ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poop Robert Pattinson... is Batman. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322984)

sully1983 06-01-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14291537)
Besides Nolan's trilogy there is no agreement on a "great" batman. Just because you haven't seen the lead in anything other than a stupid vampire film, don't be judgemental. Just saying. Maybe he stinks up the role. Cloney, Keaton are damn good actors and they stunk as Batman.

WHOA hold up now! I'll give you Clooney being an utter embarrassment as Batman but....Keaton?! He was ****ing awesome as Batman/Bruce Wayne!

Anyways, I'm glad Pattinson is going through with this and not chickening out. He's an intriguing youngish actor and I can't wait to see what Matt Reeves has up his sleeves with this one.

Sure-Oz 06-01-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Besides Nolan's trilogy there is no agreement on a "great" batman. Just because you haven't seen the lead in anything other than a stupid vampire film, don't be judgemental. Just saying. Maybe he stinks up the role. Cloney, Keaton are damn good actors and they stunk as Batman.

I feel like Kilmer was just there...as for Clooney he definitely was an ok Playboy Bruce Wayne but not much else. I think Pattinson will surprise everyone and you got an awesome director and hopefully awesome screenplay doing this. Majority from what I see online prefer Pattinson, both were good choices. I was in the bandwagon for Armie Hammer prior. Affleck imo was a great Dark Knight returns Batman but had a horrible script and meh director.

notorious 06-01-2019 09:36 PM

I’ll give him a chance.

Never watched the Twilight movies anyway. Kid might have something.

Just Passin' By 06-01-2019 10:07 PM

I'm not a big fan of Pattinson's work, but I'm not going to hold sparklevamp against him. I don't see the match here, but I'll wait to see how they frame the character before worrying about the actor playing it.

sully1983 06-01-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14291593)
I feel like Kilmer was just there...as for Clooney he definitely was an ok Playboy Bruce Wayne but not much else. I think Pattinson will surprise everyone and you got an awesome director and hopefully awesome screenplay doing this. Majority from what I see online prefer Pattinson, both were good choices. I was in the bandwagon for Armie Hammer prior. Affleck imo was a great Dark Knight returns Batman but had a horrible script and meh director.

My top choice for the new younger Batman was the guy in my avatar (Garrett Hedlund). Criminally underrated American actor. Has a cool deep voice, tall (at 6'2) and can do the dark/brooding thing really well .
Here's what he looks like with a full head of hair
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/ee...d0cb74eaa4.jpg

But i fully support Mr Pattinson & am rooting for him.

BigCatDaddy 06-01-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Besides Nolan's trilogy there is no agreement on a "great" batman. Just because you haven't seen the lead in anything other than a stupid vampire film, don't be judgemental. Just saying. Maybe he stinks up the role. Cloney, <B>Keaton</B>are damn good actors and they stunk as Batman.

WTF? Most people would say Keaton is top 2.

Sure-Oz 06-02-2019 09:01 AM

@BATMANShanlian: Whoa! Uncanny! @TomKingTK Batman looks very similar to #RobertPattinson #TheBatman [emoji1660] https://twitter.com/BATMANShanlian/s...143040/photo/1

Sure-Oz 06-02-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14291715)
My top choice for the new younger Batman was the guy in my avatar (Garrett Hedlund). Criminally underrated American actor. Has a cool deep voice, tall (at 6'2) and can do the dark/brooding thing really well .

Here's what he looks like with a full head of hair

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/ee...d0cb74eaa4.jpg

But i fully support Mr Pattinson & am rooting for him.

I've liked him in some stuff definitely underrated

BigRedChief 06-02-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14291728)

Just my opinion. Everyone has one.:harumph:

CoMoChief 06-02-2019 11:42 AM

Keaton IS Batman.

CoMoChief 06-02-2019 11:45 AM

I wont give this casting a chance....can't do it. Affleck was a terrible choice and Pattinson is probably even worse.

The Nolan Trilogy ruined Batman movies for yrs to come simply because that's the bar that's been set, and no one is gonna be able to match it.

