ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345487)

ThyKingdomCome15 10-08-2022 06:03 PM

We had a Pittbull running our penned up weaned calves one day. Shot him on the spot, no questions asked. Doesn't matter what kind of dog it is really. If they get caught running cattle, they're dead. We never told the neighbor either. Lucky just didn't come home one day.

Easy 6 10-08-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 16515054)
Not a fan of those dogs. Definitely wouldn't feel safe with my kids outside if a neighbor had them out. Went to a bonfire years ago at a friend's who had 2 Pits and they were pals for years and suddenly at the bon fire they began fighting each other to the death. No idea why...they were trained supposedly too. Took several people to separate them and get their arms and hands all tore up in the process. One of the dogs died shortly after separation and the other was put down later. No attack towards humans but man they seem unpredictable. Really sad for this family. I'd be done if this happened to my kids. I have no idea if they'll ever recover from this.

Yes this, they're a stupid and unpredictable breed... they can and will snap

2bikemike 10-08-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 16514931)
I feel so bad about them that I own one.

Yours looks just like my daughters. Hers is the sweetest gentlest dog. His most aggressive move his bumping you with his massive head to get a little petting. Then when you pet him I think he tries to purr like a cat but it comes out more like a moan!

dlphg9 10-08-2022 06:33 PM

Should do a mass extermination of all pit and pit mixes. Lots of wannabe gangsters and **** twats that think the dog makes them look tough.

scho63 10-08-2022 06:34 PM

I was bit on the foot by a pitbull 6-7 weeks ago. I was lucky coworker got his dog off my immediately as it jumped on me next.

They are horrible pets and anyone who says otherwise is an ignorant douche.

dlphg9 10-08-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16515204)
I was bit on the foot by a pitbull 6-7 weeks ago. I was lucky coworker got his dog off my immediately as it jumped on me next.

They are horrible pets and anyone who says otherwise is an ignorant douche.

Are you trying to tell me they're not just the biggest scaredy cat, fun loving dogs that wouldn't hurt a fly?! Cuz lots of dip shits in here are saying that.

Easy 6 10-08-2022 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16515168)
We had a Pittbull running our penned up weaned calves one day. Shot him on the spot, no questions asked. Doesn't matter what kind of dog it is really. If they get caught running cattle, they're dead. We never told the neighbor either. Lucky just didn't come home one day.

Thats some John Dutton gangster shit

Control them or I will lol

scho63 10-08-2022 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16515202)
Should do a mass extermination of all pit and pit mixes. Lots of wannabe gangsters and **** twats that think the dog makes them look tough.

1. It should be an illegal pet if you have children under 18
2. You should be mandated to carry $1,000,000 of liability insurance for each pitbull you own
3. Your pitbull kills someone, you do 10 years in jail minimum.

End of story.

Easy 6 10-08-2022 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16515202)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16515205)
Are you trying to tell me they're not just the biggest scaredy cat, fun loving dogs that wouldn't hurt a fly?! Cuz lots of dip shits in here are saying that.

Huh, say wah?

Dial it down, drunkie!

crispystl 10-08-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16514928)
Pitbulls make up less than 6% of the dog population, yet are responsible for more than 80% of dog related human fatalities in the US

I don't give a damn what anyone says, I wouldn't trust one of those ****ing dogs for one second

For sure. I hate being around them.

MarkDavis'Haircut 10-08-2022 06:52 PM

What is exhausting is all those people on social media who try to say that pitbulls are misunderstood.

They have a reputation for a reason.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-08-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16515232)
What is exhausting is all those people on social media who try to say that pitbulls are misunderstood.

Just like Raiders fans!

MarkDavis'Haircut 10-08-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 16515236)
Just like Raiders fans!

Don't make me get my knives out. :D

Otter 10-08-2022 06:58 PM

Used to walk and take care of my neighbor's pit when he was out of town for a couple days or more. Loved me, my boxer and anyone I would give the nod to.

