ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Orichalcum, the lost metal of Atlantis, may have been found on a shipwreck off Sicily (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330284)

Tnerped 03-31-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 14878803)

Gonna do some duplicating while you're in that screen?

Hammock Parties 03-31-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14878922)
Orichalcum ore from Odyssey was my first thought as well. I believe they had the metal in Skyrim as well.

I never knew it was a legitimate metal from the fabled Atlantis so Clay actually taught me something new today.

I learned almost everything I know about Atlantis from Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

If you like Atlantean lore I highly recommend playing it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...e_of_Atlantis/

FAX 03-31-2020 03:31 PM

We live in a binary society. It's sad ...

All we hear about are the Atlanteans, yet we hear nothing about the Pacificans or the Lake Ontarians. Nothing at all. They don't even look for their stuff.

Either Plato was a damn bigot or the Ancient Media was on the take.

FAX

Hammock Parties 03-31-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14878992)

All we hear about are the Atlanteans, yet we hear nothing about the Pacificans or the Lake Ontarians. Nothing at all. They don't even look for their stuff.

FAX

I was recently reading about the Hyperborean legends....really interesting...I want a movie or a TV show pitting Hyperborea vs Atlantis.

And roll in the Nazis and some aliens...bring it full circle.

bowener 03-31-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

FAX

That is because Atlanteans could eat Pacificans for breakfast and shit Lake Ontarians by dinner. Neither are worth mentioning.

Hydrae 03-31-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

FAX

The land of Mu (or Lemuria)?

Bowser 03-31-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14878928)
Orichalcum ain't got nothing on Beryllium.

Beryllium

seclark 03-31-2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

FAX

Mississippian says hi
sec

Fish 03-31-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14878922)
Orichalcum ore from Odyssey was my first thought as well. I believe they had the metal in Skyrim as well.

I never knew it was a legitimate metal from the fabled Atlantis so Clay actually taught me something new today.

Technically it was much more widely used in the past than the OP article admits. Just a copper derivative. It was forged by the Greeks and others. The Atlantian tale from Plato supposedly occurred around 9,600 BC though, when most of the actual use of the alloy was during the Bronze age ~2,000 BC. Plato's description was likely a bit dated and subject to the effect of oral communication over time.

FAX 03-31-2020 06:53 PM

The problem is actually very simple ...

Archaeologists are obsessing over the fact that the Atlanteans hung out between "The Gates Of Hercules".

However, we hear nothing of the ancient peoples who preferred to spend as much of their time as possible between "The Gates Of Aphrodite".

Honestly, that tells you all you need to know.

FAX