Sure-Oz 06-02-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14292045)
I wont give this casting a chance....can't do it. Affleck was a terrible choice and Pattinson is probably even worse.

The Nolan Trilogy ruined Batman movies for yrs to come simply because that's the bar that's been set, and no one is gonna be able to match it.

So you will not see it at all?

WhiteWhale 06-02-2019 11:25 PM

For the record, and I swear I avoided reading comments for this purpose, but hte whole "So and so was a great bruce wayne but a bad batman" or vise versa is such an obnoxious thing to say. Worthless trash. Bruce wayne IS ****ing batman.

And Batman has a history of making people who bitch about casting look like idiots.

Except Affleck. What a stupid idea a 50 year old batman was. Also Affleck. **** that guy.

I'll give him a chance, but eehhhhh... the twilight guy?

I do remember they cast that butt-****ing cowboy as the Joker and it worked out pretty well, so we'll see.

WhiteWhale 06-02-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14292045)

You realize this is the same thing people said about Nolan's films in comparison to Burton's supposedly untouchable masterpieces.

Why bother. Nobody can top Keaton. Nobody can outdo Jack. ECT.

I don't see a genius filmmaker directing this one, so that's probably going to be an issue.

Nolan and Burton ARE film making geniuses. I mean... good luck with filling THOSE shoes.

WhiteWhale 06-02-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14291728)

I don't think so old chum!

BigCatDaddy 06-02-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14292677)
I don't think so old chum!

Obviously Bale was fhe best version. Who else you got?

BigRedChief 06-03-2019 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14292684)

I think 99.99% agree that there is Bale's Batman and then far below, the rest.

BigCatDaddy 06-03-2019 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14292722)
I think 99.99% agree that there is Bale's Batman and then far below, the rest.

True but I think most would also agree Clooney and Kilmer were bottom of the barrel.

Gravedigger 06-03-2019 10:14 AM

Only one way for Pattinson to break the Twilight stigma in a big way and that's nail this role. Setup the trilogy, hell even put Juaquin Pheonix in as Joker and I think you've got a recipe for success. If the reports are to be true and they're going with a Raid style Batman murder mystery where it's Batman using his detective skills more and taking out baddies one level at a time, I think it's a solid recipe for success. The problem is that you've introduced half the cast that has been successful and the other half has been lacking. So you have to retcon and forget about Justice League and Batman v Superman if you're going to make this work. If The Batman nails it, then I think fans will be okay with just writing Affleck and Cavill out of the universe all together and recasting Batman, Superman, Flash, Cyborg, etc to aim to be the next comic inspired long running movie universe.

WhiteWhale 06-03-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14292684)

I mean... did you not get the joke?

Are you really a batman fan?

WhiteWhale 06-03-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14292926)
Only one way for Pattinson to break the Twilight stigma in a big way and that's nail this role. Setup the trilogy, hell even put Juaquin Pheonix in as Joker and I think you've got a recipe for success. If the reports are to be true and they're going with a Raid style Batman murder mystery where it's Batman using his detective skills more and taking out baddies one level at a time, I think it's a solid recipe for success. The problem is that you've introduced half the cast that has been successful and the other half has been lacking. So you have to retcon and forget about Justice League and Batman v Superman if you're going to make this work. If The Batman nails it, then I think fans will be okay with just writing Affleck and Cavill out of the universe all together and recasting Batman, Superman, Flash, Cyborg, etc to aim to be the next comic inspired long running movie universe.

This isn't a recasting. DC is doing some weird selective rebooting. Tossing some of it. Keeping others. The new suicide squad is supposed to be a reboot and not a sequel. Probably don't want to reboot or recast aquaman or wonder woman given their success and critical reception.

Plus the guy is like 20 years younger than Affleck. The story that has been set up for Affleck doesn't work with a younger Batman.

WhiteWhale 06-03-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14292724)
True but I think most would also agree Clooney and Kilmer were bottom of the barrel.

If you cast Christian Bale in Batman and Robin nobody would think so highly of him. It's not a coincidence the favorite batman performances are from the best movies.

