2016 10:06 PM

I would guess the people they wish would go away are the ones buying the boxes off eBay, that have no idea how to troubleshoot anything themselves and bitch at Kodi devs when stuff goes wrong in the third party apps.

Squalor2 05-03-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12195834)
what?

what?

Mr. Plow 05-04-2016 10:13 AM

Alright - just getting into this and not 100% sure what I'm looking for. Friend directed me to www.minix.us to get a box, but I see they are readily available just about anywhere.

So, one of you experts get me going in the right direction as to what I need.

ThaVirus 05-04-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12195520)

God bless you.

Fish 05-04-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12215606)
Alright - just getting into this and not 100% sure what I'm looking for. Friend directed me to www.minix.us to get a box, but I see they are readily available just about anywhere.

So, one of you experts get me going in the right direction as to what I need.

The mini's are pretty overpriced for what you get. I'd recommend the Amazon FireTV. Currently only $85: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U3FPN4U?...l_567s7kszzr_e

Then you'd load KODI on it and install some plugins. It's a piece of cake. There's countless guides online, including videos. And if you have any trouble, I'd be happy to help.

Mr. Plow 05-04-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12215828)
The mini's are pretty overpriced for what you get. I'd recommend the Amazon FireTV. Currently only $85: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U3FPN4U?...l_567s7kszzr_e

Then you'd load KODI on it and install some plugins. It's a piece of cake. There's countless guides online, including videos. And if you have any trouble, I'd be happy to help.

Awesome!!!

WilliamTheIrish 05-06-2016 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12215837)
Awesome!!!

Fish took me from a rookie and helped me along the way. After 6 months I can troubleshoot most issues and bought a firetv box and loaded everything myself. I'm now 7 months cable free and never, ever miss anything I want to watch.

Mr. Plow 05-06-2016 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12218588)
Fish took me from a rookie and helped me along the way. After 6 months I can troubleshoot most issues and bought a firetv box and loaded everything myself. I'm now 7 months cable free and never, ever miss anything I want to watch.

That's my ultimate goal - no cable. The cost of having it is ridiculous.

I ordered a FireTV on Wednesday since Fish gave it his seal of approval, should be here today, so I'm going to spend the weekend getting it set up.

ThaVirus 05-06-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12218588)

What about live sports?

WilliamTheIrish 05-06-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12219088)
What about live sports?

They're all there. I watch ALL mlb games. ANY NFL games that interest me, all NBA games are available.

It's all there. The one drawback is that fast moving sports on a stream tend to be a little streaky. It's not bad. It is noticeable. But I've learned to live with that. I've also learned to live with an extra 2300$ per year in my pocket.

Mr. Plow 05-06-2016 04:01 PM

Alright, got my fire tv delivered today. What do I need to know?

WhawhaWhat 05-06-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12219419)

Load Kodi

Load the repository and then add Pro Sport/Exodus/Phoenix/SALTS/etc. through the Add-on installer

ThaVirus 05-06-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12219304)
They're all there. I watch ALL mlb games. ANY NFL games that interest me, all NBA games are available.

It's all there. The one drawback is that fast moving sports on a stream tend to be a little streaky. It's not bad. It is noticeable. But I've learned to live with that. I've also learned to live with an extra 2300$ per year in my pocket.

Awesome. So:

1. Buy the Amazon Fire TV

2. Download KODI

3. Install whatever programs or what have you that you want

4. ????

4. Profit

Fish 05-07-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12219419)

OK. Here's how I'd start. Follow this guide to enabling ADB, getting the adbFire app, and installing KODI:

https://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi-amazon-fire-tv/

The adbFire app is infinitely easier to use than the ESFileExplorer method in my opinion. And it also gives you countless other capabilities to do stuff you'll need to do with your FireTV.

Once that's done, launch KODI. Then follow this guide to setup Fusion within KODI(Fusion is a website source that allows you to install addons directly within KODI): https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Once Fusion is installed, then follow this to install the Addon Installer app: https://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

Once that's done, you'll launch the Addon Installer, and install the actual addons. Addon Installer is under Programs.

Once Addon Installer is launched, go to the Featured section. I'd start with installing Exodus, 1Channel, Pro Sport, Phoenix.

You can also install Sportsdevil, but must do that manually. Download the Sportsdevil .zip file here(BUT DO NOT UNZIP IT!): http://www116.zippyshare.com/d/41a8y...2016-05-03.zip

Use adbFire to push the file to the addons folder. Then manually install the zip via this method: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install...from_zip_files

Once those are installed, you can navigate within KODI to System\Settings\Skin\Settings and tweak how KODI looks. Once you get a bit familiar with the interface, you can also install new Skins, and customize the living shit out of things. Including have links to other Amazon FireTV apps like Netflix, Amazon Video, Pandora, launch directly within KODI.

Other Stuff:

Here's a guide to sideload using just about any method/device: http://www.aftvnews.com/sideload/

Here's a couple pages full of resources and instructions to do just about anything with your FireTV:

https://www.tvaddons.ag/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv

http://www.aftvnews.com/

Too much? Let me know if you have questions. :toast:

Jewish Rabbi 05-07-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12220092)
OK. Here's how I'd start. Follow this guide to enabling ADB, getting the adbFire app, and installing KODI:

The adbFire app is infinitely easier to use than the ESFileExplorer method in my opinion. And it also gives you countless other capabilities to do stuff you'll need to do with your FireTV.