The only bad experience I had was a yip dog stuck his snout through the fence and scared us both. Not scared, just a jump scare. I'm guessing the vertical gaps were about 5" apart so just big enough to fit his snoot through but nothing else.

Well, toby, not having a good grasp on physics grabbed the yip dog by the snout and decided he could pull him out. Had to choke him out before he tore the other dog's face off, which he may have.

They're a double edge sword. Boxers and German Shepards are my goto breed.

rabblerouser 10-08-2022 07:14 PM

I'm a lab person. I don't know what that means, but...

Eureka 10-08-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16515166)
But to be Frank the flat out meanest dogs I’ve seen and would never ever ever own are Chows.

My oldest brothers father had Chows when I was growing up. The rule was you could play in the yard around the dogs but do not look them in the eyes/stare at them in the eyes. I never tried it.

Pepe Silvia 10-08-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 16515252)
I'm a lab person. I don't know what that means, but...

Black, Yellow, or Chocolate?

Spott 10-08-2022 07:45 PM

Quote:

All the people on social media are exhausting about everything.

Pepe Silvia 10-08-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

It’s how you raise them, I love pit bulls, even if they kill me.

HonestChieffan 10-08-2022 07:59 PM

back a few years back KC passed an ordinance against these foul bastards. For about 2 months they were being dumped in the country by their awesome dog loving owners. Neighbor and I killed 4 before they stopped showing up. They would kill calves and one neighbor had 4 sheep killed by one that I ended up shooting.

alanm 10-08-2022 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16515166)
I love dogs and have always had them and have met some great Pitt Bulls. But I don’t think I would ever own one either.

But to be Frank the flat out meanest dogs I’ve seen and would never ever ever own are Chows.

This. 1000 times this.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-08-2022 08:14 PM

I'm honestly more fearful of the cat than the Pitty mix. (not a puppy in the pic)

https://i.imgur.com/Pw4QIwv.jpg

Marcellus 10-08-2022 08:23 PM

I had almost forgotten. A good friend of mine ended up in a mess with his neighbors. They were waking theirl little dog down the sidewalk by their house and and another neighbor’s pitt got out and and attacked their little dog.

The woman was trying to get the pitt off her dog and it bit her then went after the little dog again. My friend ran out and grabbed the dog by its collar pulled it away and hung the dog by its collar on chain link fence post somehow.

The little dog died and they had to take the woman to the hospital for stitches.

The dog was likely raised to be mean but Jesus. The neighbor who owned the dog tried to fight to keep it from being put down but obviously lost.

mr. tegu 10-08-2022 08:23 PM

Terrible story. What I don’t get, if you have little kids especially, and I’m genuinely curious. Why get a pit bull? What’s the appeal unique to them? There are countless great family dogs that aren’t prone to snapping so violently. I understand it’s rare to get as bad as this story but even bites can leave terrible injuries.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-08-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16515333)
Terrible story. What I don’t get, if you have little kids especially, and I’m genuinely curious. Why get a pit bull? What’s the appeal unique to them? There are countless great family dogs that aren’t prone to snapping so violently. I understand it’s rare to get as bad as this story but even bites can leave terrible injuries.

According to the article... the dogs pre-dated the kids.

Pablo 10-08-2022 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16515333)

There's no good reason. It's always dipshits that think the dogs are cool cuz they're tough!!! And then take pics of the bastards with their one month olds.

What's better than man's best friend? Man's best friend that could murder at will!!! So cool. Almost always poor trash and Raiders fans(which are the same thing).

Otter 10-08-2022 08:29 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sfg7oA9OQF8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 10-08-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 16515323)
I'm honestly more fearful of the cat than the Pitty mix. (not a puppy in the pic)

https://i.imgur.com/Pw4QIwv.jpg

Thats nice, dear

Pablo 10-08-2022 08:40 PM

I'm only if favor of complete extermination for a few things:

Pitbulls, Ticks, Mosquitos and Raiders fans.