Things like scripts and directors REALLY matter. A lot.

Setsuna 06-03-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14292926)
Only one way for Pattinson to break the Twilight stigma in a big way and that's nail this role.

There is no Twilight stigma. Good lord. Let it go. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

WhiteWhale 06-03-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14293099)
There is no Twilight stigma. Good lord. Let it go. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I'm largely unaffected by it.

I'm a grown adult man and, as such, have never watched a twilight movie.

In the end Bruce Wayne/Batman is a simple character who rarely shows emotion and therefore comes off as wooden if you do it correctly. If the movie is good, people will remember him well. If it sucks, he'll take the majority of the heat. Bale was surrounded by an amazing supporting cast with Caine, Freeman, AND Gary Oldman. All did great work.

I don't really think Bale is that great. He barely ever changes his facial expression. It works for batman, but yanno. He'll lose 80 pounds for a role and almost kill himself doing it, so he's a great actor or whatever.

rabblerouser 06-03-2019 04:34 PM

Who?

Just Passin' By 06-03-2019 10:04 PM

Michael Keaton is Batman, and the rest are just pretenders.
Jack Nicholson is Joker, but Ledger's at least got a fair claim to the title.

007 06-03-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

:cuss:
Keaton did NOT stink as Batman. Get out of here with that nonsense.

While I did love the Nolan trilogy, I still feel that Keaton was the best batman.

Gravedigger 06-03-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14293099)

Actors hate being known by their one defining role, I’m sure Pattinson wants this to succeed to put a more predominant role as what he’s known for.

Sure-Oz 06-04-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14293804)
Actors hate being known by their one defining role, I’m sure Pattinson wants this to succeed to put a more predominant role as what he’s known for.

Yep...and he's in the upcoming Nolan movie as well...this is just starting for him

Sure-Oz 06-04-2019 10:09 AM

@AaronCouch: Matt Reeves is said to have considered Pattinson early in the process but had no idea if he'd want the role. @Borys_Kit goes inside #TheBatman casting https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...batman-1215438

JUNE 04, 20196:00am PT by*Borys Kit

"Quick" Debates and Secret Screen Tests: How Robert Pattinson Became Batman

Director Matt Reeves, who picked the 'Twilight' star over Nicholas Hoult, is said to have screen-tested both actors in a Batsuit from a previous Caped Crusader film.