Once that's done, launch KODI. Then follow this guide to setup Fusion within KODI(Fusion is a website source that allows you to install addons directly within KODI): https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Once Fusion is installed, then follow this to install the Addon Installer app: https://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

Once that's done, you'll launch the Addon Installer, and install the actual addons. Addon Installer is under Programs.

Once Addon Installer is launched, go to the Featured section. I'd start with installing Exodus, 1Channel, Pro Sport, Phoenix.

You can also install Sportsdevil, but must do that manually. Download the Sportsdevil .zip file here(BUT DO NOT UNZIP IT!): http://www116.zippyshare.com/d/41a8y...2016-05-03.zip

Use adbFire to push the file to the addons folder. Then manually install the zip via this method: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install...from_zip_files

Once those are installed, you can navigate within KODI to System\Settings\Skin\Settings and tweak how KODI looks. Once you get a bit familiar with the interface, you can also install new Skins, and customize the living shit out of things. Including have links to other Amazon FireTV apps like Netflix, Amazon Video, Pandora, launch directly within KODI.

Other Stuff:

Here's a guide to sideload using just about any method/device: http://www.aftvnews.com/sideload/

Here's a couple pages full of resources and instructions to do just about anything with your FireTV:

Fish, why Sportsdevil over Castaway? Castaway is much easier to install and for me has worked better for longer than Sportsdevil.

Fish 05-07-2016 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12220108)
Fish, why Sportsdevil over Castaway? Castaway is much easier to install and for me has worked better for longer than Sportsdevil.

It hasn't been working for several weeks, and the repo has also been dead so you can't install it.

Mr. Plow 05-09-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Once Addon Installer is launched, go to the Featured section. I'd start with installing Exodus, 1Channel, Pro Sport, Phoenix .

Other Stuff:

Wow, that was simple. I give you eleven billion super rep points. These are not average rep points, they are super. So don't just give them away.

I'm sure I'll have questions....what to add, etc. I added the 4 you suggested (Exodus, 1Channel, Pro Sport, Phoenix) - once I get a bit familiar with what I'm doing, I'm sure there is tons more I can ask.

Thanks a ton for all the help!

Fish 05-09-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12222992)
Wow, that was simple. I give you eleven billion super rep points. These are not average rep points, they are super. So don't just give them away.

I'm sure I'll have questions....what to add, etc. I added the 4 you suggested (Exodus, 1Channel, Pro Sport, Phoenix) - once I get a bit familiar with what I'm doing, I'm sure there is tons more I can ask.

Thanks a ton for all the help!

Well I'm mighty stingy with rep anyway, so I'll manage the rep hammer responsibly. :D

If/when you have questions, hit me up. It's capable of quite a bit, just let me know how far down the rabbit hole you wanna go. It's capable of being rooted at the moment, if that tickles your fancy. You can do some extra customization stuff with root. It's complicated. But if there's not really anything specific in mind you needed it for, it won't really be necessary. You can sideload just about any app.

There was a recent update released for FireTV, the v5.0.5.1 firmware update. If you've already went through the setup process, you've probably already updated to that as they try and force it as part of the setup process. It changed things quite a bit. Mostly for the better.

WilliamTheIrish 07-03-2016 06:03 PM

A very strange thing happened to my firestick overnight. I plugged it in and the tv didn't recognize that it even existed in the hdmi port(s) I could understand that if only KODI was gone as I've accidentally deleted it before. But today, even the Amazon TV content was gone. Everything.

I changed TV's thinking maybe my bedroom tv hdmi ports we messed up. So I tried another tv. And another. And no fire tv. No KODI. NOTHING. Anyway if you have some suggestions, I'm all ears.

aturnis 07-17-2016 03:07 PM

Kodi just released Kodi freetelly. Basically Kodi with add-ons pre-installed and ready to go.

Only available for Windows and Mac though. No plans for Android as they said it's "easier for Android users to do it themselves".

Shag 07-18-2016 03:35 PM

So, what's the deal with Pro Sport? Just installed it the other day, but there never seem to be any streams for anything. Trying baseball games, just to see the quality, but not finding any streams for the games listed.

Fish 07-18-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12321650)
So, what's the deal with Pro Sport? Just installed it the other day, but there never seem to be any streams for anything. Trying baseball games, just to see the quality, but not finding any streams for the games listed.

It shines for NFL and NHL. Especially NFL. Come NFL season, you'll find every single game along with an archive of all previous week's NFL games that you can watch through the season. It's like free NFL Rewind. It admittedly doesn't do as well for baseball though. I use Castaway for baseball and ProSport for NFL and NHL.

Shag 07-19-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12322519)
It shines for NFL and NHL. Especially NFL. Come NFL season, you'll find every single game along with an archive of all previous week's NFL games that you can watch through the season. It's like free NFL Rewind. It admittedly doesn't do as well for baseball though. I use Castaway for baseball and ProSport for NFL and NHL.

Thanks! I'm actually interested in it for NFL and NHL, but wanted to see the quality, so was trying baseball. Good to know that it might be more useful for sports I want to stream.

How is the stream quality typically? Hockey, especially, seems to suffer when the quality isn't great.

I may be moving later this year, and may not have access to directv when I do, and want to ensure I can still watch the Chiefs and the Wild in good quality.

ThaVirus 07-19-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Other Stuff:

I'm going to do this. Thanks for the info.

But before I make my purchase, will the FireTV Stick be sufficient or should I go with the box?