Easy 6 10-08-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 16515342)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sfg7oA9OQF8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its a shitty sandwich with fries and some cheap, huge box with a junk toy inside... America is DOOMED

Mephistopheles Janx 10-08-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16515349)
Thats nice, dear

Isn't it, though? He is a super sweet and shy boy.

Would you hate him less if I tell you that he is only a quarter pitty? Or is it a one-drop rule kinda thing for ya?

Easy 6 10-08-2022 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 16515368)
Isn't it, though? He is a super sweet and shy boy.

Would you hate him less if I tell you that he is only a quarter pitty? Or is it a one-drop rule kinda thing for ya?

I don't wanna hate any dog, there are always exceptions to the rule... that said I'll never own one, or recommend anyone getting one

And I'm not speaking from inexperience, been around those those dumbass dogs more than enough to form my own opinions... they're a pointless, stupid breed IMO

MarkDavis'Haircut 10-08-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 16515354)
I'm only if favor of complete extermination for a few things:

Pitbulls, Ticks, Mosquitos and Raiders fans.

I am going to need to watch my back if I am ever in KC. :eek:

Otter 10-08-2022 09:23 PM

Ok, I'll be the asshole: is that a lesbian couple?

Pablo 10-08-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 16515402)
Ok, I'll be the asshole: is that a lesbian couple?

We are gonna need to see pics of moms gash to confirm. And not the one the pitbulls gave her

stumppy 10-08-2022 09:28 PM

My son, about 25 at the time, had one run up behind him, my son turned around at the sound and that ****er bit him twice on his thigh then clamp down just above his knee and started trying to rip a chuck out.
Fortunately, he remembered a few things his old man taught him about fighting...anything. He thumb punched that ****er right in the eye as hard as he could. Dog let go and ran off. Never did find out who the owner was. Ended up having to get a bunch of stitches and rabies shots.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-08-2022 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16515390)
I don't wanna hate any dog, there are always exceptions to the rule... that said I'll never own one, or recommend anyone getting one

And I'm not speaking from inexperience, been around those those dumbass dogs more than enough to form my own opinions... they're a pointless, stupid breed IMO

I wouldn't recommend them either. Mostly because I don't trust people to train them properly. Mine came to me because he and 13 other puppies were dumped in Lexington, MO. I was fostering two of them pups and my boy Louie (Heeler mix) took a shine to him so we kept him.

He and the cat are currently WWE style fighting and body slamming one another. The cat will absolutely put that wee beast in his place to the point where the Pitty mix won't even make eye contact.

It is hysterical to watch.

Easy 6 10-08-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 16515043)
Had my Pitt jump my fence to go play with my neighbors kids. He is a little dumb, can really have only one thought in his head at a time, but damn if he isn't the friendliest dog I have ever seen. No signs of aggression even when other dogs are being mean to him.

Yeah but two parents are burying their kids after 8 years of believing the same thing

crayzkirk 10-08-2022 11:09 PM

I have a friend that loves them. He's a hot head and thinks they are cool. Of course, they aren't trained and when they do something wrong, he yells at them and hits them. He had a male and female that he had to keep crated because they would just keep tearing each other up.

For him, at least, the dogs are more of a symbol of how much of a badass he thinks he is. He's Italian, short and fat. He asked me to watch them one time and I said absolutely not. Nothing worse than an untrained dog. Won't sit, heel or even respond when it sees something it wants to go after. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Is there a Pitbull ordinance in Kansas City?

Warrick 10-08-2022 11:51 PM

According to the article they’d had the dogs 8 years with no problems, but 6 of those years were without the children. Situations like this the animals can be jealous of the attention they are no longer getting, and with a 2 year and a 5 month old there wasn’t likely much time or attention left over. Animals are animals. Don’t take a chance with your children especially with a breed that has been known to attack or even kill others.

Bowser 10-09-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 16514969)
That's just....horrible.

Yeah. Absolute nightmare fuel.

Rain Man 10-09-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16515077)
Every one of these stories - “they never did anything like that before!”

As a runner I spend a lot of time on the street. I haven't been threatened frequently, but whenever a dog comes after me the moron owner always says that.