Two weeks ago, a black jacket-clad Robert Pattinson faced flashbulbs and reporters at the Cannes Film Festival premiere of his period drama,*The Lighthouse. When one guest approached him at the reception and said, “I heard you were the new Batman,” he offered only a sly smile and stayed mum.
In reality, Pattinson was not the Caped Crusader…just yet. Hours after his Cannes duties in designer duds, he would be on a plane to Los Angeles to face perhaps the biggest test of his acting career: putting on a Batsuit for director Matt Reeves, who is casting*The Batman.
That test was officially passed Friday, when Warner Bros. announced that Pattinson had won the role. The decision was the culmination of an intense process that insiders describe as surprisingly quick. As opposed to most superhero casting efforts, which often include far-and-wide searches and dozens of screen tests for the likes of Superman or more recently, Spider-Man, the Batman process was notably smooth.
“It was quick,” says one Warners insider. “Quicker than normal.”
Reeves, who was hired to write and direct a new Batman movie in February 2017, was envisioning actors while penning the script, according to sources familiar with the filmmaker’s thinking. It helped that this new Batman needed to conform to a defined age bracket. He is written as around 30 years old, and the story is neither another rehashing of his origin nor the tale of a seasoned crimefighter ruling Gotham City. He is Bruce Wayne still trying to find his footing on his way to becoming the genius detective.
This, of course, eliminated Ben Affleck, as*THRfirst reported*back in July 2017. (Affleck and Warner Bros. denied the recasting at the time because the actor, who had played the role in*Batman v Superman*and*Justice League, was to have headlined his own stand-alone movie that was sidelined when the studio began rethinking its superhero strategy.)
Reeves is said to have considered Pattinson, 33, early on in the process, says one source, even though no outreach was made. Reeves didn’t even know if the actor wanted the part. Since Pattinson shot to fame as a heartthrob vampire in the*Twilight*films, he has built a solid résumé in smaller, well-reviewed independent films like*Good Time*and*Maps to the Stars. He has assiduously avoided big studio franchise films.
But that fact actually made him more attractive to Reeves and the executive team at Warner Bros. Specifically, Pattinson has not yet appeared in a Marvel Studios movie, and name-brand actors not working for the DC Comics rival are becoming few and far between. While there are no contract provisions prohibiting Marvel actors from appearing in DC/Warner Bros. movies and vice versa, execs believe that cross-pollination dilutes both brands and can cause confusion for audiences, especially from a marketing point of view.
Nicholas Hoult, 29, who became Pattinson’s chief rival later in the process, had been appearing as Hank McCoy, aka the Beast, in the X-Men movies. But Warners execs didn’t disqualify him because the X-Men flicks are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, are ensemble in nature and Hoult spent large chunks of those movies unrecognizable as a furry blue mutant.
Reeves is said to have spent hours poring over the two actors’ work and met with them in April. Pattinson has far more name recognition than Hoult, but it was his work in*Good Time*and*High Life, among others, that Reeves kept on coming back to. Hoult, too, had impressed the deliberate filmmaker, known for his thought-provoking work on the*Planet of the Apes*franchise, with*The Favourite*this winter.
The two actors in short order became the only contenders, and during the week of May 20, when Pattinson flew in from Cannes, both shot screen tests in costume on the Burbank lot. Each had a pre-negotiated deal in place, ready to go into effect for whoever had the final contingency lifted, the screen test.
Pattinson and Hoult put on a suit from a previous Batman movie, as has become customary in the Bat-test process. (Christian Bale, before landing*Batman Begins, performed his test in the suit used by Val Kilmer in 1995’sBatman Forever, for instance.) Did they embody the character? How did their eyes look and act? Is there a specialness to them? Those were the questions Reeves and the studio wanted answered.
“(Reeves) wanted very specific things,” says one insider. “He knew what he was looking for.”
Reeves and Warners execs took the week after Memorial Day to deliberate their choices, and by Thursday night, made the calls to the actors. The Batman who would lead the studio into the 2020s had been found.
Pattinson now moves on to the next stage: getting fitted for his own Batsuit, and training for a shoot that will likely take place in early 2020.

JD10367 06-04-2019 04:51 PM

"Reeves, who was hired to write and direct a new Batman movie in February 2017, was envisioning actors while penning the script, according to sources familiar with the filmmaker’s thinking. It helped that this new Batman needed to conform to a defined age bracket. He is written as around 30 years old, and the story is neither another rehashing of his origin nor the tale of a seasoned crimefighter ruling Gotham City. He is Bruce Wayne still trying to find his footing on his way to becoming the genius detective."

When you think about it, Batman is a pretty diverse character. In the first half of the 20th century he was more of the detective. In the later half of the 20th century, he got bigger--and angrier. Sometimes he's portrayed as a bitter angry kung-fu master, sometimes he's portrayed as a regular joe who is just rich enough to invent cool toys. Sometimes he's portrayed with deep character (Bale), sometimes he's portrayed like a piece of cardboard (Clooney, Kilmer). So how RP does in this role will depend a lot on the writing, IMO. If they do go more for the middle-ground Batman of more detecting and less angry ass-kicking, then it might work.

Bump 06-04-2019 05:17 PM

I was bored last night and watched Good Time on amazon, it had this guy in it. It was alright, but it's hard to imagine him as Batman.

I used to love Batman movies and everything, but comic book movies have been ruined for me so I doubt I'll be very interested in watching it. If it ever comes to whatever streaming service I'm using, I'll probably watch it then.

R Clark 06-04-2019 05:55 PM

Keaton kicks bales ass

ThaVirus 06-04-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14294473)
I was bored last night and watched Good Time on amazon, it had this guy in it. It was alright, but it's hard to imagine him as Batman.

