ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   That Franchise Guy (86K subscribers) grades the Chiefs pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348545)

Coogs 04-29-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16925479)
Clearly, we don't. Even though we talked about each of the 3 picks Veach made a bunch this offseason. Two of them, Rice and Morris, were in a few of my mocks and other guys' mocks. Staylor was all about FAU and I specifically remember telling Direckshun in his where I like prospects thread he was a top-50 player. We don't know shit.

You guys are always good. But damn! You guys were/are spot on this year. Amazing!!!

Nightfyre 05-02-2023 02:22 PM

I wonder how much self scouting these YouTubers do. They grade team drafts, and that's a fun exercise, but I wonder if they turn that critical eye on themselves. It would be refreshing if they did so publicly, on their channels. Especially with a several year lookback at their big boards, mocks, and draft grades.

Chris Meck 05-02-2023 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 16923763)
When your draft decision is a perennial all-pro or a rotational guy that should be able to do roughly what Frank Clark does, maybe worse....Veach let me down here.

We are spoiled on high level TE play. That's fine. We figure a 1,200 yard 20 TD TE is just replacement value. Last spot on the team to ever worry about. I can't agree. But the die is cast and we're now heading into an era of unspoiled TE play. I don't look forward to it but we have a lot of it ahead of us. Decades of it. Didn't have to happen but we wanted it.

Veach rolled the dice in his younger days. Now he's clinching them in his fist to make sure no one can get those dice out of his hands. We used to have a guy at the helm ready to take risks to prove himself. Now he takes risks to not have to prove himself. It was a subtle transition indeed.

Just one observer's observation.

You fill the holes you actually have, man. Not fill holes that could possibly maybe happen.

You draft a TE first overall if you want, and he's going to be TE2, and Kelce's going to get most of the targets. Meanwhile, you've got holes at DE, WR, OT to and without an all-pro sitting there blocking the path to playing time.

AdolfOliverBush 05-03-2023 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 16923418)
Good insight I won't deny it. My point would be this: what signs of decline did Eric Fisher or Mitchell Schwartz show before they both went down for good? None. Schwartz was the Lou Gherig of football before his back gave out, and then he was retired.

Kelce is that age. He's one achilles away from gone. That's why I thought it so critical to get a new Kelce in here BEFORE the sunset calls and he rides into it.

We all know Mahomes can win a Super Bowl with meh receivers. We're on the verge of finding out if he can do it with a meh TE. I don't like that.

I like to tell myself that Veach is holding out for Brock Bowers next year. It'll cost a king's ransom to get him, but that guy looks exactly like Kelce 2.0, with far more polish than Kelce had at that age.

htismaqe 05-03-2023 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 16923848)
These wannabe Mel Kipers don't know shit

Nobody wants to be Mel Kiper, a guy who admitted he has an agenda for (or against) certain players/teams.

The Franchise 05-03-2023 10:01 AM

The irony of Pasta Little Brother saying nobody knows shit when he hasn't offered up an opinion on anything is hilarious.

JohnnyHammersticks 05-03-2023 05:37 PM

So in summary, his review was basically

"Don't have a lot of good things to say about it, don't have a lot of bad things to say about it."

"I don't have a whole lot else to add. Not whole lot of negative things to say, not a ton of positive things to say."

Boy that's some real crackerjack analysis there bud! :thumb:

Hopefully his next video covers how to get 2 wasted minutes of my life back.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-04-2023 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16931417)
The irony of Pasta Little Brother saying nobody knows shit when he hasn't offered up an opinion on anything is hilarious.

The post was directed at the you tuber, not our cp drafurbators. The only bater I rip on for being clueless is Direction. I've routinely stated ive read better takes on this board than the twitter you tube tryharders