Well, guess what? I've never sued anyone into extreme poverty, but if you're too stupid to leash your dog, I guess that'll be two firsts. I've been charged by dogs enough that I will absolutely get a late-night lawyer and sue you for everything I can get. I've lost patience with stupid owners.

The last time it happened to me was terrifying. A biggish dog was going to kill me until the stupid owner sprinted up and grabbed it. And then two hours later when I passed by the house on the way home, the dog was still running loose. That idiot is going to fund my retirement at some point.

Now, I probably should carry mace, but it happens infrequently enough that it's hard to justify carrying something around on every run. But this is reminding me that I should. Plus, I guess it'll train the dogs if the owners are too stupid to do so.

I've actually been charged more often than I probably remember. But if a dog charges me on a leash, the owner's good and they can always stop it. I did have a woman almost go down when she was walking two labs and one of them went insane when I ran by 30 feet away from her. But she hung on, so I tip my hat to her.

Of my three scariest incidents, two were labs, which surprises me. But labs are so common that I guess even a low attack incidence will produce a few problems due to sheer numbers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag (Post 16514951)
Seems like they are everywhere, especially with societies shift towards normalizing thugisms

Very sad for this family and others who have had bad experiences with mad dogs

We had a pit bull ban in Denver until about 18 months ago. Everyone seems to have one now, and these aren't thugs. They're pretty normal-looking (usually young) people. I have two theories behind this:

1. There was sweet and sad violin music for years about the ban and how it unjustly punished a lovable breed. I think that might have convinced a lot of the younger population that pit bulls are sweeties who have been persecuted, and now we're seeing a population boom by those people in an attempt to atone.

2. The modern internet culture makes it cool to go against advice, recommendations, and common sense. So maybe it's cool now to get a pit bull to show that "no one can tell me what to do".

I'm sure there's an appeal to thugs as well, but I live in a low-thuggery neighborhood so I don't see that.

With good owners, I suspect that most owners will be fine, and probably 1 percent of owners will get totally screwed because their dog will "never do that before" until it decides one day to maul a person.

HonestChieffan 10-09-2022 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 16515491)
I have a friend that loves them. He's a hot head and thinks they are cool. Of course, they aren't trained and when they do something wrong, he yells at them and hits them. He had a male and female that he had to keep crated because they would just keep tearing each other up.

For him, at least, the dogs are more of a symbol of how much of a badass he thinks he is. He's Italian, short and fat. He asked me to watch them one time and I said absolutely not. Nothing worse than an untrained dog. Won't sit, heel or even respond when it sees something it wants to go after. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

there is but not sure its enforced. Mayor does all he can to look the other way from the hood

BigBeauford 10-09-2022 02:09 PM

This is ****ing terrible. And these two tards look like the poster children for "My pittie cupcake wouldn't hurt a fly".

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-09-2022 02:13 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6eIQ2jLhDVI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eleazar 10-09-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16515694)
This is ****ing terrible. And these two tards look like the poster children for "My pittie cupcake wouldn't hurt a fly".

Right, it’s always “well MY dog would never do that”

notorious 10-09-2022 04:07 PM

Probably the worst thing I've read here. :(

seamonster 10-09-2022 05:15 PM

If you can get behind an attacking pit bull (easier said than done) they're one of the easier dogs to asphyxiate. You can just pull back on the collar and they'll go to sleep. Two dogs is a wrap though. Looks like the owners had the dogs before they had kids. Didn't do a good job of seperating the kids from the shitbulls. Unnecessary tragedy.

ThaVirus 10-09-2022 05:51 PM

Terrible story.

My thoughts:

I don't have any issue with pits or any other breed, but you need to be able to control your animal at a moment's notice; therefore, I would not endorse having larger breeds of dogs around small children with only a weak man or woman present.