I used to love Batman movies and everything, but comic book movies have been ruined for me so I doubt I'll be very interested in watching it. If it ever comes to whatever streaming service I'm using, I'll probably watch it then.

Comic book movies are better than they've ever been. You're a ****ing crybaby.

Bump 06-04-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14294565)

ROFL

Mephistopheles Janx 06-05-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14294565)

MARTHA!!!!! :rolleyes:

Sure-Oz 06-05-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14295109)
MARTHA!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Why did you say that name???!!!!

ThaVirus 06-05-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14295109)
MARTHA!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Mhmm.. lol

Then tell me: what era was the peak of comic book movie quality?

Bump 06-05-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14295617)
Mhmm.. lol

well in my humble opinion, I really liked the Nolan Batmans, the Christopher Reeves Supermans, the Michael Keaton Batmans, the first 2 XMen movies. I consider them all comic book classics. The first 2 Spider Mans with Tobey I liked. Not a fan of the newer ones.

ThaVirus 06-05-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14295622)
well in my humble opinion, I really liked the Nolan Batmans, the Christopher Reeves Supermans, the Michael Keaton Batmans, the first 2 XMen movies. I consider them all comic book classics. The first 2 Spider Mans with Tobey I liked. Not a fan of the newer ones.

Well, that's kind of all over the place. Seems like the last comic book movie you liked came out about seven years ago.. didn't like Infinity War? Endgame? Iron Man? Captain America: Winter Soldier? What ruined comic book movies for you in the last seven years?

Bump 06-05-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14295632)
Well, that's kind of all over the place. Seems like the last comic book movie you liked came out about seven years ago.. didn't like Infinity War? Endgame? Iron Man? Captain America: Winter Soldier? What ruined comic book movies for you in the last seven years?

I guess I'm just not entertained by them anymore.

007 06-06-2019 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14295258)
Why did you say that name???!!!!

MUST. SAVE. MARTHA.

Mephistopheles Janx 06-06-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14295617)
Mhmm.. lol

MARVEL comic book movies are better than they've ever been.

DC comic book movies took a terrible turn at the end of Nolan's Batman. Suicide Squad was trash. Bats v Sups was trash. The standalone Superman movies were on the trash side of borderline being ok.

"You're a ****ing crybaby." - is that your go-to insult for people that disagree about movies with you now?

ThaVirus 06-06-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14296404)
MARVEL comic book movies are better than they've ever been.

DC comic book movies took a terrible turn at the end of Nolan's Batman. Suicide Squad was trash. Bats v Sups was trash. The standalone Superman movies were on the trash side of borderline being ok.

"You're a ****ing crybaby." - is that your go-to insult for people that disagree about movies with you now?

Of course not. He was being a drama queen so I called him a crybaby. Then we talked more about his thoughts on the matter and I left it alone. No argument needed.

The Franchise 09-04-2019 11:00 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cElcLipGNIA

DeepPurple 09-05-2019 08:11 AM

I've only seen the first Twilight, so I don't know much about Robert Pattison. I did see him in a film on HBO about 8 years ago called "Remember Me", it was a 2010 film. It has the biggest twist and sad ending to a film I've ever seen, and have never forgotten. It starts out as rom-com and is a decent movie but the ending takes it to a whole new level. If it's on Netflix, Amazon or something and you want to see Robert Pattison, watch this movie.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lm9kch.jpg

Fish 09-05-2019 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14424047)

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FakeOffici...restricted.gif

InChiefsHeaven 09-05-2019 08:22 AM

Enough already...geeez...

Sure-Oz 09-05-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 14424316)
I've only seen the first Twilight, so I don't know much about Robert Pattison. I did see him in a film on HBO about 8 years ago called "Remember Me", it was a 2010 film. It has the biggest twist and sad ending to a film I've ever seen, and have never forgotten. It starts out as rom-com and is a decent movie but the ending takes it to a whole new level. If it's on Netflix, Amazon or something and you want to see Robert Pattison, watch this movie.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lm9kch.jpg

Saw that with the GF at the time I was like oh damn at the end. He's been in much better stuff since, he's real good in 'good time.' He's in Nolan's Tenet movie coming up...think he's about to shed that twilight crap soon on the big movies.

