ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Boston.com lays down the dynasty gauntlet. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332929)

DJ's left nut 08-10-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 15107802)
Let me paint this picture for you: WE DON"T GIVE A **** ABOUT THE PATRIOTS OR TOM BRADY OR WHATTHE****EVER YOU ARE ON ABOUT BOSTON. GO FYS

I wonder if the rapid descent didn't do this to them.

They never got to get used to merely being good. They went from a SB champion in 2018 to completely irrelevant in 2020 (after an unceremonious 2019 dispatch). So they never just got to coast on their past successes and enjoy some pretty good, no longer great, football.

So they're just churlish dicks about it when people point out that they probably aren't gonna be worth a damn this year. So they want everyone to know that they USED to be good.

I really don't get it. Bulls fans weren't like this that I can recall and they're the nearest thing professional sports has to a similar dynasty of late.

Frazod 08-10-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15107831)

They never got to get used to merely being good. They went from a SB champion in 2018 to completely irrelevant in 2019. So they never just got to coast on their past successes and enjoy some pretty good, no longer great, football.

So they're just churlish dicks about it when people point out that they probably aren't gonna be worth a damn this year. So they want everyone to know that they USED to be good.

I really don't get it. Bulls fans weren't like this that I can recall and they're the nearest thing professional sports has to a similar dynasty of late.

To be fair, the internet was in its infancy when the Bulls died. It's likely that a similar article was written about whoever thought they'd be the next big thing after that, but it was probably in a local paper that people outside of Chicago never saw.

O.city 08-10-2020 01:22 PM

Arrogant Boston sportswriter wants is to know how great (insert Boston sports team) is or was

News at 10

KC_Connection 08-10-2020 01:28 PM

They're afraid because they know without a shadow of a doubt that Mahomes is better than Brady ever was. There's a lot that goes into dynasties beyond that of course, but it at least allows the potential for a Patriots-like run.

Direckshun 08-10-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15107831)

They never got to get used to merely being good. They went from a SB champion in 2018 to completely irrelevant in 2019. So they never just got to coast on their past successes and enjoy some pretty good, no longer great, football.

I was on a band once called the Churlish Dicks.

Dartgod 08-10-2020 01:33 PM

What a chode.

Megatron96 08-10-2020 01:40 PM

This guy's really dealing with a lot of insecurity.

mr. tegu 08-10-2020 01:47 PM

Two years from now after Mahomes has his third Super Bowl trophy, “Mahomes wishes he was as accomplished as Tom Brady. He only has three titles to Brady’s six and Brady is still the greatest.”

Megatron96 08-10-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15107933)
Two years from now after Mahomes has his third Super Bowl trophy, “Mahomes wishes he was as accomplished as Tom Brady. He only has three titles to Brady’s six and Brady is still the greatest.”

Why wait two years for these twits?

Go on YT and check any video of Mahomes or a SBLIV highlight clip, and check the comments. Always at least a half a dozen Patsie fans in the first dozen or so comments posting their Patsie BS. Before Feb. it was "Bill and Tom will never let Mahomes win the AFC, so he'll never win a SB until they retire," and now it's "Mahomes won't be able to stay healthy, so he'll never win another SB." And so on. The actual mental twisting and twirling is actually pretty hilarious.

ChiliConCarnage 08-10-2020 02:27 PM

**** YOU, BAAAWSSTIIN

Bearcat 08-10-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15107706)
Well, they're right. I'm glad our guys are excited, but I'd give us about a 1% chance of matching the Pats in Super Bowls in Pat's career.

Yeah, if Mahomes matches or exceeds Brady, there would be "the next Mahomes" (well, and for the next 20 years) and "next Chiefs" talk.... and people in KC would be telling that team to pump the breaks, and how hard it is to win one much less 7, etc.

It's a big brother, "let me tell you about how it really is" article... and if the Chiefs reach that big brother status, fans will say the same thing.

It's a pretty fundamental cycle of sports and media, trying to predict "the next...", while 'the original' smirks.

bobhill 08-10-2020 02:34 PM

well when you have to cheat to win , then there will always be questions around your side "dynasty"

DJ's left nut 08-10-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15108013)
Yeah, if Mahomes matches or exceeds Brady, there would be "the next Mahomes" (well, and for the next 20 years) and "next Chiefs" talk.... and people in KC would be telling that team to pump the breaks, and how hard it is to win one much less 7, etc.

It's a big brother, "let me tell you about how it really is" article... and if the Chiefs reach that big brother status, fans will say the same thing.

It's a pretty fundamental cycle of sports and media, trying to predict "the next...", while 'the original' smirks.

It isn't this article.

It's the last 12 months they spent telegraphing that this was the article they were going to write when it took a miracle offsides penalty to get past us in 2018 and Brady was rumbling about wanting out.

Oh, and the 15 years of "nobody believes in us" that they wrote prior to that.

These guys have been obnoxious, thin-skinned, petty little tyrants for nearly 2 decades now and it's hilarious how transparent it is.

BigRedChief 08-10-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15107706)
Well, they're right. I'm glad our guys are excited, but I'd give us about a 1% chance of matching the Pats in Super Bowls in Pat's career.

Yeah, thats so hard to do. Look how much luck is involved. Does anyone think that if we win that coin flip that Patrick doesn't will this team into the end zone? But, all those SB wins and trips to the AFCCG's..... it wasn't luck.

they have a hall of fame coach, maybe GOAT coach. They have the reigning GOAT QB. There is a reason its never been done in the era of free agency. Its a long shot.

DJ's left nut 08-10-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15108099)
Yeah, thats so hard to do. Look how much luck is involved. Does anyone think that if we win that coin flip that Patrick doesn't will this team into the end zone? But, all those SB wins and trips to the AFCCG's..... it wasn't luck.

they have a hall of fame coach, maybe GOAT coach. They have the reigning GOAT QB. There is a reason its never been done in the era of free agency. Its a long shot.

Only way that happens is if Herbert and Lock flame out and the Raiders don't get a real QB.

If all 3 division opponents spend a decade struggling to find a real solution at QB, just as the AFC East did for most of the Brady/Belichick era, the Chiefs will coast to that 1st round bye quite a bit and set themselves up for something silly like 8 AFCCGs in 10 years.

But if there's as much as a single credible pro-bowl caliber QB in the division outside of KC, it throws that entire equation out because that would be just enough to toss an extra loss or two into the mix and gum up the works here and there.

The B/B run was so remarkable because of how much had to happen to make it possible, not the least of which was the rank incompetence of every division opponent the Patriots had. Getting a cakewalk to a 5-1 division record every season, with a pretty easy 6-0 if they could just keep from stepping on their dicks in Miami, made life pretty easy for the Pats.