It sounds like the mother here did her best but I question her strength and decision-making. Laying on a child with two ferocious 40-65 pound dogs trying to kill her is just not a good choice. If the dogs had the child in their jaws, she should have been choking, kicking or stabbing the shit out of those animals. If they didn't have a hold of them, she needed to get them off the ground immediately. If she could have gotten them on the kitchen counter, she could have bought some time to get things situated.

Generally speaking, physical incompetence, especially in dealing with "wild" domestic animals really upsets me. Any viral video of an out-of-control dog or cat is bound to involve a handful of weak ass people just standing around having no clue how to handle the situation.

scho63 10-09-2022 06:03 PM

While your post is well thought out and is ideal, the one major flaw in your argument is "controlling" your pets.

What we see all too often, including this story, are that the pitbulls loose control and owners have no ability to get them to stop.

scho63 10-09-2022 06:11 PM

Those parents will be in therapy for the rest of their lives. If one of them was against the pets on the first place, divorce court and hate will be first on the agenda.

I can't even fathom seeing your two small children being mauled and torn apart by two dogs.

There is nothing positive from this, not a single thing.

ThaVirus 10-09-2022 06:11 PM

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16516111)
While your post is well thought out and is ideal, the one major flaw in your argument is "controlling" your pets.

What we see all too often, including this story, are that the pitbulls loose control and owners have no ability to get them to stop.

I understand that you can't mind control your animal at all times. What I mean by control is being able to end the threat quickly if a situation like this arises. Emphasis on the "ability to get them to stop."

Cats are not very big, but they're assholes and will not hesitate to scratch or claw at an infant if it invades their space. For that reason, I'd say you should not have a cat with an infant/toddler around. If you do, you need to be ready to punt the shit out of the cat in a heartbeat.

On a similar note, pit bulls aren't as temperamental as a cat, but they're far more dangerous if that kill switch is suddenly flicked for whatever reason. Knowing that, controlling your pit bull, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, etc. would mean putting an end to the violence.

This woman was incapable of doing so. A lot of people are incapable of doing so.

scho63 10-09-2022 06:15 PM

Cats aren't killing babies, pitbulls are.

If some owners are able to stop an attack from becoming lethal, then that means pitbulls are even MORE lethal than the stats suggest because there could easily be more deaths.

Coochie liquor 10-09-2022 06:27 PM

Just sold my Pitbull concert tickets. I won’t be supporting anyone that harms kids. **** that guy!

Iowanian 10-09-2022 06:32 PM

Terrible story.

If you own a trailer park dog, I generally assume you’re a trailer park person.

ThaVirus 10-09-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16516120)
Cats aren't killing babies, pitbulls are.

If some owners are able to stop an attack from becoming lethal, then that means pitbulls are even MORE lethal than the stats suggest because there could easily be more deaths.

Some are. A poster above mentioned choking them. I actually just saw a viral video the other day of a random guy coming out of nowhere and choking an out of control pit. Then he just walked away.

It was refreshing to see.

Frazod 10-09-2022 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 16515491)

I knew a couple of idiot douche brothers who were like that. They had a pit bull and were mean as hell to it. I felt bad for the dog, but I also felt like that dog was a disaster waiting to happen.

I stopped hanging around with those assholes pretty much immediately. That was over 25 years ago. Hopefully the dog ate both of them.

rabblerouser 10-09-2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 16515290)
Black, Yellow, or Chocolate?

Black.

Black labs are absolutely special.

Bird Dog is 12 and is my lifelong companion, the best dog EVER :

https://i.ibb.co/3dRV6jN/IMG-20220727-222429-238.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/ZNx5SpF/20220606-160748.jpg[/url]

Lola turned 6 months old on the 6th :
https://i.ibb.co/hChgyyM/20221009-001109.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Gfm6WTL/20220913-201642.jpg

They are my world.