Sure-Oz 09-23-2019 03:50 PM

I like this.

@THR: Exclusive: 'The Batman' targets Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon http://thr.cm/vYO5UA https://twitter.com/THR/status/11762...409856/photo/1

Sure-Oz 09-23-2019 04:35 PM

More news... possibly rumored as Riddler. I would think Penguin...

@DEADLINE: Jonah Hill In Talks For Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman’ At Warner Bros. http://dlvr.it/RDkP7R https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/...871872/photo/1

sully1983 09-24-2019 12:19 AM

Love the Jeffery Wright casting.

Won't go as far as to say I hate the Jonah Hill casting (he has been good in some things over the years) but they could have found someone better. And there is rumors Hill wanted 10 million dollars for the villain role??!?! lmao who does that greedy bozo think he is??

Nevertheless, I'm glad Reeves is moving forward with this film.

Fish 09-24-2019 07:08 AM

Jonah Hill a villian? :facepalm:JFC.....

Jamie 09-24-2019 08:05 AM

Kevin Smith said on one of his podcasts that he heard from someone who would know that this movie is an adaptation of The Long Halloween. In which case Jonah Hill might be Alberto Falcone. Also pretty much all the classic villains are in it, so there will be a lot of casting to come.

vailpass 09-24-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14474560)
Jonah Hill a villian? :facepalm:JFC.....

Right?
Glitter vamp boy as the Batman and McLovin's buddy as the big bad guy.
Sweet.

BigCatDaddy 09-24-2019 04:43 PM

Seems like they keep recycling the same shit with Batman. They need to do something a little different. I just don't know what they can do that won't suck compared to Nolan's trilogy.

bowener 09-25-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 14475876)
Seems like they keep recycling the same shit with Batman. They need to do something a little different. I just don't know what they can do that won't suck compared to Nolan's trilogy.

They can start by doing individual films with no intention of creating a ****ing trilogy, or they could do a pair/trio of films but they need to know where the third one will end before the first one films.

They also need to stop trying to ground everything in 'reality' if they plan on bringing in other heroes like Superman. That is partially why the Syder DC universe is such a pile of hot garbage covered in oozing diarrhea. Also, like most Snyder projects, it is void of any meaningful depth and the dialogue is cringe worthy. Like JJ, anything ZS touches turns to mediocrity.

Halfcan 09-25-2019 01:28 PM

Looks like they used the same movie footage and story from before and then plugged in the vampire kid.

Probably going to be worse than Batman VS Superman - the dumbest movie ever made.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-14-2019 05:00 PM

Zoe Kravitz is Catwoman (again... voiced Catwoman in The Lego Batman Movie)

https://www.thewrap.com/zoe-kravitz-...ert-pattinson/

Sure-Oz 10-14-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14525918)
Zoe Kravitz is Catwoman (again... voiced Catwoman in The Lego Batman Movie)

https://www.thewrap.com/zoe-kravitz-...ert-pattinson/

Oh I'm down

Sure-Oz 10-16-2019 04:01 PM

@Variety: Jonah Hill passes on role in #TheBatman http://bit.ly/2pp7HWU https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1...183363/photo/1

Easy 6 10-16-2019 05:06 PM

Not liking what I’m seeing so far, at all

He looks just like same pasty skinned, skinny teen vampire he was in Twilight... sure maybe he acts his ass off in this (we’ll see) but Batman needs to LOOK a certain way IMO

I need to believe the actor portraying him is capable of that kinda physicality... and I’m NOT seeing it here

ToxSocks 10-16-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14531063)
Not liking what I’m seeing so far, at all

He looks just like same pasty skinned, skinny teen vampire he was in Twilight... sure maybe he acts his ass off in this (we’ll see) but Batman needs to LOOK a certain way IMO

I need to believe the actor portraying him is capable of that kinda physicality... and I’m NOT seeing it here

Agreed. He looks like they just pulled him right from the set of Twilight and plugged him into Batman.

