ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trip Report: Experience of a Lifetime! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328380)

modocsot 01-20-2020 07:42 PM

Thank you for sharing, Mr. Why Not. I have two daughters (youngest is also eight), and wish they’d be interested in going to a game experience exactly like that.

InChiefsHeaven 01-20-2020 07:43 PM

That. Is. Awesome. I took my daughter to her first game at the age of 21 so we could tailgate together. Not as heart warming as your story but man, we had a helluva great time the two of us. It was the 3rd and 48 game and Arrowhead broke the noise record (the first time). She was not a Chiefs fan before that, but after the game, she is ALL about the Chiefs. Now, her son is 7 and I promised I'd get him to a game by the time he's 10.

Great story dude. Dad of they year kind of stuff!

R Clark 01-20-2020 07:51 PM

Great story ,happy for you nothing like memories with your kids.i took my son and daughter ages 7 and 8 to the Denver play off game in 97 great time and memories just not the happy ending y’all got to enjoy lol. Glad yours turned out better!!!

Why Not? 01-20-2020 07:55 PM

These response are what make this a special place. Thank you all

DanT 01-20-2020 08:18 PM

Great story!

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-20-2020 08:20 PM

What a great day!

My son and I have had awesome Chief and Royals moments over the years. Sports is a great bonding agent...

I told my son since he was 3 that if the Chiefs make the Superbowl we are going...

We are finally going and he's 26!

Why Not? 01-20-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14741223)
What a great day!

My son and I have had awesome Chief and Royals moments over the years. Sports is a great bonding agent...

I told my son since he was 3 that if the Chiefs make the Superbowl we are going...

We are finally going and he's 26!

That’s amazing! Have a great time!

lewdog 01-20-2020 08:45 PM

The kid sounds like he had a great time.

Hope you're taking him to the Super Bowl now.

dirk digler 01-20-2020 08:45 PM

How do you get tickets to the Penthouse Suite? And glad you had a great time with your son that is something that neither of you will forget.

Why Not? 01-20-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14741291)
How do you get tickets to the Penthouse Suite? And glad you had a great time with your son that is something that neither of you will forget.

I have a good friend that does a lot of business with Wells Fargo, I think it is? He was out of the country but was able to get me 2 tickets on the house. Thanks for the kind words.

Edit: I originally read that as asking how I got the tickets. Anyone can by them, I think. I think they’re around $600 a game but don’t quote me on that. That’s just what I heard from some guy

LittleMeatballNick 01-20-2020 09:03 PM

I remember watching Chiefs games with my dad, and he always apologized for turning me into a Chiefs fan. I'm glad I grew up watching the Chiefs and the Royals with him, and I wish he could have been here to watch this with me. But, I am blessed with a wife, who has been with me for every KC experience since he passed away. And I can't wait to make some spur of the moment memories like that with my family. Awesome experience with your son. Father of the Year stuff indeed!

suzzer99 01-20-2020 09:54 PM

Damn I would have been terrified to cut it that close with possible airline delays - especially in January. Glad it worked out!

Why Not? 01-20-2020 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 14741334)
I remember watching Chiefs games with my dad, and he always apologized for turning me into a Chiefs fan. I'm glad I grew up watching the Chiefs and the Royals with him, and I wish he could have been here to watch this with me. But, I am blessed with a wife, who has been with me for every KC experience since he passed away. And I can't wait to make some spur of the moment memories like that with my family. Awesome experience with your son. Father of the Year stuff indeed!

Thanks man. Here’s to your entry in that arena one day!

Why Not? 01-20-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14741466)
Damn I would have been terrified to cut it that close with possible airline delays - especially in January. Glad it worked out!

Yeah it was a bit of a dice roll but both kids had sporting events Saturday so couldn’t leave until Sunday early. Ending up missing all the bad weather and no delays. Just one of those perfect all the way around things.

EPodolak 01-20-2020 10:03 PM

Hope you took plenty of two-shot selfies, you and your kid. What a great memory for you you both.