Easy 6 10-09-2022 06:55 PM

BLM yard sign, come on bruh LMAO

Mephistopheles Janx 10-09-2022 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16516177)

I'm gonna take a stab and say that the sign didn't belong to rr.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-09-2022 07:42 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rd0j3d-xBJs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mephistopheles Janx 10-09-2022 08:54 PM

That lady bringing more dogs into the situation is a dumb****. Glad it wasn't worse.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-09-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 16516437)
That lady bringing more dogs into the situation is a dumb****. Glad it wasn't worse.

people were too stupid to head for the water. Make that ****er blow bubbles.

cdcox 10-09-2022 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16514980)
Don't necessarily fault anyone for simply not trusting dogs with this kind of reputation - there's no NEED for them to exist; plenty of 'safe' dogs out there for anyone that wants one.

But I'll say this - that rot if mine, hard headed as he is, is the most fiercely loyal and attentive dog. He's aware of everything. If he sees someone walking down the sidewalk and the kids are in the driveway, he'll just go to the end of the driveway and watch everything.

And I don't have a good way to describe his personality apart from just being very mercurial. He's charming as ****; everyone that visits us loves that dog because he's just an interesting and extremely affectionate little heathen.

But again - I don't fault the 'I'll never have one' crowd because they are different. Different to train, different to own.

And ultimately I think that's where people truly fail. They try to pretend like their rotty or their pit is a golden retriever. They aren't; never will be. They're working dogs and they're laser focused. If you can't direct that focus, you'll end up with a bit of a neurotic dog. And a neurotic dog with that kind of bite force is not great.

I hope that you never leave your dog unchained on your driveway. Lots of totally normal people can walk past, minding their own business with no interest in you, your house, your dog, or your children. If you own a lethal weapon, with a clearly random element to their personality, you have 100% responsibility for the safety of everyone that might encounter it.

Ming the Merciless 10-09-2022 09:56 PM

"my dog is special "

moron dog owners, constantly letting their dogs off leashes

I dont know you. I don't know your dog. now you make me pick my toddler up and be wary because your dog is too special to stay on the leash?

**** you

kcjoker 10-09-2022 09:58 PM

Just make it illegal to breed pits or pit mixes and the breed dies out.

cdcox 10-09-2022 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=Mephistopheles Janx;16515323]I'm honestly more fearful of the cat than the Pitty mix. [\QUOTE]

Geeze be serious. Even if an average cat might be less predictable than an average dog (I doubt), show me a case of a house cat killing a human. We've had seven cats, and there is not one that wouldn't disengage in bad behavior if I showed my displeasure (as in clapping my hands loudly). My dad got his leg tore up by his cat when he got triggered by another cat, but dad's life wasn't ever in danger.

dlphg9 10-09-2022 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=cdcox;16516547]
Quote:

I'm honestly more fearful of the cat than the Pitty mix. [\QUOTE]

Geeze be serious. Even if an average cat might be less predictable than an average dog (I doubt), show me a case of a house cat killing a human. We've had seven cats, and there is not one that wouldn't disengage in bad behavior if I showed my displeasure (as in clapping my hands loudly). My dad got his leg tore up by his cat when he got triggered by another cat, but dad's life wasn't ever in danger.

It's that stupid line of thinking that really gets under my skin.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-09-2022 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=cdcox;16516547]
Quote:

I'm honestly more fearful of the cat than the Pitty mix. [\QUOTE]

I'm talking about my specific pitty mix (the one in the photo) so I am being very serious.

The cat has bowed up on me twice since I got him. The pitty runs and hides if I so much as look or sound miffed.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-09-2022 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16516564)

It's that stupid line of thinking that really gets under my skin.

Talking about *MY* specific 22% pitbull mixed dog and how fearful of it *I* am.

DJ's left nut 10-09-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16516531)
I hope that you never leave your dog unchained on your driveway. Lots of totally normal people can walk past, minding their own business with no interest in you, your house, your dog, or your children. If you own a lethal weapon, with a clearly random element to their personality, you have 100% responsibility for the safety of everyone that might encounter it.

Invisible fence.

But yeah, clearly don't have any control of my 'lethal weapon'.

Methinks you missed the point. Biggly.

cdcox 10-09-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16516574)
Invisible fence.