Easy 6 10-16-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14531108)
Agreed. He looks like they just pulled him right from the set of Twilight and plugged him into Batman.

It’s the same thing that kill Keatons Batman for me, no matter how well acted all I can ever think is look at this skinny, pencilnecked dude... that’s not Batman

Tribal Warfare 10-16-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14531163)
It’s the same thing that kill Keatons Batman for me, no matter how well acted all I can ever think is look at this skinny, pencilnecked dude... that’s not Batman

Kurt Russell and Alec Baldwin were prospective actors, but Burton was hard lined for Keaton to play the part.

Personally I thought Michael Keaton did a great job.

Easy 6 10-16-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14531187)
Kurt Russell and Alec Baldwin were prospective actors, but Burton was hard lined for Keaton to play the part.

Personally I thought Michael Keaton did a great job.

I kinda get why both of you liked him as an actor there, but cannot subscribe to it... Batman is not 5’9 175, it just doesn’t work man

lcarus 10-17-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14531217)
I kinda get why both of you liked him as an actor there, but cannot subscribe to it... Batman is not 5’9 175, it just doesn’t work man

Agreed. The Burton Batmans sucked.

Sure-Oz 10-17-2019 08:29 AM

Pattinson is 6'1 so that helps...

Just like everything else let's wait for a trailer before we freak out. I love the Catwoman casting as well

Sure-Oz 10-17-2019 11:52 AM

The castings are great imo

@AaronCouch: Breaking: Paul Dano is THE RIDDLER http://hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vi...iddler-1248494

Beef Supreme 10-17-2019 02:12 PM

Spoiler alert: his parents die in this one.

Tribal Warfare 11-06-2019 01:43 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Andy Serkis joins the cast of Matt Reeves&#39; The Batman as Alfred Pennyworth! <a href="https://t.co/vEQk4UdBf6">https://t.co/vEQk4UdBf6</a> <a href="https://t.co/fotsXhbMdU">pic.twitter.com/fotsXhbMdU</a></p>&mdash; Screen Rant (@screenrant) <a href="https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1191831401815060481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 5, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

banecat 11-06-2019 08:48 AM

And Colin Ferrell as Penguin. The Riddler has been cast as well. The Catwoman too

BigRedChief 11-06-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 14577949)
And Colin Ferrell as Penguin. The Riddler has been cast as well. The Catwoman too

All great picks. This is looking like it may be the best one of them all after Nolan's.

banecat 11-06-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14577989)
All great picks. This is looking like it may be the best one of them all after Nolan's.

Agree and Agree. They should make it darker and not try to be as much like marvel, but not go too dark like they were trying to. And Superman can't be really dark at all. They should also stick with the stand alone and have them appear in one another's films instead of sharing a universe where they're all in the same movie again. Unless they do a Legion of Doom movie. Then have all of them come together to fight a team of supervillians

sully1983 11-06-2019 10:09 AM

This is really shaping up nicely. Dano/Serkis/Farrell are all superb actors.

Sorry 11-06-2019 11:48 AM

It’s all about the script and vibe

banecat 11-06-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14578257)
It’s all about the script and vibe

Or if the cast can improvise well if the script turns out to be shitty. I recall Ironman 1 either didn't have much of a script written, or just an outline. I just remember hearing something about RDJ basically made up all or nearly all of his dialogue

Tribal Warfare 11-06-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 14578268)
Or if the cast can improvise well if the script turns out to be shitty. I recall Ironman 1 either didn't have much of a script written, or just an outline. I just remember hearing something about RDJ basically made up all or nearly all of his dialogue

Because of RDJ's brilliance every other MCU installment copied such dialogue and interaction

MelGrif 11-11-2019 05:01 AM

Frankly speaking, I can't imagine Robert Pattinson in this role...especially after The Twilight Saga

Mephistopheles Janx 11-22-2019 08:39 PM

This cast though... John Turturro now on board.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...alcone-1257437