But yeah, clearly don't have any control of my 'lethal weapon'.

Methinks you missed the point. Biggly.

1. The person walking by has no knowledge of either the disposition of your dog or the presence of your invisible fence. Just rude at the very least. Maybe you live at the end of a long deserted street and no one ever walks by.

2. Would an invisible fence stop you from protecting your children from a threat? Pretend all you want, but an intent dog isn’t going to be stopped by an invisible fence.

ChiefsFanatic 10-09-2022 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16514928)
Pitbulls make up less than 6% of the dog population, yet are responsible for more than 80% of dog related human fatalities in the US

I don't give a damn what anyone says, I wouldn't trust one of those ****ing dogs for one second

I do believe that how a dog is raised makes some difference, but as a child I was mauled by a German Shepherd who the owner claims was treated like a part of the family, and would never hurt anyone.

Ripped my cheek off, left me with about 10 scars on my face, and several more on the back of my head.

My point is, dogs that have literally been bred to be aggressive should not be around small children.

My ex MIL had a friend who had a toddler, and insisted that their pitbull would protect the baby. I said if they keep letting the toddler yank and pull on the dog, that eventually something bad would happen. The parents cussed me out, my ex MIL cussed me out, because their dog would never do anything.

Guess what? Yep, the dog attacked the 3 year old. I said that the child didn't deserve it, but the parents should have known better.

Basically, if you own an aggressive breed of dog, and you have small children, it's **** around and find out.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

rabblerouser 10-10-2022 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16516177)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 16516226)
I'm gonna take a stab and say that the sign didn't belong to rr.

Janx is correct, and that is isn't a comment on Marxism or anyone's ideological beliefs; I do not put yard signs up. Ever.

My yard is neat and proper, like Hank Hill's. If Hank ever saw a yard sign in his yard, it was quickly removed, I tell ya whut.

https://i.ibb.co/64bdjK6/hank-hill-b...uobvq-350t.jpg

Couldn't resist the photo op - Black Labs Matter Easy6.

TLO 10-10-2022 06:58 AM

Hello

Eleazar 10-10-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 16516565)

I'm talking about my specific pitty mix (the one in the photo) so I am being very serious.

The cat has bowed up on me twice since I got him. The pitty runs and hides if I so much as look or sound miffed.

Sure, many pits are dangerous but MINE isn't dangerous... Mine's a scaredy cat that wouldn't hurt a fly

This is a very familiar saying in threads where a dog did something "it's never done before" and tore apart somebody's kids

penguinz 10-10-2022 07:28 AM

Getting attacked by a dog is miserable even if no significant injuries.

If you ever get attacked by a dog contact your lawyer ASAP. Put the owners home insurance to use

Missouri is full liability state. The owner is 100% responsible for dog bites. The insurance company can only challenge the compensation not the liability.

tooge 10-10-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16514952)
Hate pitbulls and rots. Kill them all.

Pretty ignorant statement. So how do you feel about black men who are 6 percent of the population but account for 52 percent of murders? Kill em all?

Of course not. I've had two Greater Swiss Mountain dogs and a Rott. All three were the most gentle dogs I've ever had. My roommate in school had a Pitt and I'd wrestle around with that big baby all the time. Gentle as can be. You don't leave a toddler or infant with any dog. Your statement is ignorant. This tragedy is on mom and which ever kid was tormenting the dog.

rabblerouser 10-10-2022 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Hill (Post 16516732)
Hello

Sir, do you tolerate yard signs of any type being placed in, near, or around the vicinity of your yard?

notorious 10-10-2022 07:41 AM

I've seen first hand a well-raised family Pit go ****ing nuts over a 10 year old girl walking near a fence.

I thought it was going to take the chain link down trying to get to her. We told her and her dad to get in their car and wait.

I looked right at my friend and told him" You better get rid of that mother ****er or it's going to kill a kid".

Nicest guy ever, nicest family ever. Dog was great.

Just like someone that raises cougars, tigers, etc. They have stuff bred into them that you can not control.